'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#94047 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ge-filed-57...
Idiot!!
Plus GE had 108 BILLION it kept overseas as to not pay taxes.
So yes, you are dumb, uneducated, and you drink the 'we are over taxed' koolaid by the GALLON!!
Educate yourself!!!!!!! And quit making a complete fool of yourself by being so ignorant of the truth.
Overtaxed, always raising taxes... Blah blah blah
Just stupid republicans!!
I am NOT an "idiot", not "dumb", not "uneducated" and I do NOT like "koolaid" sweetheart.

Just who is trying to clean up the tax loopholes provided in your link? Paul Ryan. In case you were not aware, he is a Republican!
----------

The fact that GE paid no taxes in 2010 was widely reported earlier this year, but the size of its tax return first came to light when House budget committee chairman Paul Ryan (R, Wisc.) made the case for corporate tax reform at a recent townhall meeting. "GE was able to utilize all of these various loopholes, all of these various deductions--it's legal," Ryan said. Nine billion dollars of GE's profits came overseas, outside the jurisdiction of U.S. tax law. GE wasn't taxed on $5 billion in U.S. profits because it utilized numerous deductions and tax credits, including tax breaks for investments in low-income housing, green energy, research and development, as well as depreciation of property.

Ryan is hopeful that President Obama will work with Republicans on corporate tax reform. "This is the one thing I think we've got some bipartisan agreement on," he said.

Location hidden

#94048 Apr 13, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, where does it say that?
Common knowledge and standard.
----------

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work. Plagiarism is not a crime per se but in academia and industry it is a serious moral offence,[7][8] and cases of plagiarism can constitute copyright infringement.

Self-plagiarism (also known as "recycling fraud"[24]) is the reuse of significant, identical, or nearly identical portions of one's own work without acknowledging that one is doing so or without citing the original work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

Location hidden

#94049 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
What rating do those states have as far as welfare and food stamps??
I know you're republican, and too lazy to look it up, so I'll tell you.... They ALL are!
Imagine that... Ruined by republicans!!
Next??
Why are republicans so dumb??
(Notice she didn't say a word about GE not paying a penny on 125 BILLION bucks?? Republicans are amazingly STUPID!!)
Just who is trying to clean up the tax loopholes provided in your link? Paul Ryan. In case you were not aware, he is a Republican!
----------

The fact that GE paid no taxes in 2010 was widely reported earlier this year, but the size of its tax return first came to light when House budget committee chairman Paul Ryan (R, Wisc.) made the case for corporate tax reform at a recent townhall meeting. "GE was able to utilize all of these various loopholes, all of these various deductions--it's legal," Ryan said. Nine billion dollars of GE's profits came overseas, outside the jurisdiction of U.S. tax law. GE wasn't taxed on $5 billion in U.S. profits because it utilized numerous deductions and tax credits, including tax breaks for investments in low-income housing, green energy, research and development, as well as depreciation of property.

Ryan is hopeful that President Obama will work with Republicans on corporate tax reform. "This is the one thing I think we've got some bipartisan agreement on," he said.

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ge-filed-57 ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#94051 Apr 13, 2013
Liberal PAC has little cash, influence in Kentucky
Posted Saturday, Apr. 13, 2013

The FBI is now investigating the incident, which involves Progress Kentucky Executive Director Shawn[Sean is the "correct" way to spell it] Reilly and volunteer Curtis Morrison, both of Louisville.

Ted Shouse, Reilly's attorney, told the AP that Reilly and Morrison were in a "public hallway" outside the office building suite where McConnell's meeting took place. But Shouse said Reilly never recorded anything.[of course he says that!]

McConnell was swift in his response, calling the Twitter message a "racial slur" and "the ultimate outrage." His campaign then ran a statewide television spot in which Chao said "far-left special interests are also attacking my ethnicity."

>>>-->> Morrison[one of the punks] ran for the state Senate in 2012 in a bid to represent some of Louisville's trendy and heavily Democratic neighborhoods. He listed his campaign website as http://www.senatorawesome.com , according to his filing with the Secretary of State. He lost in the Democratic primary by a margin of 5-to-1.

Morrison was one of the organizers of the Occupy Louisville movement. After months of protesting in two Louisville parks, the group cleared out its tents and personal items about a year ago. He writes a blog, louisvillecourant.blogspot.com , and posted as late as Friday, but made no comment about the McConnell recording.

Tobe said Progress Kentucky is not the iconic super PAC people usually think of.

"As Stephen Colbert has made a mockery of super PACs on his show, this is just another example of taking it to another extreme," Tobe said. "Most people assume that you have to have money to have a super PAC. This shows you do not."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/04/13/47721...
Syl

Ashland, KY

#94052 Apr 13, 2013
Taking our guns won't stop the madness. The government can't stop it, because they can't take the criminal's guns. We have to be in charge of our own security.

911 and a burglar alarm is not going to save you. Praying you will get passed over is not an option.
Nobody can stop people like this 17 year old"animal" named De'Marquis Elkins, who shot and killed am innocent 13 month old baby in a stroller and injured the mother. During a robbery he shot the baby in the face making good on his threat.
He was a member of the NRA. He did not use an assault rifle.
He did not get his pistol at a gun show, His favorite music is rap.
He did not attend Christian school, nor was he home schooled.
He did attend multicultural public education, and was not instructed in the Ten Commandments.

His mother was on welfare, got food stamps, and lived in public housing.
His daddy was not around, and his two brothers have a diff daddy.

He already has a record for violent crimes.He is a gang member.
His mother voted for Obama.
He never earned his hunter safety card, nor did he shoot CMP, JUNIOR NPA or 4 H AIR Rifle competitions.

He was never instructed in gun safety from his father or grandfather.

His public education and family taught him that the white man owes him something. He went to collect it.
He has no plans on getting married, but does have a "baby mamma" and no, he is not supporting her baby.
He smokes weed.
he does respect Kayne West.

While he has no job nor was he looking for one, he is well fed, and does not need a job. He has no skills outside of crime.
He speaks Ebonics, and is not capable of doing a professorial interviews, even though he spent 11 years in public education.

He is one of millions. When Obama breaks the economy, they are coming for you.
People you better stay armed, Well Armed!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#94053 Apr 13, 2013
Curtis Morrison has a COPY of the 'ethics complaint' on Mitch McConnell on "his blog" ...
http://www.citizensforethics.org/page/-/PDFs/...

APRIL 11, 2013
FBI investigation of Mitch McConnell requested

Also, respectfully, I am not doing interviews at this time and have no plans to do so in the near future.[*snIcker*]
POSTED BY CURTIS MORRISON AT 10:35 PM

http://louisvillecourant.blogspot.com/2013/04...

``````````
which involves Progress Kentucky Executive Director Seann Reilly and volunteer Curtis Morrison, both of Louisville.

``````````
A "crook" calling someone a "crook" ...

Funny!:)

“Hot C can't explain it...”

Since: Apr 13

...but he'll hold your hand

#94054 Apr 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Liberal PAC has little cash, influence in Kentucky
Posted Saturday, Apr. 13, 2013
The FBI is now investigating the incident, which involves Progress Kentucky Executive Director Shawn[Sean is the "correct" way to spell it] Reilly and volunteer Curtis Morrison, both of Louisville.
Ted Shouse, Reilly's attorney, told the AP that Reilly and Morrison were in a "public hallway" outside the office building suite where McConnell's meeting took place. But Shouse said Reilly never recorded anything.[of course he says that!]
McConnell was swift in his response, calling the Twitter message a "racial slur" and "the ultimate outrage." His campaign then ran a statewide television spot in which Chao said "far-left special interests are also attacking my ethnicity."
>>>-->> Morrison[one of the punks] ran for the state Senate in 2012 in a bid to represent some of Louisville's trendy and heavily Democratic neighborhoods. He listed his campaign website as http://www.senatorawesome.com , according to his filing with the Secretary of State. He lost in the Democratic primary by a margin of 5-to-1.
Morrison was one of the organizers of the Occupy Louisville movement. After months of protesting in two Louisville parks, the group cleared out its tents and personal items about a year ago. He writes a blog, louisvillecourant.blogspot.com , and posted as late as Friday, but made no comment about the McConnell recording.
Tobe said Progress Kentucky is not the iconic super PAC people usually think of.
"As Stephen Colbert has made a mockery of super PACs on his show, this is just another example of taking it to another extreme," Tobe said. "Most people assume that you have to have money to have a super PAC. This shows you do not."
"As Stephen Colbert has made a mockery of super PACs on his show,'

no, Colbert exposed the mockery that SuperPacs already were...Steven! Steven!Steven!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#94055 Apr 13, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
no, Colbert exposed the mockery that SuperPacs already were...Steven! Steven!Steven!
Democrat super pacs
About 22,200,000 results (0.29 seconds)

https://www.google.com/search...

republican super-pacs outgun obama
About 131,000 results (0.30 seconds)

https://www.google.com/search...

lil buzzard ...
'chicken' hawk ...
vulture ...

Got it?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#94056 Apr 13, 2013
School cheating scandal shakes up Atlanta

In a 2009 file photo, Atlanta school Superintendent Beverly Hall holds up her award after she was named national superintendent of the year.(Photo: Paul Sakuma, AP)[WoW - they HAD to give it to the LEAST one of the cheaters NOT worth 'anything' like the 0's nobel prize]

On March 29, a Fulton County grand jury indicted 35 Atlanta educators, including former superintendent Beverly Hall, in what prosecutors call

a huge cheating conspiracy stretching to **58 schools.

The administrators, principals, teachers and even a school secretary face charges of racketeering, conspiracy and making false statements.[CORRUPTION -rotten to the core]

Hall, who retired days before the 2011 release of a state cheating probe, also faces theft charges, because her salary rose with rising student test scores on standardized tests.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/rss/article/308...
Jodi

Ashland, KY

#94057 Apr 13, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarism is also against topix TOS but what does any of this matter to a wet nosed little shut in who lives on the internet?
Republican Honey is really getting to you and uncle isn't she? Or are you one and same comic. I know it's driving you crazy as a bat, and I bet you'r pulling your wig off and throwing it against computer aren't you? lollollololo! Still feeling superior much?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#94058 Apr 13, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are for Obama, you are for abortion.
You know I've heard this bullshit Repub talking point for 40 years now. Many times Repubs have been in control of the White House, Congress and Senate with nothing said or done about abortion. All abortion is to any Repub leader is a few votes for talking about it.
syl

Ashland, KY

#94059 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax breaks for the wealthy were going to provide those jobs.
Again... Another HUGE republican failure.
Anything else??
Didn't think so..... Dumb uneducated koolaid drinking republican..
And please learn the use of 'is' please.'Are' should have been used not is.
Dumb republican!
What koolaid have you been drinking today?

Location hidden

#94060 Apr 13, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarism is also against topix TOS but what does any of this matter to a wet nosed little shut in who lives on the internet?
Please let me clarify a couple of things. You know absolutely NOTHING about me. I do not have a wet nose, I am not a "shut" (LOL) and I most certainly do not "live on the internet". I have a life sweetheart and a very good one at that.

Now before calling me names when you know nothing about me other than I am obviously a Republican, get your facts straight.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#94061 Apr 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot!!
Plus GE had 108 BILLION it kept overseas as to not pay taxes.
So yes, you are dumb, uneducated, and you drink the 'we are over taxed' koolaid by the GALLON!!
Educate yourself!!!!!!! And quit making a complete fool of yourself by being so ignorant of the truth.
Overtaxed, always raising taxes... Blah blah blah
Just stupid republicans!!
You are in favor of GE's little tax tricks, aren't you? You, Obummer and the dems? GE has not paid any corporate taxes in 3 or 4 years now and HOW MUCH in tax payer dollars has GE received from Obama in those 3 or 4 years? Who has been the most constant figure visiting Obama at the White House, even more visits than the vp, Crazy Joe? You got it...Immelt. Who invited Immelt to sit in the box with her when Obama was making a National speech about jobs being priority one? You got it...Moo'chelle. Did you know that GE has cut their American workforce in recent years even after making record profits and not paying corporate taxes and receiving money from Obama? Did you know that they have not cut their overseas workforce in years? Did you know that GE will be the SOLE distributor of the engine for the Railway brain fart Obama is planning? Are you aware that Nancy Pelosi makes a million dollars plus a year overseas and keeps that money overseas? Are you aware that Pelosi accused Romney of stealing Americans money by keeping offshore bank accounts all the while it is her offshore bank accounts that have been piling up millions of dollars for years?

Educate yourself uncle flab. Obama and Immelt (GE) are thick as thieves and have been for years. Pelosi is a thief and a liar and has been for years. You support those crooks and then your uneducated ass speaks bad about GE because you weren't told by Rachael Madcow what to repeat about the subject.

Put the crack rock down flabby and crack open a book every now and then.
Robert

Ashland, KY

#94062 Apr 13, 2013
Syl wrote:
Taking our guns won't stop the madness. The government can't stop it, because they can't take the criminal's guns. We have to be in charge of our own security.
911 and a burglar alarm is not going to save you. Praying you will get passed over is not an option.
Nobody can stop people like this 17 year old"animal" named De'Marquis Elkins, who shot and killed am innocent 13 month old baby in a stroller and injured the mother. During a robbery he shot the baby in the face making good on his threat.
He was a member of the NRA. He did not use an assault rifle.
He did not get his pistol at a gun show, His favorite music is rap.
He did not attend Christian school, nor was he home schooled.
He did attend multicultural public education, and was not instructed in the Ten Commandments.
His mother was on welfare, got food stamps, and lived in public housing.
His daddy was not around, and his two brothers have a diff daddy.
He already has a record for violent crimes.He is a gang member.
His mother voted for Obama.
He never earned his hunter safety card, nor did he shoot CMP, JUNIOR NPA or 4 H AIR Rifle competitions.
He was never instructed in gun safety from his father or grandfather.
His public education and family taught him that the white man owes him something. He went to collect it.
He has no plans on getting married, but does have a "baby mamma" and no, he is not supporting her baby.
He smokes weed.
he does respect Kayne West.
While he has no job nor was he looking for one, he is well fed, and does not need a job. He has no skills outside of crime.
He speaks Ebonics, and is not capable of doing a professorial interviews, even though he spent 11 years in public education.
He is one of millions. When Obama breaks the economy, they are coming for you.
People you better stay armed, Well Armed!
Is exactly how this country is being flushed down the toilet bowl. Obama has everybody he can forced on food stamps,
while eliminating jobs. Going out of his way to make sure children are uneducated as possible and inciting violence and anger toward white people. Obama wants race wars to happen.
SpeakUp

Glasgow, KY

#94063 Apr 13, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen Colbert is a D-list Hollywood mockery himself. A cable tv has-been. Why are you still obsessing about him? Do you normally go to a wannabe comedian for your political facts? Where do the democrats find you morons? Do they grow you in a dish in a lab somewhere or do they have a bumper crop of you idiots growing out West somewhere and the illegals pick you when you are ripe? Dear Lord...educate yourself, PLEASE!

Location hidden

#94065 Apr 13, 2013
Jodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican Honey is really getting to you and uncle isn't she? Or are you one and same comic. I know it's driving you crazy as a bat, and I bet you'r pulling your wig off and throwing it against computer aren't you? lollollololo! Still feeling superior much?
Thank you Jodi! I'm not much on name calling. I also have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. We all have our opinions. They can't enjoy discussing issues. They must bully, belittle, and degrade in order to communicate. So sad!
hello

United States

#94066 Apr 13, 2013
Quit trying to put your dirt on somebody else.

Location hidden

#94067 Apr 13, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in favor of GE's little tax tricks, aren't you? You, Obummer and the dems? GE has not paid any corporate taxes in 3 or 4 years now and HOW MUCH in tax payer dollars has GE received from Obama in those 3 or 4 years? Who has been the most constant figure visiting Obama at the White House, even more visits than the vp, Crazy Joe? You got it...Immelt. Who invited Immelt to sit in the box with her when Obama was making a National speech about jobs being priority one? You got it...Moo'chelle. Did you know that GE has cut their American workforce in recent years even after making record profits and not paying corporate taxes and receiving money from Obama? Did you know that they have not cut their overseas workforce in years? Did you know that GE will be the SOLE distributor of the engine for the Railway brain fart Obama is planning? Are you aware that Nancy Pelosi makes a million dollars plus a year overseas and keeps that money overseas? Are you aware that Pelosi accused Romney of stealing Americans money by keeping offshore bank accounts all the while it is her offshore bank accounts that have been piling up millions of dollars for years?
Educate yourself uncle flab. Obama and Immelt (GE) are thick as thieves and have been for years. Pelosi is a thief and a liar and has been for years. You support those crooks and then your uneducated ass speaks bad about GE because you weren't told by Rachael Madcow what to repeat about the subject.
Put the crack rock down flabby and crack open a book every now and then.
It's a new day at Appliance Park. GE began rolling out its new line Friday. The GEOSpring Hybrid Water Heater is the product of hundreds of new jobs the company hired as it continues its promise to invest $800-million into our community.
http://www.wave3.com/story/16908897/ge-opens-...
Mar 20, 2012, 10:25am EDT UPDATED: Apr 2, 2012, 3:26pm EDT
GE opens new refrigerator facility at Appliance Park. The company has invested $1 billion to create more than 1,300 new jobs in the United States by 2014.
http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/20...
Educate yourself.

Location hidden

#94068 Apr 13, 2013
More education for you, Had Obama NOT been in talks with Immelt NONE of these new American jobs would have ever happened you ignorant POS. Billions spent on NEW American factories is why GE paid no taxes. Educate yourself.
With about a month to go before the scheduled opening of the locomotive factory, GE Transportation, a division of General Electric, is still trying to fill its first 300 jobs.

The locomotive factory is under construction just west of Texas Motor Speedway. When complete, it will churn out GE's Evolution diesel-electric locomotives that a company official described as "the most fuel efficient and environmentally friendly heavy haul locomotive in the world."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/26/45090...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Bluestater 1,174,707
Ala judges weighing whether to perform same-sex... 15 min Whos Your Daddy Now 13
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Brian_G 50,501
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 59 min paul porter 143,184
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr thetruth 2,857
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr woodtick57 57,258
Crossing the border to attend US schools 1 hr Educate the masses 9
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 hr Sir Righteousness 11,402
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 3 hr woodtick57 213
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr woodtick57 305,865
More from around the web