Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28252 Oct 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither the Mormons or the Christians want you. Now what?
He can always be re-baptized and become a member again.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28253 Oct 16, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>Who is the birth right mother? Real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible. End of story. If you don't do this then you are not a real Christian.
Ignorance is different than intentionally being stupid and I think you are ignorant on the topic of LDS Church and teachings. Thus, I hope to enlighten you so you don't look to appear ignorant.

The Definition of Ignorant being:
adjective: ignorant
1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted

//
Regarding your statement that real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible.

We do both.

*We - Mormons - study and follow the teachings in the bible according to The King James version of the Old Testament and the New Testament.

*We also follow Jesus Christ and believe he died for our sins.

//
Below is the encyclopedia definition on wiki of what a Christian is. Another thing you can do is call the Mormon church and ask for Missionaries to come visit you and tell you about what the Church is about. If you are not comfortable doing that, there is also the Internet site Mormon.org that can inform you as to what and why we believe what we do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#28254 Oct 16, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>He can always be re-baptized and become a member again.
Yeah, noprize..you can always get rebaptized and be a mo again..what gives???
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28255 Oct 17, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is different than intentionally being stupid and I think you are ignorant on the topic of LDS Church and teachings. Thus, I hope to enlighten you so you don't look to appear ignorant.
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted
//
Regarding your statement that real Christians follow Jesus Christ and his teachings in the bible.
We do both.
*We - Mormons - study and follow the teachings in the bible according to The King James version of the Old Testament and the New Testament.
//
Below is the encyclopedia definition on wiki of what a Christian is. Another thing you can do is call the Mormon church and ask for Missionaries to come visit you and tell you about what the Church is about. If you are not comfortable doing that, there is also the Internet site Mormon.org that can inform you as to what and why we believe what we do.
How can you believe in the bible and the book of mormon? How can you be a Christian and follow the false prophet joseph smith?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28256 Oct 17, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>How can you believe in the bible and the book of mormon? How can you be a Christian and follow the false prophet joseph smith?
What do you know about the History of the Bible?

* I'm being serious... not mocking or making fun... just asking a simple question.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28257 Oct 17, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, noprize..you can always get rebaptized and be a mo again..what gives???
Isn't that his business? Why can't his decisions be his?
I refer you to John 8:7
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/8...
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#28258 Oct 17, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
* I'm being serious... not mocking or making fun... just asking a simple question.
Dang. Are you going to go on about your college level religious studies? Perhaps instead you would be willing to dazzle us with your wisdom and knowledge?
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28259 Oct 17, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the word of GOD through men.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#28260 Oct 17, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Dang. Are you going to go on about your college level religious studies? Perhaps instead you would be willing to dazzle us with your wisdom and knowledge?
If she replies after midnight.. It's her mr Hyde:)

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28261 Oct 17, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>Its the word of GOD through men.
These are great sites to get acquainted with some of the History of the First Church, the Bible, the different translations of the Bible... etc.

http://greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-h...
http://manybooks.net/titles/foxej2240022400-8...

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28262 Oct 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
//
We do both.
//
The only definition of a Christian that matters is the one given in the Bible. Mormonism does not meet that definition. We don't answer to the people who wrote the encyclopedia.

Marysville, CA

#28263 Oct 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
He can always be re-baptized and become a member again.
Apparently he can't or clearly he would have done so by now. Apparently the reason they kicked him out is still a problem. He isn't worthy to be LDS.

Marysville, CA

#28264 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Please supply proof. You claim it's there, waiting......
Your history of posting here is the proof. You have defended any perversion of Joseph Smith. His lying, his stealing, his murdering, a deviant among deviants. You have supported every racists, and bigoted action of the Mormon church, made justification of it's perversions of the gospel of Jesus Christ. You deny clear scripture showing Mormonism is a lie, and a man made pile of crap.

That is the proof.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28265 Oct 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently he can't or clearly he would have done so by now. Apparently the reason they kicked him out is still a problem. He isn't worthy to be LDS.
This Forum is not about No Surprise worth! You will say ridiculous things to pervert the truth. No Surprise has his reasons and it's none of your business. It is between him and Christ.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28266 Oct 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The only definition of a Christian that matters is the one given in the Bible. Mormonism does not meet that definition. We don't answer to the people who wrote the encyclopedia.
Which version of the Bible are you going by?

Who wrote the Bible that you have in your possession?

//
I doubt it was one of the ORIGINAL Bibles because the Church of Rome burned the ORIGINALS and KILLED the OWNERS for having them or anyone in possession of one or Mothers for teaching their children the Lord's Prayer.

The Church of Rome had Saint Jerome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome translate the Bible into LATIN... read about it.

"He was given duties in Rome, and he undertook a revision of the Latin Bible, to be based on the Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. He also updated the Psalter containing the Book of Psalms then at use in Rome based on the Septuagint. Though he did not realize it yet, translating much of what became the Latin Vulgate Bible would take many years and be his most important achievement (see Writings– Translations section below)."

DID YOU SEE THE WORDS HE UPDATED THE PSALTER CONTAINING THE BOOK OF PSALMS? That means he changed it.

Now, from translation to translation to translation to translation words change the ORIGINAL meaning to different things... and in certain cases part of the text was taken out. This was mans doing not Christs doing. Christ wanted HIS word to go forth not mans.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28267 Oct 18, 2013
also... we have the Bible that had to be translated from the LATIN version... not from the ORIGINAL version

if a word meant something a little different it might not have been translated back to the ORIGINAL word but,

we wouldn't not know the extent of this because we have no ACCESS to it.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28268 Oct 18, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Dang. Are you going to go on about your college level religious studies? Perhaps instead you would be willing to dazzle us with your wisdom and knowledge?
I would be delighted to.

Marysville, CA

#28269 Oct 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Which version of the Bible are you going by?
Who wrote the Bible that you have in your possession?
//
I doubt it was one of the ORIGINAL Bibles because the Church of Rome burned the ORIGINALS and KILLED the OWNERS for having them or anyone in possession of one or Mothers for teaching their children the Lord's Prayer.
The Church of Rome had Saint Jerome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome translate the Bible into LATIN... read about it.
"He was given duties in Rome, and he undertook a revision of the Latin Bible, to be based on the Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. He also updated the Psalter containing the Book of Psalms then at use in Rome based on the Septuagint. Though he did not realize it yet, translating much of what became the Latin Vulgate Bible would take many years and be his most important achievement (see Writings– Translations section below)."
DID YOU SEE THE WORDS HE UPDATED THE PSALTER CONTAINING THE BOOK OF PSALMS? That means he changed it.
Now, from translation to translation to translation to translation words change the ORIGINAL meaning to different things... and in certain cases part of the text was taken out. This was mans doing not Christs doing. Christ wanted HIS word to go forth not mans.
I'm going by the version that clearly teaches salvation by grace and not by works. It's in all the versions you mentioned. In fact the version I use in daily life comes from manuscripts older than the Vulgate.
If you had real knowledge of what was taught in the New Testament, the translations wouldn't be an issue any more than the Book of Mormon being translated into over 50 languages would be. A translation does not automatically mean a change in meaning. And as many of the translations you refer too can still be found, feel free to prove me wrong. All the translations demonstrate the change in language over time, not a change in meaning. And if the KVJ isn't correct, why isn't the JST the official version of the Bible for the church? Doesn't the Mormon church trust it's own founder? Apparently not.

Marysville, CA

#28270 Oct 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
This Forum is not about No Surprise worth! You will say ridiculous things to pervert the truth. No Surprise has his reasons and it's none of your business. It is between him and Christ.
He is the one making worthiness an issue. Don't be a cry baby because I'm using his standards,(or lack of) against him. Stop being a hypocrite, he can't shut up about my relationship with God and speculating if I'm a real Christian or not. If he was taking his kids to the LDS church and didn't get rebaptized, it's because he couldn't met the standard. The reason he got kicked out. I wasn't kicked out, I left the church. Could rejoin at anytime, if I wanted too. He can't. What's good for the goose...
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28271 Oct 18, 2013
If mormons were real christians then they would not be following joseph smith and the book of mormon. They would follow JESUS CHRIST and the bible and nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 2 min jones 94
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 3 min Mullahing It Over 21
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 3 min Strel 74
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Frankie Rizzo 16,039
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,419,839
News MSNBC plays KFC fried chicken ad for NAACP pres... 9 min Mullahing It Over 4
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 12 min Eagle 12 21,209
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Uncle Tab 239,767
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 40 min abc 7,931
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Coffee Party 393,362
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 3 hr Go Blue Forever 116
More from around the web