Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...

Comments (Page 260)

Showing posts 5,181 - 5,200 of193,356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

A great discussion on immigration:
http://watchglennbeck.com/video/2010/May/Glen...

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Super Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>What about the illegal Russians? Or illegal Irish people? You people only single out Mexicans! Hypocrites!!
Russian and the Irish aren't streaming over the border. Duh.

Watch this video...it's good:
http://watchglennbeck.com/video/2010/May/Glen...

There are a lot of immigrants form different countries (including Mexico) who talk.
Just the Facts

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry buddy, but according to Pew, 11.5 illegal aliens currently live in America - of that amount, over 25% of them work in the agriculture sector. Currently, illegals account for one out of every twenty jobs.
As to my last statement, it is financially correct - send them home, and prices will inevitably increase. Give them temporary work visa's, which are hard and arduous to obtain, and the impact won't be as severe.
The Pew HISPANIC Center has no agenda?
Right.

Try the US Dept of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics - liar.
http://www.bls.gov/data/#employment
Use the PDF files
Hilda Solis got rid of the text spread sheets.
What is she trying to hide?

As to your last statement, you are full of shit, and we know it just like you know it.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

funny how latinos want whiteys american dream for free -they wanna be like whitey,but like not have to deal with the responsiblity they must have watched too much "leave it to beaver" and they expect whitey to finance their little illusions
Mac-7

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

Super Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>What about the illegal Russians? Or illegal Irish people? You people only single out Mexicans! Hypocrites!!
"people only single out Mexicans!"

Not so.

If illegal Russians are stopped for drunk driving they will have to show their identification and prove citizenship just like the Mexicans.

If any illegal Irishmen are beating up their girl friend and the cops show up to keep him from killing her the Irish guy will have to show id also.

What could be more fair than that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

yes mexicans watch "leave it to beaver" and now they want to live whiteys american dream with whitey footing the bill??? see whta you get for letting their imaginations run wild?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Evans, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

kobadger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ya left out a bunch of facts friend. Ya see first and foremost...Just what f**kin business does labor from the 3rd world have settin OUR god-damned wages???
Secondly,Most American workers my age(39),mam I've been in the workforce for some 24 years now,so yeah...I KNOW a thing or two about the f**kin "Labor Laws" and..."Tax Brackets".
See I also know,that #1,if an employer told ME that..."We don't pay overtime",I'm like,"Suits me,then I won't f**kin WORK overtime".
Ya see just how cut and dry that was,and the real kicker is I got the LAWS on MY side lol.
Man I'm more than happy to go out here and work 60,70 and even 80 hours a week,just NOT for the same god-damned employer. WHY NOT???
Because anything at overtime wages over 10 hours almost doubles in "Taxes" deducted for that pay period. Baby I don't give one flat flyin F**K about what I may or may NOT get back come Jan ok. MY "bottom line" in going to work is real f**kin simple jack and that is..."How much money can I..ME walk out that f**kin gate with every Friday!!!" The god-damned boss man ain't the only one out there to make money,and me,I sure as sh*t ain't out to make friends,not when there's a dollar to be made first that is!!
Employers get offended by the fact that too many people like myself are out there,I mean that pay attention to things like "Labor-Laws" and..."Tax Brackets". I have a union job now and don't have to sweat that sh*t but there was a time I did.
I would tell an employer flat out,"If ya want more than 50 hours a week outta ME,then here's the only way you're gonna get it"
1) I want ALL MY money,every god-damned nickle,dime and dollar of it at regular wages on one check and
2) All my overtime wages paid OFF THE BOOKS AND IN CASH...If it was going to be 20-30 hours ya know. 10 Hours I can live with being on the same chech but after that,man I can do basic f**kin math and I'M the one losing money due to "Tax Brackets"
Example,If you make 10$ per hour straight time,then overtime wages are 15$ an hour and AFTER ten hours it almost doubles being taxed. 15$ an hour at 15 hours comes out to $9.35 AFTER it is "Taxed" as..."overtime wages". Man I'll just be god-damned if I will work EXTRA and end up making LESS than my regular hourly wage.
If the employer couldn't/wouldn't live with that then f**k him/her. I'd do 50 hours and no more,and I would go to a second or side job for extra money.
Your semi-illiterate gibberish is virtually impossible to read.

Look, it's about supply and demand. The demand is for illegals and pay is just one of the reasons why.

If you were building a house who would you want helping you, a cheap, obedient illegal or an over-priced, semi-illiterate jerk like yourself demanding health insurance and overtime?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

uh yeah somebody in mexico saw"leave it to beaver" now they want whiteys american dream ? and for whitey to pay for it too. america shoulda got a prenup for that bi***
Just the Facts

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

kobadger wrote:
<quoted text>
California is just that..Calif**kinfornia for starters.
Ya see,this is why I HATE to try and debate with pro-illegal folks from,where elese???...California.
The first shocking fact is,
The OTHER 49 states could honestly give LESS than a f**k about what...California does or does not do alright.
Trying to compare...California to or with ANY...Southern state is well,like trying to compare apples to fried-f**kin-rice. In short,there is no,comparrison.
Secondly,YOUR state...California is being used as an example to most other states,and ALL...Southern states(There's 14 of em by the way)as an example of what NOT to do and this is why,again thanks to...California,That states like Georgia have such strictly enforced Laws that make it extremely difficult for ILLEGAL Foreign Nationals to establish roots here in OUR state!!
It has been..."Tried" before here in Georgia as well(Illegals suing employers),here's how it played out.
The Defendants BY LAW are allowed to challenge the plaintifs (Legal Status)... wich the Attorney's for the Defense very readily did thus making null and void any claims. Right then...Right there the jury is stuck on THAT FACT and THAT FACT ALONE and are just waiting for the Attorney's to deliver their summations lol.
Not ONE jury in Georgia has awarded anything to Illegal's who were hurt on a job they by LAW...had no right to hold in the first place.
Hey,did ya NOT hear about Georgia's Law that went into effect on 01 JAN 2010?? It requires ALL persons applying for a Georgia State Driver's License to take the Drivers exam in...English Only!!
How far do ya think THAT law would stand in...California??
So please,don't ever assume what...California does in regards to Illegal Foreign Nationas will EVER,have even an ounce of bearing on what Georgia or any other Southern State does.
California doesn't issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens, the good people of the state of California that are left here got rid of Grey Davis BECAUSE he had pen in hand getting ready to sign that one.
I WISH we only had drivers test in English.

I got sidewiped by a Vietnamese lady a few years ago in Orange County. She came up from behind in the lane on my right on a 6 lane boulevard and hit me at the right front wheel well, and just kept coming into my lane, she rammed by vehicle up over the curb on the median strip onto the grass.(Thank God she stopped - but I already had her plate).
When I got out to get her dr lic, and insurance info, she just kept saying "not my fault, I make signal. Not my fault, I make signal."
I told her, "did you TAKE a drivers test? You are supposed to look and see if someone is in the lane next to you, check your mirrors, look out windows, and if nobody is THERE, signal and change lanes."
She stared at me blankly and said "not my fault, I make signal."
She actually had a legal California drivers license.

The insurance estimator told me the woman did the same thing to her. She said she didn't think the lady knew now to say anything else in English.

Since: Feb 09

Lake Havasu City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

Looks like if you don't like the laws, let your feet vote. We like it here and like the law.

Remember its legal to carry a loaded gun in Arizona and more people are because of the hell Mexicans, legal or not, are raising.
Mac-7

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Your semi-illiterate gibberish is virtually impossible to read.
Look, it's about supply and demand. The demand is for illegals and pay is just one of the reasons why.
If you were building a house who would you want helping you, a cheap, obedient illegal or an over-priced, semi-illiterate jerk like yourself demanding health insurance and overtime?
In the future after another 100 million or so cheap workers from Latin America are here few Americans will be able to afford a house.
Just the Facts

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

orkin33 wrote:
yes mexicans watch "leave it to beaver" and now they want to live whiteys american dream with whitey footing the bill??? see whta you get for letting their imaginations run wild?
It wasn't Leave it to Beaver, it was Dynasty, Dallas and Falcon Crest.
Lorimar Studios.
I rue the day I ever did any work for them.

Since: May 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

kobadger wrote:
You see the bottom line with most American workers my age,a little younger and a little older is simple. Of course we are willing to work more than 40 hours lol,we just refuse to get f**ked in the process and getting 20-30 hours of "extra" money taxed/hit/stolen in two different ways by..
a)Taxing in HIGHER Tax Bracket(more money,duh)
b)Then being Taxed as..."Overtime Wages"
That's why you are better giving one employer just 40-50 hours a wk,then going to a second or side gig and start fresh,I mean as far as wages earned/taxed!! Nahh friend,The American worker on average is NOT stupid and is NOT lazy. That is the ONLY reason 3rd world labor is so god-damned desirable by some,because if that check is light,or they get hurt...who the f**k are THEY gonna run tell,right???
WTHell are you talking about?

So you would rather not work, than to work the extra hours at "higher tax brackets"

You understand you are ONLY taxed in the high bracket for the wages you earn IN THAT BRACKET?

taxed "Overtime wages"?

OK You apparently don't understand, the gov doesn't care if you are working 6 months a year OR 12 months. If you make $50 in 12 or 6 months, you pay the same taxes! The only thing that is different IS withholding. At the end of the day, you pay no more in taxes on the "OT"!

If you go to another side "gig" unless you're under the table it ALL goes towards your taxable income!

BTW, Going to the next tax bracket IS good, make it to the top 1% and your overall tax rate would average 23% in ALL federal taxes! Of course you need $410,000 to do that, lol
Pandora

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Super Mexican wrote:
When we get 20 million illegal aliens here from somewhere else, we will turn our attention to them. Right now, citizens of Mexico do not deserve preferential treatment in the United States.
Just the Facts

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the future after another 100 million or so cheap workers from Latin America are here few Americans will be able to afford a house.
Oh, it won't 100 million from Latin America, it will be 500 million from China.

I guess we are just going to have to pour cement all over the national parklands for them to have a place to live, and a job to do.
Anyone ever wonder why the environmentalists don't ever have one damn word to say about the negative impact of illegal immigration on the invironment?
The most destructive force on any natural environment is overpopulation, and the Sierra Club just sits there like dumb azzes.
I canceled my membership in the 90s when they had no comment, they said it wasn't an issue. BS.

Since: May 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong answer...
It has nothing to do with celebrating your heritage. Many Americans celebrate and embrace their ethnic heritage, but they are Americans first.
This post was about people saying that displaying the American flag on May 5 is disrespectful to Hispanics. The students who were protesting were waving Mexican flags and demanding that the students who had displayed the American flag be forced to publicly apologize for disrespecting them.
If you feel offended by the American flag, want it banned and then run around waving the Mexican national flag demanding respect...you can take it to Mexico as far as I'm concerned.
The school board has spoken in this case. They say no student will ever be barred from displaying the American flag again and that the assistant principle was wrong.
Their next step should be to begin teaching these students that they should take pride in the unique heritage of being an American citizens, whatever ethnic group you belong to.
The only hatred and intolerance on display here was yours. That is pathetic.
What a bunch of BS!

These 5 students WERE trying to get the Hispanic students upset, yelling things like Mexico sucks AND we live in America and a couple of their parents are TeaBaggers! Don't say they didn't TRY to get something going, they did AND did!

Just a bunch of xenophobes growing into their TeaBagger roots!

Nice wedge issue created by the TeaBagger "patriots"!!!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Evans, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if we do the right kind of immigration reform.

The trick is to not give La Raza what it wants without cutting our own throats.

Anchor babies is the greatest danger. We need to fix that and fix that fast. After that, scrap the notion of "path to citizenship."

La Raza acts like it has bargaining chips. It doesn't. I mean, what do they do if we don't give them a bill they like -- pack up and go home?
Mac-7

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Gary Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if we do the right kind of immigration reform.
The trick is to not give La Raza what it wants without cutting our own throats.
Anchor babies is the greatest danger. We need to fix that and fix that fast. After that, scrap the notion of "path to citizenship."
La Raza acts like it has bargaining chips. It doesn't. I mean, what do they do if we don't give them a bill they like -- pack up and go home?
Anchor babies are a problem.

Unfortunately the courts seem to believe that the 14th Amendment entitles anchor babies to US citizenship while others say it can be fixed by Congress.

Taking away the anchor baby loophole would certainly help but would not stop the flood of poor people that is sure to keep coming if the current crop of illegals are awarded green cards and the right to stay here as long as they live - with entitlements to supplement their low incomes.

Amnesty is a powerful incentive for the invasion from Mexico to become a tidal wave from all over the world.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

Saynototheleft wrote:
<quoted text>Please come say that to my face. I would thoroughly enjoy meeting you.
I don't go into public housing. The only reason people joing the military today is for a paycheck so they don't go to jail for non-support. The military will pay for each bastard they produce. They are idiots retards that join. That is why we have not been able to win a war for the last fifty years. Soldiers used to have pride now all as they are are a bunch of little pu$$ies that can't fight. U.S. military is the sorriest bunch of retards in the whole worl.
They are the ones that could not get into college to get a degree to make a real living. dumb azz inbred morons.
Mac-7

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Judged:

Jonny Boy Central Coast wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of BS!
These 5 students WERE trying to get the Hispanic students upset, yelling things like Mexico sucks AND we live in America and a couple of their parents are TeaBaggers! Don't say they didn't TRY to get something going, they did AND did!
Just a bunch of xenophobes growing into their TeaBagger roots!
Nice wedge issue created by the TeaBagger "patriots"!!!
The Hispanic public educator could have told the students to stop shouting insults if that were happening.

But he showed his own bigotry and lack of loyality to this country when he failed to respect our flag.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,181 - 5,200 of193,356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Death 1,073,180
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min woodtick57 240,421
GOP Speaker John Boehner says House plans to su... 5 min Cat74 159
Obama offers US help negotiating Israel cease-fire 6 min OnlyPatchWork 72
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 6 min Frankie Rizzo 1,908
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min three 144,984
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 7 min Defiant1 21,175
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 30 min HMT 123 Observatory 50,845
•••