Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

There are 2714 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 19, 2013, titled Fact check: Whoppers of 2013. In it, USA Today reports that:

It's that time of year again when FactCheck looks back - perhaps not so fondly - on the most noteworthy nonsense from the past 12 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2607 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Making them walk sounds better. My husband isn't the only one who would love to do this, several other pilots have said that they would be willing to volunteer even if they have to pay out of their own pockets to rent aircraft from our fleet. Not going to happen, but it's a nice idea anyway.
if we just got our fellow US "citizens" to stop hiring them we wouldn't have this problem.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#2608 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that would be lawn care.
sad that you cannot even make a post on landscaping without making an as of yourself...
not sure if one can get any more stupid without needing help to breathe for yourself...
but then you have shown how you can't match me so many times before...so many times...
YAWN! You obviously like to read your inane thoughts. Sadly your credibility and claims of intellectual prowess went out the window when we realized that you ride a mower for a living. Oh ... wait... that's right ... you plant trees and flowers for a living. Yeah ... I can see where you would believe that this is a differentiating factor. LOL
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#2609 Jan 13, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many illegals he has on his crew with fake green cards and stolen SSN's???
That's assuming that he is not one of them.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#2610 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember Operation Cleanup America will commence after the midterms, and the leeching criminals gravy train will come to a screeching halt. Ha Ha Ha!!
oh lord, I cant wait.they do not see it.but we do.they think they are staying.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#2611 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that would be lawn care.
sad that you cannot even make a post on landscaping without making an as of yourself...
not sure if one can get any more stupid without needing help to breathe for yourself...
but then you have shown how you can't match me so many times before...so many times...
Oh and BTW ... I would rather be an "as" ... than an "ass" like yourself. And you call others stupid. Kettle meet pot. LOL

St. Croix valley

#2612 Jan 13, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many illegals he has on his crew with fake green cards and stolen SSN's???
in fact, i left a very, very lucrative career in that industry over just that issue... our industry was being overrun by illegal workers, the quality of the work was going down on the intstallation crews as were the wages so i couldn't get quality people as even foreman anymore. i brought the issue up many times in our trade industry association, i quickly became persona non grata in such discussions...

i have values and principles i stand by , so i changed careers.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2613 Jan 13, 2014
wild child wrote:
<quoted text>oh lord, I cant wait.they do not see it.but we do.they think they are staying.
True. But the element of surprise makes this more amusing for us. Lol!

St. Croix valley

#2614 Jan 13, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN! You obviously like to read your inane thoughts. Sadly your credibility and claims of intellectual prowess went out the window when we realized that you ride a mower for a living. Oh ... wait... that's right ... you plant trees and flowers for a living. Yeah ... I can see where you would believe that this is a differentiating factor. LOL
no your credibility went out he window when you showed you have no idea what a landscape designer does...

but then you never had any credibility...did you?

St. Croix valley

#2615 Jan 13, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and BTW ... I would rather be an "as" ... than an "ass" like yourself. And you call others stupid. Kettle meet pot. LOL
yes, the odd typo throws you off...what a big brain you must have...

still not clear on what a professional degree is? perhaps you can get the coke can opening girl to explain it to you ...at least she has a job...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#2616 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still running from your own words?
No, more like you're running from your own mind. That is assuming of course that you ever had one to begin with. Have you always been this pathetic?
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#2617 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, the odd typo throws you off...what a big brain you must have...
still not clear on what a professional degree is? perhaps you can get the coke can opening girl to explain it to you ...at least she has a job...
Incredibly pathetic when the only way you can get validation in your life is to come on a public forum like Topix and bash other posters in order to make yourself feel superior and important and to boost your fragile ego when, in point of fact, you're nothing but a very little, hot air filled, loudmouthed little blowhard whom no one respects or likes. Get a life, loser.

St. Croix valley

#2618 Jan 13, 2014
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredibly pathetic when the only way you can get validation in your life is to come on a public forum like Topix and bash other posters in order to make yourself feel superior and important and to boost your fragile ego when, in point of fact, you're nothing but a very little, hot air filled, loudmouthed little blowhard whom no one respects or likes. Get a life, loser.
oh you poor boy, i come on here to bash idiots like you that think they know somehting when in fact they are just loudmouthed idiots...

it is a public service i provide...
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#2619 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh you poor boy, i come on here to bash idiots like you that think they know somehting when in fact they are just loudmouthed idiots...
Thanks for proving my point to every one here. You're so full of hot air that you should hire yourself out to hot air balloon companies to fill up their balloons. You have the ego of a Titan and the balls of a flea or a gnat and the intelligence of a cabbage. Poor, poor, pitiful, pathetic you. I don't actually have to come on here and cut you down to size because you do such a good job of it all by yourself.

St. Croix valley

#2620 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
No, more like you're running from your own mind. That is assuming of course that you ever had one to begin with. Have you always been this pathetic?
you are running from my mind? yes, yes you are...

why is it yo cannot back up your own words? is there something wrong with them? were they pure and utter bullshit like i stated from the start/ is there any reason at all you can give me as to why you can't come up with one single fact to back them up? not even one? not even an excuse as to why? you know, flat tire, plague of locusts, the sun was in my eyes????nothing at all?
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#2621 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh you poor boy, i come on here to bash idiots like you that think they know somehting when in fact they are just loudmouthed idiots...
BTW was the emergency room doctor able to fully remove those splinters from your hands? Did Obama care pay for the operation?
fingiswold

Kathleen, GA

#2622 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw fingi, are you mad because I called you a communist pig, and said that you are too stupid to breathe the same air as me?
Duh...I know what you said. It was simply moronic, auf Deutsch or in English.

Now just FOAD, little troll.
fingiswold

Kathleen, GA

#2623 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Brenda. No we don't need or want leeching criminals. Remember my husband will be happy to fly them to Mexico One Way!! Lol!
Your hubby flies other "leeching criminals" to Mexico? Is he an illegal, too? Did you meet him when he was your pool boy? LOL

Since: Oct 08

Pine Lake, GA

#2626 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow, you should know more about your own planet...
if you weren't so busy being a racist bigot, perhaps you could educate yourself...
you know how it goes.....so many inferior minorities, so little time......how do you plant stuff in frozen ground?
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2627 Jan 13, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hubby flies other "leeching criminals" to Mexico? Is he an illegal, too? Did you meet him when he was your pool boy? LOL
No stupid! Unlike you, my husband is a real American.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2628 Jan 13, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh...I know what you said. It was simply moronic, auf Deutsch or in English.
Now just FOAD, little troll.
Get lost, fingi! I am dumping you, now go stalk somebody else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 dead, 17 wounded in shooting at Kentucky high... 3 min southern at heart 685
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,704,301
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Robert F 330,079
News The Latest: Jimmy Kimmel squarely blames Trump,... 12 min Ivan IRA 8
News Cities and states take the lead on banning bump... 13 min Say What 316
News Trump to unveil $1.5 trillion infrastructure plan 16 min Politico Incorrecto 35
News Lots of talk, little action in Congress after s... 19 min CodeTalker 94
News News Trump continues to paint immigrants as cri... 24 min Politico Incorrecto 736
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 40 min spud 1,390
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 42 min Injudgement 59,263
More from around the web