'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276640 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Never run from a fight.”

Since: Dec 06

Vista, Ca.

#281428 Jul 12, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? That is your take-away – aren’t you some sort of engineer? No wait, you must be a rightwing-economist-hack ;-/
Think of the American economy as a large apartment block. A century ago – or even 30 years ago – it was the object of envy. But in the last generation its character has started to change. The penthouses at the top keep getting larger and more luxurious. The apartments in the middle are feeling more and more squeezed and a bit shabby, the basement has flooded altogether. To round it off, the only working elevator goes straight to the top. It is otherwise known as the great “Middle Class Squeeze’! The middle class’s wealth has fallen by close to 40 percent as a result of the financial crisis, and is now at the same level as it was 20 years ago. The middle class, that great engine of the ever-expanding American economy is out of cash – it’s all gone to the top.
Wealth isn't a finite element made to be shared. Wealth is created and that is what Americans were good at. Did Bill Gates enrich the world or did he steal from it. Same for the Wright Brothers, Henry Ford, and many more.
While the Rich have gotten richer, the Middle Class has a far better life than Kings and Queens of 100 years ago. I don't envy the Rich. If they all went out tomorrow and bought themselves 787s so much the better for me.
We are not out of cash. As Roosevelt said "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself". Europe is in flux, predictions of another downturn, all are contributing to the fear.

BTW--the Rich are scared too.

“French Cocoa Party”

Since: Jan 08

Keynesian Fields

#281429 Jul 12, 2012
Reinhard Gelhen wrote:
Like Most Neocons, Mitt Romney Avoided the Draft During Vietnam ...
Jun 8, 2012 ... Mitt Romney has built his international relations team out of many, if not most, of
the same neocons whose “bomb first, ask questions never”...
http://www.pensitoreview.com/2012/06/08/like-... - 42k -
Biden signed on with with PNAC. Did Romney?

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#281430 Jul 12, 2012
frank wrote:
The IRS estimates that about $5 trillion in assets are held worldwide in tax havens by mega wealthy Americans like Romney, which costs Uncle Sam about $100 billion in revenue annually. It makes one wonder, why does he want to be your president, what exactly is his agenda – I bet it doesn’t include you or me! Romney and his fellow GOPers have repeatedly argued that raising taxes on "job creators" would harm the economy. The release of multiple years of Romney's tax records would clearly show that it is not true. What or who are this “job creators?” Some sort of magical being that can wave a wand whenever it please and puff – jobs everywhere? When in fact the only people that create jobs are we, the middle class going shopping, buying cars and groceries and all kinds of other shit that we don’t even need -- that is what creates the demand to manufacture goods and as a result – JOBS!!!! Jobs are a consequence of a circle-of-life like feedback loop between customers and businesses. And only consumers can set in motion this virtuous cycle of increasing demand and hiring. I you were to start dozens of companies, and hired lots of people because Romney loaned you a gazillion $, but if there was no one around who could afford to buy what you had to sell, all those companies, and all those jobs, would quickly evaporate.
I'm thinking that the unemployment rate was much lower when the US was an early agricultural society.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#281431 Jul 12, 2012
Dave C wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealth isn't a finite element made to be shared. Wealth is created and that is what Americans were good at. Did Bill Gates enrich the world or did he steal from it. Same for the Wright Brothers, Henry Ford, and many more.
While the Rich have gotten richer, the Middle Class has a far better life than Kings and Queens of 100 years ago. I don't envy the Rich. If they all went out tomorrow and bought themselves 787s so much the better for me.
We are not out of cash. As Roosevelt said "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself". Europe is in flux, predictions of another downturn, all are contributing to the fear.
BTW--the Rich are scared too.
If Frankly could just force people to spend their money, like Obamacare, the economy would rebound, taxes would be paid, and excessive government spending would make Congress happy.

Demand side economics would be easier to explain.

But then he would just be another greedy bastard, wouldn't he, wanting others to spend and not save?

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#281432 Jul 12, 2012
Frankly is opening his wallet to buy more and more things and raise more sales tax before moving south to San Bernadino.

California bankruptcies are only the beginning

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/12/news/economy/...

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#281433 Jul 12, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? That is your take-away – aren’t you some sort of engineer? No wait, you must be a rightwing-economist-hack ;-/
Think of the American economy as a large apartment block. A century ago – or even 30 years ago – it was the object of envy. But in the last generation its character has started to change. The penthouses at the top keep getting larger and more luxurious. The apartments in the middle are feeling more and more squeezed and a bit shabby, the basement has flooded altogether. To round it off, the only working elevator goes straight to the top. It is otherwise known as the great “Middle Class Squeeze’! The middle class’s wealth has fallen by close to 40 percent as a result of the financial crisis, and is now at the same level as it was 20 years ago. The middle class, that great engine of the ever-expanding American economy is out of cash – it’s all gone to the top.
But yet it is still the world's largest middle class ever.

If you pay more taxes, Frankly, you can make things right/
rider

Gwinn, MI

#281435 Jul 12, 2012
Sandy wrote:
http://www.democraticundergrou nd.com/discuss/duboard.php?az= view_all&address=439x22934 76
Sandy did you hear about the Korner Group's dog. Crusty was over heard saying to Chazmo that "I think the dog is gay." Chazmo inquires "why do you think that"? Crusty says, "because his dick tastes like shit."
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#281436 Jul 12, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
MUQ your words are pointed in the wrong direction the world is protecting Israel ,have you noticed ?
I know but there should be someone swimming against the tide also. One should try to speak the truth, how so much people do not like it to hear.

If there is darkness everywhere, someone should try to bring light, might be a very small candle, it would at least remove some of the darkness.
Gosch Foundation

Gwinn, MI

#281437 Jul 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know but there should be someone swimming against the tide also. One should try to speak the truth, how so much people do not like it to hear.
If there is darkness everywhere, someone should try to bring light, might be a very small candle, it would at least remove some of the darkness.
Long used as a tactic by organized crime to control political figures, Sandusky's compromising lifestyle has many asking the degree to which Penn State’s program was corrupted by organized crime and whether the Second Mile Foundation was in any way linked to the Franklin Cover-Up which involved key political figures during the same time period at Omaha Nebraska’s Boys Town.
Frank Noonan, Pennsylvania Police Commissioner and former FBI Special Agent, could not be reached for comment, nor was it immediately apparent whether Noonan is related to the Reagan-Bush Presidential speech writer Peggy Noonan who coined the term “1000 Points of Light” for the George Herbert Walker Bush Presidential campaign. The Second Mile Foundation was recognized as one of President Bush’s 1000 Points of Light. The Franklin Savings case provides evidence that the practices uncovered in Omaha went straight to Washington D.C.'s highest political circles, but so may Happy Valley.
Former Governor Ed Rendell whose crusty appearance and speech gives the impression of a stereotypical Mafiaoso-type, has admitted his longstanding friendship with Pennsylvania mob figure, Louis De Naples, Jr.. Rendell could not be reached for his take on the Sandusky/Penn State scandal, but sources close to Rendell said….“It was Louisiana’s Hewey P. Long who used to say ‘I have this election in my back pocket unless I’m discovered in bed with a dead woman or a live boy.’ Mobsters know that if you want to control someone you get them in a compromising position like the one Sandusky provided for the whole Penn State athletic program and University System. It’s a ticket to robbery and plunder.”
WINSIP CUSTER: Jerry Sandusky, Second Mile Foundation and ...
Nov 8, 2011 ... Jerry Sandusky saw his Second Mile Foundation as an opportunity, but what ...
Mile Foundation was in any way linked to the Franklin Cover-Up ...

http://winsipcuster.blogspot.com/2011/11/jerr ...- 102k - Cached - Similar Pages
Child Sexual Abuse at Penn State: pimping boys to rich donors
That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to ....(
August 2009) about the Franklin child abuse cover-up: The Franklin ...

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php ...- 239k
Gosch Foundation

Gwinn, MI

#281438 Jul 13, 2012
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden signed on with with PNAC. Did Romney?
When was that? After 2001? Thanks for being so transparent with your coin-tel-pro agenda! Rumnuts has recently signed up with the New PNAC!

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#281439 Jul 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What would Allah do ?
courteous Europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#281440 Jul 13, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text> Sandy did you hear about the Korner Group's dog. Crusty was over heard saying to Chazmo that "I think the dog is gay." Chazmo inquires "why do you think that"? Crusty says, "because his dick tastes like shit."
I love my dog.

What type of pet do you own ,Maam?
courteous Europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#281441 Jul 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Isreal has no "internal" affairs, it is an usurpation and has to be dissolved to bring matters to their right course.
peacefully, right MUQ?
courteous Europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#281442 Jul 13, 2012
Gosch Foundation wrote:
<quoted text>When was that? After 2001? Thanks for being so transparent with your coin-tel-pro agenda! Rumnuts has recently signed up with the New PNAC!
What, or whose >agenda< was/is being followed in Libya, Maam?

The same one being followed in Pakistan ,Yemen>>> etc etc or is it a different one?
courteous Europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#281443 Jul 13, 2012
Gosch Foundation wrote:
<quoted text>When was that? After 2001? Thanks for being so transparent with your coin-tel-pro agenda! Rumnuts has recently signed up with the New PNAC!
an I think the Don,ster has been on the phone talkin with Jo and O

The United States has deployed a fleet of robot subs in the Gulf to prevent Iran from blocking the strategic Strait of Hormuz with mines in the event of a crisis, officials say.

The "SeaFox" drone "has been deployed in the Fifth fleet AOR," which includes the Gulf and the Arabian Sea, a Navy official told AFP news agency on Thursday, confirming information first reported in the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

The undersea drone, about four feet (1.2 meters) long and equipped with a camera and sonar, is guided by a cable from a ship.

German manufacturer Atlas Electronik says the drone has a range of about 3,200 feet (1,000 meters) and carries an explosive to destroy mines.

US military installations in the Gulf [Al Jazeera]

"SeaFox devices will be employed from MCMs," or mine counter-measure ships, in the Gulf, the Navy official said.

Fears of a closure of the Straight of Hormuz -- through which about a fifth of the world's traded oil passes -- intensified earlier this year after Iran threatened to close it if Western governments kept up efforts to rein in Tehran's controversial nuclear programme by choking off its oil exports.

In response, the US military has been bolstering its presence in the region.

It sent four mine sweeper ships in early June, joining four other mine sweeping vessels already in the region, according to the Fifth Fleet.

The Navy also has MH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters and USS Ponce, an old amphibious warship that has been converted into a "floating base," stationed in Bahrain, home to the Fifth Fleet headquarters.

And in late April, a squadron of F-22 stealth fighters was sent to the Al Dhaafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates.

Iran has an arsenal of about 2,000 sea mines that can be laid by any one of its dozen submarines or its many speed boats.
courteous Europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#281444 Jul 13, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
What would Allah do ?
Listen

courteous Europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#281445 Jul 13, 2012
Gosch Foundation wrote:
The United States ramped up pressure on Iran’s ability to export oil on Thursday, identifying Tehran’s main tanker firm and exposing dozens of its vessels as government-controlled entities.

In the latest set of measures designed to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, the U.S. Treasury identified the National Iranian Tanker Company (NITC), 58 of its vessels and 27 of its affiliates as extensions of the state, which would undermine Iran’s attempts to use renamed, disguised vessels to evade sanctions, the department said.

The identifications, which also included naming what Washington said were four front companies for Iran’s state oil enterprise, would help countries and foreign companies comply with Western penalties against Iran.

An Obama administration official said the measures would have some impact on Iran’s ability to sell oil.“It will make it that much more difficult for Iran to deceive potential purchasers about the origin of the oil,” the official told reporters.

U.S. companies and Americans are already prohibited from doing business with entities controlled by Iran’s government.

The National Iranian Tanker Company changed the names and flags of many of its oil tankers ahead of a European Union ban on Iranian oil imports. That included swapping Maltese and Cypriot flags for Tuvalu and Tanzanian ones.

pknuckler
Gosch Foundation

Gwinn, MI

#281447 Jul 13, 2012
courteous Europhobe wrote:
<quoted text>What, or whose >agenda< was/is being followed in Libya, Maam?
The same one being followed in Pakistan ,Yemen>>> etc etc or is it a different one?
The Fourth Reich's. You should know that by now!
Gosch Foundation

Gwinn, MI

#281448 Jul 13, 2012
courteous Europhobe wrote:
<quoted text>Listen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sqDu0z9DjJEXX
Heraldry is both a science and an art form. Developing out of the emblems and insignia born upon shields and banners during battle, heralrdy as a profession encompasses not only the devising, granting, and blazoning of arms, but also the tracing of genealogies, and determining and ruling on questions of rank or protocol. This dictionary, however, is only concerned with the first of these aspects of heraldry.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#281449 Jul 13, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on whether you are in a rip current or not. Swimming against the tide will not save you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Winchester 14,661
News 2 years after Ferguson, recriminations roil gov... 2 min Captain Yesterday 15
News Rendell says Wasserman Schultz shouldn't take t... 3 min Captain Yesterday 7
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,403,796
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 4 min Captain Yesterday 62
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 4 min payme 1,018
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,913
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min Really 391,150
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 22 min NotSoDivineMsM 95
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 27 min spocko 177
More from around the web