Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
28,681 - 28,700 of 32,000 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jun 25

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the loon, Carol is you.
Question: How many letters did Carol write you?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet with all your ranting and raving, living to stand in judgment of me, you still hate the grace of Jesus Christ if you are endorsing the LDS system of salvation. You have judged yourself. Mormonism hates the grace of Jesus Christ.
lol...fricking child. I don't live to judge you. You have judged yourself as to what you're not each time you prove it.
You have stated you're a kind caring Christian. Well when you aren't being that which is 90% of the time, I'm here to toss your own judgements back at you to show how you consistently prove you aren't a kind caring Christian. Understand? And thus it's hypocrisy that you who doesn't live the words of Christ thinks you know enough of Jesus to be as Jesus and judge others their walk with God that you know not.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to understand what you fight against understanding. And your problem is the darkness that doesn't allow you to understand simple truths.
Jesus was essentially stating if you had love for him you also had obvious faith and belief and faith and belief and love in Christ causes one to want to do his works/follow his commandments.
No disagreement about "wanting" to follow his commandments. That isn't what I'm debating. I'm not talking about "wanting" to keep the commandments, I'm talking about what saves a person. Living the law isn't what saves you is the clear message. Verse after verse teaches that.
As long as you strive to prove that faith and grace are the only things needed for salvation, you will always be teaching Satan's doctrine of salvation because Jesus taught no such profane and twisted doctrine.
As long as you thing you can "earn" you place in Heaven, you are denying the grace of Jesus Christ. It is the message of the Bible. As I have proven time and time again with verse after verse.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Making Mormonism true? lol...I'm not here to prove Mormonism or Baptists or any other religion is true fool...lol
No, you just have been posting here over a year because you have nothing better to do, right? It's those statements that show how ignorant you are or how stupid you think everybody else is. You're just full of crap.
...you would think that!
Your every post proves it, Duh!
I was describing the Christian cult you belong to that does more damage to the Bible than Mormons could ever hope to do. They accept the Bible as it is as most of Christianity accepts it.
Most of Christianity teaches salvation by grace alone, so again, you don't know what you're talking about.
You and your Christian cult don't accept the Bible as it is. You reject one or more books in it.
It is Mormonism that calls the Bible corrupt, that says not even one verse hasn't been changed.
You call it uninspired etc. I was showing how far worse you are concerning the Bible than the Mormons ever will be.
I have never said it was uninspired, another of your lies. Smith taught that "The Song of Solomon" was uninspired, but you trust that pervert 100%. But disagreeing with me is your only mission here. You reject plain English verses of scripture, you make up fairytales to justify the perversions of Mormonism. You have bought the LDS sickness hook line and sinker. It's no wonder you can't free your mind from the cult you even forced on your own children. The cult that doesn't even want you. You are clearly mentally ill, but enjoying your mental illness, you refuse to get help.

What a pathetic creature you are.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...fricking child. I don't live to judge you.
No, you just do it in every post. What a retard. But lying has become such a second nature to you, you are able to even believe your own lies. Another sign of having sold your soul to a cult.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a murderer always a murderer? Once a thief always a thief? That is the reasoning of mankind, not God. Once again you prove what you don't know that you should know for lack of reading the scriptures. Jesus/God stated if you repent and forsake what you've done to sin and sin no more you're forgiven. That means for that sin you are not a sinner all your life. What spaze info page did you get that twisted garbage from?
Really? Please, name just one person who has ever stopped sinning. I'll wait.
That's some more crap you can't explain because you don't read enough. The murderers, thieves, etc that won't be forgiven are those that won't seek forgiveness is what the verses are referring to. Peter literally committed the worst sin according to Jesus, he denied knowing or having had any relationship with Jesus/God and that was the same as denying the existence of the Holy Ghost.
According to Jesus? Where did Jesus say that it was "the worst sin". Making up your facts again to justify your perversions, I see. No wonder you love Smith so much.
But Peter repented and was forgiven and wasn't called a sinner for denying the lord and rejecting him there after. Understand?
Sinners that remain sinners are those that don't seek repentance and forgiveness while quitting that sin and not doing it any more.
The unrepentant shall remain sinners. Not the repentant.
Again, show me one person who has ever stopped sinning. Just one. I'll wait.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana doesn't have a Bishop he is an Apostate Mormon.
I went to a funeral last year that was held in a LDS ward building. The bishop of course spoke, and announced that he was bishop to all, Mormon or not, who lived in his jurisdiction. About half the people in attendance were not LDS, including the deceased. So, apparently even I have a Bishop, so Dana probably does too. Not that any of this matters to me of course. He could have announced he was the town drunk and we all owed him a beer, for being under his jurisdiction for all I cared. But, since Dana is considered an apostate,{by some anyway} does that mean he is no longer under that jurisdiction? And since No Surprise got officially kicked to the curb, would that make him an apostate under no bishops jurisdiction also? Just curious.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a murderer always a murderer? Once a thief always a thief? That is the reasoning of mankind, not God. Once again you prove what you don't know that you should know for lack of reading the scriptures. Jesus/God stated if you repent and forsake what you've done to sin and sin no more you're forgiven. That means for that sin you are not a sinner all your life. What spaze info page did you get that twisted garbage from?
That's some more crap you can't explain because you don't read enough. The murderers, thieves, etc that won't be forgiven are those that won't seek forgiveness is what the verses are referring to. Peter literally committed the worst sin according to Jesus, he denied knowing or having had any relationship with Jesus/God and that was the same as denying the existence of the Holy Ghost. But Peter repented and was forgiven and wasn't called a sinner for denying the lord and rejecting him there after. Understand?
Sinners that remain sinners are those that don't seek repentance and forgiveness while quitting that sin and not doing it any more.
The unrepentant shall remain sinners. Not the repentant.
Well that's weird. If one murders, repents, is forgiven, that really doesn't change the history of the crime. The murder still happened. The only difference I see, is one could be forgiven. That doesn't mean he is no longer guilty of the crime. Where does forgiveness alter the fact that one was murdered by a murderer? Does that also mean the forgiven can righteously claim to the family of their victim that they are no longer guilty or a murderer? If the victims family forgives, does that mean the murder never took place? You can't take back what is done. Perhaps redeem yourself, but the crime still stands. You can tell yourself anything you want, make any claim you want, but that's nuts.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's weird. If one murders, repents, is forgiven, that really doesn't change the history of the crime. The murder still happened. The only difference I see, is one could be forgiven. That doesn't mean he is no longer guilty of the crime. Where does forgiveness alter the fact that one was murdered by a murderer? Does that also mean the forgiven can righteously claim to the family of their victim that they are no longer guilty or a murderer? If the victims family forgives, does that mean the murder never took place? You can't take back what is done. Perhaps redeem yourself, but the crime still stands. You can tell yourself anything you want, make any claim you want, but that's nuts.
His hatred of me forces him at times to throw all logic and reasoning out the door to try to prove me wrong. You can see this again and again by the stupidity of some of his claims. The same goes for his own guilt concerning his life. It is so perverted and screwed up he dwells on what he wants to claim are my faults, thoughts etc. It is worst that I point out the well known sexual perversions of Smith than it is that Smith did them. It is one of the signs how a cult can screw up your moral center.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
His hatred of me forces him at times to throw all logic and reasoning out the door to try to prove me wrong. You can see this again and again by the stupidity of some of his claims. The same goes for his own guilt concerning his life. It is so perverted and screwed up he dwells on what he wants to claim are my faults, thoughts etc. It is worst that I point out the well known sexual perversions of Smith than it is that Smith did them. It is one of the signs how a cult can screw up your moral center.
It does appear that your hidden talent seems to be attracting and pissing off those that are unstable. It's kind of impressive, in a demented way. Carry on.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I went to a funeral last year that was held in a LDS ward building. The bishop of course spoke, and announced that he was bishop to all, Mormon or not, who lived in his jurisdiction. About half the people in attendance were not LDS, including the deceased. So, apparently even I have a Bishop, so Dana probably does too. Not that any of this matters to me of course. He could have announced he was the town drunk and we all owed him a beer, for being under his jurisdiction for all I cared. But, since Dana is considered an apostate,{by some anyway} does that mean he is no longer under that jurisdiction? And since No Surprise got officially kicked to the curb, would that make him an apostate under no bishops jurisdiction also? Just curious.
If you really want to know... why don't you go to the Bishop in your jurisdiction and ask him?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

DANA???
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>It does appear that your hidden talent seems to be attracting and pissing off those that are unstable. It's kind of impressive, in a demented way. Carry on.
I love you, Pearl.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No disagreement about "wanting" to follow his commandments. That isn't what I'm debating. I'm not talking about "wanting" to keep the commandments, I'm talking about what saves a person. Living the law isn't what saves you is the clear message. Verse after verse teaches that.
<quoted text>
As long as you thing you can "earn" you place in Heaven, you are denying the grace of Jesus Christ. It is the message of the Bible. As I have proven time and time again with verse after verse.
No. Wrong. You earn your belief, faith and love of Jesus through study and prayer and doing the works that Jesus did. It's an unbroken circle if you're doing things correctly. Jesus's grace/love for us is free. But that grace/love does not afford or guarantee us free salvation. We as humans who sin and doubt, we must earn our faith and belief in Jesus day by day by study, prayer and doing the works he did which sustains our faith and belief in Jesus. Our faith and belief in Jesus provokes us to love others and causes us to want to do good works for others and our self. I knew of these things before I was a teen and had ever heard the word 'Mormon'. I learned these things from ministers of three different non-Mormon faiths. How is it you haven't understood them yet?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

DANA are you going to answer the question?
sportxmouse wrote:
DANA???

<quoted text>

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Please, name just one person who has ever stopped sinning. I'll wait.
<quoted text>
According to Jesus? Where did Jesus say that it was "the worst sin". Making up your facts again to justify your perversions, I see. No wonder you love Smith so much.
<quoted text>
Again, show me one person who has ever stopped sinning. Just one. I'll wait.
28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

blas·pheme verb \blas-&#712;f&#275;m, &#712;blas-&#716;\
: to talk about God or religion in a way that does not show respect
blas·phemed blas·phem·ing

Full Definition of BLASPHEME

transitive verb
: to speak of or address with irreverence
: revile, abuse

That is what Peter did when he reviled Jesus and God by denying he knew them or had a relationship with them. But Jesus forgave him because he repented to sin no more concerning the denial of Jesus and God. If Peter had not repented, he would never have been forgiven. Understand?

I'm going to ignore the other childish posts to explain away your confusion here. And I never said anyone had ever stopped totally sinning. You twisted what I said to make a lie of what I didn't say liar.
We don't stop sinning in the capacity you are lying about which is wrong and incorrect. Cussing is a sin. If you stop cussing you don't sin in that capacity. There are things in which we sin every day. But there are things we don't sin of by choice. Like the sin of murder, rape, adultery etc. So Jesus stated we are to quit sinning. He didn't mean to quit sinning all at one moment. He meant to work on our weaknesses that caused us to sin and to quit them one by one. He told us to become perfect even as he was. By lessening oneself of their sins one by one, they are establishing a bit of that perfection that Jesus told us to become one day at a time.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just have been posting here over a year because you have nothing better to do, right? It's those statements that show how ignorant you are or how stupid you think everybody else is. You're just full of crap.
<quoted text>
Your every post proves it, Duh!
<quoted text>
Most of Christianity teaches salvation by grace alone, so again, you don't know what you're talking about.
<quoted text>
It is Mormonism that calls the Bible corrupt, that says not even one verse hasn't been changed.
<quoted text>
I have never said it was uninspired, another of your lies. Smith taught that "The Song of Solomon" was uninspired, but you trust that pervert 100%. But disagreeing with me is your only mission here.
I correct people like you about the in-corrections you have about Mormon history and doctrine when you make an in-correction the same way I correct you when you make in-corrections of Bible doctrine and it's history. Your tunnel vision never noted that fact.
I do know a lot of Christianity teaches grace alone saves. I was taught the illogical doctrine by three religions in my youth. To espouse the grace alone saves doctrine, one has to ignore many things that Jesus stated that disagree with that man made doctrine. It's a man made concept. Jesus never ever a single time taught grace all by itself saved us. Man kind teaches that perverse concept.
No, Mormon doctrine states the Bible remains correct so long as it's translated correctly. Mormon doctrine doesn't state the Bible is corrupt, it states verses have been corrupted but not all of them. We have at present the 'supposed' writings of just four of twelve apostles. We have no idea if writings are found of the other apostles if there will be agreement or disagreement or both. The early bishops that put the books of the Bible together made sure to chose writings that complimented each other. If a book agreed and disagreed with the rest they were obviously left out. The Apostles don't discuss the shame of running and hiding while Jesus was dying. They don't discuss how their cowardice affected the churches. The apostles don't discuss polygamy, a popular form of marriage among the Jews. Think that's all a coincidence that none of that info is in there?
The fact you reject the book of Genesis that speaks of the four w's of humans and God is a statement you don't feel the Bible is an inspired bound volume of writings. So I didn't lie of what you claim. Your Bible doesn't contain Genesis. Your Bible probably doesn't contain many books that are in it because you don't like the information. At least the Mormons leave the books in it even if they have questionable doubts of certain verses. And Bible scholars have said for centuries that the Song of Solomon was inserted as a book but not because it was full of inspiration from God. Get a fricking clue.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
...but you trust that pervert 100%. But disagreeing with me is your only mission here.
Ummm no. I trust what is actually written as doctrine and history that is normally accepted as what actually happened and or took place because evidence supports it. Anything else I classify opinion and rumor. You're mostly about opinion and rumor. You're hardly ever about actual evidence and fact. And even than when you use evidence and fact you twist the crap out of it for the most pathetic purposes.
I like to debate. I will spend much time to do research for a debate I'm in. Like you calling Smith a sex pervert. You have never established that he is one. neither has anyone else be they Mormon or non-Mormon. I know Mormons well read in Smith's illegal relationships that 'believe' he had sexual relations with at least several of these illegal wives and they have opinions like you but no actual facts. They admit in their writings an account of a baby here or there among those 30 wives would be helpful. But all they have is he said she said they said. And they admit it doesn't help that certain persons lied under oath to make a lie about Smith and his sex life.
Yes, Smith felt he was married to those females and they thought they were married to him. So if intercourse happened it would have been consensual. But there is no actual evidence except for Emma. So having a thought out intelligent opinion is one thing. But to found one's opinion on a bunch of whoring rumors one states are facts when that's an obvious lie, you only embarrass yourself really.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just do it in every post. What a retard. But lying has become such a second nature to you, you are able to even believe your own lies. Another sign of having sold your soul to a cult.
Okay, let's do this your way. Since I lie so much according to you, finding four lies I have made and pasting them for all of us to read should be an easy thing for you to do. Or remain the liar we all know you like to be.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Interesting turn of events:
Mormons Officially Disavow Racist Folklore
http://janariess.religionnews.com/2013/12/09/...
Today, the Church disavows the theories advanced in the past that black skin is a sign of divine disfavor or curse, or that it reflects actions in a premortal life; that mixed-race marriages are a sin; or that blacks or people of any other race or ethnicity are inferior in any way to anyone else. Church leaders today unequivocally condemn all racism, past and present, in any form.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••