BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#114226 Oct 4, 2012
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
A federal investigation was ordered in the Zimmerman case because obviously there was no local police investigation; or in any case a poor one.
The panther case on the other hand was politicized from the start and initiated by one of the Bush DOJ’s right wing political hacks. There simply was no case. The guy with the club was told to leave and he left. End of story. The other guy lived in the building and was a certified poll watcher.
“Hebert said in order to pursue a voter intimidation case, there should be depositions from voters who felt intimidated and the actions should be shown to be part of a larger campaign.
The Black Panther complaint provided little evidence to support the government’s allegation that the group conducted a coordinated campaign to intimidate voters.
“Frankly, the Philadelphia case [against the New Black Panthers] was on shaky ground from the beginning and was largely, I think, filed by the previous administration for the new administration to have to clean up, putting them in a difficult position,” said Hebert, a critic of the Bush administration’s management of the Justice Department who has written extensively about Section 11(b) for his current employer, the Campaign Legal Center”
http://www.mainjustice.com/2009/12/23/the-bla...
Zimmerman's case went to the Grand Jury. No recommendation for charges.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#114227 Oct 4, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Tacky a Republican Party lemming? What a shock!
Don't worry, be happy. Obama is still ahead in the polls!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#114228 Oct 4, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The jurisdiction is the territory of the USA within which the law of the United States operates. Everyone born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats is a Natural Born Citizen of the USA. That was ruled in the Wong Kim Ark case, and dozens of cases cite it.
Birthers recently appealed the ruling of the court in Georgia which held: "that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents." But the US Supreme Court turned down their appeal. The "subject to the complete jurisdiction theory" could not even get four justices on the court to call the case. What is the effect of the US Supreme Court turning down the appeal? It means that the ruling in Georgia stands.
And the Georgia case was by no means alone. Here are some others:
Hollander v. McCain (New Hampshire 2008) ruling: "Those born “in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,” U.S. Const., amend. XIV, have been considered American citizens under American law in effect since the time of the founding, United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 674-75 (1898), and thus eligible for the presidency,
Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana (Indiana 2008 – Appellate Court) ruling: "Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens" for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."
Tisdale v. Obama (Virginia federal court 2012) ruling: "It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens."
Purpura v. Obama (New Jersey 2012) ruling: "No court, federal, state or administrative, has accepted the challengers’ position that Mr. Obama is not a “natural born Citizen” due to the acknowledged fact that his father was born in Kenya and was a British citizen by virtue of the then applicable British Nationality Act. Nor has the fact that Obama had, or may have had, dual citizenship at the time of his birth and thereafter been held to deny him the status of natural born. It is unnecessary to reinvent the wheel here.… The petitioners’ legal position on this issue, however well intentioned, has no merit in law. Thus, accepting for the point of this issue that Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii, he is a ‘natural born Citizen’ regardless of the status of his father."
Voeltz v. Obama (Florida 2012) ruling: "However, the United States Supreme Court has concluded that ‘[e]very person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, becomes at once a citizen of the United States.‘Other courts that have considered the issue in the context of challenges to the qualifications of candidates for the office of President of the United States have come to the same conclusion.[The judge cites Hollander and Ankeny]
Allen v. Obama (Arizona 2012) ruling: "Most importantly, Arizona courts are bound by United States Supreme Court precedent in construing the United States Constitution, Arizona v. Jay J. Garfield Bldg. Co., 39 Ariz. 45, 54, 3 P.2d 983, 986(1931), and this precedent fully supports that President Obama is a natural born citizen under the Constitution and thus qualified to hold the office of President.… Contrary to Plaintiff’s assertion, Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), does not hold otherwise"
Dumbass! The jurisdiction, thereof, is the US Constitution.
All of your posted cases are in violation of the 14th amendment, violations of the US Constitution does not set precedence.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#114230 Oct 4, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, too bad for you that the US Supreme Court does not agree that you need citizen parents in order to be a US citizen at birth. The US Supreme Court has just turned down two birther appeals of the Georgia court ruling that held: "that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents. " What is the effect of rejecting the appeal? It is that the ruling in Georgia stands.
If the US Supreme Court does not agree with you about the meaning of the 14th Amendment, then you have the right to try to get Congress and three quarters of the states to pass another Constitutional Amendment specifying that the 14th Amendment should be applied in the way that you think that it should. But until then, it will be applied the way that the US Supreme Court thinks that it should.
Don't need an amendment. The law was ratified in 1868 and has not changed. The only thing that has change is our system of ruling on the law, which is in violation of the Constitution.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#114231 Oct 4, 2012
You’ll hear from me now. Obama got his ass kicked last night. Obama look like he was in a state of shock as Romney seemed to reverse every position he ever espoused. LOL
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#114232 Oct 4, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Dumbass! The jurisdiction, thereof, is the US Constitution.
All of your posted cases are in violation of the 14th amendment, violations of the US Constitution does not set precedence.
You are welcome to your dreams, but they are not the law. The US Supreme Court is the final ruler on the law, and it does not agree with your interpretation of the 14th Amendment. Neither, by the way does the US Electoral College. Birthers tried to get some of the 600 or so members of the Electoral College to change their votes to vote against Obama using the claim that Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen, but not one single member of the Electoral College changed her or his vote. The count of votes from the Electoral College was exactly the same as the electoral votes determined in the presidential election.

Location hidden

#114233 Oct 4, 2012
Poppo wrote:
You’ll hear from me now. Obama got his ass kicked last night. Obama look like he was in a state of shock as Romney seemed to reverse every position he ever espoused. LOL
Don't worry, be happy. There is no presidential candidate debate next week. Yea, I know there is that little VeeP debate with Ryan and ..... ah ..... er... O'Binden but ......, I guess it is okay to worry just a little.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#114234 Oct 4, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're unwilling to answer the question.
That does not bode well for your case. You realize that a judge will ask the same simple question I asked, right?
I answered it very well, you just can't understand the answer.

“Nor can it be doubted that it is the inherent right of every independent nation to determine for itself, and according to its own constitution and laws, what classes of persons shall be entitled to its citizenship.” WKA v. US (1898)

Last time I checked the UK and Kenya were independant nations.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#114235 Oct 4, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but that was by laws passed by Congress that added the ability of US citizens abroad to the existing rules which were, as the US Supreme Court held in the Wong Kim Ark case, based on the common law and including every child born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats.
Sorry, the 14th Citizenship Clause wasn't based on common law, it was based the Civil Rights Act of 1866 (National law) and natural law.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#114236 Oct 4, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I answered it very well, you just can't understand the answer.
“Nor can it be doubted that it is the inherent right of every independent nation to determine for itself, and according to its own constitution and laws, what classes of persons shall be entitled to its citizenship.” WKA v. US (1898)
So we use Kenyan law when determining who are our citizens here in the US?

That's news to us.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#114237 Oct 4, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>The comma has several uses in English grammar, all related to marking-off separate elements within a sentence.
Justice Derp, how do you think the commas function in that sentence. Parse the meaning of the separate elements.

Don't be scared, this is only fifth grade sentence structure.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#114238 Oct 4, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I answered it very well, you just can't understand the answer.
That is right, and so are we, and it is our law that applies in the USA. Our law says that regardless of what other countrys' laws say, a child born in the USA (except for the children of foreign diplomats) is a Natural Born Citizen.

The US Supreme Court has just rejected two birther appeals of the ruling in the Georgia case that held: " that children born within the United States are natural born citizens, regardless of the citizenship of their parents. " What is the effect of the US Supreme Court rejecting the appeal? It is that the Georgia ruling stands.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#114239 Oct 4, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to your dreams, but they are not the law. The US Supreme Court is the final ruler on the law, and it does not agree with your interpretation of the 14th Amendment. Neither, by the way does the US Electoral College. Birthers tried to get some of the 600 or so members of the Electoral College to change their votes to vote against Obama using the claim that Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen, but not one single member of the Electoral College changed her or his vote. The count of votes from the Electoral College was exactly the same as the electoral votes determined in the presidential election.
My so-called dreams are the law per the 14th.
How can Obama be a Natural Born Citizen, he's an alien.
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#114240 Oct 4, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, the 14th Citizenship Clause wasn't based on common law, it was based the Civil Rights Act of 1866 (National law) and natural law.
Sorry, but the US Supreme Court in Wong Kim Ark said that the common law applies, and so---by the way---did the Minor v Happersett ruling. And in the Wong Kim Ark ruling, the US Supreme Court said that every child born in the USA is a Natural Born Citizen except for the children of foreign diplomats.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#114241 Oct 4, 2012
Obama Gone In 2012 wrote:
As of today I am no longer a Democrat.
I am now a Republican who will vote for all Republicans.
I wonder how many more there are out there just like me?
I just read that Democratic registration is in decline.
Could this be the reason?
No true Democrat would say that GB unless like many Republicans his/her Party had totally left them or has been taken over by a bunch of uneducated tea party hacks.

You funny man GB!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#114242 Oct 4, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
That's news to us.
Lineage. Simple as that.

“playtime...”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#114243 Oct 4, 2012
Obama Gone In 2012 wrote:
As of today I am no longer a Democrat.
I am now a Republican who will vote for all Republicans.
I wonder how many more there are out there just like me?
I just read that Democratic registration is in decline.
Could this be the reason?
I doubt you were ever a Democrat.
Just me -

Los Angeles, CA

#114244 Oct 4, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
American Lady wrote:
Except for the Aloha Reporter
It's REAL
This too :)
the president says
Not Natural Born -- TRUTH MATTERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
You can read what he's 'saying'...:)
<quoted text>
If that was true, you should have no problem coming up with the UN-edited video!!!
We have caught you lefties editing text, video, audio, etc. and we caught you but showing the original unedited piece. So, put up or shut up!
Rogue, that clip came from http://www.youtube.com/user/ObamaSnippetsDotC... which is basically full of videos of Obama that are edited so they are amusing. The website actually pops up on the screen on the video. Some of the videos on that website are set to music and make it appear he's rapping and somehow AL thinks this is evidence Obama's not a U.S. citizen.

Location hidden

#114245 Oct 4, 2012
Obviously the LSM did not learn a damn thing from the Richard Jewell case. I hope Geo. Zimmerman also sues the hell out of the New Black Panther Party for soliciting him being murdered!
George Zimmerman 'Considering' Suing NBC Over 911 Tape Edit
UPDATE: George Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara said that his client is merely "considering" suing NBC, after the New York Post reported that Zimmerman was about to move forward with a lawsuit.
O'Mara said in a statement to TheWrap: "Due in large part to NBC’s actions, George has had to live in hiding, in fear for his life. Yes, we are considering a lawsuit against NBC for defamation, and we have collaborated with outside counsel to advise Mr. Zimmerman."
EARLIER: George Zimmerman is reportedly suing NBC, NBC News president Steve Capus and correspondent Ron Allen over the network's editing of his 911 call to police before he shot Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman killed Martin, an unarmed teenager, in February. NBC aired an edited version of his exchange with the 911 operator, which made it sound like he had volunteered that Martin was "black." In fact, Zimmerman had been responding to the operator asking whether the "suspicious person" he was calling about was "black, white or Hispanic."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/geor...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#114246 Oct 4, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
That's news to us.
when persons born in the US are subject to a foreign power, they are not citizens of this nation, per the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and the 14th Citizenship Clause. Aliens are not subject to the jurisdiction, thereof, that would be the US Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min republiCONS 167,830
GOP presses state bills limiting gay rights bef... 13 min Wondering 26
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Brian_G 307,719
Analysis: Equal rights or statesa rights on gay... 18 min Wondering 163
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 20 min Wondering 6,217
Judge: Michigan must recognize 300-plus gay mar... 35 min Belle Sexton 265
US believes it is number one - Russia 1 hr Station 5 60
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Chimney1 141,620
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr shinningelectr0n 1,171,847
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr Cheech the Conser... 303,932
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 5 hr Mss Mitchell 11,104
Team Rubio message: Ready to run 7 hr radiofreeamerica 3
More from around the web