Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32072 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Dr Weed

Topeka, KS

#16668 Oct 6, 2012
Republicans and Americans everywhere should be proud to recall as they go to the polls on Election Day to vote for and elect the first non-Christian President of the United States of America, Mitt Romney.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16669 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not answering the question. So lying by deception is certainly one of the commandments you break of the church. Only the leaders are allow to lie for the Lord.
YOU GOT CAUGHT *L*Y*I*N*G*

when the TRUTH WOULD

HAVE WORKED BETTER.

*** AS I TOLD PEOPLE TO WATCH:***

*** DANA WILL BE CAUGHT LYING PRESENTLY***

As indeed you did.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16670 Oct 6, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>U really are psycho
The rigidity of your thinking makes me sad for humanity.
Father Overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#16671 Oct 6, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry much?
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#16672 Oct 6, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
By their fruits you shall know them.
Yeah I've been pointing that out to them.

The part about the FRUITS of those CHURCHES being the FINAL ARBITER of whether they believe in Christ.

50% DIVORCE

50% WOMEN RAPED/MOLESTED

50% MEN admit ADULTERY on their WIVES

50% WOMEN on HARD PHARMACEUTICALS

30% MEN RAPED/MOLESTED

20% of YOUNG ADULTS HAVE VENEREAL INFECTIONS.

That's not the fruits of the Lord:

that's the fruits of Satan coming to fruition.

Then there's the NOT BEING ABLE TO ARRANGE A COHERENT RELIGION.

Then there's the CHECKING AGAINST the OVERALL WAY, the ANCIENT ISRAELITE NATION was SET UP:

POLYGAMY - needs to be there.

MARRIAGE effectively COMMANDED - needs to be there

STRICT FORBIDDING of NON-HETEROSEXUAL or ZOOPHILIC BEHAVIOR
- needs to be there.

PRACTICING a SABBATH every 7 days needs to be there

PROPHETS who WRITE, EDIT, and PUBLISH their REVELATIONS in an UNCLOSED CANON - needs to be there.

MIRACLES and BELIEF in them - needs to be there.

Finally the FIRST and LAST THING,
O.N.C.E. AGAIN:

WHAT are the FRUITS of the CHURCHES:

The INQUISITION: MURDER and TORTURE over the ENTIRE SPREAD of it's REACH. Forbidding of marriage.

The MURDER of the ENTIRE NORTH AMERICAN INDIAN POPULATION and of SCORES of MILLIONS of SOUTH AMERICAN INDIANS

upon INTRODUCING your GOD:

MURDER in the MILLIONS
RAPE and TORTURE in the MILLIONS
THEFT of ALL PEOPLE HAD in the MILLIONS.

SIX HUNDRED YEARS' MUDEROUS SLAVERY with attendent misery to
M.I.L.L.I.O.N.S.

WORLD WAR ONE

WORLD WAR TWO

AIDS

That isn't the work of Jesus Christ.

That's the work of murderous rapine thieving, adulterous, v.d.-infected,
intoxicated
whores.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#16673 Oct 6, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The rigidity of the social stats that make you people look like bonobos

is what makes you sad.

The fact you can't even realize there's such thing as life without venereal disease,
rape, molestation,
ADULTERY BY your HUSBAND
addiction to hard pharmaceuticals

that makes you sad.

The fact we don't have those problems

that makes you sad.

The fact you are doomed to be with someone whose deepest religious conviction is to GET AWAY FROM YOU WHEN THEY DIE

that makes you sad.

The fact we live the way we do, get better results,

that makes you sad.

The fact you can't call your husband because he gets tired of even coming home to you

that makes you sad.

The fact you have NO IDEA of whether any children you have are going to MOLEST or BE molested,
whether they will have ANY chance of not being RAPED or MOLESTED past ONE in TWO

that makes you sad.

So all in all

I'd say you have our sympathy.
You certainly have mine, and I'm not exaggerating it.
I've seen too many of you people jump off a bridge.
It's really

well - sad.
BIG BIRD

Hartsdale, NY

#16675 Oct 6, 2012
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We belive the BIBLE to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. We also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
We all that God had revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that he will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
We believe in the literal gathering of Irael and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion, the New Jerusalem, will be build upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and that the earth will be renewes and receive its paradisiacal glory.
We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law.
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follow thw admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hop all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
Well, apparently, Mr. Romney doesn't follow the rules nor does he follow the Ten Commandments.
Thou Shalt Not Lie ... but he lies like a rug about everything just to beat his opponent.
Thou shalt not steal .. but he steals from the poor to give to the rich. And he does not pay his fair share of income taxes. Instead, he hides his money in offshore accounts.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor (or Presidential opponent)
Is this a Godly man? I think not.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16676 Oct 6, 2012
Father Overtime wrote:
<quoted text>Cry much?
No...hopefully, sheep like u will never be in a majority.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#16677 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And one of the biggest commandments to to worship God in spirit and truth. Mormonism, fails this commandment, teaching people not to keep the commandment this way. Here is what Paul said of you:
Romans 1:21-23 (NASB)
21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man
And what does Mormonism teach? "As man is, God once was..."
Good luck with that.
WHAT does the BIBLE TEACH?
That AS JESUS CHRIST WAS, so are WE
And that AS JESUS CHRIST BECAME, SO CAN WE.

PROFESSING to be WISE, you COME HERE showing your FOOLISH HEARTS are DARKENED, your WORKS of SATAN:

WORLD WAR ONE
WORLD WAR TWO
SLAVERY for SIX HUNDRED YEARS
50% DIVORCE
50% WOMEN RAPED/MOLESTED
50% MEN *ADMIT ADULTERY*
50% WOMEN on HARD PHARMACEUTICALS.

You EXCHANGED the TEACHINGS of an INCORRUPTABLE GOD

for the TEACHINGS of the CORRUPTIBLE FORM of MEN.

Jesus Christ was a MAN.
He became a GOD.

You CAN NOT ESCAPE that FACT.

If as you CLAIM and as WE CLAIM
he was GOD BEFORE

then, he was GOD who BECAME MAN.

And if he was GOD BEFORE
but HAD HALF MARY'S D.N.A
then he had become a MAN -

whose D.N.A. had a programmed date of death in it.

Therefore if he was GOD who became MAN

and DIED and was RESURRECTED and became GOD AGAIN

your stupid juice just told you if you stay intoxicated on it LONG enough,

we'll all be unable to figure out that God

became MAN.
and then GOD went from BEING MAN - so he could die and save us

to earning the right to arise and continue on: as GOD
teaching again,
acting JUST LIKE HE DID BEFORE when he was a MAN
acting JUST LIKE HE DID BEFORE when he was a GOD.

Teaching MANKIND how to BECOME like GOD.
Teaching MANKIND how to BECOME AS GOD.

Jesus Christ SCOFFED at the Jews' REFUSAL to ADMIT his TEACHINGS: saying to them,

IS IT NOT WRITTEN in the SCRIPTURES,'YE ARE GODS'?

HE said that.
HE USED that.

You as well deny it when Jesus Christ had to REMIND PEOPLE THEIR SCRIPTURE TAUGHT IT.

He said 'now when I say I'm the Son of God'....

(they didn't buy that EITHER and acted like it was WRONG to them)

but you BUY the part about being God's SON.

Except according to you GOD can't HAVE a SON.
Because he doesn't KNOW HE'S NOT a MAN.

Because he doesn't KNOW he's not a FATHER.

He THINKS he is a FATHER but YOU KNOW BETTER.

Jesus THINKS his scriptures teach YE ARE GODS but YOU KNOW BETTER.

No,
you know, you like homosexuality.
you know, you like sex with animals.
you know, you like sex with anyone but your wife.

Because the most despicable thing you can imagine is people teaching YE ARE GODS and they are commanded to marry because their GODHOOD involves being FATHER
SON
MOTHER
DAUGHTER.

To you that's evil.

"Ye are Gods" - but THAT'S EVIL, to teach Y"E are Gods."

JESUS CHRIST POINTING OUT 'YE ARE GODS' as DEFENSE of himself claiming to ALSO be directly related to God.

But that teaching is E.V.I.L.- it makes YOUR god
disgusted.

Pfft.

You still haven't recovered from finding out Jesus Christ's father could make a woman pregnant without having sex with her.

Oh they do that in hospitals every day, but THAT'S impossible for God. Your INTERNIST can do it but GOD
CAN'T.

EXPLAIN to EVERYONE AGAIN, your DOCTRINE about how your LOCAL DOCTOR can GET a WOMAN PREGNANT WITHOUT SEXUAL ACTS

but in YOUR OPINION

GOD is TOO STUPID to be able to ACHIEVE that.

EXPLAIN that to everyone so we can all gather round and hear about your GOD being MORE stupid

THAN your INTERNIST.

So your stupid juice cup runneth even until full, and overflowing.

Because that RAT you pray to

sold you one fourth the scriptures
hence
one fourth the morality
hence
and one forth the sense

again.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#16678 Oct 6, 2012
So you go tell your rat
that said Jesus Christ is a BLASPHEMER
for REMINDING people the SCRIPTURES SAY 'YE ARE GODS'

that I'm not buying it and I want to see something beside

the Inquisition
the murdered North Americans
the murdered South Americans
the murdered Africans enslaved SIX HUNDRED YEARS,
the murdered Mormons
World War One
World War Two
AIDS
50% divorce
50% of his women raped/molested
50% of his husbands admitting adultery
50% of his women on hard pharmaceuticals
30% of his men raped/molested
20% of his young adults with venereal disease
hard drug abuse
alcohol abuse
tobacco abuse
domestic violence
nuclear family instability

YOU here to try to INCITE HARD FEELINGS

before I decide your rat

is Jesus Christ.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16679 Oct 7, 2012
Father Overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Inthenameofdanarobertsgospel, amen.
The reason for the missionary age change was to make it more streamline with education. Silly Dana always trying to tell people the church is struggling.
You stick with that story, baby.

Marysville, CA

#16680 Oct 7, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
MORMONISM is not representing individualism... it's not representing majority... it's representing LDS STANDDARD... THAT JESUS SET FORTH... not not ashamed.
So all these cutesy videos the LDS church is releasing showing individualism under the banner of "I'm a Mormon too" is just more "lying for the Lord?"

That I can believe.

Marysville, CA

#16681 Oct 7, 2012
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ was a MAN.
He became a GOD.
Jesus Christ was a God who became a man.

John 1 (NASB)
The Deity of Jesus Christ

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

You are demonstrating "the darkness did not comprehend it." good luck with that.

Marysville, CA

#16682 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Teaching MANKIND how to BECOME AS GOD.
Jesus Christ SCOFFED at the Jews' REFUSAL to ADMIT his TEACHINGS: saying to them,
IS IT NOT WRITTEN in the SCRIPTURES,'YE ARE GODS'?
HE said that.
HE USED that.
You as well deny it when Jesus Christ had to REMIND PEOPLE THEIR SCRIPTURE TAUGHT IT.
Numbers 23:19
“ God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent

Isaiah 43:10
“You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,“And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.(So much for your plan of Salvation)

Jesus was quoting Psalm 82:

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

What is going to happen to those gods?:

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Jesus wasn't teaching that man could become gods. He was teaching that we are like God in that we know the difference between right and wrong. That is how we are made in God's image.

"Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me."

Get the message?

Marysville, CA

#16683 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
You still haven't recovered from finding out Jesus Christ's father could make a woman pregnant without having sex with her.
No, I believe 100% God made Mary pregnant without having sex with her. Your the one that can't come to terms with the fact the LDS church teaches that God boned his daughter the same way you daddy boned your mother:

-Joseph Smith taught that God had sex with Mary...

"President Young spoke of the first organization of this school by Joseph Smith the Prophet. The Word of Wisdom was given in this school. President Young said Adam was Michael the arch angel and he was the father of Jesus Christ and was our God and that Joseph taught this principle." Wilford Woodruff Journal, Vol.4, p.288, September 17, 1854

-There was nothing figurative about His paternity...

“And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this Holy Being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father. There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events,...Christ is the Son of Man, meaning that his Father (the Eternal God!) is a Holy Man.” Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 742

-He was concieved in the normal way...

"Their testimony is that Mary's son is God's Son; that he was conceived and begotten in the normal way; that he took upon himself mortality by the natural birth processes; that he inherited the power of mortality from his mother and the power of immortality from his Father-in consequence of all of which he was able to work out the infinite and eternal atonement." Bruce R. McConkie, The Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ, p.472

-The Son of God in the literal sense...

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints proclaims that Jesus Christ is the Son of God in the most literal sense. The body in which He performed His mission in the flesh was sired by that same Holy Being we worship as God our Eternal Father. Jesus was not the son of Joseph, nor was He begotten by the Holy Ghost. He is the Son of the Eternal Father!" President Ezra Taft Benson, Come Unto Christ, p. 4

-Heavenly Father was the Father of His body...

"Now, we are told in scriptures that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. Well, now for the benefit of the older ones, how are children begotten? I answer just as Jesus Christ was begotten of his father ... Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body." Prophet Joseph F. Smith, Family Home Evening Manual, 1972, pp.125,126

-The result of a natural action...

“as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of His Father, as we were of our fathers" (Ibid., vol. 8, p. 115) President Ezra Taft Benson

-There was nothing unnatural about it...

"...I will say that I was naturally begotten; so was my father, also my Saviour Jesus Christ. According to the Scriptures, he is the first begotten of his father in the flesh, and there was nothing unnatural about it." Journal of Discourses, Heber C. Kimball, 8:211

-Same way mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers...

“These name-titles all signify that our Lord in the only Son of the Father in the flesh. Each of the words is to be understood literally. Only means only; Begotten means begotten; and Son means son. Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers.” Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine,1966, pp. 546-547

Your God has sex with his daughters. Good luck with that.

Marysville, CA

#16684 Oct 7, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
AGAIN... I SAID:
You representing YOU is one thing... and I'm cool with that.
But you misrepresenting the Church standards is another.
If you want to find the references to your claims that YOU as a member of the LDS Church gets to define God's laws, and the standards of the Church as LDS Doctrine... I would like to see that.
Because MORMONISM is STANDARDS... it's OBEDIENCE to the STANDARDS... that is called DUTY.
As Ann Romney doesn't often wear her temple garments, sh must not represent Mormonism either, right? Thank you for showing here is no grace in the LDS church.

Marysville, CA

#16685 Oct 7, 2012
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU GOT CAUGHT *L*Y*I*N*G*
when the TRUTH WOULD
HAVE WORKED BETTER.
*** AS I TOLD PEOPLE TO WATCH:***
*** DANA WILL BE CAUGHT LYING PRESENTLY***
As indeed you did.
Considering that you lie in every post, I'm doing better than you. LOL!!!

You do like to make much ado about nothing.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#16686 Oct 7, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers 23:19
“ God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent
Isaiah 43:10
“You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,“And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.(So much for your plan of Salvation)
Jesus was quoting Psalm 82:
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
What is going to happen to those gods?:
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Jesus wasn't teaching that man could become gods. He was teaching that we are like God in that we know the difference between right and wrong. That is how we are made in God's image.
Get the message?
ABSOLUTELY.

God made a SPECIFIC POINT to
REMIND MEN the SCRIPTURES SAY 'YE ARE GODS.'
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Live Oak, CA

#16687 Oct 7, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that you lie in every post, I'm doing better than you. LOL!!!
You do like to make much ado about nothing.
Your lies were forecast and appeared like turning on a light switch:

you got to speak,

SO YOU

STARTED

LYING.

***FOREWARNED that people would be WATCHING***

Marysville, CA

#16688 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
ABSOLUTELY.
God made a SPECIFIC POINT to
REMIND MEN the SCRIPTURES SAY 'YE ARE GODS.'
That are going to die. does your god die?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 2 min Lawrence Wolf 2,197
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min America 253,393
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Susanm 1,459,273
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Rico from East Lo... 404,171
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Pups 312,805
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 6 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1,032
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 7 min America 435
More from around the web