Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32007 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

#28096 Oct 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, it's a good start, if you are dealing with five year olds.
So so critical. It just proves that there is no satisfying you anti's. Yet, you all act like five year olds. Perhaps worse.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#28097 Oct 6, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about the Moron part, more likened to a fool.
Jesus referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Mt. 5:17-18; 8:17; 12:40-42; Lk. 4:18-21; 10:25-28; 15:29-31; 17:32; 24:25-45; Jn. 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,”“the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” The apostles quoted 209 times from the Old Testament and considered it “the oracles of God.”
I believe this answers your question.
I understood what you meant though you said it in error :)
So let's try these Christian traditional sayings on for size shall we?
The Bible is God's only book of holy scripture.
God wrote the Bible.
Reject God and you reject the Bible.
All you need to know of God is in the Bible.
God still reveals his words today.
If you accept anything but the Bible you're bound for hell.
Only what's in the Bible can be accepted and nothing else.
God commands us to believe in the Bible.
The Bible contains no errors.
Those and other sayings not mentioned are all traditional Christian sayings. Not a single one is contained in the Bible.
From the OT to Revelations the entire Bible is filled with no sex to happen outside of a marriage between a man and woman. Marriage for a same sex couple never mentioned.
Yet modern Christians find exception for what's in the Bible and have decided what it says it out of date and or not applicable in our time. So a growing portion of mosdern Christians add to the Bible and say same sex marriage is good with God yet he didn't say that. And you want to be critical of Mormons adding to what's contained in the Bible as wrong?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28098 Oct 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know Wisdom, No Surprise plays the intentional idiot to get attention. These points have been addressed with him many times in the past. He isn't even LDS. They kicked him out many years ago, but apparently he sill wants to belong. He's a child wanting attention. I've stopped responding to cries for attention long ago. But play with him if you want. But all he does for the most part is bait and switch. Just don't mistake him for a real Mormon.
lol....just to let you know wisdom, Dana is a child when he get's pissed and upset and you'll see him prove it in his post. He loves to use playground rants and raves at people as he thinks saying childish things will would them emotionally.
Dana also likes to make statements without using actual facts most of the time. Sometimes when he's feeling like an adult he'll toss some actual references at you to give evidence for his opinion.
By his own admission concerning his so called 'Mormon up bringing' he likes to remind people of, he never learned a fricking thing seriously. Early on in our discussions, his references/links came mostly from anti-Mormon sites. A true blue Mo as he claims to have been raised as would never or even now would have to use anti-Mo info. All his info should have came from his knowledge of the church and it's web sites or pro-Mormon sites. But that hardly ever happens. Dana hated the church as a kid and he hates it now.
Dana hates to discuss with me because I question his thinking and ideology and he can't stand that being done.
If he ever engages you in an intelligent, adult conversation count your lucky stars, just saying :)

Ozark, MO

#28099 Oct 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, it's a good start, if you are dealing with five year olds.
It seems to me that life has been particularly hard on you, and working in a brothel has made you see the world through jaded eyes. However, whether you agree or not with the religious beliefs of others, based on your interactions, does not mean we are all hypocritical "johns," nor does it make us foolish, or "five year olds." There are those who truly believe, and try to live their faith. No matter what the denomination is.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#28100 Oct 6, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
So so critical. It just proves that there is no satisfying you anti's. Yet, you all act like five year olds. Perhaps worse.
Hey Crazy. How you been?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28101 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Less is more. An excellent example and your point was well made. Nice job. Remember, keep it simple.
lol...thanks.

Ozark, MO

#28102 Oct 6, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Crazy. How you been?
I've been really good. Really busy lately. Just got back from visiting with family back home in California where I had the opportunity of officiating at my nephew's wedding. How about you?:-)

Location hidden

#28103 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>So so critical. It just proves that there is no satisfying you anti's. Yet, you all act like five year olds. Perhaps worse.
Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith..seriously?? I just saw a comment somewhere .."Uchtdorf invited me to come back and Oaks reminded me why I will."
It's not a start, it's a silly game for you sheep to play.

Ozark, MO

#28104 Oct 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith..seriously?? I just saw a comment somewhere .."Uchtdorf invited me to come back and Oaks reminded me why I will."
It's not a start, it's a silly game for you sheep to play.
Not a start? Well, in one sentence you proved my point. Good to see you watched and listened. Know your enemy, right? Baaaahhh...
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28105 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood what you meant though you said it in error :)
So let's try these Christian traditional sayings on for size shall we?
The Bible is God's only book of holy scripture.
God wrote the Bible.
Reject God and you reject the Bible.
All you need to know of God is in the Bible.
God still reveals his words today.
If you accept anything but the Bible you're bound for hell.
Only what's in the Bible can be accepted and nothing else.
God commands us to believe in the Bible.
The Bible contains no errors.
Those and other sayings not mentioned are all traditional Christian sayings. Not a single one is contained in the Bible.
From the OT to Revelations the entire Bible is filled with no sex to happen outside of a marriage between a man and woman. Marriage for a same sex couple never mentioned.
Yet modern Christians find exception for what's in the Bible and have decided what it says it out of date and or not applicable in our time. So a growing portion of mosdern Christians add to the Bible and say same sex marriage is good with God yet he didn't say that. And you want to be critical of Mormons adding to what's contained in the Bible as wrong?
And Christians including Mormons also claim Adam was the first man, which The Bible does not state, ya'll make things up to fit your fancy.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28106 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
No friend, it really doesn't prove anything other than you have a low standard for proof.

Ozark, MO

#28107 Oct 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>No friend, it really doesn't prove anything other than you have a low standard for proof.
Faith does not require proof. Quite the opposite. If there was proof, there would be no need for faith.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28108 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I, for one, appreciate the honesty from a member of the First Presidency.
It's nice for a change. But notice he did leave out the why. He also came back later with a "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" statement which is saying the real problem is still you if you have doubts, not the actions of the leaders.

Marysville, CA

#28109 Oct 6, 2013
And should honesty be the standard for the church leaders and not the exception?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28110 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It seems to me that life has been particularly hard on you, and working in a brothel has made you see the world through jaded eyes. However, whether you agree or not with the religious beliefs of others, based on your interactions, does not mean we are all hypocritical "johns," nor does it make us foolish, or "five year olds." There are those who truly believe, and try to live their faith. No matter what the denomination is.
I've never referred to Christians as hypocrites, and I would only refer to an individual as "foolish" never a whole group. And yes I know there are those who truly believe. I don't disagree with you based on any interactions we've had, so your comments are just babbling. You don't even begin to know where I am coming from, since you are "trying" to live your faith, it pretty much keeps you from seeing any other perspective.

Marysville, CA

#28111 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Less is more. An excellent example and your point was well made. Nice job. Remember, keep it simple.
If the Bible isn't the word of God because of minor errors, that certainly would exclude all of LDS scripture along with it. And Christians don't proclaim the Bible to be perfect. Not any that has really read and studied it.

Ozark, MO

#28112 Oct 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>It's nice for a change. But notice he did leave out the why. He also came back later with a "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" statement which is saying the real problem is still you if you have doubts, not the actions of the leaders.
Yes, he did leave out the "why." I would expect him to. He's an Apostle. He's not going to say what those problems are. His focus is to bring all to Christ, not to point out the negatives. It is good that he at least acknowledged that they existed, instead of burying his head in the sand. Even baby steps are steps.

Marysville, CA

#28113 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I think it's a good start, don't you?
I think it's long past due. But I also think that it is evidence that the internet has had an effect on the membership. People are waking up.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28114 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Faith does not require proof. Quite the opposite. If there was proof, there would be no need for faith.
Your comment regarding proof wasn't in regard to faith, it was statement regarding proof about anti's. I can tell you've been listening to the general conference again, but no fret, the warm fuzzy feeling will wear off in a few days and you will be back to your supercilious self in no time.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28115 Oct 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice for a change. But notice he did leave out the why. He also came back later with a "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" statement which is saying the real problem is still you if you have doubts, not the actions of the leaders.
Yes, I noticed that he left out the why, which is really the most important revelation, don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Realtime 1,276,639
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 11 min Cordwainer Trout 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Coffee Party 196,920
News What rights do immigrants in the US have? 13 min USA 9
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 16 min Gary Coaldigger 12,710
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 17 min spud 79
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min IBdaMann 54,537
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Ari son of Anarchy 193,882
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Quirky 341,050
News Republican candidate Walker calls building nort... 4 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 45
More from around the web