Feinstein, McCarthy Unveil Strengthened Assault Weapons Ban

Jan 24, 2013 Read more: Roll Call 529

Democrats in both chambers unveiled legislation they are introducing Thursday that would reinstate and considerably strengthen the expired federal ban on assault weapons and large ammunition magazines.

Read more
ObamaLove

Oley, PA

#359 Jan 29, 2013
National Guard members required to give seperate oath of fealty to Obama

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#360 Jan 29, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes you an ENEMY of the Constitution. Treason!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No where in the 2nd amendment does it say you have a right to own an assault rifle.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#361 Jan 29, 2013
Canon wrote:
It they want to keep monkeying around with the right to bear arms....they are likely going to encourage/encounter unintended consequences.
Ooooh, will you secede?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#362 Jan 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Bans in 7 states say you DON'T have that right.
The supreme courts says we do. The constitution says we do. Only liberals and other Nazi's say we don't.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#363 Jan 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
No where in the 2nd amendment does it say you have a right to own an assault rifle.
THE CLAUSE: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#364 Jan 29, 2013
Sheriff asks people to arm themselves and get ”in the game”

By Rick Couri

David Clarke is the Sheriff of Milwaukee Wisconsin and he’s tired of the bad guys having the edge. Clarke recorded a Public Service Announcement that ran in his city urging citizens to take a firearms class and protect themselves before they call 911.
Clarke’s message begins by telling people that “calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.”

Clarke went on “you can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back but are you prepared?”
Click here to listen to the Sheriff's message.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#365 Jan 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ where in the 2nd amendment does it say you have a right to own an assault rifle.
Where it says we can own a machine gun and a tank! LOLL
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#366 Jan 29, 2013
ObamaLove wrote:
Nobody has ever answered this for me - are you gun-huggers one of the same as the birthers?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#367 Jan 29, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Always reverting to the moronic. No one can own a nuke or a billion dollar tank, at least with a cannon on it.
Why not?

If you have a right to own an assault rifle, then I have just as much right to own a tactical nuke or an rgp or a machine gun.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#368 Jan 29, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The supreme courts says we do. The constitution says we do. Only liberals and other Nazi's say we don't.
Actually it doesn't, otherwise the 7 states which ban them wouldn't be able to ban them.

Where does it specifically say "assault rifle" in the constitution?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#369 Jan 29, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text> THE CLAUSE: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
So I can own a nuke?

Remember, "shall not be infringed".......
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#370 Jan 29, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever answered this for me - are you gun-huggers one of the same as the birthers?
Since both groups operate without any evidence or credibility, I think you can count on that.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#371 Jan 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it doesn't, otherwise the 7 states which ban them wouldn't be able to ban them.
Where does it specifically say "assault rifle" in the constitution?
Good luck with getting any reasonable answer from people who only know what some FOX "personality" tells them is in the Constitution.

People who don't read are pretty much hopeless cases.

The trouble ain't that people are ignorant: it's that they know so much that ain't so.
- Josh Billings

Few men think, yet all will have opinions.
— George Berkeley, Irish bishop and empirical philosopher (1685-1753)

Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand.
- Cardinal de Retz

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.
- Amos Bronson Alcott

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe

Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge.
- Alfred North Whitehead
realist

Reidsville, NC

#372 Jan 29, 2013
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with getting any reasonable answer from people who only know what some FOX "personality" tells them is in the Constitution.
People who don't read are pretty much hopeless cases.
The trouble ain't that people are ignorant: it's that they know so much that ain't so.
- Josh Billings
Few men think, yet all will have opinions.
— George Berkeley, Irish bishop and empirical philosopher (1685-1753)
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand.
- Cardinal de Retz
To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.
- Amos Bronson Alcott
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge.
- Alfred North Whitehead
You are funny, downright hilarious ! Fox News is your boggie man. Every where a loon shows up, the first thing out of their small minds when faced when anything that goes against their loony tune progressive silly thinking, it is because of Fox News.

Sorry dude, but most educated people which does not include the brain dead loons in the progressive illiterate entitled party do not need anyone to tell them how to solve simple equations.
realist

Reidsville, NC

#373 Jan 29, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever answered this for me - are you gun-huggers one of the same as the birthers?
Oh, you must be refering to Feinstein. She definitely loved her gun. Dollar to a dime she went to bed with hers. I remember her emotions in San Francisco when she worshipped her handguns.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#374 Jan 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a law which would have prevented his mother from buying her assault weapons so he didn't have easy access to them.
How about you wrap yourself in bubble wrap and hide in a nest of bungee cords so you don't get a booboo.... Deranged people that are a danger should be controlled. I am sure until Lanza shot his mother that her guns were not a threat. The politicians are pising all over themselves trying to ban certain firearms and magazines because they are afraid of the citizens more than the possible actions caused by such firearms........

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#375 Jan 29, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>How about you wrap yourself in bubble wrap and hide in a nest of bungee cords so you don't get a booboo.... Deranged people that are a danger should be controlled. I am sure until Lanza shot his mother that her guns were not a threat. The politicians are pising all over themselves trying to ban certain firearms and magazines because they are afraid of the citizens more than the possible actions caused by such firearms........
Because you can ban people.

If everyone has a right to own whatever gun they want, then you can't prevent crazy people from having a gun. He has the same rights as you or I.

So the only option is to remove the ability to own particular guns from ALL citizens, that way everyone is treated equally.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#376 Jan 29, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Where it says we can own a machine gun and a tank! LOLL
Where does it say we can't. It does say shall not be infringed. Where is your excape clause?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#377 Jan 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

You have no more right to own an AR15 than you do a tacitcal nuke.
Actually, I have a right to own AR15's or wouldn't have three of them in my gun vault, ya liar. We also have a right to possess machine guns, silencers, grenade launchers and sawed of shotguns, the right might be taxed through an ATF application process, but it is a right none the less. Fortunately, the 200.00 tax and paperwork keeps the urban hoodlums and hinky people like yourself.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#378 Jan 29, 2013
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with getting any reasonable answer from people who only know what some FOX "personality" tells them is in the Constitution.
People who don't read are pretty much hopeless cases.
The trouble ain't that people are ignorant: it's that they know so much that ain't so.
- Josh Billings
Few men think, yet all will have opinions.
— George Berkeley, Irish bishop and empirical philosopher (1685-1753)
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand.
- Cardinal de Retz
To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.
- Amos Bronson Alcott
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge.
- Alfred North Whitehead
• Marsha Blackburn Challenges Obama To Skeet-Shooting Contest (VIDEO)
The Huffington Post•3 hours ago
WASHINGTON -- Skeptical that President Barack Obama knows how to wield a gun, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) challenged him ... school climate into action. Through executive action, the administration proposes a new…

• Blackburn challenges Obama to skeet shooting:‘I’ll take my ...

Raw Story3 hours ago
Blackburn challenges Obama to skeet shooting:... But on Monday, Blackburn suggested to CNN’s Erin Burnett that the president might not be …
• Skeptical congresswoman challenges Obama to skeet shooting …
www.dailymotion.com/video/xx47sb_skeptical...... hours ago
o Added Jan 29, 2013

Skeptical congresswoman challenges Obama to skeet shooting match – CNN By ... Skeptical congresswoman challenges Obama to skeet shooting match – CNN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Brian_G 323,264
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 min Belle Sexton 59,238
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 5 min The Rogue 245
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Brian_G 309,601
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Brian_G 52,703
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Bluestater 1,216,685
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 14 min Bushido Brown 983
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min Chimney1 159,631
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 197
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 69
More from around the web