BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 8,183)

Showing posts 163,641 - 163,660 of173,573
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Re:“your position is, shall we say, tenuous, farcical and buffoon-like, even?”
It’s considerably worse than that. It’s immoral. Dale is trying to make people believe that MILLIONS of Americans who have been good citizens and fought loyally in two world wars are not as good as other Americans based simply on the fact that they were dual citizens at birth.
Many of our parents and grandparents were born in the USA of people who were not naturalized yet. Many were dual citizens at birth. And they all were fine citizens. Yet Dale thinks that they are not as good (and therefore that the writers of the US Constitution also thought that they were not as good) as the US-born children of US citizens. And this in a country that is dedicated to the proposition:“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal….”
Impressive.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Naw, does Dems ain't worried ...... much!!! Just keep your rose colored glasses on and you will never see what is about to happen!
Obama, Dems meet as struggle for Senate builds
Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN 9 hours ago
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-dems-meet-struggl...
So you think the senate may go Repub? Will this prediction come true like all your others? Want me to enumerate them again? Ok, sigh, here goes:
1. Jacksonville mayoralty race : WRONG. Whose fault? The damn press
2. Obamacare Supreme Court decision : WRONG. Whose fault ? Obama bought off Roberts
3. November 6 presidential election WRONG. Whose fault? The polls, they misled you.Again
4. The trucker's "march" on Washington. WRONG. Whose fault? Not yet established but not yours
5. That court(s) would find Obama's birth cert is forged and that he was born in Kenya: WRONG 218 time. Whose fault? Democrat-apptd communist cowardly judges, ALL 218 of them
And so many more "left field" predictions. 4000 characters not sufficient.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

P.S.

Oh, forgot 6 and 7 :

6. Stock market crash Sept 2013 : WRONG. Whose fault? Your broker

7. Stock market crash Nov 2013 WRONG. Whose fault? Your broker
Etc etc

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

P.P.S. : on items 6 and 7, forgot to mention Bernanke, not just your broker, is also responsible for misleading you.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasy only works in fantasy land!
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/22...
This is a decision made in the real world!
Words have meaning! The court knew what every word they used meant!
Dear Tacky,

I'm sorry, but you need to state your point, if you know what a point is.

wojar
wojar wrote:
Ҥ 84. Jurisdiction.
The sovereignty united to the domain establishes the jurisdiction of the nation in her territories, or the country that belongs to her. It is her province, or that of her sovereign, to exercise justice in all the places under her jurisdiction, to take cognisance of the crimes committed, and the differences that arise in the country.”
E. de Vattel
His definition of jurisdiction is essentially identical to Black's Law and the definition that has been operational for over 200 years.
Play Law works only in the Play World.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Any adult that finds themselves working a minimum wage job into their thirties or later simply failed to prepare themselves with the necessary skills or education to do better for themselves. Why is that my fault or anyone else? Most minimum wage earners receive an increase above the minimum within the first year of being a responsible employee. They should call the act to raise the minimum wage "The Black Teenage Unemployment Act", because they will most certainly suffer the greatest harm by raising it. This is just another effort by liberal democrats to establish a wedge issue that the low information voter will be motivated by to oppose voting republican. Just like the phony "war on women" or immigration reform.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/...
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
I know people who were managers and upper level management, who had years of experience and were let go because the company couldn't afford to pay them in the downturn. They were "overqualified" for the crap jobs left in the wake of the Dubya Depression. They failed to prepare themselves?

MORON.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is quite simple. The writers of the US Constitution disagreed with you. They thought that a US-born dual citizen IS better than a naturalized citizen. And they thought that a naturalized citizen had questionable allegiance but that a US-born dual citizen has allegiance ONLY to the place of her or his birth.
That is what Blackstone wrote:
“….that every man owes natural allegiance where he is born, and cannot owe two such allegiances, or serve two masters, at once.”
And there is a quotation from James Madison indicating that he thought exactly the same way, that allegiance goes with the PLACE of birth---not the parents.
Your nutty idea is simply yours---not that of the writers of the US Constitution. And, using your nutty idea you are then READING into the Constitution and assuming that the writers of the US Constitution thought the way that you did, so that you can insert into the Constitution something that it does not say. Well, doing that to the Constitution is not merely wrong---it is immoral.
You cannot read into the US Constitution something that it does not say. And it does not say that two US citizen parents are required to be president. In fact, there is not a word in the US Constitution that says either that the US-born children of foreigners or that US-born dual citizens are not eligible to become president. Not a word.
Under strict construction (remember that?) you cannot interpret the Constitution as saying something unless it actually does says it-----and it does NOT say that two citizen parents are required or that a dual citizen is barred from becoming president. It does not say either of those things.
Under libertarian principles neither a law nor the Constitution can take away a right or a privilege unless the Constitution specifically allows that thing to be taken away. And, the Constitution does not specifically take away the right or privilege of the US-born children of foreigners to become president, and it does not take away the right or privilege of the US-born dual citizens either. It does not take away either of those things. It does not SAY any such thing.
And yet slimy Dale wants gullible people to ignore good conservative legal principles such as strict construction and good conservative moral principles such as libertarianism. Why? Why SLIMY Dale? Why?
Dale needs to sober up and reverse decades of brain damage (or perhaps it is congenital feeble-mindedness).
Obskeptic

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Absolutely not. You reckon that everyone, every citizen, is capable of starting at the bottom and moving upwards, non-stop and throughout his/her life. False. I.Q.s, common sense, initiative, some have less , some have more , it's a balancing act, and a great evener. Indeed, if everyone had a high I.Q., with great initiative and skills, then we'd all be high-fallutin" doctors, engineers, architects, doctors, professors, liberal arts geniuses and so forth. Hey, can you imagine the frustration as SOME one would have to do more menial jobs. Otherwise, all chiefs, no Indians. As it is, we all have our niche and I think that any worker holding an honest and necessary job should earn a living wage. Not talking CEO or doctor's wage here, or even office manager wage, but a decent wage that allows him/her to dispense with food stamps and assisted housing. In the long run, that would save the gov't a lot of money and create responsible citizens.
Yes, there has to be a legally-established minimum wage. Companies will not do it. If it were left up to them, minimum wage would be below $3. an hour. We need street cleaners, garbage persons, landscapers, labourers and Fast Food and store and supermarket employees. Let's let them earn a living wage, forever banish food stamps and assisted housing. Cheaper for everyone including employers in the long run.
Of course I disagree with you on this one Jaques. For starters, why is what you think any more important or relevant then what I think? Why should your thinking prevail? In the skilled trades, which includes landscapers, there is not a company around the Detroit area that pays minimum wage. Starting wage is $3.00 to $4.00 more then that. My cheapest guy makes $15 per hour. The overwhelming majority of minimum wage earners is teenagers just starting out in the job market and they are mostly retail and food service jobs. If you don't want to be poor in America then finish high school, get married to a good and responsible partner, and stay away from addiction. Do those three simple things and the likelihood of being "poor" is very slim. For some reason liberals have serious contempt for hard work unless its work dedicated to siphoning wealth from others that work, like politics.
Learn to Read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>Fantasy only works in fantasy land!
http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/22...
This is a decision made in the real world!
Words have meaning! The court knew what every word they used meant!
Oh look

Tacky posted a link! To something that looks kind of legalish! Well I guess that certainly proves ....

Well it proves that Tacky knows how I paste a link! Congrats Tack

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

This is another case of Libtardian logic that punishes businesses. How is a manufacturer going to stop people doing idiotic things? Put a sign on the outside telling people NOT to tip the toilet when people are inside.
I feel sorry for the man but it was his relative that injured him, not the maker of the port-a-potty!!! But he relatives don't have big money so he sues the people who made it?!? And this is why we need tort reform!!!

Pa. man paralyzed by tipped toilet prank gets $5M
Associated Press 15 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP)— A man left paralyzed from the shoulders down when his relatives tipped over a portable toilet while he was inside has settled a Pennsylvania lawsuit against the toilet manufacturer, the relatives and others for $5 million.

Donald Adams III was on a camping and fishing trip with two cousins-in-law at the time, The Legal Intelligencer reported Wednesday.

The newspaper, quoting filings from Sullivan County in northeastern Pennsylvania, said the relatives backed their truck up to the toilet to lock Adams inside as a prank. However, they inadvertently knocked the toilet over when they banged on it and shook it, the lawsuit said.

Adams landed on his neck, causing several cervical fractures that left him a quadriplegic.
http://news.yahoo.com/pa-man-paralyzed-tipped...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Several points here. First of all ALL military are "enlistees" because there is no DRAFT. This was written by someone who has little knowledge of the military.
Soldiers who live in the barracks do not get 'separate rations allowance' because they eat in the mess/dining hall. When you are on a ship, everyone eats in the mess hall to include the captain.
But that does not mean their 'dependents' eat there and if you live on base, and there was no commissary, you would have to drive OFF post to by your food.
Now, if they do away with commissaries in CONUS, they should contract out to a civilian grocery chain, however, there should be NO state or local taxes as it would be on federal property.

Survey: Most Enlistees Don't Value Commissaries

Airmen at the commissary
Military.com Feb 06, 2014 | by Bryant Jordan

Most active duty troops, especially enlistees, don't value the commissaries nearly as much as the government pays to operate them, according to a survey by the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments.

The Washington D.C. think tank published a report in 2012 based on a survey that asked troops and retirees what benefits they valued the most. The report then compared how much troops value these benefits to the price the government pays to provide them.

Commissaries, long one of the non-compensation benefits of military service, didn't fare well with enlistees, the military's largest population.

Pentagon leaders are considering cuts of up to $1 billion from the $1.4 billion commissary subsidy over the next three years, sources told Military.com last month.

It costs the U.S. military about $600 per servicemember to pay for the commissaries on base. By comparison, it costs the services $110 per servicemember to provide the base and post exchanges.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/02/06...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

<quoted text>
So you think the senate may go Repub? Will this prediction come true like all your others? Want me to enumerate them again? Ok, sigh, here goes:
1. Jacksonville mayoralty race : WRONG. Whose fault? The damn press
2. Obamacare Supreme Court decision : WRONG. Whose fault ? Obama bought off Roberts
3. November 6 presidential election WRONG. Whose fault? The polls, they misled you.Again
4. The trucker's "march" on Washington. WRONG. Whose fault? Not yet established but not yours
5. That court(s) would find Obama's birth cert is forged and that he was born in Kenya: WRONG 218 time. Whose fault? Democrat-apptd communist cowardly judges, ALL 218 of them
And so many more "left field" predictions. 4000 characters not sufficient.
There you go again, quoting my NON-quotes.
1. I never said who would win the mayoral race here in Jacksonville. I quoted a local paper which had the Republican candidate up by ten points TWO weeks before the election. A few DAYS before the election all they said was the election was to close to call. Remember, I do not do surveys.
2. Yes, ObabaCare was most held Constitutional with the except of the STATE mandates. There is something very fish why Roberts switched his vote and we may never know why.
3. Again, for the month before the election most polls had Romney leading but they closed the last few days before the election. Again, I was quoting polls and where not MY prediction.
4. In truckers protest I was 100% correct. It did not materialize they way it was hyped and I SAID THAT IT WOULD NOT BE SIGNIFICANT!!! And you can not show me where I said other wise either.
5. And no court has been allowed to rule on whether of not the BCs are real or forged.
And in my latest "prediction", all I did was show a left-of-center article about the problems and that it is a FACT that a much higher rate of Democrats are not running for reelection!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Hey La Jacqueau, this is from the left-of-center Washington Post. What are THEY predicting?!? This is THEIR opinion, not mine!!!

What Henry Waxman’s retirement tells us about the 2014 election
By Aaron Blake January 30 at 11:15 am

Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) announced Thursday that he won't seek reelection to Congress this November.

The lesson? Democrats aren't really counting on re-taking the House in 2014.

Waxman is the fourth top Democrat on a House committee who has either called it quits or opted to run for another office, and a fifth -- House Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Collin Peterson (D-Minn.)-- said this week that he's still weighing his options.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Libtardian Logic, I post an article so the Libtards think it is MY prediction!!!

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Libtardian Logic, I post an article so the Libtards think it is MY prediction!!!
You triumphantly post it, you own it. Rogue. This is why all your rebuttals are nul and void. Should I approvingly post Das Kapital excerpts, I'd rightly be labelled a communist, like American lady with her Pravda or (gotta balance this else...) approvingly post excerpts from Mein Kampf, I'd rightly be labelled a Nazi.

Let's say I predict Dems will rule the House in November 2014, based on media reports. Dems lose. Who do I blame, the media? How do you think pundits make predictions? And when they are wrong, they blame either themselves or factors that changed the outcome.Not the press. You've made many many bad/wrong predictions and accusation to cover your totally-biased views, like sore-losing - who'll forget Obama buying off John Roberts, the electorate, etc.? Who'll forget those bought-off 218 judges? And on it goes. You predict and judge based on you hate factor. Not very scientific.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hey La Jacqueau, this is from the left-of-center Washington Post. What are THEY predicting?!? This is THEIR opinion, not mine!!!
What Henry Waxman’s retirement tells us about the 2014 election
By Aaron Blake January 30 at 11:15 am
Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) announced Thursday that he won't seek reelection to Congress this November.
The lesson? Democrats aren't really counting on re-taking the House in 2014.
Waxman is the fourth top Democrat on a House committee who has either called it quits or opted to run for another office, and a fifth -- House Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Collin Peterson (D-Minn.)-- said this week that he's still weighing his options.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
This strangely resembles the pro-Romney editorials in the majority of newspapers in the U.S. Not being able to come to your own conclusions, you blamed the press for prematurely celebrating Romney's victory by buying dancing shoes. This time, should the Dems retake the House, and keep the Senate, will you blame Collin Petersen and others who resigned their seats? Most likely you will.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I disagree with you on this one Jaques. For starters, why is what you think any more important or relevant then what I think? Why should your thinking prevail? In the skilled trades, which includes landscapers, there is not a company around the Detroit area that pays minimum wage. Starting wage is $3.00 to $4.00 more then that. My cheapest guy makes $15 per hour. The overwhelming majority of minimum wage earners is teenagers just starting out in the job market and they are mostly retail and food service jobs. If you don't want to be poor in America then finish high school, get married to a good and responsible partner, and stay away from addiction. Do those three simple things and the likelihood of being "poor" is very slim. For some reason liberals have serious contempt for hard work unless its work dedicated to siphoning wealth from others that work, like politics.
Sorry to disappoint, Obskeptic, but unlike you, I don't preach ex-cathedra, I just give my opinion and, again, unlike you, I don't expect anyone to agree with me, for I am not the repository of what is wise. I do cherish freedom of speech as much as I respect others' well-presented non-ad hominem opinions.

Now, the latest numbers tell us there are close to 50 million Americans on food stamps. Can they all be jobless citizens? Were that the case, unemployment would be in the 30% range No, Obskeptic, many of those 50 million are employed workers who just don't make enough to make ends meet. There are lazy shiftless people among us, yes, but not every person that's out of work or holding a low-paying job is unambitious , lazy or shiftless. To so generalize millions is not unlike Rogue who enjoys branding as "libatards" (read dem or progressive) anyone who does something stupid like tipping that toilet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people who were managers and upper level management, who had years of experience and were let go because the company couldn't afford to pay them in the downturn. They were "overqualified" for the crap jobs left in the wake of the Dubya Depression. They failed to prepare themselves?
MORON.
What "Dubya" DEPRESSION? The Housing Mortgage Bubble that bust was caused by Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and the stock Market Bubble was an aftermath of the busting of the Housing Mortgage Bubble.
If this is not true, show us the cause and efefct relationship between what G.W. did od failed to do to cause these things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

<quoted text>
This strangely resembles the pro-Romney editorials in the majority of newspapers in the U.S. Not being able to come to your own conclusions, you blamed the press for prematurely celebrating Romney's victory by buying dancing shoes. This time, should the Dems retake the House, and keep the Senate, will you blame Collin Petersen and others who resigned their seats? Most likely you will.
No, I will give credit to ObamaCare. It is highly unlikely for the Dems to reclaim the House and it will be more likely that they will also lose the majority in the Senate. 2014 will be a bad year for the Socialists!
You can also expect a few Progressive be replaced by Blue Dog moderates. Bye bye, RIP Waxman

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Henry Waxman to retire at end of congressional session
By Karen Tumulty, Published: January 30

.......and that it is not a reflection of the Democrats’ dim prospects for winning back the House and restoring him to a committee chairmanship.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/henry-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,641 - 163,660 of173,573
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••