BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#155005 May 8, 2013
This report is over four years old and the Libtards still think we are in Global Warming!!!

Greenland's Ice Armageddon Comes To An End
Submitted by Doug L. Hoffman on Sat, 01/24/2009 -
anthropogenic Climate Change glacial Glacier Global Warming Greenland ice sheet IPCC UN

One of the catastrophic results of global warming always cited by climate change alarmists is the melting of the ice sheets covering Greenland. Some even speculated that global warming had pushed Greenland past a “tipping point” into a scary new regime of wildly heightened ice loss and rapidly rising in sea levels. Now, from the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union, comes word that Greenland's Ice Armageddon has been called off.

In the late 1990s, streams of ice flowing into the sea from the great Greenland ice sheet had begun speeding up. As the glacial ice faces receded global warming proponents pointed to the shrinking ice cap as proof that catastrophe lay just around the corner. But then came reports of a broad slowdown from a survey of glacier conditions across southeastern Greenland. Researchers reported in 2007 that two of the area's major outlet glaciers—Helheim and Kangerdlugssuaq—had slowed significantly by the summer of 2006. Then at the 2009 AGU meeting, glaciologist Tavi Murray and ten of her colleagues from Swansea University in the United Kingdom reported the results from their 2007 and 2008 surveys.

Helheim Glacier's flow to the sea sped up in 2005, as evidenced by the 5-kilometer retreat of its leading edge, but by 2006 it had slowed back down. Credit: Ian Howat.
“It has come to an end,” Murray said during a session at the meeting. "There seems to have been a synchronous switch-off " of the speed-up, she said. Based on the shape and appearance of the 14 largest outlet glaciers in southeast Greenland, outlet glacier flows have returned to the levels of 2000 nearly everywhere.“There's a pattern of speeding up to maximum velocity and then slowing down since 2005," Murray reported.“It's amazing; they sped up and slowed down together. They're not in runaway acceleration.”
http://www.theresilientearth.com/...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#155006 May 8, 2013
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The church didn't rule it dogma of a geocentric system. The Church merely forbade Galileo from promulgating his discovery, because their infallible pronouncement could not be made at the time. They needed to wait for further evidence, and then a few hundred years later they could decide. That's how infallibility apparently works. Except of course, if they make a mistake, and then they have to stick with their original infallible conclusion, Facts be damned.
Well, "dogma" is my interpretation and here is why. The Bible, mainly the Old Testament, Book of Joshua, describes how he got Yahweh to stop the sun in its tracks from revolving around the earth. Well, the Bible, or in this case the Old Testament, is canonized, it's the word of God, so this error cannot be attributed to whoever wrote it as God guided the writer's hand. Therefore, it HAD to be believed and this is where Galileo ran into trouble. His principle inveighed against the holy canonized scriptures. This is why I said dogma, just another word for "you believe this BS or else..." And, the 1st Vatican council of 1870 which proclaimed the infallibility of the Pope made said infallibility retroactive. Infallibiliy had often been discussed and informally agreed to as far away as the Council of Nicea in the 4th century so that all pronouncements on faith became dogma, such as Joshua's halting of the sun and the ensuing unholy anathema.

All of the above is gleaned from memory, so please feel free to correct me, no problem.

Location hidden

#155007 May 8, 2013
And this report is almost eight years old. Libtards are like the three Monkey who See no Global Cool, Hear no Global Cooling, Speak no Global Cooling.
If they are willing to lie about Global Warming, what else are they willing to lie about?

4 November 2005
Researchers have utilised more than a decade's worth of data from radar altimeters on ESA's ERS satellites to produce the most detailed picture yet of thickness changes in the Greenland Ice Sheet.

A Norwegian-led team used the ERS data to measure elevation changes in the Greenland Ice Sheet from 1992 to 2003, finding recent growth in the interior sections estimated at around six centimetres per year during the study period. The research is due to be published by Science Magazine in November, having been published in the online Science Express on 20 October.
http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Observing_t...

Ottawa

#155008 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, some sixty years ago a flight of P-38s had to do an emergency landing on a glacier in Greenland only to be abandoned. They they were found buried under 135 feet of ice and it took years to recover one and rebuild it.
Ah 135 feet of ice in 50 years means a yard of new ice EACH year!!! That is 10-15 feet of snow each year to make that yard of ice!!!
In the Beginning...
On July 15, 1942, a flight of six P-38s and two B-17 bombers, with a total of 25 crew members on board, took off from Presque Isle Air Base in Maine headed for the U.K. What followed was a harrowing and life-threatening landing of the entire squadron on a remote ice cap in Greenland.(See photo of downed P-38 from the "Lost Squadron.") Miraculously, none of the crew was lost and they were all rescued and returned safely home after spending several days on the desolate ice.
Fifty years later a small group of aviation enthusiasts decided to locate that squadron, who had come to be known as "The Lost Squadron," and to recover one of the lost P-38s. It turned out to be no easy task, as the planes had been buried under 25 stories of ice and drifted over a mile from their original location.
The story of this mission and the recovery of the P-38 (which was christened "Glacier Girl") is a fascinating bit of history, and this section is dedicated to all the people involved in the discovery, recovery and restoration of P-38F-1, SN #41-7630.
Some of the details included here were drawn from David Hayes’ book,“The Lost Squadron,” and we appreciate his support in allowing us to reprint them here.
The very first shot on this tribute video is of Glacier Girl taking to the air for the first time after being buried in the ice for half a century. Awe inspiring!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Beautiful, awe-inspiring, but it has as much to do with climate change as Mother Teresa with Hitler.

Location hidden

#155009 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, there are a few looney-righties that think that this might happen. I think Pres. Obama would call out the National Guard and block Arlington if someone even tried.
Obama may not be very bright but he is not stupid enough to allow this!
Boston Bomber To Be Buried at Arlington National Cemetery - May 8, 2013 at 9:36 am
Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/05/boston -...
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid. God how your hate will make you believe anything. This woman wishes this, and that's it, the govt might bury him there? Do you like looking like a fool? When will you quote a decent website for once?
Ah, did you even read my comments? I do not agree with them whatsoever and I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell that he will be buried at Arlington!!!
You did note that I described them as "...there are a few looney-righties..."

Location hidden

#155010 May 8, 2013
April 5, 2013 by dax
Ice breakers navigating the Gulf of Bothnia have been astounded at the record spread of ice on the Baltic Sea, while scientists say they have never seen anything like it.

“Since record keeping began in the sixties, we’ve never encountered anything like this before,” ice breaker Ulf Gulldne told the local newspaper Örnsköldsviks Allehanda.

On March 29th, 176,000 square kilometers of the Baltic Sea was covered in ice, a record for the time of year. On a map, it means about half of the central and northern parts are frozen over. Far north, the ice is both thick and difficult to break through.

The date on which the ice reaches its maximum spread usually falls much earlier in the year. The previously latest date record was March 25th, 2008. That year, only 49,000 square kilometeres of the Baltic was covered in ice, which was the smallest maximum spread of ice in the previous 100 years.

“I’ve never seen this much ice this late in the season,” said Karl Herlin, captain of the icebreaker Atle, currently working off the coast of Luleå in northern Sweden.
http://newswave.eu/late-season-freeze-sets-ba...

Location hidden

#155011 May 8, 2013
Brutal Bering Sea ice blocking Arctic supply ships
CBC NewsEye on the Arctic - July 12, 2012

Brutal sea ice conditions that northwest Alaska battled all winter haven’t receded in parts of northern Canada. Two resupply ships are stuck waiting at the mouth of Frobisher Bay in Iqaluit because of tough ice conditions. Frobisher Bay is an inlet of the Labrador Sea.
In June, winds and currents pushed heavy ice in to the area, CBC News reported on Wednesday.

Now, two Canadian Coast Guard icebreakers are trying to punch a path through for the resupply vessels. However, the ice is so thick that it’s closing in around the icebreakers before the other ships can follow.

"Thirty miles of heavy ice to get to Pike Risser channel. And from Iqaluit you can see out your window … basically open water, but it's ice out of Pike Risser channel. Outside of that, that is where the heavy ice is," said Andy Maillet of the Coast Guard's Arctic Operations Centre.

Maillet doesn't expect the ice conditions to improve until mid-July. Rain and drizzle have made navigation even harder, cutting visibility.

One of the sealift ships that has stalled belongs to Nunavut Sea Link and Supply. Manasie Mark, who is with the company, said people have been calling to ask where their sealift is.

"I usually answer them by letting them know the ice conditions are bad at the moment and they are trying their best,” he said.
“I know they are going to (arrive eventually)."

One of the sealift boats has been diverted to Kimmirut, a Nunavut town of 400 on Hudson Strait, a instead of waiting for the ice to go away.

Ottawa

#155012 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Yep, there are a few looney-righties that think that this might happen. I think Pres. Obama would call out the National Guard and block Arlington if someone even tried.
Boston Bomber To Be Buried at Arlington National Cemetery - May 8, 2013 at 9:36 am
<quoted text>
Ah, did you even read my comments? I do not agree with them whatsoever and I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell that he will be buried at Arlington!!!
But why do you even report such insignificant tidbits? Do you search for them? You even invoke the president and the national guard blocking access to Arlington, good lord. Why? Is your imagination that fertile? Would you like to shoot the funeral party if they insisted on coming through regardless?

You don't have to agree with them, they are putting out this kind of sensationalist news to attract readers like you. Opinions don't matter here, as it will never happen. That kind of idea may have come from the right, who cares? Who cares whether you're right or left crazy? It's the same damn thing.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155013 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
OMG
I will give you a 2nd grade explanation. You wrote it correctly, in the proper plural. I inferred, which no one should do with you, that you ACCIDENTALLY wrote it correctly. You could've as well written "fishlip's" in the possessive form but you got lucky and chose the correct spelling.
The thing with you, slug,, well, it does not easily translate as it is a French colloquial expression but the expression fits you to a T : "Tu comprends vite mais il faut t'expliquer longtemps".
Okay, here goes " You understand quickly so long as we explain a long time".
Do the crawfish. That's it, you got it! Twirl and spin yo' pawdna LMAO!!! jackfish's theme song is "It's just a fantasy"! LMAO poor SAP
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155014 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
"Very, very sick individual right here!", you write.
Well, how do you define this?
<quoted text>
Disgusting, revolting. Does your family, if they haven't fled already, know you use that kind of filth in your speech? BTW, show me where I've ever used that kind of language. Absolutely unspeakable. And this is your reply to a very-well put post by LTR. I've seen more refined and distinguished swine.
I totally agree that LTR and Barfer are disgusting and revolting. Personally, I would add vile to that description! They're sloth-like. LMAO squidiot

Location hidden

#155015 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Beautiful, awe-inspiring, but it has as much to do with climate change as Mother Teresa with Hitler.
Then how to you explain 135 of ice in about 50 years?
Grand Birther

Cleveland, OH

#155016 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rogue Moron is the loony-righty who thinks the Gosnell case is under media blackout, so it wouldn't surprise anyone if he believed the nonsense about Arlington cemetery.

Location hidden

#155017 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
But why do you even report such insignificant tidbits? Do you search for them? You even invoke the president and the national guard blocking access to Arlington, good lord. Why? Is your imagination that fertile? Would you like to shoot the funeral party if they insisted on coming through regardless?
You don't have to agree with them, they are putting out this kind of sensationalist news to attract readers like you. Opinions don't matter here, as it will never happen. That kind of idea may have come from the right, who cares? Who cares whether you're right or left crazy? It's the same damn thing.
Why? You seem to think I am a looney-righty and I just gave you an example of a real looney-righty whom I do not agree with what so ever.

Location hidden

#155019 May 8, 2013
3 reasons Americans think the gun homicide rate is rising... when it isn't Two new studies show a sharp drop in gun crime. Why is that hard for most of us to believe? By Harold Maass |

A
s the nation remains locked in a bitter debate over reducing gun violence, two new studies released Tuesday found that shooting deaths and other gun crimes have already plunged since peaking in the 1990s. There were 18,253 gun-related killings in 1993, and 11,101 in 2011, the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics reported. With population growth, that meant that the rate of gun homicides dropped by nearly 50 percent — from seven per 100,000 people in 1993 to 3.6 per 100,000 in 2010, Pew Research Center reported. And non-fatal gun crimes dropped even more sharply, by 69 percent.
http://theweek.com/article/index/243852/3-rea...

Ottawa

#155020 May 8, 2013

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Disgusting, revolting. Does your family, if they haven't fled already, know you use that kind of filth in your speech? BTW, show me where I've ever used that kind of language. Absolutely unspeakable. And this is your reply to a very-well put post by LTR. I've seen more refined and distinguished swine.
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree that LTR and Barfer are disgusting and revolting. Personally, I would add vile to that description! They're sloth-like. LMAO squidiot
Have you bought that bell yet that you're supposed to carry like lepers did to warn people you're coming? This will go splendidly with your motto "Can you hear us coming?" LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). You're not very smart, and it still strikes me as strange and stupid that you would measure yourself against people like LRT, Truman, wojar, Poppo. This is as incongruous as Moe or Rogue debating the theory of relativity with Einstein. Do you remember this one?" You do not measure up". Fitted Rush to a "T", you are now his heir.

Gonna ignore you for the rest of the evening. No challenge. You bore me.

Ottawa

#155021 May 8, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how to you explain 135 of ice in about 50 years?
Local, Rogue, LOCAL. Greenland is BIG
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155022 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Have you bought that bell yet that you're supposed to carry like lepers did to warn people you're coming? This will go splendidly with your motto "Can you hear us coming?" LMAO (LRS tm reg'd). You're not very smart, and it still strikes me as strange and stupid that you would measure yourself against people like LRT, Truman, wojar, Poppo. This is as incongruous as Moe or Rogue debating the theory of relativity with Einstein. Do you remember this one?" You do not measure up". Fitted Rush to a "T", you are now his heir.
Gonna ignore you for the rest of the evening. No challenge. You bore me.
jackfish, in all seriousness, don't you get tired of posting the same thing over and over? fishlips LMAO!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155023 May 8, 2013
In other words, you're tired of getting clownstomped. Can't say as I blame you. You've all but turned into a greasy spot on the floor! Worry not, Barfer will be along shortly to clean it up. ticklips LMAO!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155024 May 8, 2013
What we shall do. Just as we always have!

LRS

Shreveport, LA

#155025 May 8, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min sonicfilter 1,144,526
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Agents of Corruption 128,000
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Calvin_Coolish 163,281
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 21 min Cat74 3,153
Executive orders a courageous way to protect pe... 23 min wild child 18
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... 23 min tha Professor 3
Search Underway for Autistic Arkansas Boy Who W... 24 min I Love ( . Y . )S 3
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 1 hr RustyS 23
Obama's Amnesty Action Fuels Flood of Immigrati... 3 hr Jeff Brightone 9
Ruth Bader Ginsburg Released from Hospital Afte... 3 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Russian Navy successfully tests new missile 3 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Immigrants' chances tied to their state's polices 3 hr Jeff Brightone 1

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE