Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#30177 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Example 3:
Don't have to repost it because I'm sure everyone here remembers when you claimed that keeping the Word of Wisdom isn't a commandment in Mormonism. You've brag so much here how much you know more of Mormon teachings than everyone else, especially me, but you didn't know one of the most basic of commandments of the Mormon church? A commandment even 90% of most non-Mormons know about when it comes to the Mormons? Clearly another case of you trying to lie and deceive Mormonism into a true religion. One of your worst examples.
You stupid, pathetic sorrowful creature...lol. I made no lie! It was my opinion! That opinion wasn't founded on a lie. And the fact is that the word of wisdom was never given as a commandment by God to a prophet to be observed as a commandment. Please read the following and be informed...

http://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/upl...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30178 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Example 4:
This is your best trick, you think. You intentionally try to change what a person ask you to pretend you are right. Recent example, I challenged you to give just one verse that talks about keeping the law or doing good works is a requirement for your salvation(which you have yet to do). One of your responses was:
"You need to understand what you fight against understanding. And your problem is the darkness that doesn't allow you to understand simple truths.
Jesus was essentially stating if you had love for him you also had obvious faith and belief and faith and belief and love in Christ causes one to want to do his works/follow his commandments."
I responded:
"No disagreement about "wanting" to follow his commandments. That isn't what I'm debating. I'm not talking about "wanting" to keep the commandments, I'm talking about what saves a person. Living the law isn't what saves you is the clear message. Verse after verse teaches that."
What you try to do all the time is change what is being debated so somehow you can twist and squirm yourself into an answer that you think proves you correct. You think people are too stupid to see it. But it is always you who comes out looking ignorant for thinking we will fall for it.
It is well recorded in post after post more example of what I'm talking about here. You make stupid statements of total ignorance and showing the inability to get even the most basic elements rights concerning the gospel of Jesus Christ, and then you try to twist and squirm you way out. And when that doesn't work, you will then proceed into trying to make it about me. The problem for you is, even if I was the most evil person to walk the face of the earth, it would ever make the Mormon church a real church of Jesus Christ. It has and it will always be the scam religion of a murderer, sex pervert, and con artist.
The proving that you are just another con artist or a total idiot minions of the LDS church has been done. Again you have been shown to be a liar. You want me to show you anything else?
The above and none of the rest are examples of me lying you pathetic excuse for a Christian. Oh my fricking gosh.......

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#30179 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...her statement wasn't a compliment to you, really. She dissed you and those that respond to you (including herself) don't you know? lol
Even if it were true, I still love her. There is no bullshit in her statements.

Marysville, CA

#30180 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid, pathetic sorrowful creature...lol. I made no lie! It was my opinion! That opinion wasn't founded on a lie. And the fact is that the word of wisdom was never given as a commandment by God to a prophet to be observed as a commandment. Please read the following and be informed...
http://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/upl...
You still try to cover your lies and stupidity by calling it an opinion. Just more lying to cover another lie.

Marysville, CA

#30181 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The above and none of the rest are examples of me lying you pathetic excuse for a Christian. Oh my fricking gosh.......
Deception is a form of lying. Your refusal to except that doesn't change that fact.

Marysville, CA

#30182 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy molly your insanity knows no boundaries! My statement had to do with you and how you don't believe concerning the Bible. My statement had absolutely nothing to do with grace. Don't you even remember the conversation? Of course you don't. You were knocking the Mormon church for how it didn't believe concerning the Bible, not grace. I responded by stating you ripped the Bible apart worse than the Mormons ever had done because you had removed an entire book from it as uninspired that they feel is inspired. I lied of nothing lol...fricking so sad....
Another example of your lies. Using intentional stupidity to try to deceive. The topic was salvation by grace or salvation by grace and works. You really can't help yourself when it comes to lying, can you? You've been doing it for so long.

Marysville, CA

#30183 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you fricking that nuts? peter denied the existence of his relationship with Jesus/God. He denied he knew him and walked with him and loved him and worshipped him. That was a denial of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit and that all falls under blaspheme of the Holy Ghost.
To blaspheme the Spirit is also to re·vile verb \ri-&#712;v&#299;(- &#601;)l\
: to speak about (someone or something) in a very critical or insulting way.
Peter spoke critically and negatively and insultingly of God by denying his relationship with him or having had known him. You're a fricking mental case dude! lol...fricking a lie...lol...only you would come away with that conclusion.
Fine, you should be able to give us an official interpretation of reviling that includes denying. Pants pissing isn't going to change the definition just to help your ignorance.

Marysville, CA

#30185 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...and I give you credit for understanding things better than dana and than you make a post like this.
I never said the history of the crime was changed. Please show me where I said the history of the crime was changed. And my response was according to what the scriptures say of God and forgiveness compared to how mankind doesn't view forgiveness. You did a dana and twisted what I said for your own needs. Why don't you respond to what I actually said, not to what you want it to mean that I didn't say?
Your statement made no distinction. It only said if a murderer repeated he was no longer considered a murderer. But even your attempt to cover up the stupidity of your statement doesn't save you. Repented or not, forgiven or not, he is still considered a murderer. The statement is still nuts.

Keep digging that hole of lies, and ignorance.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30186 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If it isn't you, as you keep claiming, why do you care, and how is it any of your business?
lol... that is your answer.

you ACCUSE me of writing this letter and I bring the obvious to the post and ASK you to explain and this is your response.

That is awesome> lol... I love it!
Little Boy Lap Dance Dana

Gridley, CA

#30187 Dec 10, 2013
You called the woman by someone's name molester.

Answer why you did it.

You started calling me, her, a couple of other people

by the NAME of a WOMAN who WROTE you on your HOMOSEXUAL

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...

"Judged:Spam2Funny1Cluele ss1
And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it."

=======
YOU
SAID

SHE

is

THAT PERSON.
Little Boy Lap Dance Dana

Gridley, CA

#30188 Dec 10, 2013
on your

"HOMOSEXUAL TROLLING SITE based on your interpretation of the

BIBLE"

[above]

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30189 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Example 4:
This is your best trick, you think. You intentionally try to change what a person ask you to pretend you are right. Recent example, I challenged you to give just one verse that talks about keeping the law or doing good works is a requirement for your salvation(which you have yet to do).
You have failed to show where I with purpose perpetuated a known lie that I with intent wanted to lie some more of as you have often done.
The below verses speak of those that have faith, belief, grace and works all combined to earn their salvation with Jesus.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

I gave verses of works being needed with faith and belief to attain one's salvation. You didn't recognize them because you are of this crowd that Jesus spoke of who only believe faith and grace and nothing else saves...parentheses mine

37 “Then (those supposing themselves righteous) the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
BRB LOOKING FOR MOVIES

Gridley, CA

#30190 Dec 10, 2013
He's looking for movies about preists counseling young men on homosexuality.

He'll be right back while his downloads top off

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30191 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
In your ignorance, you clearly miss the newsworthy part:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57241071-78...
In the past, the LDS Church has said history isn’t clear on why blacks were banned from its all-male priesthood for more than a century.
Apparently, it now is.
The reason, according to a newly released explanation from the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is rooted more in racism than revelation.
"Race and the Priesthood," posted Friday on the church’s website, lds.org , also jettisons any beliefs developed through the years to defend the prohibition. And those findings are drawing praise from black Mormons and historians.
You are a LIAR, an ACCUSER... why would anyone believe you. You don't believe in God so you try to tear down his Church. How do you do that: by lying about the Church, the History, the Facts, providing opinions instead of evidence.

//
Another name for SATAN is ACCUSER... the likeness of your tone and behavior so epitomizes who you are and how you operate.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30192 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if it were true, I still love her. There is no bullshit in her statements.
lol...is she your wife pretending to live in a different state by chance? That's the second time you have pledged your love to her, something you have never said in the same simple context to another female poster that I'm aware of.
Next, Pearl's comments are so full of sarcasm that it's difficult to know when she's asking/stating something that is covered in her sarcasm, something you have never discerned as you erringly feel she has never made a bs statement...lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30193 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You still try to cover your lies and stupidity by calling it an opinion. Just more lying to cover another lie.
Why don't you ever read? Does it really hurt to actually read? Young stated to the congregation of the wow that "..it was to be considered a divine commandment."
Did you get that word Young used? Considered? Let me say it again for you. C-O-N-S-I-D-E-R-E-D. Young wanted the wow to be CONSIDERED a divine commandment. But it wasn't a divine commandment. It wasn't given as a commandment then nor has it been given as a commandment now. But it HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AS A COMMANDMENT by the Mormon people.
Now if you knew your Mormon history(which you don't and that's your problem in these discussions we have)you would know that when a Mormon prophet has said they have a commandment(not a revelation for a revelation isn't always a commandment)by way of revelation, the members are expected to accept that commandment or reject it and thus will create issues with their membership. But when a commandment is being given, the prophets have never a single time gave the membership the option to CONSIDER if they'll allow that commandment from the Lord to be a commandment in their doctrine. It doesn't work that way. It never has worked that way in this church. Anything given by revelation that wasn't deemed a COMMANDMENT was left to the membership to consider how they would or wouldn't incorporate it into their own lives, like with the wow.

September 9, 1851, President Brigham Young stated that the members
of the Church had had sufficient time to be taught the import of this revelation, and that henceforth it was to be considered a divine commandment. This was first put before the male members of the congre- gation and then before the women and by unanimous vote accepted.1

I don't care who in the Mormon church calls the wow a commandment from God. They're wrong. The wow was never ever given as a commandment through Smith or any other prophet. They view it as an commandment by opinion but the fact is that it isn't. Understand the difference yet?

Location hidden

#30194 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>lol...is she your wife pretending to live in a different state by chance? That's the second time you have pledged your love to her, something you have never said in the same simple context to another female poster that I'm aware of.
Next, Pearl's comments are so full of sarcasm that it's difficult to know when she's asking/stating something that is covered in her sarcasm, something you have never discerned as you erringly feel she has never made a bs statement...lol.
Well, sounds like you need to go read back a ways...get to it! Go prove yourself wrong again

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30195 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Deception is a form of lying. Your refusal to except that doesn't change that fact.
You're wrong. I have always accepted deception as a form of lying. You have deceived with purpose untold times in this one thread. I have made a couple posts in the pasts that dealt only with your obvious statements that were only outright lies and deceptions.
You call Smith a sex pervert but you have no actual proof of it. All you have is he said she said they said. And you have continually with deception and lies called rumors and hearsay factual evidence. Rumors and hearsay are not and never will be factual evidence. But you continue to call those things facts and truths and that makes you a liar filled with deception.

Below is how you in the mode of an intelligent adult should go at a question concerning Smith instead of speaking like some foolish child calling names because they lack the normal ability to go at things with sound reasoning.

A. Did Smith illegally marry over 30 females in a three year period? Strong circumstantial evidence and eyewitness accounts say yes. But it isn't an established fact.
B. Did Smith marry so he could have all the sex he wanted? No. No evidence of any kind for this pathetically stupid claim at all exists.
C. Did Smith marry these females to be wives in the hereafter? Yes. Strong circumstantial evidence from journals and diaries and the wives themselves have stated that was the main reason for their marriage to Smith.
D. Is there any outside evidence like children to attest that Smith was actually having sex with one or more of these wives? No. Nothing at present.
E. For over a century after Smith's death did certain of these wives and or family members claim to have had children by Smith? Yes. It was claimed in courts and in many various documents and books etc for well over a century. Mormon and non-Mormon alike believed descendants of Smith lived today. Were the claims true? No. A DNA expert proved all sources purposely lied or were mistaken in their opinions.
F. Did Smith have sex with these wives? This is an unknown. It is probable that he had sexual relations as he and each wife felt they were maritally bonded together by the laws of God. But who he had sexual relations with is an unknown. The fact that no children exist from these thirty plus wives casts doubts that sex was the motivating factor for the illegal marriages.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30196 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of your lies. Using intentional stupidity to try to deceive. The topic was salvation by grace or salvation by grace and works. You really can't help yourself when it comes to lying, can you? You've been doing it for so long.
You really have memory issues dude. Maybe to much whacky weed as I have read doctors say it impairs the memory. Maybe you're just old and have a really bad memory? Maybe a little dementia going on there? There has to be some reason for your pathetic memory.
The following was the beginning of this.

You stated on Sunday Dec 8

Dana Robertson wrote:
By the way, it is Mormonism that rejects the Bible every time it disagrees with the teachings of the pervert Smith. He hated the grace of Jesus Christ also. Like little children Mormons try to prove they are Christian by claiming by putting the Bible first on a shelf is evidence of that. They may put it first, but they trust it last compared to their other scriptures. It is the argument of a 3 year old. They only time they use the Bible is when they think it supports or justifies their perversions.

I responded in the following CONCERNING YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT MORMONS AND THE BIBLE...
lol....and that comes from a guy that has joined a Christian cult that refuses to recognize the Bible as it stands. That comes from a guy that has literally extinguished whole books from the Bible because he doesn't care for their messages. That comes from the guy that is part of a Christian cult that doesn't believe God is the inspiration for the Bible. And you think what you and your Christian cult does to the Bible with all your doubts and disbeliefs of it make you better than Mormons and their view of it? How fricking absolutely insane of you!!! lolol....

...do you remember now that actual facts of what we said are before you to call lies? You will call your own words or my words lies correct?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#30197 Dec 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, you should be able to give us an official interpretation of reviling that includes denying. Pants pissing isn't going to change the definition just to help your ignorance.
I did. Lift the darkness from your eyes dude. Peter committed blasphemy by his revile against the Spirit of God. Revile is another similar word to describe how one can commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of God/Jesus.
So let me get this. You think Peter did what? That he just stood and casually with fingers crossed told a white lie of not knowing Jesus so those accusing him wouldn't have him arrested and killed? Is that your ignorant perception? lol...of course it is. You no doubt think God was having a good laugh with Peter as Peter pretended to deny with crossed fingers and a wink to the sky that he knew Jesus/God or that he had loved and worshipped him as God.
How stupid am I to think you would think any other ludicrous thing??? Definetly my bad this time...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 undocumented immigrants arrested in Trenton 2 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,498,567
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 3 min positronium 21,409
News Trump Spox Can't Guarantee ACA Replacement Won'... 3 min Bakker 2
News Pressure on GOP to revamp health law grows, alo... 3 min Responsibility 9
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Agents of Corruption 413,241
News George W. Bush on press and presidency: a Power... 5 min Retired SOF 26
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban 13 min Geezer 46
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Dr Guru 237,874
More from around the web