Fewer moderates in Congress, more gri...

Fewer moderates in Congress, more gridlock?

There are 26 comments on the CBS News story from Nov 25, 2012, titled Fewer moderates in Congress, more gridlock?. In it, CBS News reports that:

When the next Congress cranks up in January, there will be more women, many new faces and fewer tea party-backed House Republicans from the class of 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#23 Nov 28, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's see, we didn't get health care reform, the GOP got that. We didn't get the Afghan war ended, the GOP got it to continue. We didn't get the Iraq war ended in a timely fashion. We didn't get investigations into the criminality of the bush white house. We didn't get investment to get the economy going. We didn't get repeal of the Pat Act. We didn't get the gigantic bush federal government size reduced. We didn't get jobs. We didn't get reform of education. We didn't even get democrats in positions to do anything.
Your point was the the dems are whining because they didn't get everything. It is correct that the dems didn't get everything, because Obama is a republican and should have changed his political affiliation before the election.
You don't like Obama because he has a democrat label. I don't like Obama because all his policies are republican. No wonder the economy can't recover.
So what should a person do, when all the policies are wrong? Just sit there and allow the nation to go down the tubes?
Pretty muh everything you said is true.
That's why I didnt vote for Obama.
I don't vote for labels, but apparently you did.
Don't whine to me about what you got.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Nov 28, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty muh everything you said is true.
That's why I didnt vote for Obama.
I don't vote for labels, but apparently you did.
Don't whine to me about what you got.
Do you know who I voted for? It wasn't Romney, too much of a psychopath. It wasn't Obama for the reasons I gave. Guess again. Here is a hint. I don't belong to any political party.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#25 Nov 28, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know who I voted for? It wasn't Romney, too much of a psychopath. It wasn't Obama for the reasons I gave. Guess again. Here is a hint. I don't belong to any political party.
Good for you. A man of principle. Sorry to have misjudged you.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#26 Dec 6, 2012
The White House is not responsible for polarizing the Congress, only.
The nation and world are more polarized and less safe.
Bob Lewis

AOL

#27 Dec 6, 2012
Yesterday, Sec of Treasurey Geithner told CNBC that Pres Obama is willing to go off the Fiscal Cliff driving the Economy into Recession, costing thousands of jobs, and raising taxes on everyone who pays taxes not just the rich, and destroying billions in value of 401K plans..........having made the political calculation that the dibilitating economic devastation will be worthwhile IF he can BLAME OTHERS and get gain as few as TWO new Far Left Progressives in Congress IN 2014.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#28 Dec 6, 2012
Cliff diving was his intention all along. There is no 'deal' to satisfy that need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Jay 225,158
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min syamsu 197,527
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 7 min Go Blue Forever 141
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min Three Psyche 1,083
News Joe Biden's Columbus destination: Jeni's Ice Cream 9 min They cannot kill ... 28
News Leaders pleading for peace in Chicago after wav... 10 min Go Blue Forever 5
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 12 min NotSoDivineMsM 384,452
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min My New Alias RULES 1,383,839
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 3 hr californio 1,061
More from around the web