Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20380 Feb 18, 2013
Sinilau wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, the lds church doesn't compare joseph smith to Peter, they compare him to christ, that joseph gave up his life like jesus did!! He sacrifice his life for the church, just like how sacrifice his life for all human.
There is a huge difference. I'm a member of the church, and I would like to set the record straight. Jesus Christ did more for the salvation of mankind than ANYONE else.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#20381 Feb 18, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
The Temple Made Obsolete
At the end of His earthly ministry, Jesus Christ predicted that the Jerusalem temple was about to be destroyed (Matthew 24:2). He told his disciples:“… verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another …”
This prophecy was fulfilled in A.D. 70, when the Roman general Titus demolished the temple; it has never since been rebuilt. Elsewhere, Jesus said that temple worship was about to be replaced by a new form of worship without a temple building:“the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father … But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him”(John 4:21,23).
A dramatic event at the time of Christ’s death on the cross signaled the end of temple worship. The Gospels record that at the very moment Jesus expired,“the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom”(Matthew 27:51; also Mark 15:38; Luke 23:45). Before it’s rending at the time of Jesus death, the thick temple veil (see Figure 1) had served as a barrier to prevent the priests from seeing into the temple’s inner room, the Holy of Holies. This inner sanctum represented the place of God’s holy and glorious presence. Only the high priest was allowed to enter the Holy of Holies, once a year on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur). This restriction signified that access into God’s presence was not truly provided by the Old Covenant. In the words of the New Testament book of Hebrews 9:8,“The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing.” According to ancient Jewish accounts, the thick temple veil was so strong that two teams of oxen pulling in opposite directions could not have torn it.10 Surely, this top-to-bottom tearing of the veil at the moment of Christ’s death was a supernatural act of God, heaven’s response to the completion of Jesus once-for-all atoning sacrifice on the cross.(Notably, no cross is displayed on Mormon temples, unlike Christian churches.) Through faith in Christ, believers are now granted free access into the very presence of God. In the words of the New Testament book of Hebrews,“Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God ... Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need”(Hebrews 4:14-16; see also 6:19;10:19-22).
The rending of the veil signified the end of the temple worship system. That system is now obsolete, and we no longer need a human priest or temple. Under the New Covenant established by Jesus Christ, He is the believer’s High Priest in the very sanctuary of Heaven itself. Thus, a “Christian temple” such as the Mormon Church proposes, is a contradiction in terms.
again from http://mit.irr.org/are-mormon-temples-christi...
all footnoted so you can verify the facts yourself.
CLEARLY MORMONS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS THEY THINK THEY NEED TEMPLES TO PRACTICE PAGAN RITUALS.
TRUTH MATTTERS
This post is all opinion. No truth here. Carry on.

Location hidden

#20382 Feb 18, 2013
According to the Bible, having God as your Heavenly Father is not as automatic as the LDS Church teaches. Instead, individuals make a choice to become His child: "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." (John 1:12) Note that once we choose to receive Christ we become something we were not: children of God.
Furthermore, "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God..." (1 John 5:1)
We are adopted into God's family. "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God...ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God." (Romans 8:14-16)
Would God adopt us if we already belonged to Him?
Would He require that we take an action in order to become a child of His?
Would Jesus have told certain Jews that their father was not God and thereby become a liar?
Would the Apostle John clearly have delineated that some people belong to God and others to the devil?
The LDS Church's teaching of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man may sound appealing, but it is not based in Holy Scripture.
From
http://www.answeringlds.org/index.html...
More verifiable evidence that can be tested. Just on the LDS concept of God the Father alone and how different it is from Biblical and Historical Christianity we can with conviction and truth declare Mormons are not Christians
Truth Matters
The principle that we are sons and daughters of God is dualistic in nature. We are both literally the sons and daughters of God AND we are adopted into his family when we accept Christ.

Don't just take my word for it, lets check out the Bible:
-We are all literally the Children of God:

Ephesians 4:5-6 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

+Commentary: Can the Bible spell it out any clearer? "Father of all." No contingencies, no covenants, no strings attached.

Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"

+Commentary: We are all children of God in the sense that God created us all, making us all sons and daughters, brothers and sisters. God IS our father.

-We are also adopted into Christ's family when we enter the church:

Romans 8:15-17

Location hidden

#20384 Feb 18, 2013
Thus, a “Christian temple” such as the Mormon Church proposes, is a contradiction in terms.
again from http://mit.irr.org/are-mormon-temples-christi...
all footnoted so you can verify the facts yourself.
CLEARLY MORMONS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS THEY THINK THEY NEED TEMPLES TO PRACTICE PAGAN RITUALS.
TRUTH MATTTERS
Mormons are Christians. We proclaim it, know it, live it the best we can, and our scriptures proclaim it.

Book of Mormon, Mosiah 3:8-9
"And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary. And lo, he cometh unto his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name; and even after all this they shall consider him a man, and say that he hath a devil, and shall scourge him, and shall crucify him."

-Is it unChristian to believe that salvation comes through faith in Jesus Christ?

Book of Mormon not enough? Take a look at the constitution of the Church.(D&C 20: 21-25)

"Wherefore, the Almighty God gave his Only Begotten Son, as it is written in those scripture which have been given of him. He suffered temptations but gave no heed unto them. He was crucified, died, and rose again the third day; And ascended into heaven, to sit down on the right hand of the Father, to reign with almighty power according to the will of the Father; that as many as would believe and be baptized in his holy name, and endure in faith to the end, should be saved-"

-Is it unChristian to believe that Jesus Christ the savior suffered and died to bring salvation to all who would believe and be baptized and endure in faith?

By the way, just in case anyone is hung up on the baptism issue:
Baptism is essential for salvation. Don't believe me? Lets see what Christ said:
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
(Mark 16:16)
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20385 Feb 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your information is irrelevant and out of date.
"It doesn’t make a particle of difference what anybody ever said about the Negro matter before the first day of June of this year, 1978......cut for space.......
Third: Your post is plain libelous. Bruce R McConkie was NOT an apostle when Mormon Doctrine was first published.
Hello I knew it would not take long before LDS cnetral sent out a ringer but they may want to get some better than YOU. LOL

"It doesn’t make a particle of difference what anybody ever said about the Negro matter before "

REALLY it does not Matter what your founding two PROPHETS said about the NEGRO??

If so than your faith is null void and irrelevant by logical extension.

According to Brigham Young, Joseph Smith classified these people as The Seed of Cain. Young said that "Joseph Smith had declared that the Negroes were not neutral in heaven, for all the spirits took sides, but 'the posterity of Cain are black because he (Cain) committed murder. He killed Abel and God set a mark upon his posterity'" (The Way to Perfection, Joseph Fielding Smith, p.105).

"It was well understood by the early elders of the Church that the mark which was placed on Cain and which his posterity inherited was the black skin. The Book of Moses informs us that Cain and his descendants were black" (The Way to Perfection, p.107).

Bruce McConkie would write, "The negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concerned, particularly the priesthood and the temple blessings that flow therefrom…" (Mormon Doctrine, p.527, 1966 ed.).

Joseph Fielding Smith stated, "Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became the father of an inferior race" (The Way to Perfection, p.101). This comment is especially interesting since it was this same Joseph Fielding Smith who also said, "The Latter-day Saints have no animosity towards the Negro. Neither have they described him as belonging to an `inferior race'" (Answers to Gospel Questions 4:170).

LDS Apostle Mark E. Petersen asked, and answered, the following hypothetical question:

“If I were to marry a Negro woman and have children by her, my children would all be cursed as to the priesthood. Do I want my children cursed as to the priesthood? If there is one drop of Negro blood in my children, as I read to you, they receive the curse. There isn’t any argument, therefore, as to inter-marriage with the Negro, is there?…Now we are generous with the Negro. We are willing that the Negro have the highest kind of education. I would be willing to let every Negro drive a Cadillac if they could afford it. I would be willing that they have all the advantages they can get out of life in the world. But let them enjoy these things among themselves. I think the Lord segregated the Negro and who is man to change that segregation? It reminds me of the scripture on marriage,'what God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.' Only here we have the reverse of the thing— What God hath separated, let not man bring together again”(Mark E. Petersen,“Race Problems as They Affect the Church,” August 27, 1954, p.21).

In a sermon given on March 8, 1863, Young stated,

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so" (Journal of Discourses, 10:110).

so to all would be LDS this guy thinks all of this is irrelevant but it gets worse. cont.....
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20386 Feb 18, 2013
On December 3, 1854, Brigham Young said, "When all the other children of Adam have had the privilege of receiving the Priesthood, and of coming into the kingdom of God, and of being redeemed from the four quarters of the earth, and have received their resurrection from the dead, then it will be time enough to remove the curse from Cain and his posterity" (Journal of Discourses 2:143).

President Wilford Woodruff noted in his journal that President Young said, "...that mark shall remain upon the seed of Cain until the seed of Abel shall be redeemed, and Cain shall not receive the Priesthood, until the time of that redemption" (History of Wilford Woodruff, p.351, as printed in The Way to Perfection, p.106).

Since the resurrection from the dead has not taken place, and the redemption of Abel's posterity has not come to fruition, it is apparent that the LDS Church was premature in its 1978 decision.

So what this LDS guy Sambrotherofnephi is saying we can disregard our founding prophets and Make it up as we go.

He will as the LDS will redefine what a living Church means and what living scripture means to suit what ever the flavor of the day is.

And that is why Mormons are not Christians they make it up as they go and redefine words as they go.

ITS CALLED DECEPTION..
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20387 Feb 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a huge difference. I'm a member of the church, and I would like to set the record straight. Jesus Christ did more for the salvation of mankind than ANYONE else.
You would like to set the record straight we shall see.

Open ended statements like the one above set nothing straight you are just blowing hot air.

If you wish to set the record straight then then you will need to provide independent evidence other than your hot air above the we can test and challenge in light of Biblical and Historical evidence.

That is what is what is missing with the LDS EVIDENCE to support your claims.

So we await you setting the record straight you have a lot of work ahead of you.

Truth matters Evidence Matters not because I said so its true that may of worked in the Sandbox at age 5

Location hidden

#20388 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence to show why Mormons should be considered Christian?
Or are you just here to show everybody you are an Idiot?
Evidence that Mormons are Christians, from the Book of Mormon:

Stated purpose of the Book of Mormon:
-Persuade people to come unto God (1 Nephi 6:4)

What does the Book of Mormon say about what we should do about Christ?

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, with out spot."

-Is it unChristian to believe that we can become perfected by the grace of God through Christ?

What does it mean to be a Christian? Is it to proclaim that salvation comes through Christ?

The Book of Mormon meets this requirement:

Mosiah 3:17 "And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent."

See also:
Alma 38:9 - Proclaims that Christ is the only way we can be saved and Christ is the light and life of the world.

2 Nephi 31:21 - Proclaims that we are only saved through Christ

Helaman 5:9 - We can only be saved through Christ

The Book of Mormon nearly averages one reference to the Lord Jesus Christ per page. How is that not Christian?
-476 references to the Lord Jesus Christ by name.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1992/04/research-a...

Location hidden

#20389 Feb 18, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
On December 3, 1854, Brigham Young said, "When all the other children of Adam have had the privilege of receiving the Priesthood, and of coming into the kingdom of God, and of being redeemed from the four quarters of the earth, and have received their resurrection from the dead, then it will be time enough to remove the curse from Cain and his posterity" (Journal of Discourses 2:143).
President Wilford Woodruff noted in his journal that President Young said, "...that mark shall remain upon the seed of Cain until the seed of Abel shall be redeemed, and Cain shall not receive the Priesthood, until the time of that redemption" (History of Wilford Woodruff, p.351, as printed in The Way to Perfection, p.106).
Since the resurrection from the dead has not taken place, and the redemption of Abel's posterity has not come to fruition, it is apparent that the LDS Church was premature in its 1978 decision.
So what this LDS guy Sambrotherofnephi is saying we can disregard our founding prophets and Make it up as we go.
He will as the LDS will redefine what a living Church means and what living scripture means to suit what ever the flavor of the day is.
And that is why Mormons are not Christians they make it up as they go and redefine words as they go.
ITS CALLED DECEPTION..
What about Biblical examples where things change? Where the apostles of Christ making it up as they went when they extended the gospel message to the gentiles as well? Where they making it up when they did away with circumcision or the strict law of Moses? The Lord reveals higher and greater laws when we are ready for them. Christ's church is a living church. It has been, and will continue to be. God has not stopped speaking. He still gives revelation in our times.

Location hidden

#20390 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You would like to set the record straight we shall see.
Open ended statements like the one above set nothing straight you are just blowing hot air.
If you wish to set the record straight then then you will need to provide independent evidence other than your hot air above the we can test and challenge in light of Biblical and Historical evidence.
That is what is what is missing with the LDS EVIDENCE to support your claims.
So we await you setting the record straight you have a lot of work ahead of you.
Truth matters Evidence Matters not because I said so its true that may of worked in the Sandbox at age 5
You might want to check my prior posts, maybe you missed them while you were typing this up. I posted a few scriptures from the Bible as cited evidence.

I use the King James Version of the Bible.

Thanks!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20391 Feb 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't answer any better then that. It's sad how he is always trying to compare Smith to Jesus, which is like comparing polluted water to a clear crystal stream. Only the brainwashed wouldn't see the difference.
You couldn't answer any better than what Egypt said? lolol...wow oh wow have you sunk to a new low for where you rely on unintelligent replies. lol...why am I not surprised!...lol. Fricking just to much...lol....

Location hidden

#20392 Feb 18, 2013
ITS CALLED DECEPTION..
Nope. Check out the Bible, look for a pattern in the gospel.

In the days between Moses and Christ, the gospel went out to only the house of Israel with few exceptions. Because of this, the administrators of the gospel during Christ's time had difficulty envisioning the necessity of proclaiming the gospel to all the world. They did not go to the gentiles at first. They mostly administered to the house of Israel.

Finally, the Lord gave Peter the revelation that the gospel should go to the Gentiles. This principle is explained in Acts 17:26-27. God "hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; They they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him."
-This means that there is a time appointed for successive nations and races to be offered the gospel.

Again, see http://speeches.byu.edu/...
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20393 Feb 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
The principle that we are sons and daughters of God is dualistic in nature. We are both literally the sons and daughters of God AND we are adopted into his family when we accept Christ.
Don't just take my word for it, lets check out the Bible:
-We are all literally the Children of God:
Ephesians 4:5-6 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
+Commentary: Can the Bible spell it out any clearer? "Father of all." No contingencies, no covenants, no strings attached.
Malachi 2:10 "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"
+Commentary: We are all children of God in the sense that God created us all, making us all sons and daughters, brothers and sisters. God IS our father.
-We are also adopted into Christ's family when we enter the church:
Romans 8:15-17
What if any is your point here! You have not taken issue with one verse or assertion I made in my post with your comment posted below my Post.

So again what is your point are you challenging my post and saying its in error? If so please be transparent and state that which you take issue with in my post.

That is how a debate works.

The issue is we are not Biological spirit children of a Father God with flesh in heaven who is married to many Mother God's of flesh in Heaven who are populating Earth as the Mormon church teaches.

When the Bible denotes Father God in relationship to his creation it is a metaphor to tell us that he has a relationship and wants relationship with us as a human father would with his Children.

So when you as LDS say God is our Father you mean it literally as you believe the Father God in heaven who has a body of flesh who once was a human being of flesh like we are now we have now, who was created by his Father God of Flesh coming together with one of his Goddess wives in heaven to make us by some union that the LDS can't explain.

That is clearly not of the Bible Clearly not Christian.

So instead of beating around the bush why not just tell the thread you believe God the Father of Flesh in Heaven with his Goddess wife of Flesh in Heaven Created you by some heavenly union as they are husband and wife for eternity and our Father God has many of these heavenly exalted wives he is a polgamist and LDS theology teaches for him to be exalted he must be married sealed to more than one wife like Mitt Romeny's earthly father was.

BTW do you know if we both have the same God the Mother or was mine Sally who was exalted and your heavenly mother Jenifer who was exalted?
And why can we in LDS theology have relationship with our Heavenly father but not our Heavenly Mother.

I don't mean that in a demeaning way it is again the logical extension of LDS Theology.

Location hidden

#20394 Feb 18, 2013
I noticed that you like to share from http://www.mrm.org

Just in case you would like to know where find most of my relevant articles I will list them here:
(in case you want to do some research with other sources)

lds.org
Mormon.org
maxwellinstitute.byu.edu
http://speeches.byu.edu
http://www.fairlds.org

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20395 Feb 18, 2013
Sinilau wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, the lds church doesn't compare joseph smith to Peter, they compare him to christ, that joseph gave up his life like jesus did!! He sacrifice his life for the church, just like how sacrifice his life for all human.
That's a whole different discussion.
I asked Dana a question because as a anti-Mormon, he is constantly seeking reasons to trash Mormons and their beliefs.
So I asked him to pretend that what Peter did, Smnith had done and to tell me how he would use that information to trash Smith and to prove how Mormonism wasn't correct because of just that denial.
Not a tough question really.
See, about two thousand years ago, Jews persecuted other Jews that began a new off shoot of Judaism. And as those Jews of the new religion made human errors and mistakes, the Jews of the older religion let them have both barrels to prove them wrong and not even being worthy of being called a Jew for their 'new ways' of thinking.
I mean the old Jews had a lot of ammo to convince people how demented and corrupt this new religion was. One of the leaders lusted for the almighty shekel and sold out his leader to be jailed, beaten and killed. Many doubted what the leader named Jesus told them. The closest leader to Jesus, not only did he try and murder a man, he also denied even having known him when he felt his life being threatened. And as Jesus was being jailed and whipped where were his disciples? Out hiding to save their hides so they wouldn't have to suffer the same fate! One time their money grubbing treasurer took the last piece of money an old lady had she should have used for food. But oh no, those good guys held out their hands smiling and took her last coin! They took other peoples money and goods all the time so they had clothes and food. They even took oils used for massages! And the main leader, Jesus, he had a bevy of female followers that never left his side! They were there for his every comfort and need, even personal foot massages. A pretty cozy situation there eh? All sorts of things to suggest adultery and who knows what. Any good Jew wouldn't have a bunch of women following him about. There were laws against such private interactions between non-married Jewish males and females.
And Dana thinks he's cornered the market for an all self righteous judgemental attitude about Mormons? Pleasseeee.......lol.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20396 Feb 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Biblical examples where things change? Where the apostles of Christ making it up as they went when they extended the gospel message to the gentiles as well? Where they making it up when they did away with circumcision or the strict law of Moses? The Lord reveals higher and greater laws when we are ready for them. Christ's church is a living church. It has been, and will continue to be. God has not stopped speaking. He still gives revelation in our times.
You have not read your bible for all its worth in the OT Gentiles could be grafted into the OT covenant as they can in the NT covenant.

The OT covenant did not change IT was fulfilled and finished as Jesus declared on the Cross and the Curtain ripped in two.

What you choose to ignore is fulfillment and change are different that Contradiction of what came first.

AS with the LINE of Cain and the evidence of your LDS sect I posted. IN 1978 your sect made a change that is in direct contradiction of your prophets founding fathers apostles teachings.
That you so Conveniently say is irrelvant.

The Apostles of the Bible did not do this in the slightest.

IN fact when Paul was teaching the Bereans what did they do and what did Paul say about it.

In Berea

Ac 17:10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue.
Ac 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Ac 17:12 Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men

They believed Jew and GREEK gentile because the OT scriptures confirmed what Paul taught not that what he taught changed the OT but fulfilled the OT teachings. LDS old teachings contradict newer changed teachings

And that is why your faith is false.

Location hidden

#20397 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
What if any is your point here! You have not taken issue with one verse or assertion I made in my post with your comment posted below my Post.
So again what is your point are you challenging my post and saying its in error? If so please be transparent and state that which you take issue with in my post.
That is how a debate works.
The issue is we are not Biological spirit children of a Father God with flesh in heaven who is married to many Mother God's of flesh in Heaven who are populating Earth as the Mormon church teaches.
When the Bible denotes Father God in relationship to his creation it is a metaphor to tell us that he has a relationship and wants relationship with us as a human father would with his Children.
So when you as LDS say God is our Father you mean it literally as you believe the Father God in heaven who has a body of flesh who once was a human being of flesh like we are now we have now, who was created by his Father God of Flesh coming together with one of his Goddess wives in heaven to make us by some union that the LDS can't explain.
That is clearly not of the Bible Clearly not Christian.
So instead of beating around the bush why not just tell the thread you believe God the Father of Flesh in Heaven with his Goddess wife of Flesh in Heaven Created you by some heavenly union as they are husband and wife for eternity and our Father God has many of these heavenly exalted wives he is a polgamist and LDS theology teaches for him to be exalted he must be married sealed to more than one wife like Mitt Romeny's earthly father was.
BTW do you know if we both have the same God the Mother or was mine Sally who was exalted and your heavenly mother Jenifer who was exalted?
And why can we in LDS theology have relationship with our Heavenly father but not our Heavenly Mother.
I don't mean that in a demeaning way it is again the logical extension of LDS Theology.
I'm sorry about that. I didn't know I was unclear.

-I believe that God the Father has a physical body.
-I believe that families here are patterned after the same organization we had before this life. I don't know the mechanics of how we were spiritually create.
-I don't proclaim to know all or have all the answers. But if you do have a lot of questions about LDS Theology, I recommend reading the Book of Mormon.
-I'm game to discuss lds doctrine, not lds fringe speculation.
-Some of this stuff you are talking about, I haven't heard of from within the faith, so if you could cite an original source for your assertions, that would be awesome!
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20398 Feb 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence that Mormons are Christians, from the Book of Mormon:
Stated purpose of the Book of Mormon:
-Persuade people to come unto God (1 Nephi 6:4)
What does the Book of Mormon say about what we should do about Christ?
"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, with out spot."
-Is it unChristian to believe that we can become perfected by the grace of God through Christ?
What does it mean to be a Christian? Is it to proclaim that salvation comes through Christ?
The Book of Mormon meets this requirement:
Mosiah 3:17 "And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent."
See also:
Alma 38:9 - Proclaims that Christ is the only way we can be saved and Christ is the light and life of the world.
2 Nephi 31:21 - Proclaims that we are only saved through Christ
Helaman 5:9 - We can only be saved through Christ
The Book of Mormon nearly averages one reference to the Lord Jesus Christ per page. How is that not Christian?
-476 references to the Lord Jesus Christ by name.
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1992/04/research-a...
What is a Christian and what a Christian belevies what his faith is was defined 2000 years before the BOM.

Thus the BOM LDS faith is false as it tries to redefine what a Christian is and contradicts the Christian faith that preceeded it by 2000 Years.

It would be the equivalent of me a Canadian coming to the US and telling you that the your constitutional rights don't guarantee you freedom of speech because I have this new revelation from God that brings restoration. NOPE that would not fly just like LDS coming on the scene some 2000 years latter trying tell us that the Bible real meant this and everybody had it completely wrong for 2000 years and God is not all powerful and could not sustain his word and the BOM and and the LDS faith restore what was lost.
NOPE that don't fly either.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20399 Feb 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that you like to share from http://www.mrm.org
Just in case you would like to know where find most of my relevant articles I will list them here:
(in case you want to do some research with other sources)
lds.org
Mormon.org
maxwellinstitute.byu.edu
http://speeches.byu.edu
http://www.fairlds.org
If you have not noticed many of my Mormon quotes are found on these sites.

Like D&C BOM teachings of J.S. teachings of B.Y.

But if you want something of real value here are a few.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/
http://mormonquotes.com/
http://www.utlm.org/
http://irr.org/
http://www.ccel.org/
http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/christian...

Truth matters these sites have a lot of it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20400 Feb 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't answer any better then that. It's sad how he is always trying to compare Smith to Jesus, which is like comparing polluted water to a clear crystal stream. Only the brainwashed wouldn't see the difference.
You're an idiot at times...lol. I wasn't comparing Smith to Jesus you fool! lol.
Read what I write! You'll understand it better. lol.
I was making a comparison value of how/why anti-Christians in Jesus's time attacked him and his religion and how people you represent, anti-Mormons attack Smith and his religion.
Get it? My question was about how anti-religionists attack other religions.
See, two thousand years ago Jews attacked Jews that joined a new off-shoot of Judaism.
See, two thousand years later Christians attack Christians that join a new off-shoot of Christianity.
Just as Jews two thousand years ago didn't think this new off-shoot had anything to do with the old religion and was a perversion of it, two thousand years later Christians don't think this new off-shoot has anything to do with Christianity and is a perversion of it.
Strange as it is, both religions two thousand years apart, people like Dana than and now swore these churches were led by false prophets and apostles and had false corrupt doctrines deviating from the original doctrines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 4 min inbred Genius 1,445
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min cathy1691823 1,383,275
News South Florida braces for affects of possible Ha... (Jan '10) 6 min justice101 12
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Truth is might 311,203
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min scientia potentia... 197,325
News Why is Obama visiting Hiroshima? 17 min nvrchrjy 21
News Oklahoma lawmakers OK bill criminalizing perfor... 19 min feces for jesus 52
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr spud 630
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 2 hr Ronald 263
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 2 hr Ronald 927
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 hr The Sin City Cat 384,101
More from around the web