Ousted IRS chief regrets treatment of...

Ousted IRS chief regrets treatment of tea party

There are 24 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from May 17, 2013, titled Ousted IRS chief regrets treatment of tea party. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

The ousted head of the Internal Revenue Service apologized to Congress on Friday for his agency's tougher treatment of tea party and other conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sound logic enclosed

United States

#1 May 17, 2013
Will his apology be enough or will the right look to push this further and lose the one situation that has them (for now) on the high ground?
Austinite

Austin, TX

#2 May 17, 2013
Odummer said to have fired him so how is it he was allowed to resign his position.
Telling someone they are fired is different than letting them resign.
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#3 May 17, 2013
This democRAT / islamofascist should be tried and hanged.
Let him meet his 72 virgin camels.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#4 May 17, 2013
Sure he does.
Sheik Yerbouti

Furlong, PA

#5 May 17, 2013
There is no real 'scandal.'Just a bunch of whiny right wingers doing what they do best-sniveling! They didn't bitch when reagan and nixon were violating the rights of anti war groups! They have zero credibility! Typical rethugs! The IRS should continue its investigation of treasonous teabagger groups violating election and non profit laws!

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#6 May 17, 2013
It was well known that those anti-war groups were communist front organizations. And Oh Yes! There's a real scandal! Four diplomatic personel are dead, who, if the president had acted properly, would still be alive. There's plenty of scandal!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
There is no real 'scandal.'Just a bunch of whiny right wingers doing what they do best-sniveling! They didn't bitch when reagan and nixon were violating the rights of anti war groups! They have zero credibility! Typical rethugs! The IRS should continue its investigation of treasonous teabagger groups violating election and non profit laws!

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#7 May 17, 2013
There is guilt here.

It is with whoever changed the 50c4 definition from being "EXCLUSIVELY engaged in activities that promote social welfare;" to "PRIMARILY engaged in activities that promote social welfare.'

In that primarily word, direct political action and activity, which violates the spirit and the word of the regulation slips in; a does lobbying.

This is the failing. WHO changed this deFINITION from 'EXCLUSIVELY" TO "PRIMARILLY" engaged in activities that promote social welfare?

who?

WHO?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#8 May 17, 2013
Indiana? The Height of Terror...and the Sound of Booms....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#9 May 17, 2013
Oil Booms....For Indians....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#10 May 17, 2013
And infartstructure....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#11 May 17, 2013
Allen

Tucker, GA

#12 May 17, 2013
The only thing this chief regrets is getting caught.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#13 May 17, 2013
Allen wrote:
The only thing this chief regrets is getting caught.
I regret the investigations are not ongoing.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#15 May 17, 2013
Papillon wrote:
This democRAT / islamofascist should be tried and hanged.
Let him meet his 72 virgin camels.
What does Tomarrow Dream? Who's Tomarrow?

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#16 May 17, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
There is no real 'scandal.'Just a bunch of whiny right wingers doing what they do best-sniveling! They didn't bitch when reagan and nixon were violating the rights of anti war groups! They have zero credibility! Typical rethugs! The IRS should continue its investigation of treasonous teabagger groups violating election and non profit laws!
Any time an admininstration vilates the constitution, it's not a scandel, booty. It's against US Law.....

An adminisstration with this many "scandals' in such a short period of time is corrupt and needs to be under the microscope of the American poeple, through congress.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#17 May 17, 2013
Lib hunter

Rockport, TX

#18 May 17, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
There is no real 'scandal.'Just a bunch of whiny right wingers doing what they do best-sniveling! They didn't bitch when reagan and nixon were violating the rights of anti war groups! They have zero credibility! Typical rethugs! The IRS should continue its investigation of treasonous teabagger groups violating election and non profit laws!
. Hey lib this is the present !! Those anti war groups didn't have the balls 2 fight so they bitched.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#19 May 17, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
There is guilt here.
It is with whoever changed the 50c4 definition from being "EXCLUSIVELY engaged in activities that promote social welfare;" to "PRIMARILY engaged in activities that promote social welfare.'
In that primarily word, direct political action and activity, which violates the spirit and the word of the regulation slips in; a does lobbying.
This is the failing. WHO changed this deFINITION from 'EXCLUSIVELY" TO "PRIMARILLY" engaged in activities that promote social welfare?
who?
WHO?
http://www.lincolndailynews.com/News/news0517...
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#20 May 17, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Any time an admininstration vilates the constitution, it's not a scandel, booty. It's against US Law.....
An adminisstration with this many "scandals' in such a short period of time is corrupt and needs to be under the microscope of the American poeple, through congress.
This is the tyranny we were warned about, when your government seeks and acts to do the people harm. The founders were pretty damned insightful.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#21 May 17, 2013
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News By a 2-to-1 margin, Americans prefer Obamacare ... 3 min IMpeach Now 388
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,565,655
News 'Let Obamacare fail,' Trump says after GOP plan... 10 min something tells me 75
News Hick Hopper Kid Rock Running for Senate 15 min Oh shush up 2
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 15 min Lol 1,558
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 17 min Mnbvc 559
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min nanoanomaly 221,962
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min Mnbvc 16,886
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr MORE 279,909
News President Trump's new message man Anthony Scara... 2 hr Maxxx_Payne 74
More from around the web