'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276670 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“French Cocoa Party”

Since: Jan 08

Keynesian Fields

#193929 Aug 6, 2009
EU disses Mahmoud.

At least Obama went unilateral, on this one.

Where's Gibbs?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08-06...
Strelitzia reginae

Atlanta, GA

#193930 Aug 6, 2009
So now Obama says he may have to abandon attempts to craft a bipartisan health bill. The Republicans discarded the Democrats first thing when they took power earlier in the decade. They didn't give a flip about bipartisanship.

Obama has said all along he values bipartisanship and truly wants Republicans to work with Democrats on a health bill. Now Obama may just be posturing to gain independents' votes, because independents value bipartisanship highly.

I will be glad to see Obama discard efforts at bipartisanship. The Republicans have no interest in helping Obama achieve a huge legislative victory. All they care about are their doctor and insurance company CEO fat cat pals, and winning a political victory.

Republicans basically hate the American rank-and-file. Their attitude is hard to understand if you are a person with a conscience. Why would they put their political and economic interests above the interests of the huge, overwhelming majority of Americans? Probably for the same reason they utilize falsehoods and prevarications to advance their goals.

They are just mean and hateful, that is all there is to it. Mean and hateful are Republicans.
Strelitzia reginae

United States

#193931 Aug 6, 2009
mook wrote:
<quoted text>whats up faggetti?....hows your bunghole hanging up after your little meeting with pierrie last night?.......the homo jokes a little much for you scumbag?....I hope so....I hope someone push's you off a cliff in your wheel chair this 4th of july...."butt" i'll settle for a flight of stares....LOL....drop dead fagetti!
Can you believe this guy? He hates gays and Jews. He really hates Jews, and he appears to live in New York city.

New York, Manhattan, that is a tough place to be if you hate Jews. There are Jews everywhere. There are more Jews in New York state than there are in Israel! This mook character must hate his life there.

There are a few gays in New York, I gather.

It could be that this guy mook lives and works and rubs elbows with so many Jews and gays, he has become disgusted with them and finds it humorous to stereotype them in racist and bigoted fashion.

Maybe a gay Jew raped mookie once, and now he hates Jews and gays.

Maybe mookie has what they used to call "latent homosexual tendencies" and to repress them, he overcompensates by harshly criticizing gays.

But why does he hate Jews? Is he an American Nazi, or perhaps Aryan Nation? Could be Arab or Muslim.

I bet mook is an American Nazi of Arab descent. Probably bleached his skin like Michael Jackson, blonded his hair, and now is known down at the beer hall as Klaus or Wolfgang.
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193932 Aug 6, 2009
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said I was American or what party I may, or may not, have an affinity to. I was part of the Communist Party a long, long time ago. Does that help?
Sorry, not a Republican, and don't listen to Rush. Your allegations don't hold enough water for Mr. English to sink his toy aircraft carrier.
As far as details, you apparently don't like them because it interferes when you are trying to impress the young and impressionable.
I'm neither. I iike details. Not sweeping BS.
But let me help you with a more concise list, including three important players not on your list -
Russia
Azerbijan
Iran
Turkmenistan
Kazakhstan
Caspian Sea. Look it up and do some research.
Proof beyond all doubt that this is your post and your own words.

You lie like a rug and a Neo-Con Bush Republican corporatist liar.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TBBSIQJBD6CFEED...
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193933 Aug 6, 2009
cheapshot canadian crust wrote:
<quoted text>wha me ?...lie?...when did I do that?
could you point it out so I don't do it again
since youu said another maybe u could point em both out
You lead me to believe you were in the top 1% of the wealthiest Americans.

When you were bragging how good the Bush/Cheney tax cuts were for you.
Strelitzia reginae

Scottsdale, AZ

#193934 Aug 6, 2009
Populist wrote:
<quoted text>
[arbitrageur] lie[s] like a rug and a Neo-Con Bush Republican corporatist liar.
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TBBSIQJBD6CFEED...
arb has written over and over that he is not a Republican. Yet he seems to take immense glee in any Democratic pratfall. Now he even claims to have been a member of the Communist Party, way back when.

OK, if he is not a Republican, just how does he feel about them?
Strelitzia reginae

Garden City, NY

#193935 Aug 6, 2009
The public at large wants to hear more about birthers. Especially about how birthers are passing around a forged Kenyan birth certificate purporting to show Obama's birth there.

I want this birther thing to go on and on. I hope the midterm elections are a referendum on whether Republicans are idiots or not.

I wish there was a birther here.

"COME OUT, COME OUT NOW, BIRTHERS. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIDE. COME OUT AND TELL US ABOUT HOW OBAMA'S PARENTS FAKED HIS HAWAIIAN BIRTH. COME OUT, COME OUT NOW, BIRTHERS."

Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193936 Aug 6, 2009
GJ Brain Damaged at Birth wrote:
<quoted text>It hardly matters what America did or does in the future. How much longer can they control or appease people who do not want them their?
Amen!

No country can occupy a people that does not want them there.

Sincerely,

Guerrilla Warfare

Since: Aug 09

SURGOINSVILLE TN

#193937 Aug 6, 2009
shane shriner fund
this donation LINK is for my son shane. he has DUCHENNE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY and is now permantly in a wheelchair and getting worse. there is a promising stem cell treatment for the disease and he was accepted for this treatment and it is avalible to him. it is in the Domenican Republic and the treatmant is $30.000 if your reading this then you know Shane. he is a great kid and does'nt deserve to be disabled. everyday he says "daddy when am i going to get my medicine" and i keep telling him "soon buddy soon" my wife and i dont make much money and certainly cant afford $30.000 but with your help iam hopeing to raise the money. iam willing to sell everything we have in order to raise the money. there is no funding for the treatment and social security turned him down several times and i dont know why.PLEASE HELP MY SON and if your able to please make a donation."EVERY LITTLE BIT WILL HELP. THANK YOU!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...
Strelitzia reginae

Chicago, IL

#193938 Aug 6, 2009
We all know that in the last few years the "sexy boys" in Congress have all been Republicans. They hire prostitutes, try to pick up men in restrooms, chase congressional pages man-on-boy, sex it up with their staffers and then have their mom send her money, and the best is that they get "lost" and go see their mistress in South America.

I used to think Republicans were stuffed shirts, accountant-types who were no fun at all. This latest bunch of Republicans like their sex, big time!

Sexy Republicans!
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193939 Aug 6, 2009
Strelitzia reginae wrote:
The public at large wants to hear more about birthers. Especially about how birthers are passing around a forged Kenyan birth certificate purporting to show Obama's birth there.
I want this birther thing to go on and on. I hope the midterm elections are a referendum on whether Republicans are idiots or not.
I wish there was a birther here.
"COME OUT, COME OUT NOW, BIRTHERS. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIDE. COME OUT AND TELL US ABOUT HOW OBAMA'S PARENTS FAKED HIS HAWAIIAN BIRTH. COME OUT, COME OUT NOW, BIRTHERS."
The Rightwing Neo-Con Bush Republicans are nothing but propagandist and liars!

Obama turned NINE Bush Red States Blue because even the Rednecks realized the Republicans never vote in their interest.

\\\\\\\\\\

House passes resolution that states Obama was born in Hawaii, 378-0.
This evening, the House passed a resolution sponsored by Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI) that commemorates Hawaii’s 50th anniversary as a U.S. state by a vote of 378-0. The resolution also contains this provision:“Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii,” a measure that some GOP members may have had trouble supporting. However, many of the Republican representatives who at expressed at least subtle doubt that Obama was not born in the U.S. voted for the resolution. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), who had earlier in the day prevented the resolution from coming to a voice vote on the House floor, and Rep. Bill Posey (R-FL), who sponsored a bill requiring presidential candidates to prove natural-born citizenship, both voted for the resolution. Rep. John Campbell (R-CA), a co-sponsor of Posey’s bill who expressed doubt about Obama’s citizenship last week on MSNBC, did not vote
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/07/27/obama-res...

Congress: Yes, Obama Was Born in Hawaii ( 378 - 0 )
July 28, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lhngae
Yesterday, an innocuous-sounding resolution in honor of the 50th anniversary of Hawaiian statehood came up for vote on the House floor.

The resolution from Hawaii Democrat Neil Abercrombie, which Greg Sargent first reported, included this line: "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii…"

Why is that notable? Because it's just the sort of claim that angers the birthers – the movement of folks who believe, against overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that President Obama was not really born in Hawaii, and is thus not a U.S. citizen.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/28/polit...
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193940 Aug 6, 2009
<quoted text>
arb has written over and over that he is not a Republican. Yet he seems to take immense glee in any Democratic pratfall. Now he even claims to have been a member of the Communist Party, way back when.
OK, if he is not a Republican, just how does he feel about them?
Hey how can you teach me that trick from being in Arizona and New York?

LOL

Arbs loves unamerican people like Bush and Cheney because they outted a covert CIA agent so they can lie about WMD in Iraq.

==========

Most if not all Bush Republican supporters are not conservatives. They are Neo-Cons who are apologist for the wealthiest top 1% percentile.

They have been thoroughly bamboozled for the last 30 years of rightwing propaganda and corrupt corporate mainstream media filter, which they believe is liberal!

Sincerely,
Eric Arthur Blair

==========

Bush Republicans are antidemocratic with an attraction to authoritarianism.

Liberals are always trying to enfranchise citizens and Bush Republicans always try to block some citizens from voting.( BLACKS & Latinos )!

Liberals defend the Constitution and long standing institutions like Social Security and Medicare.

Bush Republicans want the USA to go back to the Gilded Age and privatize Social Security and undo “The New Deal”!
Strelitzia reginae

Chicago, IL

#193941 Aug 6, 2009
I wonder how many social workers are Republicans?

I wonder how many Red Cross volunteers are Republicans? For that matter, I wonder if ANY volunteers are Republicans.

Do Republicans like the Salvation Army? After all, it does have "Army" in its name? Do Republicans like alcoholics and drug users? Sure they do, they like them in prison.

Where do Republicans have compassion? When Bush came up with "compassionate conservative," why did he have to do that? Is it because a garden-variety conservative typically has no compassion?

It certainly looked stupid to me for Bush to even coin the phrase, "compassionate conservative." It starkly pointed up the lack of compassion in the conservative movement.

Is "lack of compassion" the same thing as "callous?" What are other words that describe the state of "lack of compassion?"

Republicans would say that "lack of compassion" is synonymous with "businesslike" or "rational" or "calculating" or maybe "realistic."
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193942 Aug 6, 2009
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
He's succumbed to the "Nobel Lie" concept of Plato, and, at least according to another fabricator and liar, investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, is a classic symptom of the neo-cons.
Once you get that label, it's hard to shake off.
Now your calling a Pulitzer Prize winning Hersh a liar?

Only in the Bush Republican Limbaugh world is a truth teller called a liar.
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

#193943 Aug 6, 2009
We all know that in the last few years the "sexy boys" in Congress have all been Republicans. They hire prostitutes, try to pick up men in restrooms, chase congressional pages man-on-boy, sex it up with their staffers and then have their mom send her money, and the best is that they get "lost" and go see their mistress in South America.
I used to think Republicans were stuffed shirts, accountant-types who were no fun at all. This latest bunch of Republicans like their sex, big time!
Sexy Republicans!
Chip Pickering's Wife Claims He Had Affair
JACKSON, Miss.— The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip Pickering claims in a lawsuit that the Mississippi Republican had an affair that ruined their marriage and derailed his political career. July 16, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lghegl
Leisha Pickering said in the lawsuit filed this week that her husband and the woman dated in college, reconnected and began having an affair while he was in Congress and living in a building where several Christian lawmakers reside on C Street near the U.S. Capitol. Chip Pickering is the third Republican with ties to the building at 133 C Street SE to find his personal life making headlines in recent weeks, after Nevada U.S. Sen. John Ensign and South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford.
Leisha Pickering is seeking unspecified damages in the alienation of affection lawsuit she filed this week against Elizabeth Creekmore Byrd of Jackson. The Pickerings filed for divorce in June 2008, but it is not complete.
Chip Pickering, 45, was elected to Congress in 1996, retired in January and is now a lobbyist in Washington for Cellular South, the company Creekmore Byrd's family owns. The lawsuit does not say when the affair started.
He said in a statement Thursday that his marriage is irreparably damaged.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/17/chip...

==========

What’s up with C-Street?
July 12, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lszxlp
What is C-Street? The C-Street house in Washington DC is actually a former convent and now it’s registered as a church. It is run by what is called the Family and is used to provide housing for six to eight congressmen at any time, and provide spiritual direction for these congressmen or politicians. Two of the members of the C-Street Family are Senator John Ensign of Nevada, and Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina who seem to have more in common then simply this house in Washington.
http://www.examiner.com/x-11130-Birmingham-Li...
Strelitzia reginae

Atlanta, GA

#193944 Aug 6, 2009
Populist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Arbs loves unamerican people like Bush and Cheney because they outted a covert CIA agent so they can lie about WMD in Iraq.
==========
Most if not all Bush Republican supporters are not conservatives. They are Neo-Cons who are apologist for the wealthiest top 1% percentile.
They have been thoroughly bamboozled for the last 30 years of rightwing propaganda and corrupt corporate mainstream media filter, which they believe is liberal!
Sincerely,
Eric Arthur Blair
==========
Bush Republicans are antidemocratic with an attraction to authoritarianism.
Liberals are always trying to enfranchise citizens and Bush Republicans always try to block some citizens from voting.( BLACKS & Latinos )!
Liberals defend the Constitution and long standing institutions like Social Security and Medicare.
Bush Republicans want the USA to go back to the Gilded Age and privatize Social Security and undo “The New Deal”!
I have a really fast jet!

I am scared to death of authoritarianism and despotism, which seems to be exactly the kind of government that conservatives and Republicans desire. I accuse Republicans of loving a Nazi-style government, with super-strict law-and-order and maybe even some executions of some gays and liberals. None of them argue with me.

I think they are dangerous. I can't believe the sorta smart ones here, like arb, go along with their obviously narrow-group agenda.

In my opinion, American Republican only really care about 200 or so super-rich families in the US. Everyone else they consider to be dupes and fools.

I feel a little bit sorry for arb and ABs and even mook. I bet none of them makes enough money or has enough resources to be a real, top 1%, Republican.

“Never run from a fight.”

Since: Dec 06

Vista, Ca.

#193945 Aug 6, 2009
<quoted text>
From your cited article: "The former Democratic vice president, in the first of what aides said would be four speeches intended to set the agenda for the 2002 Congressional elections — and perhaps for another White House bid by Mr. Gore — went to great lengths to avoid being portrayed as criticizing a sitting president during a war."
So we really don't know for sure what Gore would have done. Maybe Gore would have attacked Afghanistan AND NOT ATTACKED Iraq. Attacking Iraq was crazy, crazy, crazy. Maybe some redneck Neanderthal Americans thought Saddam had something to do with 911, but Saddam hated Muslim extremists, and he personally was not a very religious man. Recall that for all their faults, Osama bin Laden and Dr. Zayman al-Zawahiri are VERY RELIGIOUS men.
I like to think Gore would have calmed Americans down after 911, rather than stirring them into a frenzy to attack someone, anyone, as did Bush and Cheney. But then again, Gore was not an oilman like Bush and Cheney, and his best friends were not energy company executives, as were Bush and Cheney's friends.
I doubt very seriously that the great environmentalist and enemy of global warming, Al Gore, would have carried water for the American petroleum industry by attacking Iraq and opening it up to foreign development/exploitation.
crusty, you prefer oil company executives over tree huggers like Gore. I prefer tree huggers. To each his own.
It’s always nice to have fresh uninformed additions to the forum. First you need to know why we were attacked on 9/11. This is not opinion as to why we were attacked, this is Osama’s declaration and justification for war.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorism/interna...

After reading it, you will understand that while Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, 9/11 had a lot to do with Iraq. We were not attacked by Afghanistan or even the Taliban. Our justification for going into Afghanistan was based on the Taliban aligning itself with al Qaeda, so we aligned ourselves with their enemy, the Northern Alliance and went in to kill or capture al Qaeda. Most of al Qaeda that was in Afghanistan fled to the tribal areas of Pakistan and at some point we will have to decide whether to invade there or demand the Pakistanis take care of it for us.

We can help you with your education, but you’ve got to want to learn.
Later we will explain why we had troops in the Muslim Holy Land and why we had sanctions and why nobody knew for sure whether or not Saddam had WMDs and why it was important to know.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#193946 Aug 6, 2009
<quoted text>
I doubt very seriously that the great environmentalist and enemy of global warming, Al Gore, would have carried water for the American petroleum industry by attacking Iraq and opening it up to foreign development/exploitation.
crusty, you prefer oil company executives over tree huggers like Gore. I prefer tree huggers. To each his own.
Pseudo-tree huggers, such as yourself, and your other personalities, might just have deep pockets, and slimy tentacles into the global change industry, like Big Al does, and his co-horts. You really should follow the money.

Is Carol Browner really your friend?

Let's see - global warming did not work out.
Climate change did not work out.

Now its global change.
Strelitzia reginae

Chicago, IL

#193947 Aug 6, 2009
Populist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
In all seriousness, I spent some time on some birther forums on Topix last week. I gave them a pretty hard time, and I thought they deserved it. For my trouble, they had me banned. So I found it necessary to "move around" a bit, to avoid Republican/Nazi/conservative attempts to silence my voice.

You see, there is nothing that stings a Republican more than the truth! It stings them like salt in a wound. They just can't stand it.

The way Republicans win arguments is by silencing the voices of their opponents. I don't even know if what I am typing right now will find its way to TWINO. Here goes ...

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#193948 Aug 6, 2009
<quoted text>
Can you believe this guy? He hates gays and Jews. He really hates Jews, and he appears to live in New York city.
New York, Manhattan, that is a tough place to be if you hate Jews. There are Jews everywhere. There are more Jews in New York state than there are in Israel! This mook character must hate his life there.
There are a few gays in New York, I gather.
It could be that this guy mook lives and works and rubs elbows with so many Jews and gays, he has become disgusted with them and finds it humorous to stereotype them in racist and bigoted fashion.
Maybe a gay Jew raped mookie once, and now he hates Jews and gays.
Maybe mookie has what they used to call "latent homosexual tendencies" and to repress them, he overcompensates by harshly criticizing gays.
But why does he hate Jews? Is he an American Nazi, or perhaps Aryan Nation? Could be Arab or Muslim.
I bet mook is an American Nazi of Arab descent. Probably bleached his skin like Michael Jackson, blonded his hair, and now is known down at the beer hall as Klaus or Wolfgang.
I'm thinking the same heritage as VDubya, but VDubya is the real neo-con.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016ers weigh in on Trump's 'blood' comment 7 min Le Jimbo 433
News Clinton: Republicans Want to Round Up Illegal I... 9 min serfs up 16
News Obama to wage climate fight at Alaskan frontline 9 min SpaceBlues 10
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min DanFromSmithville 173,402
News Slain WDBJ reporter's father hits senators 10 min serfs up 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min TSM 1,275,086
News How a county clerk is refusing to issue gay mar... 12 min Gremlin 4
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 32 min red and right 340,748
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min loose cannon 196,943
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 55 min Urineidiot 130
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr LeDuped 193,554
More from around the web