Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20172 Feb 15, 2013
"If the principle of "progression" is eternally true, why is it that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not gods of their own worlds?"
They are, stupid. It's to be God of this world that the Son submitted to the will of the father. This mock of the truth of the Gospel was made by others who crucified Christ as you who said the same thing.
"If it is necessary to have a body in order to become a God, then how did the Holy Spirit, who does not have a body, attain the status of godhood?"
That's Godhood as far as you're concerned. Jesus Christ is God, His Father's still his Father in his Father's kingdom. To you the Holy Spirit is to be addressed as part of God's authority. No one else.
"If the book of Mormon is the most correct book of any on earth and contains the fullness of the gospel, then why does it not contain the essential Mormon doctrines of eternal progression, the priesthoods, the plurality of gods, that God is an exalted man, and the 3 degrees of glory?
If the book of Mormon was transmitted to us by the power of God, why does it have thousands of changes in it?"
<<
Same thing for the Bible. The idiocy of this is plain as the idiocy of your "No Polygamous Jews" fantasy.
<<
"Why does the book of Mormon say that black skin is not "enticing" to God's people in 2 Nephi 5:21?“And he had caused the acursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.”
They 'went native' and started living in the woods without clothes and swiftly became dark-skinned. You're not clear on skin pigmentation rising in people who live in the wild without clothes? And these people had Egyptian blood in them. Who's to say how that Egyptian blood came to the top of the gene pool. Maybe the dark skinned people were leaders because they represented such difference from the Nephites, and bred more. It certainly didn't happen without mechanism. You've got the reasoning of a paint huffer.
<<
"Why does the Mormon Church still claim the book of Abraham is inspired Scripture, when it has been demonstrated that it is not that, but is instead an Egyptian burial papyrus?"
It hasn't and that's all there is to it. It was found printed among Egyptian burial prayers and the originals vanished. They were in the hands of non Mormons the last time they were seen. Why'd they vanish?
<<
"How could the Garden of Eden be in Missouri (according to Mormonism) when the Pearl of great Price 3:10-14 tells us it was the area of Assyria when it mentions the rivers of Eden located there?"
Never clarified to me, personally.
<<
"Mormonism teaches an infinite regression of Gods, but an infinite regression of gods means that there is no first god by which his subjects were exalted to godhood. If there is no first God, how can there be a second and a third, and thus the Mormon doctrine of eternal progression?"
Mormonism doesn't teach an infinite regression mathematically: only as far back as mankind need reflect on his own heritage. He's been told he belongs to a race of Gods. You're surprised. Christ marveled at other men surprised at the same thing.
<<
"If Elohim (which is God the Father in Mormonism) was once a man, then he changed from being a man to becoming God. How is this possible when the Bible says in Psalm 90:2, that God is God from everlasting to everlasting?"
"Everlasting to everlasting" means, from eternity, to eternity, in other words the entire time of this earth God shall remain in place and be unmoved.
<<
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20173 Feb 15, 2013
"Joseph Smith said he saw God the father (and Jesus) in the first vision in 1820. Smith said he received the priesthood in 1829. In the Doctrine and Covenants 84:21-22 Smith said that you cannot see the face of God and live without the authority of the priesthood. How did Joseph Smith see God when he didn't have the priesthood?"

The same way Adam saw him before he had it, the same way Moses saw him before he had it. Yet, everyone knows, the same cases existed.
<<
How did Joseph Smith carry home the Golden plates when the weight of the plates, if they had been pure gold, would have been over 200 pounds?"

How can you be so stupid as to believe anyone ever said they were pure gold? He said they had the appearance yet when he moved them nearly a dozen people saw and handled them and said they weighed about 60 pounds, and that the Gold while appearing at first to be pure, was most certainly an alloy of copper and gold with the copper polished off the top to leave the un-corroding gold.
<<
"Some later Mormon apologists are theorizing that the Golden Plates were not pure gold, but an alloy weighing as little as 50 pounds. There is no mention by Joseph Smith receiving any supernatural help carrying the plates. How is it possible for Smith to run with 50 pounds of metal plates under his arm, for three miles, while being pursued and attacked three times?"

How's it possible for a young soldier to do the same running with 100 pounds? He was young & strong and motivated by fear for his life.
<<
"In Mormonism, the father is called Elohim and Jesus is called Jehovah. But in 1 Kings 8:60 it says that “The Lord is God.” Literally in the Hebrew it is “Jehovah is Elohim.” How do you explain this passage that says Jehovah is Elohim?"
The same way as when Christ said 'his Father is in Him and He in the Father'.
<<
"In Mormonism, God and his wife are exalted beings from another world. We know that life forms from another planet are called aliens. Therefore, isn't it true that Mormons worship an alien from another world who they call their god?"

We know you call them aliens. We call them the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and all the hosts of Heaven. Where you got "aliens" is for you to answer. That's not part of L.D.S. theology: it's part of yours.
<<
"Brigham Young, the second prophet of the Mormon Church, said that the birth of Jesus was "the result of natural action" (Journal of discourses, volume 8, page 115). He also said, "When the time came that His first-born, the Saviour, should come into the world and take a tabernacle, the Father came Himself and favoured that spirit with a tabernacle instead of letting any other man do it," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, p. 218). In light of this, how was Jesus born of the Virgin Mary?"

You still don't understand the FATHER made a woman PREGNANT and she gave birth to a SON who was the infant/boy/man JESUS, and that the FATHER did this causation of a pregnancy in a woman without sexual activity.
You're not in the 20th century where people have been creating natural children without sexual activity for more than a hundred years.
If you don't believe that FATHER could overshadow a WOMAN and caused a PREGNANCY creating a MAN then that's your problem. Everyone knows what the scriptural story is but you.
<<
"In light of the previous question and Mormon doctrine saying that we are all literally the children of God, then wasn’t Brigham Young teaching that God had relations with his spirit daughter?"

Yeah. Got a problem? You've told the whole mortal world. Tell God when you're dead, explaining how he couldn't get a woman pregnant without sexual activity.
Even though the world's been doing it a hundred years.
As far as the woman being his spirit child, what's that to you? Are you the arbiter of right and wrong vs who God the Father impregnates and has bear a child for him? No you're a hick who forgot Jews were polygamous 4,000 years.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20174 Feb 15, 2013
"According to Mormonism, Jesus was the one being married to Mary and Martha at the wedding of Cana in John 2. If this is so, then why was Jesus invited to his own wedding?"

Don't know.
<<
"If the book of Mormon is true, why have both National Geographic and the Smithsonian Institute rejected it as being archaeologically reliable?"

For the same reason they believe in Mannmade Global Warming: concensus science.
<<
"Why is it that there have been no archaeological discoveries at all that demonstrate what Joseph Smith said is "reformed Egyptian?"

Probably because the Catholic Church's employees burned every scrap of written material they could get their hands on for about a hundred years. You seem surprised at the effect that has. Don't you remember when your churches were torturing people to death in Europe? What happened to all those records?

What happened to all the original scriptures written in the languages of the Jews, around palestine? We know some Greek temple prostitutes formed a Greek pseudo-Christian church: they had to have gotten their information from somewhere.
Where happened to it? IT was DESTROYED mostly.
<<
"Why does the book of Mormon contain the word "church" in 1 Nephi 14:3, 9, 10, 12 which was set around 600 BC, yet the word church was not used until the time of Jesus (Matt. 16:18)?"

He was seeing what was going to come to pass and the Angel showing him, called them whatever word later translated from Nephi's word to 'church.'
<<
"Why is the French word "adieu" in the book of Mormon in Jacob 7:27?"

Because Adieu means on the order of 'Go with God' and the writer expressed a word close to Adieu.

"Why should I become a Mormon if when I die, I go to the middle level of heaven when that is where most Mormons will go anyway?"

Levels of glory are as big as worlds and bigger. You can go be a prostitute in Calcutta or the President of the United States: it's still a terrestrial kingdom.

If you want to be a shameless, lying, satanic gutter tramp the next life too, that's your business.
Somebody's gotta clean Mormon toilets in the next life.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20176 Feb 15, 2013
Obviously you're not going to be fit to lead if somebody has to answer even the simplest of questions like how translators put different words into transcripts.

Heavenly Father gave you words; you act like they're foreign objects. That's why he also gave you an oil well to scrub.

When you get some leadership and character, you won't have to suck, out in the middle of nowhere.

That'll have to wait till the next life, but those people who were disobedient in the time of Noe were glad to have the keys to unlocking hell offered them again, after a little time under that ground in graves.

You'll come around. We'll bet your life on it without so much as a blink.

And we're gonna be there telling you the same thing as here.

Get used to it. I see a lot of Mormons helping run the world.

Not so much, for ignorant Canadian oil workers stunned to find out as an ADULT

discussing Abrahamic/Judaic/Christianics history of worship,

God installed polygamy for 4,000 years among his people

as rule of law.

Somebody's gotta be on the low end of every kingdom

or there's no one to do the mindless, dumb-ass work in the freezing dark middle of nowhere.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20177 Feb 15, 2013
Care Enough To Google It wrote:
Obviously you're not going to be fit to lead if somebody has to answer even the simplest of questions like how translators put different words into transcripts.
Heavenly Father gave you words; you act like they're foreign objects. That's why he also gave you an oil well to scrub.
When you get some leadership and character, you won't have to suck, out in the middle of nowhere.
That'll have to wait till the next life, but those people who were disobedient in the time of Noe were glad to have the keys to unlocking hell offered them again, after a little time under that ground in graves.
You'll come around. We'll bet your life on it without so much as a blink.
And we're gonna be there telling you the same thing as here.
Get used to it. I see a lot of Mormons helping run the world.
Not so much, for ignorant Canadian oil workers stunned to find out as an ADULT
discussing Abrahamic/Judaic/Christianics history of worship,
God installed polygamy for 4,000 years among his people
as rule of law.
Somebody's gotta be on the low end of every kingdom
or there's no one to do the mindless, dumb-ass work in the freezing dark middle of nowhere.
LOL ROFL at you 12 years old you sure post like you are LOL

From your above childish rant above, full of name calling it is clear my last post is sound as you can't show were I miss quoted ore am in Error.

Thanks for showing those reading along that my last point is accurate to the T.

Mormons are not Christians and for sure Care Enough To Google It is not his posts tell us so.

Blessings

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20178 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a commandment. You were in that church for 30 years you claim and you didn't know the WoW didn't come by way of commandment? Once again you prove you know little of a religion you like to claim you know a lot about :)
"2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint,.."
The parts of the word of wisdom concerning alcohol(drugs), tobacco and caffeine have become a 'requirement' to abstain from when joining that church. And if you partake of them when a member, it's up to you to stop.
Try getting a temple recommend while smoking. If something is a "requirement" that would be the definition of a "commandment".

Marysville, CA

#20179 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Next. I have told you my opinion of this so I will say it once more.
Did Smith have sex with his wives? More than likely.
Can I prove he had sex with these wives? No.
Should I believe as you and others (and as I once also believed) that he had sexual relations with over thirty women in a three year period, for what may have been hundreds of instances? When other elders with only a few to several wives, were having a few to several kids by all their wives in the same time period and Smith had none by his, should I believe sexual relations were happening? When science has proved so far that not a single living descendant exists from any of these wives should I still claim as you sexual relations happened?
I think not. Wisdom dictates believe in evidence where evidence exists. Evidence exists that Smith and Emma had many, many children. That is uncontested evidence they were having sex. It also means they had sex a lot in their marriage. That's evidence to show sexual activity.
Unfortunately we have no children by any other wife of Smith. That leads doubt to sexual activity as people like you claim was taking place. And all the rumours and hearsay mean absolutely nothing. All the rumours and hearsay have proved absolutely nothing.
So did Smith have sex with his wives? It would be a normal thing if he did.
So do facts exist to prove Smith had sex with thirty plus wives in a three year period? No. Nothing exists to prove a single instance of sexual activity took place.
So I wait for facts to make their appearance. That's the wise thing to do :)
I don't need your level of requirement for facts to know he didn't marry them to shake their hands. Common sense works for those who haven't been brainwashed.

Marysville, CA

#20180 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is more likely to be true? His opinion that he saw God and angels? Many of the notable and not notable ones through out the centuries have claimed to have seen God and or angels. Soldiers on the battle fields have claimed to seen angels in the midst of fighting. Joan of Arc is said to have had her vision from the Lord. Paul had his vision of the Lord. People having life after death experiences have claimed to have seen God and angels and dead relatives.
I didn't see them go running to start a new church, and then use it to cheat on his wife, steal from the members, and screw the members wives.

Marysville, CA

#20181 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again proving you learned absolutely nothing in your 30 years as a Mormon about Mormons.
He was jailed for "riot". But he was essentially killed for his religious beliefs, not for having a printing press destroyed, fricking get real lol..
As usual, you believe whatever fairytale you want to make up. He was arrested for destroying a printing press. But violating Constitutional law was hardly the least of his crimes.

Marysville, CA

#20182 Feb 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
What was said was they practiced polygamy for 4,000.
Your 'ninja anti-key copy paste skills' then your responding to every post you disagree with... except the posts you can't come up with something to say about them.
You do have a problem with people posting the evidence to back what we are saying. That isn't making us wrong, it is only making you blind.
Stop whining.

Marysville, CA

#20183 Feb 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what Egypt's agenda is?
Is he one of your atheist associates?
Are you posting under Egypt as a double?
I'm not atheist. And I don't know what beliefs Egypt holds.
Paranoia will destroy ya.

Marysville, CA

#20184 Feb 15, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> You must have missed the Sunday when they taught Love one another a Jesus loves you.
When a person can't even get the sex of a person right, it's sad. I understand his anger, I'm challenging his core beliefs. So he isn't hurting my feelings. I use to be that angry as a member.

Marysville, CA

#20185 Feb 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Mary was a virgin before and after God "impregnated"/ overshadowed her and she became pregnant.(MORE of your 'ninja anti-key' word TWISTING games 'trying' to produce opinion as evidence')
Not according to the LDS church:
“And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this Holy Being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father. There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events,...Christ is the Son of Man, meaning that his Father (the Eternal God!) is a Holy Man.” Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 742

"Now, we are told in scriptures that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. Well, now for the benefit of the older ones, how are children begotten? I answer just as Jesus Christ was begotten of his father ... Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body." Prophet Joseph F. Smith, Family Home Evening Manual, 1972, pp.125,126

“as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of His Father, as we were of our fathers" (Ibid., vol. 8, p. 115) President Ezra Taft Benson

"The birth of the Savior was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action.(Adam) He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers." Journal of Discourses, Brigham Young, 8:115
2) Adam and Eve were taught about 'commandments and all things' since the very beginning... thus, I am to come to understand the knowledge of the God, commandments, "the gospel",
- meaning "CHRISTIANITY" was here since then... the very beginning.
GET IT?
Your argument has no credibility.
If true, why did Jesus change so many of the laws when he came?

Marysville, CA

#20186 Feb 15, 2013
"Brigham Young, the second prophet of the Mormon Church, said that the birth of Jesus was "the result of natural action" (Journal of discourses, volume 8, page 115). He also said, "When the time came that His first-born, the Saviour, should come into the world and take a tabernacle, the Father came Himself and favoured that spirit with a tabernacle instead of letting any other man do it," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, p. 218). In light of this, how was Jesus born of the Virgin Mary?"
You still don't understand the FATHER made a woman PREGNANT and she gave birth to a SON who was the infant/boy/man JESUS, and that the FATHER did this causation of a pregnancy in a woman without sexual activity.
You're not in the 20th century where people have been creating natural children without sexual activity for more than a hundred years.
If you don't believe that FATHER could overshadow a WOMAN and caused a PREGNANCY creating a MAN then that's your problem. Everyone knows what the scriptural story is but you.
Brigham Young clearly stated "the result of natural action" not "natural children". Words mean something, and even today, there is only one "natural action" that creates children. That is why all the other ways are called "artificial."
Failed.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20187 Feb 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Brigham Young clearly stated "the result of natural action" not "natural children". Words mean something, and even today, there is only one "natural action" that creates children. That is why all the other ways are called "artificial."
Failed.
A frantic resort to semantics doesn't erase the definition of the words father, son, mother, pregnant, conceive, and virgin.

The Father made a woman pregnant and she remained a virgin.

You'll deal with it and nobody cares if you're a scoffing mocker like the people who would have told Joseph the same thing you're saying: there's no way a woman got pregnant without sex.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20188 Feb 15, 2013
She did, and it burns you up. LoLoLoLoL!

You're saying precisely what the people said who Joseph had to hide the pregnancy of Mary from!! What sport!

What a ignorant pervert & general purpose gospel story hillbilly. You and Egypt are a pair of pro-Sodomite scoffers matched in hell! LoL!
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20189 Feb 15, 2013
From Scoffing Mocker University, Wikipedia:

"Natural cycle In-Vitro-Fertilization"

"IVF can be performed by collecting a naturally selected egg from woman’s natural menstrual cycle without the use of any drugs.

IT IS KNOWN as NATURAL cycle IVF.

The first test tube baby Louise Brown was born following NATURAL cycle IVF. "
==========

the NAME of the IN VITRO PROCESS most like that described in the Bible is *NATURAL IN VITRO*

==========
In Vitro Fertilization: The NATURAL Way
By Jacques Kadoch, MD
Fall 2005

There has long been a demand for an IVF technique that works on a woman’s natural cycle,

***without ovarian stimulation***.
----------
The answer is NATURAL cycle IVF.
----------

Increasing numbers of infertile couples are attracted to this alternative protocol, which seems to come closer to
the ideal IVF scenario:
to conceive an embryo with high implantation potential at the start of a single pregnancy – but with minimal medical intervention.

----------
History
Twenty-five years ago, Edwards and Steptoe achieved the first human pregnancy through IVF

*after transferring an embryo from a NATURAL cycle.*

*** In these early years, doctors had to depend entirely on the cycle’s NATURAL timing.

This meant that oocyte retrieval

***often took place in the middle of the night***

***under general anesthetic***

and required a laparoscopy.
----------
Note two of the above are mentioned SPECIFICALLY in the BIBLE DESCRIPTION of the CONCEPTION
of Jesus Christ
by his MOTHER
& FATHER.
----------
More ON WHY THIS IN VITRO is REFERRED TO as

"THE NATURAL WAY"

" With natural cycle IVF the treatment cycle relies on the spontaneous development of one follicle only and therefore the aspiration of only one egg from the follicle

(it is possible however that the cycle can have more than one egg or no eggs).

There is nothing new about natural cycle IVF, in fact Louise Brown, the world’s first ‘test-tube baby' was conceived using this method in 1978."
----------

So
of ALL the METHODS

of IN VITRO there is ONE type called

"THE NATURAL WAY"

That's often used for older fathers who have wives who are young, when the father already has children but wants one with the mother,

that involves the woman being in a deep sleep,

that involves doing the procedure late at night,

and involves fertilization of ONE egg produced.

Yeah words mean something.

The very method MOST LIKE that

described IN the BIBLE has a SPECIFIC
MEDICAL

NAME:

"NATURAL"

in vitro fertilization.

We told you it would be natural and it would be virgin.

You told us that's impossible.

Then again you also told us the Jews weren't polygamous for 4,000 years.

So yeah words mean something and it turns out the METHOD NAMED by MEDICAL SCIENCE as "THE NATURAL method"

is the one described near IDENTICALLY in the Bible.

But you insist that

God the FATHER
isn't the FATHER.

That Mary the MOTHER
didn't get IMPREGNATED
by the FATHER
of her SON
Jesus Christ.

By the NATURAL in vitro method.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20190 Feb 15, 2013
Theologians didn't name it "The NATURAL way."

MEDICAL SCIENCE named it "The NATURAL way."

So yeah stupid, words mean something.

This time as pretty much all the time they mean you're proven full of crap with the offhand ease of taking candy from one of Satan's many, perverted, retarded children.
Care Enough To Google It

Live Oak, CA

#20191 Feb 15, 2013
Egypt's still shaking his head after finding out Jews practiced polygamy for 4,000 years.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20193 Feb 15, 2013
Egypt's still shaking his head after finding out Jews practiced polygamy for 4,000 years.
I am about to use a word in the way it was truly meant to be used.

YOU are and Idiot.

I never said Jews did not practice Polygamy.

I know they did
I know some stole
I know some set up astar poles and had false Idols and bowed down to graven images.

And like Polygamy God never instructed them to do these things, nor did any of his prophets not once INCLUDING polygamy. In fact God commands us to do the opposite.

So if we are to follow your LDS illogical irrational thought process because Jews did it we can do it then we can murder commit Idolatry, steal, cheat, lie

So again I post in the truest meaning of the words definition,

YOU are and Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min iamcuriousnow 14,993
News Female candidate quits Kansas race over 2005 ha... 3 min See The Light 12
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 3 min Chilli J 1,362
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Rider on the Storm 47,207
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,659,245
News Trump accusers call for congressional investiga... 8 min Death on 2 Legs 205
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 10 min Mothra 1,672
News Kentucky reeling from sexual assault, harassmen... 1 hr Retribution 13
News Democrats silent on whether Trump should resign... 2 hr See The Light 73
More from around the web