Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20779 Feb 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Smith screwed his wives, all your BS isn't going to change that.
conjugal visits would be a better Christian way to say it.

But as you know in his day a marriage was not official unless consummated with in three months. So it goes with out saying if one is just a little educated about the era J.S. lived in one knows he would of consummated them or they would not have been consider a marriage.

concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20780 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... and that comes from a guy that prefers to lie than to speak truth. You made several out right lies about me just concerning Topix. So you proved telling lies about someone was more important than not telling lies.
You're a self proved liar. Real Christians avoid 'purposeful' lies. Since you told 'purposeful' lies that exempts you from being a 'real Christian'. You're a lying fake Christian. Nice job :)
I would request one thing of you.

Release comments on your user name so we can see when and what you have posted since 2008?

Ya I thought you'd say no to that

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20781 Feb 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Dana,
You TRY to TWIST EVERYTHING possible.
You LIE constantly.
//
AND, you constantly fetish on everyone's genitals and underwear.
YOU MOCK GOD the FATHER.
NOTHING YOU SAY CHANGES THE FACT THAT GOD WILL WIN IN THE END!
I mock Mormonism Carol, and all your hissy fits isn't going to change that.

Marysville, CA

#20782 Feb 27, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
But as you know in his day a marriage was not official unless consummated with in three months. So it goes with out saying if one is just a little educated about the era J.S. lived in one knows he would of consummated them or they would not have been consider a marriage.
I know. But "screw" is a more visual and emotion term for No Surprise, and yet still very accurate way of describing what Smith was really doing. He didn't love those women, he used them and dump them like a common animal with no concern for anybody and anything but his own lust. Mormons want pretty words and descriptions of his atrocities so they can pretend it wasn't that big of a deal. They won't come to the truth of his actions until they feel the impact of them, the violation.
It drives No Surprise crazy when I use those terms.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20783 Feb 27, 2013
cut for space........
MY RESPONSE IN CAPITALS NOT SCREAMING.
Did Smith consummate these illegal marriages? Uncertain. Abundance of rumours and hearsay lean to possible yes. Lack of births from a single wife lean to possible no.
Did Smith do these illegal marriages for the purpose of sexual gratification? No evidence at all for such an opinion. Smith illegally married over 30 women in three years. If Smith had a strong sex drive and lust for sexual activity, the odds are that Smith should have had at least, several children born from some of these 30 plus wives he was having so much purported sexual activity with in a three year period.

FIRST DUMB DUMB YOU HAVE NOT THOUGHT THIS THROUGH AGAIN AND YOU ARE MAKING IT UP AS YOU GO HERE IS THE PROOF. YOUR POST ABOVE ADMITS HE MARRIED ALREADY MARRIED WOMEN HUSBANDS STILL ALIVE.
With all these children, Smith factually could have been arrested for bigamy many times over as many wives he supposedly was having consistent sex with.

ONE OF THE REASONS HE WAS TO BE TRANSFERED ON THE DAY HE DIED IN HIS JAIL HOUSE SHOT OUT WAS TO BE CHARGED WITH EXACLTY WHAT YOU POST BIGAMY BUT HE DIED BEFORE THE TRIAL.
NOW YOU ARE ONE OF HIS MANY WIVES WHAT YA GONNA DO. SAY ITS J.S.'S KID TO YOUR STILL LIVING HUSBAND OR TELL EM ITS HIS?

RHETORICAL QUESTION

AND THAT BEING SAID IF YOU GO TO MY LINK OF J.S. WIVES YOU WILL SEE THERE IS LOTS OF DNA EVIDENCE HE HAD KIDS.

SORRY DUMB DUMB YOU STOP POSTING WHILE YOUR BEHIND YOU ARE ALREADY
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20784 Feb 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. But "screw" is a more visual and emotion term for No Surprise, and yet still very accurate way of describing what Smith was really doing. He didn't love those women, he used them and dump them like a common animal with no concern for anybody and anything but his own lust. Mormons want pretty words and descriptions of his atrocities so they can pretend it wasn't that big of a deal. They won't come to the truth of his actions until they feel the impact of them, the violation.
It drives No Surprise crazy when I use those terms.
your choice

I don't pretend to know any man's heart.
I know what actions he committed and they were UN-biblical and not christian.
I know what he taught and it is of the devil.

I don't know his motives and either do you. We both agree they were not of God.

My opinion

If marrying a woman still married does not penetrate an LDS and they have no moral objections to this and still consider a man that marries an already married woman to a still living husband
a living prophet after reading the NT and the teachings of Jesus then only the Holy Spirit and a divine act of God will.

The NT is quite specific and Elder is to be of ONE WIFE NOT MANY.

If that don't do it using a harsh word for sure won't.
To believe a prophet of God would ever marry and already married woman whose husband is still alive means you are dumb.

Let us not forget many of these living men who J.S. married their wives were LDS and in good standing.

They swallow the cool aid even though it tastes and looks like bleach.

It amazes me how hardened a human being can be to ignore the obivous.

If today their living prophet came to their house to marry their daughter already married in the LDS church how many would allow that. NO difference but to admit that isn't means to admit they have lived and are living a lie.

YOU came out of the LDS sect and it must have been taken courage to do it and humbling to do so. God Bless.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20785 Feb 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I mock Mormonism Carol, and all your hissy fits isn't going to change that.
Dana,
You LIE constantly.

//

YOU MOCK GOD the FATHER.

Marysville, CA

#20786 Feb 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,
You LIE constantly.
//
YOU MOCK GOD the FATHER.
Let us know when you actually have something new to say. You're like a bad rerun of the Love Boat, which was horrible to watch even the first time.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20787 Feb 27, 2013
sportxmouse

I thought I would try a dumb dumb post like yours looks like fun.

No reading needed, no research needs to be done, no fact checking and most definitely not checking what the Bible says on the subject.

So here I go I am going to give it a whirl.

You are so TWISTED more than I EVERY THOUGHT possible.
You make dumb posts constantly.

AND, you constantly fetish on Christians abilities to show you up as you are so dumb and always wearing that holy underwear.

YOU MOCK Christ Jesus and his Gospel by spreading that false LDS mythology Many God's one day I too will be a God.

NOTHING YOU SAY CHANGES THE FACT THAT until you stop believing dumb dumb LDS theology you being LDS means you are not Christian.

Wow how easy no work logic rational thought involved at all.

However its not for me

Because Truth Matters.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20788 Feb 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he didn't get his theory/fantasy correct, Jews did not come to America. Those who did come didn't start any civilizations.
<quoted text>
The buildings and the cities of the Aztecs were well known by the 1800's as the Spanish reported them centuries before. Pitiful.
The above is called a 'dodge.' You 'dodged' my questions (as you did last time) because you can't find another person that claimed what Smith claimed happened more than 2000 years before Smith was born. No one else wrote a book about it and no one else wrote even a paper pertaining to 2000 years in the past of the Americas and how things were.
So I'll ask the questions again.
"So give me links to an educated person in America who believed prior to 1832 that two thousand years ago and more men sailed across the seas from the old world to the new world.
Next, give me a link to a book or written paper in 1832 or before, where a single author also proclaimed natives of America 2000 years ago built multi-storied buildings, were experts in agriculture, astronomy, making large cities, herding of animals, had a written language and had extensive knowledge in mathematics. That the natives warred on large scale battles and sacrificed captives."
Now either dodge them like a coward or answer them with the civil intelligence God blessed you to have.
Waiting...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20789 Feb 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Smith screwed his wives, all your BS isn't going to change that.
Your response is a pathetic non-stop uneducated many times repeated reply. Why am I not surprised that you wouldn't use a grain of intelligence to try and answer the questions eh?What's a norm for you as has been pointed out by a few in these threads, is you have well proven evidence is your best buddy when it suits your opinion but when it doesn't suit your opinion, evidence becomes BS.
You should try intelligent replies in stead of BS replies, just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20790 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
You sure like accusing everybody of something yet again another post to many to count and going without and evidence biblical or historical that proves the LDS cult is Christian. NOPE more rantings from the lunatic fringe.
Liar. I have never accused every body so your a liar to say I have done that. And to think you claim to be an honest Christian. Real Christians don't lie with purpose as you do. You're a liar. You'll remain a liar till you stop telling lies.
By the way, I accused you of being a liar because you did lie. You claimed I was on Topix when I wasn't. You said I said I was a RCC once. I never said any such thing so your a liar. You claimed to have ousted me in a thread years ago. That's another lie. Today you said I accuse everyone. That's another lie. You're establishing to many here that you have no qualms about making out right lies about some one. Their is no truth or honesty in some one that states so many lies in such a short time period. Your lying will never define you a 'true Christian.' Because a 'true Christian would rather say nothing than to say or perpetuate a lie to just be a liar. Like you have done and continue to do.
You can quit lying. Just saying :)
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20791 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Next, give me a link to a book or written paper in 1832 or before, where a single author also proclaimed natives of America 2000 years ago built multi-storied buildings, were experts in agriculture, astronomy, making large cities, herding of animals, had a written language and had extensive knowledge in mathematics. That the natives warred on large scale battles and sacrificed captives."
Now either dodge them like a coward or answer them with the civil intelligence God blessed you to have.
Waiting...
So you want him to give you something that does not exist.

There is no evidence that any of the above happened because it never happened.

The Only person who ever wrote a book about such a thing was a guy who was into the occult, prophesied men lived on the moon and dressed like Quakers, married women still married to men in his Cult, married children, use magic glasses to translate a book made of Gold that nobody has seen in a magical hat. Was shot and killed in a gun fight while trying to escape from jail after ordering another man's business to be burnt to the ground. And that's just for starters.

The Guy is what the Bible defines as an Anti-Christ because he contradicted the Gospel of Christ Jesus, believed God was once a Man and that he one day would be a God unto himself and populate his own universe with all his Polygamist wives in Celestial Heaven he married on earth.

The WACKO's name was Joseph Smith Jr.
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20792 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. I have never accused every body so your a liar to say I have done that. And to think you claim to be an honest Christian. Real Christians don't lie with purpose as you do. You're a liar. You'll remain a liar till you stop telling lies.
By the way, I accused you of being a liar because you did lie. You claimed I was on Topix when I wasn't. You said I said I was a RCC once. I never said any such thing so your a liar. You claimed to have ousted me in a thread years ago. That's another lie. Today you said I accuse everyone. That's another lie. You're establishing to many here that you have no qualms about making out right lies about some one. Their is no truth or honesty in some one that states so many lies in such a short time period. Your lying will never define you a 'true Christian.' Because a 'true Christian would rather say nothing than to say or perpetuate a lie to just be a liar. Like you have done and continue to do.
You can quit lying. Just saying :)
DUMB DUMB

Clearly you don't even have a basic High School education.

I suppose as you don't now what a metaphor is you also don't know what a Hyperbole is either. NO surprise!

Now I have told you a thousand times get an education.

And now you going to call me a liar because it has not been a literal 1000 times LOL ROFL

That why you are a dumb dumb
concerned in Egypt

Europe

#20793 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response is a pathetic non-stop uneducated many times repeated reply. Why am I not surprised that you wouldn't use a grain of intelligence to try and answer the questions eh?What's a norm for you as has been pointed out by a few in these threads, is you have well proven evidence is your best buddy when it suits your opinion but when it doesn't suit your opinion, evidence becomes BS.
You should try intelligent replies in stead of BS replies, just saying :)
If you are seeking truth about the LDS Mormon Sect.
If you want access to verifiable footnoted sources that you can verify yourself
Then these sites all document their assertions with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and verifiable.
Because the Truth Matters not vial name callers.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp ...
category=11&article=1221
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/michaeldavis/d ...
http://www.mrm.org/
http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/
http://www.utlm.org/
http://irr.org/
http://carm.org/
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/search/colle ...
http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/index.h ...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20794 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
If one is just a little educated of Mormon history and US laws in the 18th century, one would know that Smith was never legally married to any wife but one, Emma. Evidence of a legally married relationship by consummation was the fact they had many, many children.
So one with a wee bit of intelligence would know that Smith was not obligated by any law on earth or in heaven to consummate 'pretend marriages' so they would be consider 'legal.'
So one would know with just a wee bit of intelligence, that if just one wife of a 'pretend marriage' had a child and told others in Navoo, Smith haters could have taken him to court on a charge of bigamy. In this case, 30 women in three years, smith should of had enough children born under the age of one to receive multiple bigamy charges for an actual prison sentence.
Just saying :)

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#20795 Feb 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,
You LIE constantly.
//
YOU MOCK GOD the FATHER.
Not to seem negative religious here, but if God is in competition for souls and is so all powerful, why does he not just "do away" with Satan now, and save all mankind?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20796 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I would request one thing of you.
Release comments on your user name so we can see when and what you have posted since 2008?
Ya I thought you'd say no to that
Um, can we say idiocy? I-d-i-o-c-y. You do realize that Topix doesn't keep posts that far back for retrieval from one's Topix profile? You do realize with even short posts, your profile won't contain more than 20 to 25 posts? Mine contains 15 at present.
This thread has a beginning of Oct 14th 2011. If you wish to chase any one's older posts, you have to go back to the time period of a thread when you remember having a discussion and begin to search for what you seek.
Just a suggestion, but maybe you should read the Topix guide lines to see an individual Topix poster cannot have all their 'older posts' to view on demand. Doesn't work that way. You would know that if you read the fricking rules...lol...just saying :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20797 Feb 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. But "screw" is a more visual and emotion term for No Surprise, and yet still very accurate way of describing what Smith was really doing.
lolol....absolutely not. I couldn't care if you said Smith was *ucki*g his *hor* wives up the *ss.
See, all you prove to one and all who read your posts is that you have an issue with using real civil type language. What you have proven is you would rather use a gutter slurring language than a polite, civil language. So it's not hard to imagine that how you speak in here, that's the type of language you have preferred to use to raise your children with. Thus your children language wise are your split image because you made them that way.
Now if you wish to claim that isn't true, that you use polite and civil English with your kids as they grew, than that would leave us to really wonder why a guy that speaks so polite and civil off the web would feel the need to speak foul gutter language when on the web.
See, if you use gutter language off the web, it would stand to reason you would use gutter language on the web. If you speak politely and civilly off the web, reason would say you would speak that way on the web.
But to speak politely and civilly off the web and to be totally opposite on the web, that would denote internal mental problems and or stress causing a person like that to show such a hyde/jeckel verbal personality.
So you don't use foul gutter language to jerk my chains dude...lol...you use gutter language because that's how you like to speak. At least fricking be honest about it lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20798 Feb 27, 2013
ONE OF THE REASONS HE WAS TO BE TRANSFERED ON THE DAY HE DIED IN HIS JAIL HOUSE SHOT OUT WAS TO BE CHARGED WITH EXACLTY WHAT YOU POST BIGAMY BUT HE DIED BEFORE THE TRIAL.
NOW YOU ARE ONE OF HIS MANY WIVES WHAT YA GONNA DO. SAY ITS J.S.'S KID TO YOUR STILL LIVING HUSBAND OR TELL EM ITS HIS?
RHETORICAL QUESTION
AND THAT BEING SAID IF YOU GO TO MY LINK OF J.S. WIVES YOU WILL SEE THERE IS LOTS OF DNA EVIDENCE HE HAD KIDS.
SORRY DUMB DUMB YOU STOP POSTING WHILE YOUR BEHIND YOU ARE ALREADY
lol...sorry dude, even Dana (if being honest) will tell you that DNA testing done for the last several years on 'possible' Smith descendants have not found one. You can Google that. All the people said to be Smiths in books and writings for the last 140 years WERE PROVED TO BE ALL LIES. Ask Dana. Dana and I have agreed that a possible DNA match could happen in the future. But as it stands, all the best matches for descendant connections were all perpetuated lies.
Next, Just before Smiths death, the reason for his being jailed was 'rioting'. Not bigamy but you would know that if you did just a bit of wee intelligent research on your part instead of listening to crap. He was set before two courts. The first was biased and excused. The next was with the wrong judge and excused. So the third was to be before an actual judge that would hear evidence that Smith had a group of men 'in riot' break into a printing press office and destroy it. Bigamy had nothing to do with the proceeding.

You know, just saying but a little bit of intelligent research goes a long way to know what actually took place :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min MikeF 117,507
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,115,630
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 30 min dirtclod 643
We Don't Need No Stinking Strategy 40 min Joe DeCaro 100
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 40 min Paul2211 5,813
Minnesota lawmakers request details into Minnea... 41 min Viet Nam Vet 1
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 48 min Apple spice 523
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 155,561
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 265,812
Obama Rode in an Elevator With an Armed Man Who... 1 hr serfs up 35

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE