Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32097 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#28193 Oct 11, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Oaks is a polygamist. He's sealed to 2 women for ever and ever. What if those poor dears can't stand him? Do women get a choice in polygamist Mormon heaven?
If anything, Oaks would be considered a "celestial polygamist." Not a polygamist in the terms that you are inferring. He was married and sealed to his first wife in 1952, who passed away in 1998. In 2000, he then remarried and was sealed to his second wife. Are you inferring that he should have never been remarried because he was previously married to his first wife? Would that opinion hold true for every widowed person? No one should be allowed to remarry?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#28194 Oct 11, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>If anything, Oaks would be considered a "celestial polygamist." Not a polygamist in the terms that you are inferring. He was married and sealed to his first wife in 1952, who passed away in 1998. In 2000, he then remarried and was sealed to his second wife. Are you inferring that he should have never been remarried because he was previously married to his first wife? Would that opinion hold true for every widowed person? No one should be allowed to remarry?
No. As a celestial polygamist(lol) what if those women don't want to be sealed to him...do they have a choice or are they stuck for eternity? What if they don't want to be sealed to a man? Are they doomed to the lower levels?

Willow Springs, MO

#28195 Oct 11, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>No. As a celestial polygamist(lol) what if those women don't want to be sealed to him...do they have a choice or are they stuck for eternity? What if they don't want to be sealed to a man? Are they doomed to the lower levels?
I've been here long enough to know that you rarely, if ever, answer questions posed to you. Yet, you expect others to answer yours when, in reality, you have no interest in hearing them. Your questions are only designed to mock and ridicule the beliefs of others which do not fall "lock step" with your own.

Location hidden

#28196 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>I've been here long enough to know that you rarely, if ever, answer questions posed to you. Yet, you expect others to answer yours when, in reality, you have no interest in hearing them. Your questions are only designed to mock and ridicule the beliefs of others which do not fall "lock step" with your own.
You rarely, if ever answer them either...so I really didn't expect an answer from you.

Willow Springs, MO

#28197 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>You rarely, if ever answer them either...so I really didn't expect an answer from you.
I have attempted to answer your questions in the past, but learned very quickly you weren't really interested in the answers. Only to mock, deride, ridicule, and jeer. The term "pearls before swine" comes to mind.

Location hidden

#28198 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>I have attempted to answer your questions in the past, but learned very quickly you weren't really interested in the answers. Only to mock, deride, ridicule, and jeer. The term "pearls before swine" comes to mind.
Sooo, I guess a conversation about mo-men who have divorced, remarried and are now sealed to two women is out of the question?

Willow Springs, MO

#28199 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Sooo, I guess a conversation about mo-men who have divorced, remarried and are now sealed to two women is out of the question?
If you actually were interested in having a conversation, but since you're not... I would say so. BTW- Oaks was not divorced. His wife passed away.

Willow Springs, MO

#28200 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Sooo, I guess a conversation about mo-men who have divorced, remarried and are now sealed to two women is out of the question?
Ahhh... You sneaky little monkey. That's where you were going all along, wasn't it? You're really not interested in widowers. You're interested in those who have been sealed, divorced, and resealed. Hahahahahaha!!!

Location hidden

#28201 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>If you actually were interested in having a conversation, but since you're not... I would say so. BTW- Oaks was not divorced. His wife passed away.
Oh, I know he's not divorced..
Ok, since earthly/celestial polygamy is not something you are comfortable discussing for some reason..check this out.
http://purpleunions.com/blog/2013/10/usa-utah...

Utah's love of bigotry shines so brightly, doesn't it?

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56984564-2...

Location hidden

#28202 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>Ahhh... You sneaky little monkey. That's where you were going all along, wasn't it? You're really not interested in widowers. You're interested in those who have been sealed, divorced, and resealed. Hahahahahaha!!!
No, actually I consider Oaks to be a huge pig and feel sympathy for those poor women who are now stuck with him for eternity. Can they be unsealed once they are all dead?

Location hidden

#28203 Oct 12, 2013
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#28204 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, I guess a conversation about mo-men who have divorced, remarried and are now sealed to two women is out of the question?
I have an aunt who has been sealed three or four times. Just goes to show everything is temporary.

Willow Springs, MO

#28205 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually I consider Oaks to be a huge pig and feel sympathy for those poor women who are now stuck with him for eternity. Can they be unsealed once they are all dead?
I'm sure those "poor women," as you lovingly refer to them, don't agree with you, nor do they want, nor need, your sympathy. Other than that, are you now saying you believe in "eternal marriage"?

Location hidden

#28206 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>I'm sure those "poor women," as you lovingly refer to them, don't agree with you, nor do they want, nor need, your sympathy. Other than that, are you now saying you believe in "eternal marriage"?
I'm asking what the rules are. I read a Helen Radkey article recently about Lds polygamy for the dead.
http://mormonthink.com/backup/mormon-marriage...

Willow Springs, MO

#28207 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm asking what the rules are. I read a Helen Radkey article recently about Lds polygamy for the dead.
http://mormonthink.com/backup/mormon-marriage...
Awww... "I just want to know what the rules are." Hahahahahaha!!! My side hurts from laughing so hard.

Location hidden

#28208 Oct 12, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I have an aunt who has been sealed three or four times. Just goes to show everything is temporary.
Unsealed and then resealed? Can you request to be unsealed to someone when you die, the thought of eternity with some of these misogynist creeps must really be disturbing for a whole lot of women.

Location hidden

#28209 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>Awww... "I just want to know what the rules are." Hahahahahaha!!! My side hurts from laughing so hard.
Yes..should I ask the ex-Mormons or the Mormons? Lol to u too, it is fun to watch you avoid ever giving any answers.

Willow Springs, MO

#28210 Oct 12, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes..should I ask the ex-Mormons or the Mormons? Lol to u too, it is fun to watch you avoid ever giving any answers.
I avoid answering questions? Really? Interesting...
Now, if you are/were sincere, then you should ask a Mormon. However, since you're not, and most here know you're not, then it really doesn't matter who you ask. You can ask a gas station attendant for all I care. Because it doesn't really matter.
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#28211 Oct 12, 2013
So, I was watching the local news and they ran a story about a couple of guys who had a confrontation at one of the wards in Salt Lake City. Apparently two men were arguing over saving a seat. After the service there was an altercation in the parking lot of the church and the police became involved. One of the guys, maybe both, was arrested and charged with assault. I think they said something about one guy trying to run someone over with their car. Now I realize this could happen at any church or place of worship, surely it happens at St. Peters Basilica all the time, so I'm not trying to single out any Mormons, but I'm wondering, isn't being in church supposed to have that "power of Christ compels you" affect where you feel peacefully uplifted and have that good will towards man mindset. I know that it eventually wears off, but I keep picturing these two spuds flipping each other off and pounding their chest while the rest of the flock is giving testimony. These guys weren't young bucks either, both a little on the mature side as far as age goes. I have a hunch there was a woman involved. I'm also curious if there are consequences aside from legal ones. I mean as far as the church, or does this stuff happen all the time?

Location hidden

#28212 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>I avoid answering questions? Really? Interesting...
Now, if you are/were sincere, then you should ask a Mormon. However, since you're not, and most here know you're not, then it really doesn't matter who you ask. You can ask a gas station attendant for all I care. Because it doesn't really matter.
Oh, don't worry..the answers are just a google search away. And it's ok if you don't want to talk about all/any of the bs in your religion. It must be difficult with all the truth just a click away. I hope they keep the missionaries online and off those bicycles..they aren't safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,523,199
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 3 min chris rucker 1,548
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 3 min Wondering 92
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 5 min southern at heart 384
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min inbred Genius 172
News US urges new sanctions on North Korea and warns... 8 min Jeff Brightone 1
News Coast Guard suspends practice of shooting, stab... 8 min Common Sense 2
News Donald Trump on first 100 days: It's a differen... 10 min Retribution 61
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 11 min inbred Genius 120
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,376
More from around the web