'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
95,361 - 95,380 of 146,129 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
All lib's must have had lobotomies, except you. We have to forgive them and keep trying to educate them, hoping the truth will sink in.
But you, foolish one ,must have had a brain transplant from some animal, sense that's where your thoughts are most of the time.
you don't like animals? you think animals are foolish?
...nothing sinks in after a lobotomy...that's the idea....and congratulations on your 'mature' response.
and speaking of mature...isn't Jon another word for 'shitter'?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
All lib's must have had lobotomies, except you. We have to forgive them and keep trying to educate them, hoping the truth will sink in.
But you, foolish one ,must have had a brain transplant from some animal, sense that's where your thoughts are most of the time.
the post was about a Republican led Senate...odd that you drew out 'animals'.
isn't Jon another word for 'pooper'?
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Watching local news today made me laugh. You have to give it to the democrats...they will stretch and spin the truth and have confidence that their supporters will be as dumb today as they were 5 years ago.

The dems had to invent a Republican war on women to further their agenda. They had those wonderful 1%er Hollywood role model friends of theirs to make commercials about the Republicans war on women so their slobbering, rabid fans would vote the way their idols demanded.(P Diddy, Cher (wow, thought she died some years back on one of her final goodbye tours lol), Eva Longoria, Scarlet Johansson, Whoopie, the revs Al and Jessie...blah, blah, blah.

The dems, convinced their lies had worked on the dumb asses that believe every lie spewed from the democrat machine, decided they could incorporate their war on women plot and go after Mitch McConnell. They had come up with a candidate which represented the best of both worlds...Hollywood 1%er star and rabid Obama supporter...Ashley "pit stains" Judd. They just knew that all of Ky must be Wildcat fans as is pit stains Judd and therefor would vote for Judd. When Judd's many skeletons starting rolling out of her closet she decided that she wasn't ready to run for office just yet. lol Well damn! The democrats would have to dig up another token Ky woman to run against their arch enemy McConnell.

Heather French...she'll have to do. Seems Heather was a complete underdog from the get-go and they realized the democrats would be greatly embarrassed by the low number of votes she would receive against Mitch. Two strikes.

In between all the plots and tactics the dems made time to make racial slurs about Mrs. McConnell. I guess they had too much downtime trying to find another token Ky woman to run against Mitch so they threw in a few racial slurs against a Republican woman to show how tolerant they are of others. O-tay democrats! lmao

The democrat machine realized they were running out of time and had to go with the leftovers. lol I bet that made Alison Lundergan-Grimes feel really confident.

When Alison was asked why she waited 3 months before announcing she would run against Mitch she answered that is was a very important decision in her life and then, like a good little Obamaron she had to read her reasons from her notes and still stammered. That was a defining moment for Ms. Grimes. Also for the voters of Kentucky! She has to refer to notes to tell us why she made an important life decision. Obama would be so proud. lol

Thank you democrats. Republicans appreciate your plot gone bad to get a token woman from Kentucky to run against McConnell. Bring the Hillary "coverup queen" Clinton family to Derby City to stump for their 3rd choice candidate. Haven't the Clinton cartel been to Ky before to stump for some of the Lundergan family that ran against McConnel and lost despite all the personal millions they put into their campaign?

You can't make this stuff up, can you, democrat machine? LMMFAO
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
"We can hope"?
we can hope your daddy grows donkey ears and brays like your mama,
and I expect that, before a Republican majority Senate
The type of reply to "we can hope" is about what would be expected from name callers and personal attackers , having no other thoughtful ability to think. Why is it you can not give a thoughtful response, but have to resort, as WTF , to name caling?Just not able to think at all? Normal dutiful follower to your Mesiah?
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
In the wake of a recession that began roughly seven weeks after President Bush took office, America experienced six years of uninterrupted economic growth and a record 52 straight months of job creation that produced more than 8 million new jobs. During the Bush presidency, the unemployment rate averaged 5.3 percent. We saw labor-productivity gains that averaged 2.5 percent annually a rate that exceeds the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Real after-tax income per capita increased by more than 11 percent. And from 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17 percent, a gain of nearly $2.1 trillion.
Now, unlike Obama, whose intellectual dishonesty can be striking at times, some of us are willing to concede that things need to be placed within a proper context. Obama took the oath of office in the wake of a financial collapse that made every economic indicator much worse; its only fair to take that into account. But even here, in characterizing what happened, Obama has to present a cartoon image, distorted and disfigured, pretending that it was wholly and completely the fault of President Bush and Republicans.
In fact, it was a complex set of factors that both Republicans and Democrats were complicit in. In addition, its worth noting that Democrats were in control of Congress beginning in January 2007 and Congress is where legislation, including appropriations and tax legislation, is passed.
George W. Bushs presidency was certainly not perfect; none are. But like Truman before him, Bushs achievements will be vindicated. Unless he changes course fairly dramatically, I rather doubt the same thing will be said about Mr. Obama.
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/in-...
Where are those WMD's you silly pos?
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
The type of reply to "we can hope" is about what would be expected from name callers and personal attackers , having no other thoughtful ability to think. Why is it you can not give a thoughtful response, but have to resort, as WTF , to name caling?Just not able to think at all? Normal dutiful follower to your Mesiah?
Because you are a silly pos.
stfu

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Where are those WMD's you silly pos?
In your mama's big behind!
stfu

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are a silly pos.
We know you are!
stfu

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Wait, you did mean white mens di@ks (wmd) right?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Now as far as the Bush era, He screwed up with the Wars and so this caused the debt to worsen. Remember, he left with $9 trillion debt. Obama has increased this to $17 trillion and climbing? Remember the housing bubble Bush could not control even when he preached against it? The Democrats would not change! The Republican over spent as well when there.
So, what we need is not to bitch at one another but consider what we could do to change this situation. If you think more of Obama, forget it. We have seen his and Hillary`s failures . We want no more of this. m H e
The problem with the Repub's talking point about Obama increasing the US debt to $17 Trillion is that it is a lie. Obama has cut the deficit spending in half of what it was. Obama has spent LESS than any President in the past 50 years.
What you Repubs have is a problem with math.
Bush handed Obama the nations credit card and ONLY enough income to pay the reoccurring monthly bills and interest on it. That's why it is now $17 Trillion and will double in 10 years. How'd those Bush tax cuts work out for America. The Repubs in DC protected the rich and now we can't pay the bills.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know he (Snowden) damaged the country. The Obama administration will deal with it, the former president said.
Ok, passive statement. Who else would deal with it? Up for grabs.
Asked about the NSA surveillance, Bush said,I put the program in place to protect the country and one of the certainties is civil liberties were guaranteed.
Ok, guaranteed? Snooping into everyone's files, emails and phone calls is called "civil liberties guaranteed?
Not being implemented, Mr. Bush!
He added,I think there needs to be a balance (between individual liberty and national security) and as the president (Obama) described, there is a proper balance.
Where is the line drawn for "proper balance, Mr. Obama?
haha, G.W. Bush playing politics and now you love him......LMAO!!! at you.
I will try an do this without calling you stupid. The entire data collection just sits there. No one goes through your calls, emails or files. Now if you had been on the phone with say Ben Laden or the Boston bombers than those records are pulled from the data. That is how it works. If you don't believe this than please tell us all how many government employees it takes to read and listen to the billions made PER DAY?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

It's about time for that Anti-America Woman's drug induced sleep to be over. I wonder how she will spin the news of America's auto industry having the best month since 2007.
Doom and Gloom I'm sure.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
because a thoughtful response on this forum has about as much worth as a 'praying for peace'
I'm not wasting my time trying to reason with you idiots, I think I've made that clear. I'm here to push buttons and to shock and awe.
Dickhead...now give me a thoughtful response, granddad

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
It's about time for that Anti-America Woman's drug induced sleep to be over. I wonder how she will spin the news of America's auto industry having the best month since 2007.
Doom and Gloom I'm sure.
What "drug induced sleep"?!

She's been "enjoying" the 'weather' WITH her "grandchildren"!

Just Sayin

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Now as far as the Bush era, He screwed up with the Wars and so this caused the debt to worsen. Remember, he left with $9 trillion debt. Obama has increased this to $17 trillion and climbing? Remember the housing bubble Bush could not control even when he preached against it? The Democrats would not change! The Republican over spent as well when there.
So, what we need is not to bitch at one another but consider what we could do to change this situation. If you think more of Obama, forget it. We have seen his and Hillary`s failures . We want no more of this. m H e
Nearly 1/2 of the increase of the deficit was due to attempting to stop the slide that the GOP and THEIR failures initiated. The rest was done trying to do exactly what just about every creditable economist in the world has said repeatedly is the only thing that a country can do to stop said slide...infuse money into the economy. Might not been done as well as it should have been....but some good things were done. The corporations seem to be doing quite well thru all this. It's been the lower half that has struggled so mightily. There is easily a case to be made that the minority in the Senate...under Mitch's leadership has done everything possible to stop everything possible...i.e. over 400 filibusters over a 6yr period. Which by the way is an AVERAGE that is more than ANY OTHER minority caucus has had in any 2yr span in history. I guess you could say Mitch is a man of his word as he said his ONLY priority was to do in Obama. Certainly not what I would imagine most of us voters would have hoped for from such a fine man. The man has even filibustered HIS OWN BILLS!!!. Then you have the GOP lead House, whose lack of getting anything done, less than any in history, is only rivaled by the current GOP lead House in their 1st 6mos in control. They can't even agree on what to disagree on between themselves.

Even without anything getting done in Congress...Obama has done several things that has cut into the yrly deficit. Not enough...but it takes much more than one man to make the changes needed. I am sure you and others have seen recently that Obama care seems to have had more of an affect on the deficit than was predicted...with healthcare dropping from 10% of GDP to a mere 2.1% in just under 2yrs. Nothing has ever dropped that much in such a short time.

I saw a few pages back that you were talking about how Obama and the Dems were going to cut the Defense budget and how bad of an idea that was. Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought when a budget gets "cut" that that meant their budget is LESS than it was the previous yr. That is not the case here. The Dems want to "cut" the amount of INCREASE of the Defense budget. Just a bit of a difference there I think. Kinda the same thing was said during the election about how Medicare was going to get cut by Obama....again I tend to use the same definition of "cut" here...and again what was said is incorrect. But was correct of either of Romney's or Ryan's plan(s).

Now these cell phones Obama has deemed something some ppl on welfare have to have, I disagree with mostly...however the next item it is said he is considering I whole heartedly agree with...a universal remote control....so ppl have no excuse to not change the channel from Faux News and get the Paul Harvey version about things.

Good day.
Concerned

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the 2nd of the month. She got her check yesterday and probably OD'ed on crack. I'm worried for her.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly 1/2 of the increase of the deficit was due to attempting to stop the slide that the GOP and THEIR failures initiated. The rest was done trying to do exactly what just about every creditable economist in the world has said repeatedly is the only thing that a country can do to stop said slide...infuse money into the economy. Might not been done as well as it should have been....but some good things were done. The corporations seem to be doing quite well thru all this. It's been the lower half that has struggled so mightily. There is easily a case to be made that the minority in the Senate...under Mitch's leadership has done everything possible to stop everything possible...i.e. over 400 filibusters over a 6yr period. Which by the way is an AVERAGE that is more than ANY OTHER minority caucus has had in any 2yr span in history. I guess you could say Mitch is a man of his word as he said his ONLY priority was to do in Obama. Certainly not what I would imagine most of us voters would have hoped for from such a fine man. The man has even filibustered HIS OWN BILLS!!!. Then you have the GOP lead House, whose lack of getting anything done, less than any in history, is only rivaled by the current GOP lead House in their 1st 6mos in control. They can't even agree on what to disagree on between themselves.
Even without anything getting done in Congress...Obama has done several things that has cut into the yrly deficit. Not enough...but it takes much more than one man to make the changes needed. I am sure you and others have seen recently that Obama care seems to have had more of an affect on the deficit than was predicted...with healthcare dropping from 10% of GDP to a mere 2.1% in just under 2yrs. Nothing has ever dropped that much in such a short time.
I saw a few pages back that you were talking about how Obama and the Dems were going to cut the Defense budget and how bad of an idea that was. Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought when a budget gets "cut" that that meant their budget is LESS than it was the previous yr. That is not the case here. The Dems want to "cut" the amount of INCREASE of the Defense budget. Just a bit of a difference there I think. Kinda the same thing was said during the election about how Medicare was going to get cut by Obama....again I tend to use the same definition of "cut" here...and again what was said is incorrect. But was correct of either of Romney's or Ryan's plan(s).
Now these cell phones Obama has deemed something some ppl on welfare have to have, I disagree with mostly...however the next item it is said he is considering I whole heartedly agree with...a universal remote control....so ppl have no excuse to not change the channel from Faux News and get the Paul Harvey version about things.
Good day.
ABSOLUTELY! Great post.

DITCH MITCH 2014
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to agree with Injudgement, "drug induced sleep". I would hate to think she was around little children. That is a frightening thought. Can you imagine the stories she would tell? haha

DITCH MITCH 2014
flap jack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

obama has recently proposed that fully armed Russian troops be allowed to patrol within the borders of the united states ,....
have we really fallen through he bunny hole folks ? or is this becoming a episode of the twilight zone ?

America is rapidly becoming a a place where logic is inverted ,....
DumboRATS

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day.
You must be uninformed,misinformed,stupid or just have your head up your butt. I really feel sorry for sheeple like you. There is no help for this nation if you are a sample of the rest of your ilk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,881
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min WasteWater 52,157
Cruz, Abbott: Obama to blame for flood of minors 3 min will not vote 18
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... 4 min OnlyPatchWork 544
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min X -Man- 243,635
House bid a stepping stone for space-focused ca... 5 min Captain Yesterday 28
•••
•••