Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
15,941 - 15,960 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Again they are ALL in the bible. Your prophet is not. Why is he needed? Why isn't JESUS enough? The bible does mention FALSE PROPHETS and your guy is a false prophet.
By their fruits you shall know them.
Father Overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
By their fruits you shall know them.
The bible doesn't say anything about a restoration of the gospel either. Nope, Acts 3, 19-21 does not exist.

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, not Michael the Archangel. I do not know where you got your information, but your supposed knowledge of the Mormon religion is seriously flawed. For accurate information on what the LDS, or Mormon, religion, go to www.mormon.org .
Because that website is the truth? Lol it's made by the same lying prophets you believe in.
Father Overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that website is the truth? Lol it's made by the same lying prophets you believe in.
The same lying prophets that are helping make sure the gospel is preached throughout the entire world as proclaimed in 2 Peter.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a lot closer to the kingdom of Heaven than you can ever hope to be.
Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is loIve.
1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Sarah passes these verses. You fail it completely.
Thanks Dana. I <3 you.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Post 16317 For easier read... I spaced the sentences apart... did not change any words, characters, or punctuations.
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that, I truly do.

However, do you know what your problem is darling?? You are the kind of woman that makes others think "those Mormon women just do whatever they are told".

Sweetheart it is ok to be a Mormon and have issues with some of the things we are told.

It is okay to question it and it is okay to just be human.

Let me tell you what I believe.

I believe Joseph Smith was a prophet.

I believe Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I believe we are the restored church of the latter days. I don't question if the book of Mormon is true.

Every time I pick it up and read it I feel the spirit confirm that to me.

I will raise my children in the doctrine and standards that I have been taught.

I will hope they grow to have their own testimony and if I am very lucky maybe get married in the temple.

Now, let me tell you something else.

Let me tell you what I won't do.

I WILL NOT teach my son that masturbation is wrong and if you show me one man( or woman for that matter) who has never done it I will gladly kiss your rear end.

I WILL NOT teach my kids that if they fall in love with someone of the same gender that they are bad people.

I WILL NOT be a cookie cutter Mormon.

I will be me. Apparently that offends you and I really don't care.

You will not find me listening to the Mormon tabernacle choir when I am in the car alone.

You will probably find me listening to 9 inch nails, Godsmack or my favorite song, crazy Bitch by Buckcherry.

If you see a drunk in town stop me and ask me for beer money, chances are I will hand him 2 bucks.

Why? Because he was honest and didn't steal it from me.

When I go home you will find me reading my scriptures, having FHE and fulfilling my callings.

Okay, I'm done with you.

Please to anyone who thinks we are all the nutcase pirate is, we aren't.

I promise :P ohh and one last thing, your use of spokeo for facts is ALMOST as funny as nomos use of youtube.
You see "not ashamed", this is your issue with me.

I have multiple times tried to "leave you to it" and it not involve me.

You are the one who attacked my statement when I came in the room... referring to God's first lesson, he taught in this mortal life, being about modesty because it was so important to him he gave Adam and Eve a coat and said cover theyselves.

You are the one that made the statement you like to wear short skirts to have a little mystery about you... then trying to excuse it by saying you can't find skirts long enough because you are so tall 5'10' it's almost impossible. That's when I offended you by saying the truth... that it's your choice what length skirt you wear I am 5'8" and all my skirts are below my knees.

I am responding to you... not engaging you. Understand? You have the choice to go to Church nude if you choice... I don't care. Get it. Do what you want. I don't care what you do not ashamed. You are not my DUTY.

I am here to do my DUTY and that is to defend the falsehoods regarding the Church. I give no excuse about that.

As for the quote... sorry it offends you that I can post what a Holy Prophet says. You figure out what is wrong with you being offending that I posted it, or leave it.

Simple... your choice. Dana being a woman (spokeo finds information about everyone from the information in computer sytems... get it. She put down she is a female.)

Now, I don't care how Dana or you represent yourselves, and I don't care if who decide to like or not to like. But, don't say that it's ok for Mormons to choice which standards to stick to... it's your DUTY... but it's your individual CHOICE what you will do.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

If my post shows up multiple times... sorry in advance.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>

My bishop is well aware of my feelings.

I don't answer to my Bishop, I answer to my heavenly father.

Not to mention, the vile things you say here are FAR from christian.

You ditch most of the commandments.

You are vile, nasty, intolerant, and you disgust me.

You aren't working for God, you are here to judge and prove those who hate us right.
and this

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>

Really? The greatest commandment in the church that we are taught, that we we teach out kids, is love one another as Jesus loves you.

Love is tolerance, forgiveness, understanding and acceptance.

I don't care if you like it or not.

I represent the MAJORITY.

Get over it.
MORMONISM is not representing individualism... it's not representing majority... it's representing LDS STANDDARD... THAT JESUS SET FORTH... not not ashamed.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

MOROMISM... is about boundaries and authority... not rebellion.

It is doing your duty. I have been here for however many months. I am not perfect... never claimed to be.

But, I never said like or not I will do my will and that is MORMONISM. YES... she has represented herself as MORMONISM. SHE IS NOT... SHE IS AN INDIVIDUAL SAME AS ME..

The LDS Church is Jesus Church... and that is MORMONISM... not individualism. Seperate entities... get it?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Authority... Order... Boundaries... Obedience... DUTY... get it?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

I do not have the AUTHORITY to come in here and say... I am MORMONISM... The CHURCH can like it or LUMP IT... I will do it my way... and I will SAY THAT MY WAY IS MORMONISM.

THEN SAY I DO NOT RESPECT AUTHORITY AND ORDER IN ALL THINGS> HELLO??? ANYBODY HOME?

The Church is named after Jesus Christ... it is his CHURCH... HE SET IT UP THE WAY HE WANTED.

That means:

WE CAN DO IT HIS WAY...

OR NOT...

But we can't say HIS CHURCH IS WRONG for establishing boundaries even if we don't agree.

I haven't met anyone as of yet that has lived an exact perfect life... that's what Jesus came down here and suffered and died for us... so we can repent. That's Jesus way.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

I do not think you understand me.
Sorry about spelling..

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

AGAIN... I SAID:

You representing YOU is one thing... and I'm cool with that.

But you misrepresenting the Church standards is another.

If you want to find the references to your claims that YOU as a member of the LDS Church gets to define God's laws, and the standards of the Church as LDS Doctrine... I would like to see that.

Because MORMONISM is STANDARDS... it's OBEDIENCE to the STANDARDS... that is called DUTY.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

AGAIN... I SAID:

I am a Mormon not Mormonism... neither are you.

Mormonism is the Church standards... the teachings and commandments of Heavenly Father.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

sportxmouse wrote:
I do not have the AUTHORITY to come in here and say... I am MORMONISM... The CHURCH can like it or LUMP IT... I will do it my way... and I will SAY THAT MY WAY IS MORMONISM.

THEN SAY I DO NOT RESPECT AUTHORITY AND ORDER IN ALL THINGS> HELLO??? ANYBODY HOME?

The Church is named after Jesus Christ... it is his CHURCH... HE SET IT UP THE WAY HE WANTED.

That means:

WE CAN DO IT HIS WAY...

OR NOT...

But we can't say HIS CHURCH IS WRONG for establishing boundaries even if we don't agree.

I haven't met anyone as of yet that has lived an exact perfect life... that's what Jesus came down here and suffered and died for us... so we can repent. That's Jesus way.
U really are psycho

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U really are psycho
respecting authority and order in following Jesus Christ makes you a psycho?

OK!... lol
Dr Weed

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Republicans and Americans everywhere should be proud to recall as they go to the polls on Election Day to vote for and elect the first non-Christian President of the United States of America, Mitt Romney.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not answering the question. So lying by deception is certainly one of the commandments you break of the church. Only the leaders are allow to lie for the Lord.
YOU GOT CAUGHT *L*Y*I*N*G*

when the TRUTH WOULD

HAVE WORKED BETTER.

*** AS I TOLD PEOPLE TO WATCH:***

*** DANA WILL BE CAUGHT LYING PRESENTLY***

As indeed you did.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>U really are psycho
The rigidity of your thinking makes me sad for humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••