'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276635 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

ABs

Aiken, SC

#289428 Aug 16, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
If you’re wondering what the Republican future will look like, you need look no further than North Carolina
http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/ite...
Evil evil repubs!
Number 1: They have enacted a voter suppression campaign with very strict voter ID requirements!!!
OMG! How dispicable! Actually make voters prove they are US citizens eligible to vote? WTF??? Onconstitutional bahstahds!

Number 2: I do not have any figures on what will happen to class sizes in North Carolina but I have been told by a senior K-12 educator who follows education developments nationally that in some states facing similar draconian cuts, class size will possibly rise to 50(!)

Wait a phruucking miniminite! Repub dominated NC draconian changes yet the writer states that other states facing these cuts will "PROBABLY" rise to 50??? You know, states like evil repub strongholds of Michigan and Illinois? LOL, no wonder you would marry this guy francis...he is as half baked and ignorantly biased as you are...

I am not saying that you are stupid francis, all I am saying is that you have reallly reallllly bad luck when it comes to thinking...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289429 Aug 16, 2013
So comrade MUQ...where for arte thou? Has King ABsdullah banned you from return to KSA for to much internet use? We have so much to discuss, surely you have not given up on the split moon conspiracy? And oh yea, 9-11...

You may want to add Egypt to your places NOT for vacation...running out of people freindly muslim nations to go to anymore aren't you?
iava org

Edison, NJ

#289430 Aug 16, 2013
USA Knew About 9/11 Two Years Earlier!
With their huge intelligence network, the USA did not manage to stop the WTC attacks, even by overstepping all possible authorities.
http://tinyurl.com/65n7by / Oct. 17, 2008
James Bamford reveals some shocking facts in his latest book “The Shadow Factory”, of which the most innocent allegations are those of wiretapping and violating the privacy of Americans.
The claim that is stressed the most is that the secret services, first and foremost the “No Such Agency”(as the NSA is sometimes ironically called), knew about the perpetrators of the September 11 attacks two years before the attacks were carried out. Not only that, but that the attackers were in the “backyard” of the NSA and that is where they carried out their calls that were recorded and which were easily traced.
In an interview published on Democracy Now!, Amy Goodman, a well known American investigative journalist, talked with James Bamford, the author of numerous books about the American secret services, which covered the activities of the NSA for the last three decades.
Bamford talked about his latest book “The Shadow Factory” with military reservist and former sergeant of the military intelligence service Adrienne Kinne and navy linguist David Murfee Faulk, two very unpopular people inside the NSA recently. They warned of disputed activities of that branch of the American government.
Humanitarians, non governmental institutions and US citizens were monitored
http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php...
iava org

Edison, NJ

#289431 Aug 16, 2013
ABs wrote:
So comrade MUQ...where for arte thou? Has King ABsdullah banned you from return to KSA for to much internet use? We have so much to discuss, surely you have not given up on the split moon conspiracy? And oh yea, 9-11...
You may want to add Egypt to your places NOT for vacation...running out of people freindly muslim nations to go to anymore aren't you?
I was thinking the same thing.

Where in the world is MUQ. LOL

It wasn't that long ago that this thread was packed with people 24/7. LOL

I even left for awhile. LOL

I guess the smart ones took off.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289432 Aug 16, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil evil repubs!
Number 1: They have enacted a voter suppression campaign with very strict voter ID requirements!!!
OMG! How dispicable! Actually make voters prove they are US citizens eligible to vote? WTF??? Onconstitutional bahstahds!
Number 2: I do not have any figures on what will happen to class sizes in North Carolina but I have been told by a senior K-12 educator who follows education developments nationally that in some states facing similar draconian cuts, class size will possibly rise to 50(!)
Wait a phruucking miniminite! Repub dominated NC draconian changes yet the writer states that other states facing these cuts will "PROBABLY" rise to 50??? You know, states like evil repub strongholds of Michigan and Illinois? LOL, no wonder you would marry this guy francis...he is as half baked and ignorantly biased as you are...
I am not saying that you are stupid francis, all I am saying is that you have reallly reallllly bad luck when it comes to thinking...
So you actually think republicans are evil? Maybe not so much evil but they are liars and manipulators - why would they assume that everyone that votes is cheating or is voting illegally? If they want a National ID fine, instead of penalizing college kids and the elder African Americans with their pseudo voter ID? It just happens to be the voter block that votes mostly democrat – how convenient! It wasn't so long ago that the republicans tried the same crap with blacks making them pass a test and pay a tax to vote. A national ID is really pretty simple: It's just a way of identifying people. I won’t stop terrorism or stop identity theft. But it would be a way for employers to make sure they hire only legal residents. It would be handy for the poor and the unbanked who don't have ready access to secure ID as they won’t go away anytime soon, unless the t-bagers have their way by interning them. It might even make emergency medicine easier if it allowed more reliable access to digital medical records.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#289433 Aug 17, 2013
911 Reasons why 9/11 was (probably) an inside job. PART-: 16

http://rt.com/Top_News/2009-09-12/911-reason-...

Disappearance of Flight 77 after hitting the Pentagon

92. Whenever an airplane crashes, we are only too familiar with grim television news reports that show close-up footage of physical wreckage, including engines, seats, luggage, and wheel assemblies. But this is the truly inexplicable thing about the crash of Flight 77 into the Pentagon: there is practically no sign of a wrecked aircraft after the crash. All that remains of Flight 77 is about a dozen small pieces, most of which can be lifted by hand.

93. On September 9, 1994, US Air Flight 427 crashed into a wooded area outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. According to data retrieved from the plane’s black box, the plane went into a vertical roll at a height of 3,600 feet just after the captain announced an emergency. Witnesses at the scene told investigators that the plane “dove into the ground at full speed.”

94. Despite slamming into the ground at a great speed and distance and exploding, large remains of the aircraft were nevertheless discovered over a wide area.

“The largest part of the plane… believed to be the tail,” reported the Emergency Net news Service.“Bits of baggage, shredded parts of the plane, and severed limbs are reportedly strewn over a large area.”

95. Compare this routine crash scene with that reported (once) by a CNN anchor from his “close-up inspection” at the Pentagon:

“From my close-up inspection, there’s no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon,” he commented live from the scene.“The only pieces left that you can see are small enough that you can pick up in your hand. There are no large tail sections, wing sections, a fuselage, nothing like that anywhere around which would indicate that the entire plane crashed into the side of the Pentagon.”

96. There was also a firsthand report from a fighter pilot who was ordered by Major General Larry Arnold, the commander of NORAD, the agency that is charged with protecting the airspace over North America.

According to Honegger, the senior journalist with the U.S. Department of Defense, the pilot made an overpass of the crash zone and reported back to command center that “there was no evidence, zero evidence, of an impact of a plane at the Pentagon.”

97.As questions over the whereabouts of the mysteriously disappearing aircraft began to mount, the Department of the Defense began to support the theory that Flight 77 simply “vaporized” due to the speed that it was traveling.

So, in addition to being forced to accept the new science that steel buildings collapse due to fire, we are also expected to swallow yet another

“unprecedented event” that happened on that truly mysterious morning of September 11: all those practically indestructible components of an aircraft – engines, landing gear, tail and wings – just vaporized into thin air.

98. The engines of a Boeing 757-200 are about 9 feet long and composed of titanium, the strongest of metals that resists melting even at 3,000 degrees Celsius. So why was there no evidence of these engines against the wall of the Pentagon? The two big holes that we would expect to see are not there. There should have been a line of complete destruction before the collapse of the building’s external wall. It’s simply not there. Instead, where the wings of the aircraft should have struck the building, in cooperation with the mighty engines, there are unbroken windows clearly visible.

Your comments Mr. AB s?
headlines

AOL

#289434 Aug 17, 2013

ISRAEL "dissolving" MUSLIM Dome of Rock --

ABs

Cumming, GA

#289435 Aug 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
911 Reasons why 9/11 was (probably) an inside job. PART-: 16
Disappearance of Flight 77 after hitting the Pentagon
92. Whenever an airplane crashes, we are only too familiar with grim television news reports that show close-up footage of physical wreckage, including engines, seats, luggage, and wheel assemblies. But this is the truly inexplicable thing about the crash of Flight 77 into the Pentagon: there is practically no sign of a wrecked aircraft after the crash. All that remains of Flight 77 is about a dozen small pieces, most of which can be lifted by hand.
93. On September 9, 1994, US Air Flight 427 crashed into a wooded area outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. According to data retrieved from the plane’s black box, the plane went into a vertical roll at a height of 3,600 feet just after the captain announced an emergency. Witnesses at the scene told investigators that the plane “dove into the ground at full speed.”
94. Despite slamming into the ground at a great speed and distance and exploding, large remains of the aircraft were nevertheless discovered over a wide area.
“The largest part of the plane… believed to be the tail,” reported the Emergency Net news Service.“Bits of baggage, shredded parts of the plane, and severed limbs are reportedly strewn over a large area.”
95. Compare this routine crash scene with that reported (once) by a CNN anchor from his “close-up inspection” at the Pentagon:
“From my close-up inspection, there’s no evidence of a plane having crashed anywhere near the Pentagon,” he commented live from the scene.“The only pieces left that you can see are small enough that you can pick up in your hand. There are no large tail sections, wing sections, a fuselage, nothing like that anywhere around which would indicate that the entire plane crashed into the side of the Pentagon.”
96. There was also a firsthand report from a fighter pilot who was ordered by Major General Larry Arnold, the commander of NORAD, the agency that is charged with protecting the airspace over North America.
According to Honegger, the senior journalist with the U.S. Department of Defense, the pilot made an overpass of the crash zone and reported back to command center that “there was no evidence, zero evidence, of an impact of a plane at the Pentagon.”
97.As questions over the whereabouts of the mysteriously disappearing aircraft began to mount, the Department of the Defense began to support the theory that Flight 77 simply “vaporized” due to the speed that it was traveling.
So, in addition to being forced to accept the new science that steel buildings collapse due to fire, we are also expected to swallow yet another
“unprecedented event” that happened on that truly mysterious morning of September 11: all those practically indestructible components of an aircraft – engines, landing gear, tail and wings – just vaporized into thin air.
98. The engines of a Boeing 757-200 are about 9 feet long and composed of titanium, the strongest of metals that resists melting even at 3,000 degrees Celsius. So why was there no evidence of these engines against the wall of the Pentagon? The two big holes that we would expect to see are not there. There should have been a line of complete destruction before the collapse of the building’s external wall. It’s simply not there. Instead, where the wings of the aircraft should have struck the building, in cooperation with the mighty engines, there are unbroken windows clearly visible.
Your comments Mr. AB s?
You quote this...I quote that...lets cut to the chase shall we? Do you go with the white plane firing a missile under flight 77 as it flew over the pentagon and took a 270 degree at 80 degree arc wingpitched turn to the shortest of the landing strips at Reagan National?

I do wonder why the people listed on flight 77 manifesto never went home then, how about you? Ever wonder why they never made it home...
ABs

Cumming, GA

#289436 Aug 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
So you actually think republicans are evil? Maybe not so much evil but they are liars and manipulators - why would they assume that everyone that votes is cheating or is voting illegally? If they want a National ID fine, instead of penalizing college kids and the elder African Americans with their pseudo voter ID? It just happens to be the voter block that votes mostly democrat – how convenient! It wasn't so long ago that the republicans tried the same crap with blacks making them pass a test and pay a tax to vote. A national ID is really pretty simple: It's just a way of identifying people. I won’t stop terrorism or stop identity theft. But it would be a way for employers to make sure they hire only legal residents. It would be handy for the poor and the unbanked who don't have ready access to secure ID as they won’t go away anytime soon, unless the t-bagers have their way by interning them. It might even make emergency medicine easier if it allowed more reliable access to digital medical records.
Yes, digital medical records for all illegals...love it, great idea francis...

Here's one for you, thank you to the revrun jethie jacksun...my property value in florida thanks you...

Boycott Florida - that's a good thing!

The "Reverend" Jesse Jackson (no records of him EVER being ordained as a member of any clergy exist), in the wake of the Trayvon Martin verdict, made this proclamation three days ago-

"I want all African Americans to know that it is time to boycott the whole state of Florida!!! No concerts, conventions or ball games. No vacations in the sunshine state and no orange juice. Stay away from Florida. Boycott anything FROM Florida!"

Fox News noted that almost instantly, the property values in Florida shot up and vacation spots began to sell out. The crime rate is expected to continue to fall to record lows until the boycott is over...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289437 Aug 17, 2013
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289438 Aug 17, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, digital medical records for all illegals...love it, great idea francis...
Here's one for you, thank you to the revrun jethie jacksun...my property value in florida thanks you...
Boycott Florida - that's a good thing!
The "Reverend" Jesse Jackson (no records of him EVER being ordained as a member of any clergy exist), in the wake of the Trayvon Martin verdict, made this proclamation three days ago-
"I want all African Americans to know that it is time to boycott the whole state of Florida!!! No concerts, conventions or ball games. No vacations in the sunshine state and no orange juice. Stay away from Florida. Boycott anything FROM Florida!"
Fox News noted that almost instantly, the property values in Florida shot up and vacation spots began to sell out. The crime rate is expected to continue to fall to record lows until the boycott is over...
Huh? What the f***....
iava org

Edison, NJ

#289440 Aug 17, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote this...I quote that...lets cut to the chase shall we? Do you go with the white plane firing a missile under flight 77 as it flew over the pentagon and took a 270 degree at 80 degree arc wingpitched turn to the shortest of the landing strips at Reagan National?
I do wonder why the people listed on flight 77 manifesto never went home then, how about you? Ever wonder why they never made it home...
Barbara Olson was on flight 77 and Theodore Olson was in the Bush administration at that time.
iava org

Edison, NJ

#289441 Aug 17, 2013
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#289443 Aug 17, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I supply that info?

It was GWB the Great and his cronies who were ruling USA those days.

What they were supposed to do? Pick up and bury the dead?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#289444 Aug 17, 2013
911 Reasons why 9/11 was (probably) an inside job. PART-: 17

What Hit Pentagon:?

99. Only a small hole, 16 foot (5 meters) in diameter, was visible in the side of the Pentagon 45 minutes before the wall collapsed. Certainly, a Boeing 757-200, which weighs over 100 tons, carries a much larger footprint.

Boeing 757’s are 150 feet long. The engines of these monster aircraft are 9 feet long. The landing gear also contains huge metal components, made of titanium, that are virtually indestructible. How can 60 tons of airplane vanish into thin air with barely a trace?

100.“There’s no indication of the wings hitting anything at the Pentagon,” says Capt. Russ Wittemberg, a 30-year veteran of military and civilian aviation.

“Perhaps at a certain moment,” quipped Dario Fo, a Nobel Prize winner,“the airplane somehow closed up its wings, just as dragon flies do, and the plane entered the hole!”

101.“I look at the hole in the Pentagon,” said Maj. General Albert Stubblebine, whose former job was to measure pieces of Soviet equipment taken from photographs during the Cold War,“and I look at the size of the airplane that was supposed to have hit the Pentagon, and the plane does not fit in that hole.”

Stubblebine then asked, with no lack of emotion:“So what did hit the Pentagon? What’s going on?”

102. Whatever it was that hit the Pentagon on 9/11, it slammed through 6 massive walls before leaving a nearly perfect circular exit hole deep inside the military complex that measured approximately 12 feet across. In other words, nothing remotely resembling an airplane.

“With all the evidence readily available at the Pentagon crash site,” concludes Col. George Nelson, an aircraft accident investigator with the US Air Force,“any unbiased, rational investigator could only conclude that a Boeing 757 did not fly into the Pentagon.”

103. Not a single individual lost their job following the worst terrorist attacks to strike the United States; in fact, the military personnel directly responsible for protecting America's skies all received promotions shortly after 9/11.

Your comments Mr. AB s?
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Sunbury, PA

#289445 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
911 Reasons why 9/11 was (probably) an inside job. PART-: 17
What Hit Pentagon:?
99. Only a small hole, 16 foot (5 meters) in diameter, was visible in the side of the Pentagon 45 minutes before the wall collapsed. Certainly, a Boeing 757-200, which weighs over 100 tons, carries a much larger footprint.
Boeing 757’s are 150 feet long. The engines of these monster aircraft are 9 feet long. The landing gear also contains huge metal components, made of titanium, that are virtually indestructible. How can 60 tons of airplane vanish into thin air with barely a trace?
100.“There’s no indication of the wings hitting anything at the Pentagon,” says Capt. Russ Wittemberg, a 30-year veteran of military and civilian aviation.
“Perhaps at a certain moment,” quipped Dario Fo, a Nobel Prize winner,“the airplane somehow closed up its wings, just as dragon flies do, and the plane entered the hole!”
101.“I look at the hole in the Pentagon,” said Maj. General Albert Stubblebine, whose former job was to measure pieces of Soviet equipment taken from photographs during the Cold War,“and I look at the size of the airplane that was supposed to have hit the Pentagon, and the plane does not fit in that hole.”
Stubblebine then asked, with no lack of emotion:“So what did hit the Pentagon? What’s going on?”
102. Whatever it was that hit the Pentagon on 9/11, it slammed through 6 massive walls before leaving a nearly perfect circular exit hole deep inside the military complex that measured approximately 12 feet across. In other words, nothing remotely resembling an airplane.
“With all the evidence readily available at the Pentagon crash site,” concludes Col. George Nelson, an aircraft accident investigator with the US Air Force,“any unbiased, rational investigator could only conclude that a Boeing 757 did not fly into the Pentagon.”
103. Not a single individual lost their job following the worst terrorist attacks to strike the United States; in fact, the military personnel directly responsible for protecting America's skies all received promotions shortly after 9/11.
Your comments Mr. AB s?
I suppose that you think Muslims were the victims. But you only have to take note in Eygpt and how many churches were burned
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#289446 Aug 18, 2013
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose that you think Muslims were the victims. But you only have to take note in Eygpt and how many churches were burned
And how many mosques are being burned now by Egyptian Military?

You would turn your face in other directions when Muslims are being killed, wont you?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#289447 Aug 18, 2013
I wonder what happened to our friend AB s? He seems to have gone underground (like GWB the Great did on the eve of 9/11)?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289449 Aug 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You would turn your face in other directions when Muslims are being killed, wont you?
Turn your face...you mean like these guys???

The backlash against Muslim Brotherhood rule in Egypt comes as secular forces across the Middle East are rising up in opposition to political Islam. Divisions reach from top leaders to the street.

Political leaders in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Jordan have sided with the Egyptian military and secularists who backed the July 3 ouster of President Mohammed Morsi.

On the streets of Cairo over the weekend, mobs and snipers attacked Morsi supporters, forcing security forces accused of slaughtering the Islamists to stand between them and the mob. The violence in Egypt echoes similar, though less deadly, backlashes against recently installed Islamic ruling parties in Turkey and Tunisia.

"The Egyptian uprising two years ago was against the Egyptian army," says Michael Rubin, a Middle East expert at the American Enterprise Institute. But after one year of Muslim Brotherhood rule, "Suddenly (Egyptians) are coming out in the streets seeing the army as their savior."

Egypt's anti-Brotherhood uprising has caused at least 900 deaths in clashes so far, with the latest deaths being 25 policemen killed Monday by masked gunmen on the Sinai Peninsula, an area of frequent clashes between Islamist militants and security forces. It comes after the May-June Gezi Park protests in Turkey against what protesters there described as the creeping authoritarianism of that country's Islamist ruling party and its president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

In Tunisia, the birthplace of the Arab Spring, the Islamist Ennhada party has been deadlocked with secularists demanding it step aside and allow a caretaker government to take charge. Secularists emboldened by Morsi's ouster in Egypt took to the streets there three weeks ago after the assassination of a second secularist politician this year by Islamist gunmen.

"We've seen a backlash against the first wave of political actors of the immediate post-revolutionary moment," says Robert Satloff, executive director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

Whether secularists "are making a play everywhere" is unclear, Satloff says, and Gulf states are following their own national interests.

Gulf states, led by Saudi Arabia, are supporting the Egyptian military against the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. But they are also supporting the Brotherhood in other arenas, such as Syria, where Brotherhood and other Islamist fighters are trying to topple a Shiite- and Iranian-backed tyrant, Bashar Assad.

The Gulf states want stability and to counter Shiite expansion in Syria and Iraq, so they support Islamists when it fits their national interests, Satloff says.

"If you're looking for consistency this is not the region to do it," he notes.

Aaron Zelin, who runs the Jihadology blog, an archive of primary source jihadi documents, says the Arab uprising caused people across the region to speak and act when they feel wronged by their leaders, but it's far too early to count the Islamists out.

The military crackdown in Egypt has brought together all the strands of Islamists, causing ultra-conservative Salafists to join with jihadists in backing the non-violent Brotherhood, Zelin said. All want an Islamist state, and they see the crackdown as an affront against them all.
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Springfield, NJ

#289451 Aug 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
what is good for the goose is good for the gander

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Truth is might 315,272
News Democrats' short-lived 2012 recall victory led ... 13 min anonymous 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 20 min Scout Larry 16,892
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 20 min Truth is might 24,371
News Naked man arrested was high on LSD chasing seag... 21 min anonymous 1
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... 26 min HOLLA ISABELLA 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Quirky 1,565,661
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min CodeTalker 279,910
News By a 2-to-1 margin, Americans prefer Obamacare ... 2 hr IMpeach Now 388
News President Trump's new message man Anthony Scara... 4 hr Maxxx_Payne 74
More from around the web