BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 243240 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

LRS

Shreveport, LA

#106570 Sep 8, 2012
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
rant on foolish moron. Your ignorance is both boring and paretic
And your repetitive BS is quite stale, unoriginal and hilarious to watch!
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#106571 Sep 8, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid.
I agree. Birfoons are quite stupid.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#106573 Sep 8, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb-ass, was I talking to you!
What a dumb-ass!
You want to help me with my patent! Hahahahaha!!!! I wouldn't let you within five-hundred mile of my ideas.
You addressed your comment in the plural, jagoff, which means not to any particular individual. Understand English?("You freeloaders").

BTW, your ideas aren't worth crap. You cannot violate the laws of thermodynamics. If you had a certificate from a JuCo you would understand that, dropout.

[QUOTE wojar"]
who=" <quoted text>
Freeloaders?
My clients who pay me over $300/hr don't think I'm a freeloader. Many successful businesses got financing and became successful after I procured patents for their inventions. UR living in a dream world.
Do you have a clue how many of my clients have taken me out to dinner at fabulous restaurants celebrating issue of their patents (not to mention paying my fees)?
Freeloaders?
Get real.
Hee hee hee.[/QUOTE]
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#106574 Sep 8, 2012
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Birfoons are quite stupid.
You are the King Doofus!

United States

#106575 Sep 8, 2012
LurkerLooky wrote:
The Bible and Government
Biblical Principles: Basis for America's Laws
To understand why some of these passages above are applicable to our laws, one has to go back to the formative era of our nation and to America's culture and thinking at the time. The leaders of the various colonies, states, and ultimately the Founding Fathers themselves were steeped in biblical thinking. They drew from the Bible examples and looked for confirmation of ideas for government in Scripture.
We had an atheist visit our site and expressed a good bit of displeasure with some of the above citations. We responded that he should relish the freedom of expression that a Christian culture put in place for him. And that he should be thankful that our culture was not founded on atheism, given the horrible result of atheistic governments in the past (such as Communist Russia, etc.).
Jesus did not usher in a political kingdom. But Christianity has been the single largest influence on western society. America's Founding Fathers had the benefit of thousands of years of history to draw on when establishing their government. They could see what had failed in the past. There had been times when the state had absolute authority and persecuted the church. At other times the church had effective control of the state. The founders saw that neither of these extremes were ideal. They developed a system that stood the test of time. Observers everywhere generally agree that American's Founding Fathers achieved a solid balance between church and state, one consistent with biblical concepts.
In a ten-year study undertaken at the Univesity of Houston, researchers examined 15,000 documents from America's founders and determined that 34% of their quotations came from the Bible, the highest by far of any source.
But many people today reject the notion that the Bible should be used as a basis for law. "Narrow minded and outdated!" they say. Ideas have consequences. Let's examine the implications if the Bible is or is not the standard for society and its legal system.
Sovereign authority of God, not sovereignty of the state, or sovereignty of man Mayflower Compact, Declaration, Constitution, currency, oaths, mention of God in all 50 state constitutions, Pledge of Allegiance
Ex. 18:16, 20:3, Dt. 10:20, 2 Chron. 7:14, Ps. 83:18, 91:2, Isa. 9:6-7, Dan. 4:32, Jn. 19:11, Acts 5:29, Rom. 13:1, Col. 1:15-20, 1 Tim. 6:15
Existence of objective moral values, Fixed standards, Absolute truth, Sanctity of life Declaration ("unalienable" rights—life, etc., "self-evident" truths) Ex. 20:1-17, Dt. 30:19, Ps. 119: 142-152, Pr. 14:34, Isa. 5:20-21, Jn. 10:10, Rom. 2:15, Heb. 13:8
Rule of law rather than authority of man Declaration, Constitution
Ex. 18-24, Dt. 17:20, Isa. 8:19-20, Mat. 5:17-18
http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-cult...
Nice cut'n'paste.

Got a point that you can encapsulate in a coherent sentence or two?

Or do you not have a clue what a point is, or how to write a sentence in your own words?

Loser.

“The Usurper FAILED”

Since: Apr 11

Americans

#106576 Sep 8, 2012
Rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens

Rights of citizens
See also: Voting rights in the United States
Adult citizens of the United States who are residents of one of the 50 states have the right to participate in the political system of the United States, as well as their state and local governments (with most states having restrictions on voting by persons convicted of felonies, and a federal **constitutional prohibition on naturalized persons running for President and Vice President of the United States), to be represented and protected abroad by the United States (through U.S. embassies and consulates), and to live in the United States and certain territories without any immigration requirements.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_na...

**constitutional prohibition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-cit...

Rationale

The purpose of the natural born citizen clause is to protect the nation from foreign influence. Alexander Hamilton, a convention delegate from New York, wrote in The Federalist #68 about the care that must be taken in selecting the president: "Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils."[5] St. George Tucker, an early federal judge, wrote in 1803 that the natural born citizen clause is "a happy means of security against foreign influence", and that "The admission of foreigners into our councils, consequently, cannot be too much guarded against."[6]

Alexander Porter Morse, the lawyer who represented Louisiana in Plessy v. Ferguson,[32] wrote in the Albany Law Journal:
If it was intended that anybody who was a citizen by birth should be eligible, it would only have been necessary to say, "no person, except a native-born citizen"; but the framers thought it wise, in view of the probable influx of European immigration, to provide that the president should at least be the child of citizens owing allegiance to the United States at the time of his birth.

According to an April 2000 report by the CRS, most constitutional scholars interpret the natural born citizen clause as to include citizens born outside the United States to parents who are U.S. citizens.
==========

ORIGINALISM AND THE NATURAL BORN
CITIZEN CLAUSE
Lawrence B. Solum*†
Introduction
The U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 1, provides:“No person except
a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the
Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President.”
The enigmatic phrase “natural born citizen” poses a series of problems for
contemporary originalism. New Originalists, like Justice Scalia, focus on
the original public meaning of the constitutional text.

Anyone born on American soil whose
parents are citizens of the United States is a “natural born citizen.”

A more scholarly version, with complete citations, is available via the Social Science Research
Network: Lawrence B. Solum, Originalism and the Natural Born Citizen Clause,
http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=1263885 .

http://www.michiganlawreview.org/assets/fi/10...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#106577 Sep 8, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
You addressed your comment in the plural, jagoff, which means not to any particular individual. Understand English?("You freeloaders").
BTW, your ideas aren't worth crap. You cannot violate the laws of thermodynamics. If you had a certificate from a JuCo you would understand that, dropout.
<quoted text>
Thanks for the confirmation of your sockpuppet status. LMAO
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#106578 Sep 8, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the King Doofus!
Birfoon, you are a bore and a boor.

United States

#106579 Sep 8, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>He was given enough rope, he hanged himself!
Non sequitur. He will last either four or eight years.

Wasn't supposed to last four years? Hee hee hee!

Your conspiracy theory is in flames. Grow up!
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't supposed to last four years?
All you got is "yep" and your conspiracy theories. Looks like you were wrong.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#106580 Sep 8, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb-ass, was I talking to you!
What a dumb-ass!
You want to help me with my patent! Hahahahaha!!!! I wouldn't let you within five-hundred mile of my ideas.
Don't waste your time on this clown Dale. He's as big a fraud as the Obammie himself. Remember, he's a "bio chemist"! ROTFLMAO

“The Usurper FAILED”

Americans

#106581 Sep 8, 2012
LurkerLooky wrote:
Rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens
Rights of citizens
See also: Voting rights in the United States
Adult citizens of the United States who are residents of one of the 50 states have the right to participate in the political system of the United States, as well as their state and local governments (with most states having restrictions on voting by persons convicted of felonies, and a federal **constitutional prohibition on naturalized persons running for President and Vice President of the United States), to be represented and protected abroad by the United States (through U.S. embassies and consulates), and to live in the United States and certain territories without any immigration requirements.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_na...
**constitutional prohibition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-cit...
Rationale
The purpose of the natural born citizen clause is to protect the nation from foreign influence. Alexander Hamilton, a convention delegate from New York, wrote in The Federalist #68 about the care that must be taken in selecting the president: "Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils."[5] St. George Tucker, an early federal judge, wrote in 1803 that the natural born citizen clause is "a happy means of security against foreign influence", and that "The admission of foreigners into our councils, consequently, cannot be too much guarded against."[6]
Alexander Porter Morse, the lawyer who represented Louisiana in Plessy v. Ferguson,[32] wrote in the Albany Law Journal:
If it was intended that anybody who was a citizen by birth should be eligible, it would only have been necessary to say, "no person, except a native-born citizen"; but the framers thought it wise, in view of the probable influx of European immigration, to provide that the president should at least be the child of citizens owing allegiance to the United States at the time of his birth.
According to an April 2000 report by the CRS, most constitutional scholars interpret the natural born citizen clause as to include citizens born outside the United States to parents who are U.S. citizens.
==========
ORIGINALISM AND THE NATURAL BORN
CITIZEN CLAUSE
Lawrence B. Solum*†
Introduction
The U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 1, provides:“No person except
a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the
Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President.”
The enigmatic phrase “natural born citizen” poses a series of problems for
contemporary originalism. New Originalists, like Justice Scalia, focus on
the original public meaning of the constitutional text.
Anyone born on American soil whose
parents are citizens of the United States is a “natural born citizen.”
A more scholarly version, with complete citations, is available via the Social Science Research

http://www.michiganlawreview.org/assets/fi/10...
http://papers.ssrn.com/abstr128...85 .

XXX the above out.
He "changes horses" in the middle of the stream!
Gotcha

Los Angeles, CA

#106582 Sep 8, 2012
Vote for Mitt Romney.

“The Usurper FAILED”

Americans

#106583 Sep 8, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry BirfoonLady, but David Ramsay's screed did not speak for the body of founders. It was his personal opinion that got thrown in the trash. He wanted to unseat William Smith but he got his ass kicked.
Grow up!
The Life of George Washington
By David Ramsay

Published eight years after George Washington's death, David Ramsay's Life of George Washington achieved great popularity. A contemporary of Washington, historian Ramsay writes with the knowledge and insights one acquires only by being on the scene.

Actually, Ramsay was an active player in the momentous events of America's unfolding drama. He was twice elected a delegate to the Continental Congress, and served as its chairman in a specially-appointed post. Ramsay's Life of George Washington — like his widely-acclaimed History of the America Revolution — is part of the Keigwin and Mathews Collection. In 13 chapters it covers Washington's life from his early years to his death in 1799. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.earlyamerica.com/lives/gwlife/

United States

#106584 Sep 8, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the confirmation of your sockpuppet status. LMAO
Am I supposed to thank you for your inability to write a rational rebuttal?
Really, I thought you were a "land species"? What's your problem?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale

Wichita, KS

#106585 Sep 8, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Go eat a shit sandwich! Did you understand that english?
If you make 300 and hour, you can afford to give 75% of that to those who are without a job! Isn't that the marxist way, or are you just a drug store marxist.
Pump all you want, not sharing my ideas.
Jacques Ottawa

Toronto, Canada

#106586 Sep 8, 2012
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you ever been likened to a goiter?
Hmm , was that addressed to you? Asking as you posed the same question to someone else yesterday.

United States

#106587 Sep 8, 2012
LurkerLooky wrote:
<quoted text>
The Life of George Washington
By David Ramsay
Published eight years after George Washington's death, David Ramsay's Life of George Washington achieved great popularity. A contemporary of Washington, historian Ramsay writes with the knowledge and insights one acquires only by being on the scene.
Actually, Ramsay was an active player in the momentous events of America's unfolding drama. He was twice elected a delegate to the Continental Congress, and served as its chairman in a specially-appointed post. Ramsay's Life of George Washington — like his widely-acclaimed History of the America Revolution — is part of the Keigwin and Mathews Collection. In 13 chapters it covers Washington's life from his early years to his death in 1799. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
http://www.earlyamerica.com/lives/gwlife/
And you think his "Life of George Washington" had any bearing on his little rant about citizenship that was thrown in the trash with disgust?

Really?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry BirfoonLady, but David Ramsay's screed did not speak for the body of founders. It was his personal opinion that got thrown in the trash. He wanted to unseat William Smith but he got his ass kicked.
Grow up!

United States

#106589 Sep 8, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Go eat a shit sandwich! Did you understand that english?
If you make 300 and hour, you can afford to give 75% of that to those who are without a job! Isn't that the marxist way, or are you just a drug store marxist.
Ooohhhh! Am I supposed to feel hurt by your idiotic diatribe?

Pump? Pump you for a crackpot delusion?

How's your quest to disprove the Laws of Thermodynamics goin' for ya? Eh?

Hee hee hee!
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>

United States

#106591 Sep 8, 2012
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Go eat a shit sandwich! Did you understand that english?

Dale's brilliant delusion: "At this posting, I am producing 12 volts with an input of 4 volts. I am also producing 36 volts from the same 4 volts. This is on a small scale, but it has potential. With a little funding I will have an auto that will never need fueling and can put energy back into the grid."

Hee hee hee!

Even wiki shows UR a fool. Any high school physics student would know that.

"Equivalently, perpetual motion machines of the first kind are impossible."

Pump? Hee hee hee!

I should have you arrested for assault. I almost died laughing!

“The Usurper FAILED”

Americans

#106592 Sep 8, 2012
Dwight Sullivan says:
So Jay couldn’t have been proposing to “strengthen the citizenship requirements in Article II.” In fact, at the time, there WERE NO citizenship requirements for the President. And, in any event, Jay’s letter wasn’t written about the presidency — it was written about the commander-in-chief of the Army.

(This person has done lost it. He is confused about the president and commander-in-chief. They ARE one and the SAME. I wonder how many more are like that! AL is right, a bunch of ignoramuses!)

The article later repeats the falsehood that “Jay’s proposal recommended clause added the additional adjective before ‘born Citizen’ that was proposed by Hamilton.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,683,404
News The Government Will Almost Certainly Shut Down ... 3 min DR X 14
News With Congress divided, US governemnt heads for ... 8 min Dem sh----le shut... 22
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Drumpf Disaster 52,420
News Midnight government shutdown nears; no accord i... 18 min DR X 10
News The Latest: White House says it wona t negotiat... 18 min DR X 2
Drake reflects on his Album "Nothing Was The Sa... 31 min ELZ_Gotti Da GodMC 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 39 min cpeter1313 17,471
News Conservatives balk at GOP plan to avert governm... 49 min Doe 90
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 3 hr Guest 219
More from around the web