Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 965)

Showing posts 19,281 - 19,300 of31,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>lol, probably... but not even that will save you on Judgement day... only good works, and living a good life.
Your judgment damns u already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
NoMo...

I'm sorry you have that impression of the Church, the Church has only taught me good things, and has only brought good things into my life.

Some members misrepresent the Church and say well I'm LDS and wiggle around in short skirts thinking that will get them further, but they don't live by the Church standards.

I believe your concerns. It concerns a lot of people about the actions of members not doing their DUTY (living the standards to the fullest).

Christ was merciful, honorable, loving, and forgiving. It's hard for people to forgive when the action happens to them personally or around them so close. Trust me I know first hand.

One thing I would like to say to you though is that just because you live in Utah, and you are a Mormon doesn't mean you are doing God's will.

In order to God's will you must OBEY and do your DUTY.

I hope one day you can step through the Church doors and notify the Church officials about your concerns, an the inappropriate behavior by Mormons. It should not be accepted. It's not taught by the Church either to accept these actions.
U make an awful lot of false assumptions in that..lol. Lots of judgment too.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
to make that more clear ...
I do not hate Dana for being gay...
I do not hate her at all.
I HATE... may be the wrong word... I don't like the fact that she portrays the gospel as being something it is not.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the away, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The GOSPEL is the TRUTH... not lies... not perversion... you don't pass by honoring the buddy system. I pass the same as you.
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm a guy. I use to be an elder and high priest in the LDS church.
3. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
4. Show me where I have lied about the Mormon church. I do provide evidence from LDS publications when talking about the teachings of Mormonism.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, probably... but not even that will save you on Judgement day... only good works, and living a good life.
That isn't what the Bible teaches. Your good works will never outweigh your sins.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot
He also gave laws on what to do if someone steals, commits adultry, or murders.
Just because Moses or God or his Prophets give laws on how to deal with the consequences of mans sins does not me they are condoned or to be practiced.
Again God's commands forbid Polygamy not once does he command this God or his prophets no he in fact calls us to be of one wife and Especially Elders leaders of the church if the are not of one wife the NT commands us God commands to allow them in leadership positions.
That is why LDS is FALSE they do and did.
Speaking of self proven idiots, think before you flap you're jaws! lol.
Stealing, adultery and murder were crimes you fool lol. So of couse God made laws AGAINST THEM. God never made laws to REGULATE criminal behavior fool. God made laws to keep people from doing certain things like stealing, adultery and murder. Fricking fool lol
God made laws to regulate slavery. Does that mean he condoned slavery? Yes and no. If God was against slavery like he was against stealing and adultery and murder, he would have made a law not to own slaves.
So if God was against polygamy like he was against adultery and stealing and murder he would have made a law against it.
Instead he made laws to regulate slavery and polygamy ALLOWING HIS CHOOSEN PEOPLE TO OWN AND HAVE SLAVES AND FOR ISRAELITE MEN TO HAVE TWO OR MORE WIVES.
You need to learn the difference between being against something and regulating the usage of something concerning the God of the OT.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that the Mormon is wrong making it a commandment? Because it certainly is today. Why should any member of the church have to live a higher standard than the prophet? Moses didn't take a vote on the Ten Commandments or the Torah. So if people are being denied temple recommends or even being allowed to join the LDS church because someone won't follow the WoW it's is the church that is wrong, not the member. Because you have clearly stated it isn't a commandment. Proof again the LDS church isn't tghe church of Jesus Christ.
No, I'm not saying that. And Mormons worth their salt and knowing the WoW understand also it was never a commandment. The WoW says it didn't come by way of commandment.
The WoW has came to be a requirement to show yourself your seriousness to "be as a child again" with out the addictions of adulthood. And people without addictions usually have higher levels of self worth and self esteem and prove to be better workers because they spend less time at work nourishing addictions like coffee breaks and smoke breaks and miss work due to health related problems.
And statistics show adults minus addictions 'usually'(not always) are above average in morals and honesty.
So since that church uses an honour code for membership, that self honesty benefits oneself mostly and than those around them.
Son as a requirement and not a commandment, more people are likely to heed it's requests than if they were out right make it or break it commandments.
I know people that had their habits and having came to know the WoW but not being a member, they applied it to their lives and were quite happy after wards.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
People are to become one flesh, not one dozen.
Incorrect. Really bad interpretation. Becoming one flesh has absolutely not a thing to do with monogamy.
Becoming 'one flesh' is what happens when a man and woman have intercourse by marriage/union. Becoming 'one flesh' is what happens when a married person has sex with someone under the definition of 'adultery'. Becoming 'one flesh' happens when two people unmarried have intercourse.
Becoming 'one flesh' describes the intimate act of a male and female in intercourse.
David became 'one flesh' with each new wife he married prior to and after he became a king. Abraham became 'one flesh' with Sarah's handmaid.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Simply wrote:
Right on Dana....their word of wisdom doctrine is still evolving...
Umm not. It's evolved to about the farthest point that it could evolve to so far as any one can see of it today.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
Actually most of those who consider themselves Christian today would more appropriately be considered Paulists.
The Later Day Saints are an example of this.
The historical Jesus was a Jew. He practiced the Jewish faith from childhood and he died a Jew. Contrary to what paulists teach he did not come to replace the law:
They don't teach Jesus replaced the law. If he did, he would have spoken new laws and they would have been recorded and what they replaced. That is something you just like to gnaw on for spite.

Jesus didn't replace the laws, he did add to them though...

Commandment 1 "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and the great commandment" (Mat 22:37). "And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment" (Mk 12:30). "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Luke 4:8).

Commandment 2 "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Mat 4:10). "You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Luke 4:8). "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24). "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam...to eat things sacrificed to idols" (Rev 2:14). "Nevertheless, I have a few things against you, because you allow...My servants to...eat things sacrificed to idols" (Rev 2:20).

Commandment 3 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men" (Mat 12:31). "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts,...blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man" (Mat 15:19-20).

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not saying that. And Mormons worth their salt and knowing the WoW understand also it was never a commandment. The WoW says it didn't come by way of commandment.
The WoW has came to be a requirement to show yourself your seriousness to "be as a child again" with out the addictions of adulthood. And people without addictions usually have higher levels of self worth and self esteem and prove to be better workers because they spend less time at work nourishing addictions like coffee breaks and smoke breaks and miss work due to health related problems.
And statistics show adults minus addictions 'usually'(not always) are above average in morals and honesty.
So since that church uses an honour code for membership, that self honesty benefits oneself mostly and than those around them.
Son as a requirement and not a commandment, more people are likely to heed it's requests than if they were out right make it or break it commandments.
I know people that had their habits and having came to know the WoW but not being a member, they applied it to their lives and were quite happy after wards.
That's a lot of double talk. It's either a commandment or not. If it isn't a commandment, it shouldn't be a requirement. They are suppose to be in the business of teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, not making up rules just for the hell of it because they can. They are denying, according to them, the highest levels of the teachings of Jesus Christ when they deny someone a temple recommend based on a persons inability to keep the WoW. They make Jesus a liar again when he says:
Matthew 11:30
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

But according to Mormonism, Jesus was the biggest liar of all.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
The only scriptures that were saved from this distortion was the Torah, this is where true Christianity is derived from.
To fulfill the law was a personal achievement of Jesus and did not negate the law. That would be calling the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel that gave the Torah to Humanity a liar.
You and Paul claim one thing, Jesus went with his Jewish origins in conducting his ministry.
You have an issue you seem to be oblivious to.
You don't recognize Christians that follow the Christian Bible. And Christians in Topix becoming familiar with your bad mouthing their way of believing end up disrespecting you as you disrespect them.
You also believe in Jesus. An active observant Jew, he will see you as the misled fairy tale Jesus believer as they view all other Jesus believers.
You're lost in your own little world and know it not.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Really bad interpretation. Becoming one flesh has absolutely not a thing to do with monogamy.
Becoming 'one flesh' is what happens when a man and woman have intercourse by marriage/union. Becoming 'one flesh' is what happens when a married person has sex with someone under the definition of 'adultery'. Becoming 'one flesh' happens when two people unmarried have intercourse.
Becoming 'one flesh' describes the intimate act of a male and female in intercourse.
David became 'one flesh' with each new wife he married prior to and after he became a king. Abraham became 'one flesh' with Sarah's handmaid.
The definition of "one flesh" is a whole lot deeper than just having sex:

Question: "What does it mean to be one flesh in a marriage?"

Answer: The term “one flesh” comes from the Genesis account of the creation of Eve. Genesis 2:21-24 describes the process by which God created Eve from a rib taken from Adam’s side as he slept. Adam recognized that Eve was part of him—they were in fact “one flesh.” The term “one flesh” means that just as our bodies are one whole entity and cannot be divided into pieces and still be a whole, so God intended it to be with the marriage relationship. There are no longer two entities (two individuals), but now there is one entity (a married couple). There are a number of aspects to this new union.

emotionally, spiritually, intellectually, financially, and in every other way, the couple is to become one. Even as one part of the body cares for the other body parts (the stomach digests food for the body, the brain directs the body for the good of the whole, the hands work for the sake of the body, etc.), so each partner in the marriage is to care for the other. Each partner is no longer to see money earned as “my” money; but rather as “our” money. Ephesians 5:22-33 and Proverbs 31:10-31 give the application of this “oneness” to the role of the husband and to the wife, respectively.

http://www.gotquestions.org/one-flesh-marriag...

That can't maintain that type of relationship with more than one partner.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry..but u set yourself up for this one.
(And btw, your previous post..I agree with completely.)
What part(ssss) of your church are evil..
Wow, where to even begin
Currently, your church
Causes suicides thru it's bullying, bigoted treatment of gay members, especially it's children. Actively persues legislation to maintain bigotry on local, state, national and international levels. Regularly uses and supports Evergreen Intl., scarring and harming children and adults, in many cases, for life.
Keeps women as second class members to the point of the relief society president squashing and bashing female members who want to remain in the church as equals. These poor women get death threats for wearing pants to church..Remember the extreme antidepressant use capital is Utah?
Scams the members into paying tithes, even if doing so puts them in extreme financial straits, has them scrubbing ward and stake house toilets weekly(or more) for free, while opening an 8 Billion dollar ( and quite horrid..terrible layout and the security are like stalkers/secret service wanna-bes) Mall, owning big game hunting lodges, until recently, running the largest gun market in the country(KSL), owning large chunks of media and real estate, laundering Mitts money for 10 years, so he didn't pay taxes,( this list is Waay too long)..u get the idea...and giving less than 1% annually to charitable causes.
Involves itself in national, international and State(what they are currently doing in utah is disgusting)legislation along with using its sway with the BSA to enforce the continuation of hate and bigotry..and they are doing it atm, almost on a weekly basis.
Uses the controls of shame knowing that the other mos( families included many times)are always watching you and it's considered a "good work" if they tell your bishop.
I could go on and on..but those few are off tty top of my head with regards to why that "church" of yours is evil
lol...in the mean time people just keep signing up for all that mental and physical mayhem evilness to be a part of it you claim exists that would have brought any other religion to it's demise and ruin within months of it's birth.
So much for opinions :)
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy. I'll wait.
You have REPEATEDLY claimed the Lord never commanded nor approved of polygamy:

I've showed the world here, you're a lying, Satanic sociopath.

Your false Satanic claim is

"The Lord never commanded polygamy."

----------
Adult men in Israel under the law of Moses, were commanded to marry, with some exceptions: religious service, military duty, etc.

Therefore the law commanding marriage to wife of a dead brother, meant polygamy MUST occur: as it did on a REGULAR basis, being a COMMANDMENT.

Elders also commanded, to try to talk men into it: and punish a man who won't.

Deuteronomy 25:
"25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger:

her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

25:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

25:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife,
then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say,

"My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."

25:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

25:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot,

***and spit in his face***,

and shall answer and say,

"So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house."

25:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
==========

The LAW COMMANDS.

The law commands the Elders to TALK to MEN about why they won't obey

The law commands the punishment be ***THE WOMAN SPIT in HIS FACE***

The law commands from THEN ON he be known as one who WOULDN'T OBEY the COMMANDMENT.

You're a Satan possessed, family & heterosexualityhating,
pathological liar,

who'll try yet to claim it isn't in the Bible.

As we see it is.

It's called Levirate marriage.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what the Bible teaches. Your good works will never outweigh your sins.
Excuse me, perhaps I should have explained in more detail:

1- Good works = means doing your DUTY - which includes repenting for your sins.

2- Living a good life = means doing the best you can in ALL things - that's "DUTY" again isn't it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U make an awful lot of false assumptions in that..lol. Lots of judgment too.
And in the below post you made you didn't make lots of judgements and false assumptions?
"Of course I did!" you'll state. "My judgements and assumptions are always 100% correct about Mormons. And if I'm incorrect, refer to the first statement."

will say if the Mormon church is guilty of the things you claim, you have no room to speak blame. You did allow a young boy to die at his own hands. You said you knew for a fact he was being bullied and beaten at home by family and parents and at schools by Mormon kids. AND YOU DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAVE HIM FROM HIS DISTRESS.
YOU DID NOTHING. YOU LET HIM DIE. YOU'RE AS MUCH A MURDERER AS YOU CALL THE PEOPLE IN THE MORMON CHURCH.
You call the LDS church and it's people filth and you're nothing but a piece of filth yourself for letting a child kill themself. You caused a suicide by not stopping it. And you want to speak evil of others? Fricking get a check on you're own reality.
Currently, your church
Causes suicides thru it's bullying, bigoted treatment of gay members, especially it's children. Actively persues legislation to maintain bigotry on local, state, national and international levels. Regularly uses and supports Evergreen Intl., scarring and harming children and adults, in many cases, for life.
Keeps women as second class members to the point of the relief society president squashing and bashing female members who want to remain in the church as equals. These poor women get death threats for wearing pants to church..Remember the extreme antidepressant use capital is Utah?
Scams the members into paying tithes, even if doing so puts them in extreme financial straits, has them scrubbing ward and stake house toilets weekly(or more) for free, while opening an 8 Billion dollar ( and quite horrid..terrible layout and the security are like stalkers/secret service wanna-bes) Mall, owning big game hunting lodges, until recently, running the largest gun market in the country(KSL), owning large chunks of media and real estate, laundering Mitts money for 10 years, so he didn't pay taxes,( this list is Waay too long)..u get the idea...and giving less than 1% annually to charitable causes.
Involves itself in national, international and State(what they are currently doing in utah is disgusting)legislation along with using its sway with the BSA to enforce the continuation of hate and bigotry..and they are doing it atm, almost on a weekly basis.
Uses the controls of shame knowing that the other mos( families included many times)are always watching you and it's considered a "good work" if they tell your bishop.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Why LDS Mormons are not Christian

The Mormon Temple

Participation in what is called the temple “endowment” ceremony is an important facet of the LDS faith since it is in this ritual where Mormons learn secret “key words,”“signs” and “tokens” that they hope will help them return to God’s presence.

Brigham Young, Mormonism’s second president, claimed,

“Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being able to give them the key words, the signs and tokens, pertaining to the Holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell”(Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 416).

Without their temples, Mormons are told that exaltation (or Godhood) in the next world is an impossibility. By completely obeying various laws and ordinances, faithful Latter-day Saints hope that they too can achieve the status of “Gods” and “Goddesses.”

Since its founding in 1830, the LDS Church has caused quite a controversy among Bible-believing Christians. While Mormons have every right to believe as they may, many leaders of the LDS Church have made some serious accusations against what millions of Christians hold dear. These statements must be challenged in light of history and the Bible.

Latter-day Saints are told that their temples restore temple worship as discussed in the Bible. Mormon Apostle Mark E. Petersen claimed the LDS ceremony actually follows the pattern of biblical days when he wrote:

“In Biblical times sacred ordinances were administered in holy edifices for the spiritual salvation of ancient Israel. These buildings thus were not synagogues, nor any other ordinary places of worship... Following the pattern of Biblical days, the Lord again in our day has provided these ordinances for the salvation of all who will believe, and directs that temples be built in which to perform those sacred rites”(Why Mormons Build Temples, p. 2).

To test what Mr. Petersen has said, all one needs to do is examine the temple ceremony as it was practiced during biblical times. If the LDS temple ceremonies had their precedent in the Bible, it would be logical that today’s rites would be similar to what took place in Israel until AD 70 when the Jerusalem temple was destroyed. But there are many difference, including:

cont...
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

The Mormon Church has more than 100 other temples scattered across the globe; the Jews recognized only the temple in Jerusalem.
The primary activity at the Jerusalem temple was the sacrifice of animals as atonement for the sins of the people. Worshipers in ancient Israel went to the temple with an attitude of unworthiness before an all holy God. They approached His temple with humility as they looked to have their sins covered. In stark contrast, Mormons enter their temples with a positive sense of worthiness. A person cannot enter a Mormon temple (after it is dedicated) unless he or she is considered “worthy.”
The priests officiating in the Jerusalem temple had to be from the tribe of Levi. This was commanded in Numbers 3:6-10. The Mormon Church ignores such commands and allows its “temple-worthy” members who have no such background to officiate in its temples.
Wedding ceremonies never occurred in the Jerusalem temple, yet this is a common practice in LDS temples.
Baptism for the dead is the most common activity in Mormon temples. No such practice was ever performed in the Jerusalem temple.
While many Mormon families have been “sealed” for time and eternity in LDS temples, the Jerusalem temple provided no such ordinance.
Mormons are told that the temple ceremony came by way of revelation to Mormonism’s founder Joseph Smith, Jr. According to Mormon Apostle John Widtsoe,“Joseph Smith received the temple endowment and its ritual, as all else he promulgated, by revelation from God”(Joseph Smith-Seeker After Truth, p. 249). Mormon Apostle Bruce R. McConkie echoed this same thought when he said the temple ordinances were “given in modern times to the Prophet Joseph Smith by revelation, many things connected with them being translated by the Prophet from the papyrus on which the Book of Abraham was recorded”(Mormon Doctrine, p. 779). This is quite a statement since the Book of Abraham (regarded by Latter-day Saints as sacred scripture) has been shown to be an inaccurate translation of an ancient Egyptian funeral text.

For more info on this MORMON practice that is clearly not Christian never practiced by Jesus or his Disciples goto http://www.mrm.org/temple

Mormons are Christian they are a Cult as their Temple rituals clearly demonstrate.

Truth Matters.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm a guy. I use to be an elder and high priest in the LDS church.
3. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
4. Show me where I have lied about the Mormon church. I do provide evidence from LDS publications when talking about the teachings of Mormonism.
1a. I agree. But you're a poor excuse for an ex-mo turned anti-mo.
2a. You might be a guy but you were never an elder as one that knows his own doctrines.
3a. Amen that we can agree on this :)
4a. A liar? You just claimed the WoW was by way of a commandment from the Lord and it wasn't. You have said rumours were facts. They aren't. You stated second hand info and hearsay were facts and they aren't. You stated two court recorded statements were facts that Smith had sex with women. That was a lie. One Woman lied three times and admitted to knowing nothing of what she claimed. The other witness actually claimed nothing of Smith being sexually active. Some more lies. You stated it was a fact that Smith had sex with his wives. Well he married over 30 wives in three years. Your statement means he had sex with each of those thirty plus wives and you say you had facts to prove it. All your "facts" are actually statements made by first, second, third and fourth parties. You never actually proved Smith had sex with those wives by what is actually called a fact by court definition. So more lies.
You have stated some truths at times I agree.
But as long as you call something a 'fact' that a court of law wouldn't recognize as a 'fact' it remains a statement without credibility.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Why again Mormons are not Christians.
Garments of the Holy Priesthood

Garments of the Holy Priesthood. Sacred underwear worn by faithful temple Mormons which, they are told in the temple, "will be a shield and protection to you against the power of the destroyer until you have finished your work here on earth." Sewn into the garments are markings that resemble the compass, square, and level of Freemasonry. Mormons are told these garments are symbolic of the covering God gave Adam and Eve after their fall. According to twelfth President Spencer Kimball,“Temple garments afford protection. I am sure one could go to extreme in worshiping the cloth of which the garment is made, but one could also go to the other extreme. Though generally I think our protection is a mental, spiritual, moral one, yet I am convinced that there could be and undoubtedly have been many cases where there has been, through faith, an actual physical protection, so we must not minimize that possibility”(The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, p. 539). According to a church manual,“The garment provides a constant reminder of the covenants you have made in the temple. You should treat it with respect at all times. You should not expose it to the view of those who do not understand its significance, and you should not adjust it to accommodate different styles of clothing. When you wear it properly, it provides protection against temptation and evil. Wearing the garment is an outward expression of an inward commitment to follow the Savior”(Truth to the Faith, p. 173).

Again this was never Practiced by Jesus or his Disciples and is Ocultic at the very least.

For more info on the NON Christian practice of LDS holy underwear goto.
http://www.mrm.org/underwear

Truth matters only someone in a non Christian Cult would think HOLY underwear with not Christian symbols on it would afford them protection.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,281 - 19,300 of31,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••