Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

pearl

Sandy, UT

#30485 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, not again. You told me you read. You tell me I tell you things you already know remember?
The four teens didn't make accusations of sexual activity that led to having a child with Smith. That's why I dismissed them.
I was addressing the eight females 20 and older who after Smith's death claimed to of had his child inferring sexual relations, get it? Why would I address non-existing accusations? Read the post.
Why would you think a wife would have to accuse her husband of sexual relations with her before coming to the conclusion there was sex? Surely not all his celestial wives were corrupt enough to to discuss there personal affairs for worldly benefits.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30486 Dec 18, 2013
Post 15552
At my age I think I can be held culpable. Are you looking for reason to see me as less than human, non-christian, half-breed, uneducated, worked in an unfit industry, we're well on our way. Maybe I could attain animal status.

//
Post 15569
Pearl,

Listen up:

Stepping up and outis hard. I get that completely, but it is possible.

I did it; my husband did it; many do it every day; the thing is to remember you're not alone; life is about chooses.

It is possible to choose for yourself what you believe...

and if you chose to get an education it's never too late... even if your behind... IT'S NEVER TOO LATE there are programs to help you.

I always told my kids YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE; BUT IT TAKES WORK - HARD WORK.

Don't be overcome with the judgemental side of things. Stepping up is hard... your environment can trap you if you let it, that is true... but it's your choose to let it or not.

Everyone comes to this earth to experience things... challenges are one of those things. We don't all come here to be rich and go to private schools.

Nobody can choose for you... you have to choose to step up for yourself.

//
Post 15570
She's not necessarily talking about choosing between right and wrong.

I think she's talking about her environment holding her back... you may or may not understand that... but people are put down here to endure challenges and be tested.

Pearls challenges are definately different then yours. She may not have anything to cling to except the people in her culture (her family, friends, etc). Give her a break... she's reaching out.

I did not see her say I can't choose between right and wrong because of her environment.

I seen her say it's hard for her sometimes to switch between languages because she is native American Indian,

and I seen her say it's hard for her to understand sometimes because of her environment.

//
POST 15571
Pearl,

Free agency has a lot to do with how you choose to live your life... even though it's hard to believe that sometimes.

I don't know your situation, I am not here to judge you. However, I understand it being hard.

Stepping up is hard... it's not meant to be easy... but it is worth it. I'm not talking about choosing a religion; I'm talking about choosing what kind of life you're gonna live.

Free agency don't forget that... you have free agency... no matter what anyone tries to make you believe.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30487 Dec 18, 2013
It went on... to say more anyone interested can go find out

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#30488 Dec 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm curious Dana, have you ever bedded a woman by claiming to be Gods right hand man? Did you ever promise a women eternal salvation in exchange for a jump in the hay?
Dana's reply to you... "Nah, couldn't ever lie that big enough." ...do note he didn't actually answer the question as I predicted :)

Location hidden

#30489 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Well fricking startle me you did! lol. You, expressing what you claim is truth for the record for someone else???? You want us to believe nomo, Mrs hate raging speak as vile and filthy as possible of others is actually married to someone that puts up with that side of her? On the other hand if what you claim is true, maybe what you claim if true, maybe it verifies what I stated before. That if she has a spouse, they know nothing of the dark, rude, vile, filthy demeaning type thinking she spills in her quite regularly.
...Ockhams Razor, lunatic, your crazy is on high tonight. LMAO

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30490 Dec 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have "daughters" either..you bunch of gossips can't get your stories straight
Liar. You are your own liar. You claimed long, long ago in the state you lived in before Utah that a missionary was ogling one of your daughters. That means more than one daughter. You did say that unless it was a lie. Want me to get the exact statement you made to prove you just lied claiming "I DON'T HAVE "DAUGHTERS" EITHER..."
pearl

Sandy, UT

#30491 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the first question to add to, in 1840 America Smith as a normal type guy breaking certain bigamy laws would never have remained a freeman or his buds if they had been practicing polygamy with knowing wives and many children and remaining in America. All the evidence would have been easy to have in court to imprison every man and Smith involved.
Now why didn't he fulfill that promise? I have a theory that others mo and nonmo have. The theory isn't based on whether he had sex or didn't have sex with said illegally wed wives. The theory is based on why he didn't have a bunch of bastard children in the dozens as should have been the logical scenario if he had been having illegal wives for the purpose of having kids on this earth.
It's thought that for years prior to his death, Smith thought he would die at the hands of a mob or assassine because of this commandment he said he received in 1829.
Doctrine and Covenants 5:22 "and if you do this, behold I grant unto you eternal life, even if you should be slain." A somewhat verification of this is a statement he made a year before his death in 1843 when he told Young and others they, not him, would make a trek to the Rocky Mountains where the church would be established again.
That said, we have Smith illegally marrying five females unhurriedly prior to 1842. 1842 hits and by May or June of 1844 Smith has rushed to illegally marry over 40 females in the span of two to three years. And not a single child. That sets precedent for his talks and the talks of his wives that these were all illegally done marriages strictly done for what they all called an celestial afterlife or celestial marriages.
And that type logic from Smith and his wives would best explain the lack of kids that should have existed prior to and after his death. But that's a theory. More plausible than dana's I'll grant you :)
Or he was still perpetuating the con. And this claim you keep making that it's impossible for that much sex without a pregnancy is just stubborn. It's common knowledge on this thread that I worked in the sex industry, so take my word for it, I've had more sex with men than you. There are men how can fornicate for hours on end without ejaculating. It can be exhausting. Some men have an amazing ability to control their flow. If they don't want a pregnancy, it doesn't happen. Of course, with some men, all you have do is touch it and they've lost control.

Location hidden

#30492 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. You are your own liar. You claimed long, long ago in the state you lived in before Utah that a missionary was ogling one of your daughters. That means more than one daughter. You did say that unless it was a lie. Want me to get the exact statement you made to prove you just lied claiming "I DON'T HAVE "DAUGHTERS" EITHER..."
LOL you psycho.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#30493 Dec 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you psycho.
who taught you your hate? Mom? Dad? The guy that molested you?
pearl

Sandy, UT

#30494 Dec 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Post 15552
At my age I think I can be held culpable. Are you looking for reason to see me as less than human, non-christian, half-breed, uneducated, worked in an unfit industry, we're well on our way. Maybe I could attain animal status.
//
Post 15569
Pearl,
Listen up:
Stepping up and outis hard. I get that completely, but it is possible.
I did it; my husband did it; many do it every day; the thing is to remember you're not alone; life is about chooses.
It is possible to choose for yourself what you believe...
and if you chose to get an education it's never too late... even if your behind... IT'S NEVER TOO LATE there are programs to help you.
I always told my kids YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE; BUT IT TAKES WORK - HARD WORK.
Don't be overcome with the judgemental side of things. Stepping up is hard... your environment can trap you if you let it, that is true... but it's your choose to let it or not.
Everyone comes to this earth to experience things... challenges are one of those things. We don't all come here to be rich and go to private schools.
Nobody can choose for you... you have to choose to step up for yourself.
//
Post 15570
She's not necessarily talking about choosing between right and wrong.
I think she's talking about her environment holding her back... you may or may not understand that... but people are put down here to endure challenges and be tested.
Pearls challenges are definately different then yours. She may not have anything to cling to except the people in her culture (her family, friends, etc). Give her a break... she's reaching out.
I did not see her say I can't choose between right and wrong because of her environment.
I seen her say it's hard for her sometimes to switch between languages because she is native American Indian,
and I seen her say it's hard for her to understand sometimes because of her environment.
//
POST 15571
Pearl,
Free agency has a lot to do with how you choose to live your life... even though it's hard to believe that sometimes.
I don't know your situation, I am not here to judge you. However, I understand it being hard.
Stepping up is hard... it's not meant to be easy... but it is worth it. I'm not talking about choosing a religion; I'm talking about choosing what kind of life you're gonna live.
Free agency don't forget that... you have free agency... no matter what anyone tries to make you believe.
I really don't see where I demeaned myself, I asked if others were going to demean me, based on what I exposed about myself? But I do see where some made a lot of assumptions about my lot in life and what I perceived that to be. I also see you keep telling me it's hard to step up, as if that's what I need to do. I don't claim to have a situation that needs to be acknowledged as being hard. All I said was I struggle with English, and the system I went through didn't expect much and not much was offered. But, I never meant to give the impression that I thought I was denied something or that my struggles were harder than others. Things were just a lot different for my generation. And that really isn't meant as a complaint.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30495 Dec 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>He does fancy himself the great interpreter, doesn't he? And he's gonna jump you whether you claim disdain or fondness. I've seen people who have had an affect on others, but you seem to rule his waking hours. That's raw power.
Let's see your powers of interpretation by an intelligent reply to the following shall we?

Pretend you have a past in abnormal psych. Life is life as it is for most, normal. One day you find a site called Topix. You enter some threads and it's like being back in the field. It's a gold mine for mental abnormalities.
You than enter a religious thread and meet to personalities called nomo and dana. Need I explain any more?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30496 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana's reply to you... "Nah, couldn't ever lie that big enough." ...do note he didn't actually answer the question as I predicted :)
As usual, No Standards has reading reading comprehension it appears. "Nah" is slang for "no" you moron. So yes, I did answer the question, assclown.(He doesn't understand that "no" means "no". Maybe a clue to why he was excommunicated?) Stupid to the bone, you are. LOL!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30497 Dec 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should go search your encyclopedia for Dr Bennett.
Maybe you should give a bit more info than a very common name that gets 11 million web hits.

Marysville, CA

#30498 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see your powers of interpretation by an intelligent reply to the following shall we?
Pretend you have a past in abnormal psych. Life is life as it is for most, normal. One day you find a site called Topix. You enter some threads and it's like being back in the field. It's a gold mine for mental abnormalities.
You than enter a religious thread and meet to personalities called nomo and dana. Need I explain any more?
No, we have come to fully understand that you seldom are capable of comprehending plain English. You even stumble on the meaning on such words as "no".(See post above) You have a present study of in abnormal psych currently residing in your head as we speak. All you have to do is sit alone in the dark to study it, no need to come here.

Location hidden

#30499 Dec 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should give a bit more info than a very common name that gets 11 million web hits.
Haha..add joseph smith

Marysville, CA

#30500 Dec 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha..add joseph smith
Told ya, he's thick as a brick. LOL!!!

Location hidden

#30501 Dec 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Told ya, he's thick as a brick. LOL!!!
:)
And on high speed psycho

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30502 Dec 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, once again you are missing the point. So let's keep this in the original context. What I am saying is, there are people out there in the world right now who do not believe that Smith was prophet. There are people who believe he perpetrated a continual con. Those marriages would be viewed by these same people as a con. Some of those same people believe he used his position of influence and authority to get these women to marry him. If one believes it was a con, the logical conclusion for the "why all the wives question" is that it was for sexual purposes. For those people to come to the conclusion that his escapades with these women were for purely sexual reasons is not unreasonable, given their views of Smith. If one does not believe Smith was a prophet there is nothing illogical about coming to the conclusion it was all about sex and therefore some would view him a pervert. Get it? So to Mormons, it was all righteous, to the non-Mormon it's vile.
In defense I didn't miss the point. You set Smith as not being a prophet and said nothing else. You didn't set Smith as not being a prophet while being a crack pot religious nut. But thanks for the clarification this time.
I agree with what you say. People hear something that actually happened or in all probability did take place like a guy in the mid 1800's beginning a religion who also is said to have married over 40 females. And it is very normal that they without asking logical questions like nomo and dana for examples, that they will assume they were legal marriages done against the laws and they will naturally assume without asking any questions that dozens or maybe hundreds of descendants exist by now from all those wives. I totally agree with that factual scenario that takes place to day concerning Smith. But it is in no way logical as long as no pertinent questions are asked.
I sat where nomo and dana and many nomops and mos sit with this who ask no logical questions beyond what they heard. I assumed he legally wed the wives even if it was illegal. I assumed that with all those wives, he had plenty of sex and plenty of sex in the 18th century meant plenty of kids. So I assumed their were at least dozens of living descendants in our time. That type thinking is 'natural', not logical.
I than asked questions. Are their descendants? I found out there was less than ten. Why so few was my next question? Lots of wives and hardly no living descendants? That's not normal or logical by biological standards. Unless Smith was shooting blamks or most of his wives were barrenless. Neither was true I found out so back to the original question. Why so few descendants? No answer. Lots of wives, lots of sex but few descendants. I was still assuming and no answers.
Than someone wondering as I and many others a DNA scientist and Mormon wanted to know who was a descendant of Joseph. Four to five years later of exhaustive scientific studies and none exist except by his first wife.
That was a stunner for me. Lot's of fertile wives with one very fertile guy and lots and lots and lots of assumed sex for over 15 years with over 40 females and no provable bastard love children. Something wasn't adding up. Follow?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30503 Dec 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't see where I demeaned myself, I asked if others were going to demean me, based on what I exposed about myself? But I do see where some made a lot of assumptions about my lot in life and what I perceived that to be. I also see you keep telling me it's hard to step up, as if that's what I need to do. I don't claim to have a situation that needs to be acknowledged as being hard. All I said was I struggle with English, and the system I went through didn't expect much and not much was offered. But, I never meant to give the impression that I thought I was denied something or that my struggles were harder than others. Things were just a lot different for my generation. And that really isn't meant as a complaint.
Then I suggest you go back to those post... and note that you dropped off the thread for like 6 months.

Also, I suggest you look through your post the week before that and note that you said you had a hard time with English and you didn't get a good education.

Also, go look about 100 after that post.

//
If you don't I don't really care. Just saying that if you don't admit it than ppl here will go back and see the conversation for themselves.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#30504 Dec 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't see where I demeaned myself, I asked if others were going to demean me, based on what I exposed about myself? But I do see where some made a lot of assumptions about my lot in life and what I perceived that to be. I also see you keep telling me it's hard to step up, as if that's what I need to do. I don't claim to have a situation that needs to be acknowledged as being hard. All I said was I struggle with English, and the system I went through didn't expect much and not much was offered. But, I never meant to give the impression that I thought I was denied something or that my struggles were harder than others. Things were just a lot different for my generation. And that really isn't meant as a complaint.
The impression that you give in here... is that you feel sorry for yourself.

You don't want to do anything about it.

You don't want to step up. You only want to be felt sorry for. You don't want to make it better for yourself.

That is the impression of the statement that you gave to me. Maybe not others... but the conversation when you went off the last month about how awful the world is for INDIANS... not seeing that it is the same world for EVERYONE else out there... didn't really help your cause.

My statement stands... if you don't like the education you got then get a better one. There is assistance out there for you... all you have to do is want it and work for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Ms Sassy 1,536,284
News Obama given rock star welcome in Berlin 7 min Frogface Kate 104
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min WelbyMD 240,942
News Democrats focus on voting rights to fight Trump... 8 min Lawrence Wolf 62
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min Frankie Rizzo 25,659
News Nancy Pelosi in South Florida, talks up Democra... 9 min Patriot 6
News Democratic congressman has heart valve replacem... 10 min Frogface Kate 70
News Hillary Clinton to address Wellesley College gr... 13 min Frogface Kate 45
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr bad bob 270,617
More from around the web