Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
26,621 - 26,640 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

NoMo wrote:
Keep it classy, LDS,inc. WW(mormon)JD?? Sue the sick guy for hurting their business.
http://m.deseretnews.com/article/865587214/Ci...
How do these idiots think they are going to be able to collect if they win. This nutjob will be spending the rest of his life in jail.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana said this, so it is so?
Shouldn't the Gospel be based on God's word not Dana?
Still hoping Mormonism is God's word. HAHAHAHAH! What a idiot.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Youre a Tramp wrote:
Unconditional love's got nothing more to do with Christianity than unconditional flow of water or smoke.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
The greatest commandment given was to love one another. Have you ever even been to church?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>Your false prophet is joseph smith...so called modern day prophet...he has no power. JESUS is the Messiah
Since when do Mormons not believe that Jesus is the Messiah? wow..... just .... wow.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>How do these idiots think they are going to be able to collect if they win. This nutjob will be spending the rest of his life in jail.
The greed reeks. A church suing a man for confessing to a crisis worker his plans. That maze of a mall must not be doing so well. Honestly, if it wasn't owned by a cult and it wasn't a total maze..I would still never go there. The barney mall cops remind me of sisters stalking you in the square. If you even stop for a minute , there's a goober in a huge and really stupid looking hat asking if you need help. It's creepy

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
The greed reeks. A church suing a man for confessing to a crisis worker his plans. That maze of a mall must not be doing so well. Honestly, if it wasn't owned by a cult and it wasn't a total maze..I would still never go there. The barney mall cops remind me of sisters stalking you in the square. If you even stop for a minute , there's a goober in a huge and really stupid looking hat asking if you need help. It's creepy
I've never been there, and with any luck, never will. I have decided that the last day I spend in Utah has long come and gone.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious to whom has the authority to declare him a false prophet...
You?
or,
Who?
He is not in the bible...therefore he is a false prophet teaching false prophesies.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Since when do Mormons not believe that Jesus is the Messiah? wow..... just .... wow.
How can they if they believe in the prophet joseph smith. He has no powers.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana said this, so it is so?
Shouldn't the Gospel be based on God's word not Dana?
GOD said it also......gentiles, not mormons.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Does joseph smith have powers like JESUS did?
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious to whom has the authority to declare him a false prophet...
You?
or,
Who?
Everybody or anybody. You've posed a really asinine question here girlfriend.
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Youre a Tramp wrote:
Unconditional love's got nothing more to do with Christianity than unconditional flow of water or smoke.
Nothing you dribble from the front of your befuddled brain relates to the God of the Bible.
The commandment of the Lord to all mankind is to not incur His wrath and His hate, or the end of your inheritance shall be worse than for those who were never revealed His words and His commands.
That means all you and your hopes shall be destroyed by the evil you court, and they shall divide your remaining hopes among themselves as gambling over the possessions of the condemned.
So you enjoy that river of filth you install in your son's future.
-----
"Proverbs 6:16
"There are six things the LORD hates, seven things that are detestable to Him:
haughty eyes
a lying tongue
hands that shed innocent blood
a heart that devises wicked schemes
feet that rush into evil
a witness that pours out lies
and a man that stirs up dissension among the brothers."
Leviticus 20:23 "[A]nd ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
Psalm 5:5 "[T]he foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psalm 11:5 "[T]he LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Hosea 9:15
"I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings."
Malachi 1:3 "[A]nd I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Romans 9:13
[A]s it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Malachi 2:16 16
"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel,
"and I hate a man's covering himself with violence
as well as with his garment,"
says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith. "
Psalm 5:4-5 "[F]or you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil may not dwell with you."
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
Psalm 11:5 "[T]he LORD tests the righteous,
but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.
Isaiah 61:8 "[F]or I the LORD love justice;
I hate robbery and wrong;
I will faithfully give them their recompense,
and I will make an everlasting covenant with them."
Zechariah 8:12 "[d]o not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the LORD."
(Jer 12:8 NIV) "My inheritance has become to me like a lion in the forest. She roars at me; therefore I hate her."
(Jer 44:4 NIV) "Again and again I sent my servants the prophets, who said,'Do not do this detestable thing that I hate!"
(Amos 5:21 NIV) "[I] hate, I despise your religious feasts; I cannot stand your assemblies."
(Zec 8:17 NIV)[d]o not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this," declares the LORD. "
You're my favorite Christian.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Joseph smith is a false prophet with false teachings and the stupid mormons are dumb enough to follow a false prophet with no powers.
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Since when do Mormons not believe that Jesus is the Messiah? wow..... just .... wow.
It's a good thing your prophet confirms that for you, otherwise it would make it a little harder to follow the prophet Joseph Smith and his righteous translations, one would think. I'm curious though, does the LDS still claim Joseph Smith will be one of the three on the panel who judges all of mankind?
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Realpeople wrote:
Joseph smith is a false prophet with false teachings and the stupid mormons are dumb enough to follow a false prophet with no powers.
Yes, yes we know. So what false prophet do you follow?
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, yes we know. So what false prophet do you follow?
None!
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>None!
So the prophet you follow is as righteous to you as the prophet the LDS follow is righteous to them. Yes, no?
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So the prophet you follow is as righteous to you as the prophet the LDS follow is righteous to them. Yes, no?
I follow GOD/JESUS CHRIST the SAVIOR...not a prophet. When is the last time Joseph Smith performed a miracle?
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, yes we know. So what false prophet do you follow?
I don't follow a prophet.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing your prophet confirms that for you, otherwise it would make it a little harder to follow the prophet Joseph Smith and his righteous translations, one would think. I'm curious though, does the LDS still claim Joseph Smith will be one of the three on the panel who judges all of mankind?
You can't get into the Celestial Kingdom without Smith's approval, don't you know that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••