Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Read more

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28158 Oct 9, 2013
Youre a hick wrote:
Before I go I just want to tell your kids I hope they enjoy the LIFETIME FREE RIDE
on the RIVER of FILTH and LOST DARKNESS you INSTALLED in their LIVES.
They're gonna LOVE that
"ONE in TWO of your church's women MOLESTED or RAPED,
ONE in TWO of YOU:
your church's MEN: admitting ADULTERY
ONE in TWO of your church's women ON HARD PHARMACEUTICALS to KILL the PAIN of BEING your WOMEN
One in THREE of your MEN being RAPED or MOLESTED
ONE in TWO or so of your MARRIAGES: D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
That's some NICE NUMBERS there
MOLEST-a-MUTT.
WHY would someone want to stoop to the GHETTO QUALITY LIVING prayer to your RAT gives?
Oh that's right: YOU CLAIM CONSEQUENCE for SIN
is
OLD FASHIONED.
WE'll ASK YOUR DAUGHTER THAT when we PASS HER drinking RIPPLE in some FREEZING ALLEY where she trades "LOVE" for a place to crash for awhile.
You're a
HICK
TRAMP
and your daughter's gonna ride the riverboat you left her: PROTESTANT HUMAN SECULARISM.
LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLo LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL
LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLo LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL
You're going to think those MOLESTERS are FUNNY when you WATCH your GRANDKIDS to the FOURTH GENERATION
TURN INTO THEM.
Congratulations Miss River of Filth you've won a serious dental infection and prison sentence for following your father's advice! How do you feel?
Oh, this FREEDOM from DEMAND to SACRIFICE for that OLD FASHIONED GOD,
has just SET my TWEAKER self, FREE!"
=====
Enjoy the movie molest-a-mutt, it's your kids you turned loos into that BABOON TRIBAL HEIRARCHY you call "The Homosexual Molesters I love so much and left the Mormons to be with."
Whenever you are faced with the truth, you go into a psychotic episode Carol. I wonder how much you've abused your children over the years.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#28159 Oct 9, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>And Christians including Mormons also claim Adam was the first man, which The Bible does not state, ya'll make things up to fit your fancy.
Really? Why don't you educate us as to what you read in Genesis that states who the first person/human was that Genesis claims God created. You seem to believe things and make things up to fit your fancy. I'll even help you out a bit from the NIV. Below are all the first verses that have a direct mention of the first person that Genesis claims existed before all other persons/humans and even name hims. Do note ALL references to HIM are singular :)

Gen 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,

7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man,“You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

18 The Lord God said,“It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28160 Oct 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a self admitted 3 month active member? You have no room to talk, even though you always have to put your 2 cents worth. But I'll compare my knowledge of 33 years to your 3 months any time you like.
My knowledge of the church came from studying it from 1980 to 1991 and some of those years were in study with a famous Okie anti-Mormon. My next phase of studying came from about 1995 to 2009 the time period I took my son and daughter to their ward.
You claim 33 years.
You previously stated you were a (for better description) hellion at church. You stated you rebelled against authority figures in church, you stated you with purpose caused problems and you said/insinuated when you hit 18 you were a Mormon by name and membership and nothing more. You stated you couldn't stand the church when you were a member.
So as you described yourself we are all to believe that in spite of being such a rebellious, disrespecting child at church for 18 years, you were also a very studious attentive learning child? You really expect us to believe that? And than from 18 to 33 while being a racist that hated the church for it's reformed racist policies, a time period of when you hated the church and all it stood for for the next 15 years you studied Mormonism for what reason and when?
I'll call your bluff. I have proved I use more Mormon sources than non-Mormon sources than you and that's proof enough to prove I understand more than you of Mormonism. I have shown I know where the information is in Mormon sources and you haven't.
By the way, I attended as a non-Mo from 16 to 19 with my mom and bro at their ward. I knew Mormon kids like you as you previously described yourself. You were a bishop's nightmare and you admitted to being such. You were to busy screwing around to learn anything. And then when you were old enough to actually learn something, all you had was hate for the church you claimed. So don't feed us BS that you were a studious Mo when you stated before you weren't.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28161 Oct 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Some of these lizards have FOUR homes...you sheep need to seriously wake the hell up
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms...
lol...and it upsets you that they worked for what they have and paid for from that work they did? That upsets you? Or does it upset you that now as administrators in the church you FEEL that they should have relinquished all they had to a life of poverty when becoming an administrator in that church? Last time I read of it, what Mormons worked for they weren't expected to turn it all over to living poverty. Even archaeologists have found the home of who they think is Peter. Seems he didn't live a life of poverty either as you think should be done. Work more and buy a couple places of your own and then come back and criticize them. Man you're such a sheep of hating mos it's down right pathetic.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28162 Oct 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/1HD2I0L.jpg
As they turned the sisters away and finally parked a garbage truck in front of the door so they wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.
This conference was just as awful as all the rest of them..maybe some weren't as blatant,oaks for the most part, replaced PaKKKer for the bigot at bat and they all whined about losing members and those damn women.
And who said the one true church has no """"local """" paid clergy??? Hahaha, it's so pathetic how the scam works sooo perfectly on the faithful.
To a hater of any one or more religions, their conferences/sessions will always be viewed as 'awful' as you prove is true. You hate and loathe Mormons so of course you will hate and loathe anything they do. You're so predictable as a hater. So what now? Several million plus will say it was a great conference :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28163 Oct 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's soo easy..sad they can't see what the rest of the world sees
That's what haters of Jesus and his followers said before and after Peter the lead apostle denied Jesus. Not so strange you would mentally/vocally identify your hate with those that once hated Jesus and his church.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28164 Oct 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He preached murder from the pulpit:
"Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved... and suppose that he is overtaken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin that he knows will deprive him of that exaltation which he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin, and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but what would say,'shed my blood that I may be saved and exalted with the Gods?'
"All mankind love themselves, and let these principles be known by an individual, and he would be glad to have his blood shed. That would be loving themselves, even unto an eternal exaltation. Will you love your brothers and sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood? That is what Jesus Christ meant....
"I could refer you to plenty of instances where men have been righteously slain, in order to atone for their sins. I have seen scores and hundreds of people for whom there would have been a chance... if their lives had been taken and their blood spilled on the ground as a smoking incense to the Almighty, but who are now angels to the Devil... I have known a great many men who have left this Church for whom there is no chance whatever for exaltation, but if their blood had been spilled, it would have been better for them....
"This is loving our neighbor as ourselves; if he needs help, help him; and if he wants salvation and it is necessary to spill his blood on the earth in order that he may be saved, spill it.... if you have sinned a sin requiring the shedding of blood, except the sin unto death, would not be satisfied nor rest until your blood should be spilled, that you might gain that salvation you desire. That is the way to love mankind." (Sermon by President Brigham Young, delivered in the Mormon Tabernacle, February 8, 1857; printed in the Deseret News, February 18, 1857; also reprinted in the Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, pages 219-220)
You can also read about the results of this preaching at:
http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no92.htm#MORM...
And what has women voting have to do with this topic?
Your point is that makes him a bad man? Jesus as God from Genesis to Malachi preached and demanded murder and vicious physical beatings and all his leaders were instructed to follow what he commanded them in those things. Jesus in the NT stated a person hurting a person of innocence should commit suicide or self murder by drowning themselves. Should we focus on those points and forget all else Jesus/god also said and claim him a bad God as you do with Young? Hmmm?

Location hidden

#28165 Oct 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>lol...and it upsets you that they worked for what they have and paid for from that work they did? That upsets you? Or does it upset you that now as administrators in the church you FEEL that they should have relinquished all they had to a life of poverty when becoming an administrator in that church? Last time I read of it, what Mormons worked for they weren't expected to turn it all over to living poverty. Even archaeologists have found the home of who they think is Peter. Seems he didn't live a life of poverty either as you think should be done. Work more and buy a couple places of your own and then come back and criticize them. Man you're such a sheep of hating mos it's down right pathetic.
The elephant in the room again? They don't even pay tithes.

Marysville, CA

#28166 Oct 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
My knowledge of the church came from studying it from 1980 to 1991 and some of those years were in study with a famous Okie anti-Mormon. My next phase of studying came from about 1995 to 2009 the time period I took my son and daughter to their ward.
You claim 33 years.
You previously stated you were a (for better description) hellion at church. You stated you rebelled against authority figures in church, you stated you with purpose caused problems and you said/insinuated when you hit 18 you were a Mormon by name and membership and nothing more. You stated you couldn't stand the church when you were a member.
So as you described yourself we are all to believe that in spite of being such a rebellious, disrespecting child at church for 18 years, you were also a very studious attentive learning child? You really expect us to believe that? And than from 18 to 33 while being a racist that hated the church for it's reformed racist policies, a time period of when you hated the church and all it stood for for the next 15 years you studied Mormonism for what reason and when?
I'll call your bluff. I have proved I use more Mormon sources than non-Mormon sources than you and that's proof enough to prove I understand more than you of Mormonism. I have shown I know where the information is in Mormon sources and you haven't.
By the way, I attended as a non-Mo from 16 to 19 with my mom and bro at their ward. I knew Mormon kids like you as you previously described yourself. You were a bishop's nightmare and you admitted to being such. You were to busy screwing around to learn anything. And then when you were old enough to actually learn something, all you had was hate for the church you claimed. So don't feed us BS that you were a studious Mo when you stated before you weren't.
18 yrs forced to attend priesthood, primary, Sunday school, and seminary meetings. You will have to learn what the LDS church is teaching whether you want to or not.

Add to that all the years of studying after I left and I still kick your butt in what the LDS church is teaching today and yesterday.

I remember that for all your studying you made the ignorant statement that the word of wisdom wasn't a commandment. So you didn't studying too hard there wannabe Mormon. Also, I was never excommunicated, unlike you, so you was a rebel yourself.

Marysville, CA

#28167 Oct 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...and it upsets you that they worked for what they have and paid for from that work they did? That upsets you? Or does it upset you that now as administrators in the church you FEEL that they should have relinquished all they had to a life of poverty when becoming an administrator in that church? Last time I read of it, what Mormons worked for they weren't expected to turn it all over to living poverty. Even archaeologists have found the home of who they think is Peter. Seems he didn't live a life of poverty either as you think should be done. Work more and buy a couple places of your own and then come back and criticize them. Man you're such a sheep of hating mos it's down right pathetic.
No it upsets us that in a church that brags about having a non-paid ministry as if paying a preacher is something filthy to have, yet the leaders are making millions pretending to be Apostles and Prophets of God. They are the ones who make an issue of it.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28168 Oct 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
18 yrs forced to attend priesthood, primary, Sunday school, and seminary meetings. You will have to learn what the LDS church is teaching whether you want to or not.
Add to that all the years of studying after I left and I still kick your butt in what the LDS church is teaching today and yesterday.
I remember that for all your studying you made the ignorant statement that the word of wisdom wasn't a commandment. So you didn't studying too hard there wannabe Mormon. Also, I was never excommunicated, unlike you, so you was a rebel yourself.
You may have been there physically but were you there in your heart?
Were you listening with true intent? or twisting things as you read them or heard them?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28169 Oct 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The elephant in the room again? They don't even pay tithes.
The hater doing her hating work is still in the room? Who doesn't pay tithes? I know many Mos that don't pay tithes or maybe pay them here and there and I know Mos that pay them like they pay their rent on time every month.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28170 Oct 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more of your word twisting. Don't you have a fricking honest bone in your body? I stated the wow wasn't a commandment and when it was given it wasn't. I wasn't aware that it was later looked upon as a commandment. That is true. But you the all knowing Mo didn't know when first given and for a few decades later IT WAS NEVER GIVEN AS A COMMANDMENT.
18 years FORCED to a life as a Mo. Most all your earlier posts were anti-Mormon posts. That's a fact. You established that fact. That reveals your lack of knowledge of Mormon doctrine. Because all doctrine anti-Mormon sites use come from Mormon sources. And you next to never quoted from the D&C, PoGP or BoM or CH. If you were so knowledgeable of Mormon doctrine as you lie about knowing, your past posts would be full of quotes from those four sources, NOT anti-Mormon site sources. Understand?
What you NOW claim is like a knowledgeable Catholic in a debate referencing anti-Catholic site sources for information rather than using Catholic site sources from which they gained all their knowledge from. You really believe your own BS and that's sad.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28171 Oct 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No it upsets us that in a church that brags about having a non-paid ministry as if paying a preacher is something filthy to have, yet the leaders are making millions pretending to be Apostles and Prophets of God. They are the ones who make an issue of it.
Yet the leaders are making millions? What are you sniveling about this time?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28172 Oct 10, 2013
Something interesting for everyone to chew on :)(Yes I live for these moments :)))
Do note the pictures with the pineapple in them.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/293933-recons...

In a book about the origins of the Maya-Quiché people there are many interesting points. The fathers of that civilization, according to the text, were “black people, white people, people of many faces, people of many languages,” and they came from the East.“And it isn’t clear how they crossed over the sea. They crossed over as if there were no sea,” says the text.

However, researchers later decided to translate the Mayan word usually meant for “sea” as “lake.”

There are also many Mayan depictions and texts about men with beards. But Native Americans do not grow beards.

Furthermore, some artworks of the ancient Romans show pineapples, a fruit that originated in South America.

Russo, who currently teaches probability at Tor Vergata University of Rome, says the main reason why researchers think America wasn’t known to ancient Greeks is not due to lack of proof, but to scientific dogma.

Location hidden

#28173 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>The hater doing her hating work is still in the room? Who doesn't pay tithes? I know many Mos that don't pay tithes or maybe pay them here and there and I know Mos that pay them like they pay their rent on time every month.
Really? Should a mission president also be a corporation? Should the lizards claim there are no paid "local" clergy when in fact they are lying? Should "stipends" involve hundreds of thousands of dollars? Tax evaders are criminals and the cult not only encourages these crimes, they make them a requirement. Mormonism is the grifter rotary club of religions.

Location hidden

#28174 Oct 10, 2013
Oh darn, he was using his "just a man" voice.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28175 Oct 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Oh darn, he was using his "just a man" voice.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...
Man voice? lol...fricking funny! He was spot on! What he said was accurate and true. "Oct. 5, Christofferson said, "Some (note he didn't say all so to be accurate in the usage of the word 'some'?)feminist thinkers view homemaking with outright contempt, arguing it demeans women and that the relentless demands of raising children are a form of exploitation."
He changed it and I think he should have left it. Far left feminists are against how the traditional family is. These far left feminists are for fatherless bastard children whom are to be raised by a dozen child agencies from birth to HS graduation while they work. And if financially able they hire a nanny to care for the emotional well being of their child they won't give them because the job is more important than the child. This present generation is full of far left feminists opting out of having a male counterpart so they can have bastard kids they usually have others raise for them while they busy themselves with work and whatever.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28176 Oct 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Should a mission president also be a corporation? Should the lizards claim there are no paid "local" clergy when in fact they are lying? Should "stipends" involve hundreds of thousands of dollars? Tax evaders are criminals and the cult not only encourages these crimes, they make them a requirement. Mormonism is the grifter rotary club of religions.
First, they don't claim there's 'absolutely' no paid clergy as you say it. If it was as literal as a statement as you erroneously claim it, then no one in the Mormon church would be receiving wages while in a office. And we know some receive a wage. But the wage isn't for being clergy. You should learn the difference.

You didn't answer the question. Try and concentrate okay? You made a statement and I asked a question. You said one or more people in elevated offices of the Mormon church don't pay tithes. What offices and why don't they pay tithes?
Next, a mission president is a temporary position, you knew that correct? You know that every single position in the Mormon church is temporary? You realize that when seventies are released they go back to living off their own money and or retirement income? You realize when a mission president is released they go back to working and living off their income and or retirement? Those assigned to the temples as full time workers are there in a temporary position and though housing is afforded to them like missionaries and mission presidents etc they usually live off their own savings and or retirement during the mission. I know this because distant relatives of mine were full time temple workers and left Utah for a Netherland temple and were there for 4 years. Their savings and retirement were the mainstay of their income though the church gave them a one bedroom apt. And they paid tithes.

Location hidden

#28177 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Man voice? lol...fricking funny! He was spot on! What he said was accurate and true. "Oct. 5, Christofferson said, "Some (note he didn't say all so to be accurate in the usage of the word 'some'?)feminist thinkers view homemaking with outright contempt, arguing it demeans women and that the relentless demands of raising children are a form of exploitation."
He changed it and I think he should have left it. Far left feminists are against how the traditional family is. These far left feminists are for fatherless bastard children whom are to be raised by a dozen child agencies from birth to HS graduation while they work. And if financially able they hire a nanny to care for the emotional well being of their child they won't give them because the job is more important than the child. This present generation is full of far left feminists opting out of having a male counterpart so they can have bastard kids they usually have others raise for them while they busy themselves with work and whatever.
...and as usual, you miss the point. If he is inspired by god to say what he said, why the edit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min polymath257 6,255
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,205,874
News House Dem Makes 'Do Not Deport Me' Cards for Il... 3 min sandy 1 3
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 4 min St Rick Saintpornum 502
News Harry Reid to retire, will not be seeking re-el... 4 min Cat74 23
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min red and right 319,895
News Indiana Gov. Pence set to sign religious object... 5 min WelbyMD 30
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Lawrence Wolf 154,545
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 42 min woodtick57 223
More from around the web