Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Youre a hick

Gridley, CA

#27302 Jul 24, 2013
Each time a homosexual satanist tries to turn the ship of history to violation of the laws of the Lord, they heap coals upon their heads.
Each time they're told they're wrong, it's more.
That's why A.I.D.S. collects them like bugs in a zapper. The Lord won't be mocked.
Homosexual child molestor cheerleaders will be mocked.
Then go to hell and watch their own kind do every evil known, to mankind.
2% of men are homosexuals.
They RAPE/MOLEST more than 30 PERCENT of ALL MEN.
Contrast this to HETEROSEXUALS.
N.I.N.E.T.Y. FIVE to N.I.N.E.T.Y. S.E.V.E.N.
percent of HETEROSEXUAL MEN
only manage to RAPE/MOLEST 50% of WOMEN
TWENTY TIMES the NUMBER of HETEROS
molest fifteen percent more,
ALTHOUGH THEY ARE MOLESTING/RAPING a MORE VULNERABLE POPULATION of people: women.
5% of MEN rape THIRTY PERCENT.
as opposed to
95% of STRAIGHT PEOPLE
raping 50% of women. A MORE vulnerable population: culturally, physically, psychologically.
Homosexuals are the MOLESTERS of THE UNIVERSE.
Youre a hick

Gridley, CA

#27303 Jul 24, 2013
Dana decided teaching the truth to children didn't hold enough thrills so he set out to see how many he can be responsible for being molested before, and after he dies.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27304 Jul 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it was a Coleman tent? By all means, let it be ugly. LOL!!!
It doesn't matter what I think!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27305 Jul 24, 2013
and it certainly doesn't matter what you think because you don't even believe in Genesis.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27306 Jul 24, 2013
Youre a hick wrote:
Dana decided teaching the truth to children didn't hold enough thrills so he set out to see how many he can be responsible for being molested before, and after he dies.
Still need that vibrator, I see Carol/Sportsmouse. No one is going to molest you today. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#27307 Jul 24, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
and it certainly doesn't matter what you think because you don't even believe in Genesis.
I certainly believe the earth is more than 5,000 yrs old! LOL!!!
Youre a hick

Gridley, CA

#27308 Jul 24, 2013
T.w.o. PERCENT of queers

Molesting THIRTY + PERCENT of all men.

That's a bunch of queers.

INFEST & MOLEST

as a reason not to kill yourself six times more often than straight people..

Marysville, CA

#27309 Jul 24, 2013
It's not just in Latin America. The leaders will consistently lie whenever backed in a corner.

LDS DECEPTION IN LATIN AMERICA

http://wwwjanishutchinson.blogspot.com/

The first time an LDS leader lied to me, I didn’t know it was happening. I was at a Mormon temple opening in Mexico, and after taking the temple tour a small group of us were standing around talking—a mix of visitors, both LDS and non-LDS, and a leader in his traditional dark suit. When we asked him about the Mormon teaching about God—that God was once a man like us who had to progress to Godhood—he immediately denied it. I was surprised; since it was something I’d seen documented in numerous LDS sources. So I asked him if he was sure, and quoted from memory the best I could what Joseph Smith taught. This he also denied, saying it was not LDS Church teaching. Without the source I really couldn’t argue further, but I did wonder if it was possible a leader in Latin America might not know about something so basic to LDS doctrine.

Fast forward six to eight months. Different country in Latin America, very similar scenario. This time there were several LDS leaders in a group of maybe eight to ten people. When they asked what those of us who were non-Mormons found objectionable about the LDS church I brought up the LDS teaching that according to Joseph Smith, God had not always been God, but was once a man like us. That Joseph had taught this doctrine they immediately and strongly denied. I once again cited the quote from Joseph Smith affirming that God had not always been God, but at one time had been a man like us. This was met with stronger denials and accusations of me repeating anti-Mormon falsehoods. Once again I was not sure if they truly didn’t know this information, so I pulled out my copy of Enseñanzas del Profeta José Smith (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith) and turned to page 427. However, as soon as I started reading, what they had been denying so strongly, they now began affirming. I must admit I was a bit stunned. Their denial of the doctrine was a lie.

Go to the link to read the rest.

The LDS church plays everybody for fools, or tires to anyway.

Marysville, CA

#27311 Jul 24, 2013
And the spin doctoring begins:

"As long as I am putting up a post highlighting BYU Studies’ charitable and helpful response, I might as well include some of my own thoughts on the situation, naturally not in any way representative of the view that people at BYU Studies may or may not take.

"The New York Times article describes a problem entirely of our own making. For decades CES and the Curriculum Committee have exercised enormous influence on what information Mormons have access to in official settings and, more importantly, have actively discouraged members from seeking information or knowledge about the Church or its history from “outside sources.” It should come as no surprise, then, when a prime example of an active, faithful local church leader like Hans Mattsson (a former Area Authority Seventy featured in the New York Times article who became emeritus after heart surgery in 2005 and then began to learn about puzzling and problematic episodes in Church history on the internet) devotes a significant portion of his life to Church leadership and service but still does not know about difficult aspects of Church history or wrinkles associated with particular doctrines/teachings — and feels betrayed when he learns them, leading to a “crisis of faith,” despite his spiritual experiences in the Church. "

http://bycommonconsent.com/2013/07/23/reading...

It will be too little, too late.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#27312 Jul 24, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.
Can I be a Mormon?, I want a wife for each day of the week
jeff

Sterling Heights, MI

#27313 Jul 24, 2013
Kaylee Rae wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIBLE says not to ADD or subtract from the word of God. It's says that the bible is God's ONLY true word. Therefore, the book of mormon is completely untrue. Sorry.
I am a christian and I am pretty sure that no where in the Bible does it mention "the Bible" so by your reasoning the Bible is in fact False....Dont come on here and argue something you are not capable or qualified to argue.

Marysville, CA

#27314 Jul 24, 2013
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a christian and I am pretty sure that no where in the Bible does it mention "the Bible" so by your reasoning the Bible is in fact False....Dont come on here and argue something you are not capable or qualified to argue.
Silly ass word games isn't going to save your cult.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27315 Jul 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
It's not just in Latin America. The leaders will consistently lie whenever backed in a corner.
LDS DECEPTION IN LATIN AMERICA
http://wwwjanishutchinson.blogspot.com/
The first time an LDS leader lied to me, I didn’t know it was happening. I was at a Mormon temple opening in Mexico, and after taking the temple tour a small group of us were standing around talking—a mix of visitors, both LDS and non-LDS, and a leader in his traditional dark suit. When we asked him about the Mormon teaching about God—that God was once a man like us who had to progress to Godhood—he immediately denied it. I was surprised; since it was something I’d seen documented in numerous LDS sources. So I asked him if he was sure, and quoted from memory the best I could what Joseph Smith taught. This he also denied, saying it was not LDS Church teaching. Without the source I really couldn’t argue further, but I did wonder if it was possible a leader in Latin America might not know about something so basic to LDS doctrine.
Fast forward six to eight months. Different country in Latin America, very similar scenario. This time there were several LDS leaders in a group of maybe eight to ten people. When they asked what those of us who were non-Mormons found objectionable about the LDS church I brought up the LDS teaching that according to Joseph Smith, God had not always been God, but was once a man like us. That Joseph had taught this doctrine they immediately and strongly denied. I once again cited the quote from Joseph Smith affirming that God had not always been God, but at one time had been a man like us. This was met with stronger denials and accusations of me repeating anti-Mormon falsehoods. Once again I was not sure if they truly didn’t know this information, so I pulled out my copy of Enseñanzas del Profeta José Smith (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith) and turned to page 427. However, as soon as I started reading, what they had been denying so strongly, they now began affirming. I must admit I was a bit stunned. Their denial of the doctrine was a lie.
Go to the link to read the rest.
The LDS church plays everybody for fools, or tires to anyway.
You're factual proof of someone being a Mormon and not knowing anything of your religion. If Groat or that woman had tossed some questions at you when you were 16 they would have seen the definition of denial in action.
If someone is asked about something and doesn't know that thing and denies it being true, that isn't deception. That's simple ignorance.
And Groat making this statement claiming Smith Jr. said it was a lie... "God had not always been God,". Smith never claimed God hadn't always been God. Never said, never written.
Smith said God had once been a man in the flesh like we are men in the flesh and like Jesus/God was a man in the flesh. But Smith never stated God wasn't God when he was in the flesh.
Your source is an out right liar. Now what?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27316 Jul 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
And the spin doctoring begins:
"As long as I am putting up a post highlighting BYU Studies’ charitable and helpful response, I might as well include some of my own thoughts on the situation, naturally not in any way representative of the view that people at BYU Studies may or may not take.
"The New York Times article describes a problem entirely of our own making. For decades CES and the Curriculum Committee have exercised enormous influence on what information Mormons have access to in official settings and, more importantly, have actively discouraged members from seeking information or knowledge about the Church or its history from “outside sources.” It should come as no surprise, then, when a prime example of an active, faithful local church leader like Hans Mattsson (a former Area Authority Seventy featured in the New York Times article who became emeritus after heart surgery in 2005 and then began to learn about puzzling and problematic episodes in Church history on the internet) devotes a significant portion of his life to Church leadership and service but still does not know about difficult aspects of Church history or wrinkles associated with particular doctrines/teachings — and feels betrayed when he learns them, leading to a “crisis of faith,” despite his spiritual experiences in the Church. "
http://bycommonconsent.com/2013/07/23/reading...
It will be too little, too late.
The only spin doctoring taking place is from people like you. If Mormons like anyone of any religion they belong to wish to be ignorant of their religions historical back ground, it's their fault, not the church's fault.
I've been acquainted with Mormons from Oklahoma to Montana and Alaska and I have never witnessed/seen/heard/read where a person of authority did their best by some form of communication to tell members not to ask about church history. That's a croc of BS as usual from you and your kind.
Also, ex-mos and anti-mos have gotten all their information they use in negative ways from Mormon history sources. Mormon history sources any Mormon has access to any time they want to read of it.
If any Mormon doesn't know their own church history it's because of ignorance and nothing more. They have no excuse for not knowing their history. And for you to claim as others the church suppresses members from learning church history is BS dripping from your brown stained colored lips. Mormons teaching classes delve into church history all the time. Fricking bunch of idiots your kind is.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27317 Jul 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly ass word games isn't going to save your cult.
Silly *ss word statements/quotes/sayings isn't going to save your cult for sure. Now what?

Merriam-Webster

cult noun, often attributive \&#712;k&#601;lt\

Definition of CULT

: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

Marysville, CA

#27318 Jul 25, 2013
Our resident monkey continues to throw his poo with intent of continuing the time honored tradition of the LDS churches policy of "lying for the Lord" Demonstrating again, that when the truth can't save you, try using any old lie.

The Mormon Church Hides its True History

This page has quotes taken from two papers. One given by Boyd K. Packer a Mormon Apostle and another by D. Michael Quinn a church historian. The comments in [] are from "The Seventh East Press, November 18, 1981". The text in " " is from Boyd K. Packer's talk "Do not spread disease germs!" (Brigham Young University Studies, Summer 1981, pp. 259, 262-271). I am responsible for the combining of the two papers together. I want to thank the Mormon who sent these to me.

"I have come to believe that it is the tendency for many members of the Church who spend a great deal of time in academic research to begin to judge the Church, its doctrine, organization, and leadership, present and past, by the principles of their own profession.... In my mind it ought to be the other way around...."

"Your objective should be that they will see the hand of the Lord in every hour and every moment of the Church from its beginning till now....there is no such thing as an accurate or objective history of the Church which ignores the Spirit.... Church history can be so interesting and so inspiring as to be a very powerful tool indeed for building faith. If not properly written or properly taught, it may be a faith destroyer..."

"Some things that are true are not very useful."

[Turning to Elder Packer's caution that previously-published material is not always suitable for re-publishing, Quinn described the 'odd situation' created by General Authorities criticizing individuals for reprinting material that was viewed by General Authorities of an earlier era as faith-promoting and 'appropriate for children and recent converts.']

"The writer or the teacher who has an exaggerated loyalty to the theory that everything must be told is laying a foundation for his own judgment...."

[Quinn expressed the opinion that for LDS historians to avoid what Elder Packer called 'the unworthy, the unsavory, or the sensational' would be of questionable honesty and professional integrity and would do a 'disservice to the cause of the Church,' and open the Church and its historians to justified criticisms.]

"Teaching some things that are true, prematurely or at the wrong time, can invite sorrow and heartbreak instead of the joy intended to accompany learning.... The scriptures teach emphatically that we must give milk before meat. The Lord made it very clear that some things are to be taught selectively and some things are to be given only to those who are worthy."

[While Quinn noted that Elder Packer accused Mormon historians of ignoring 'fundamentals before presenting advanced information,' Quinn expressed the opinion that in reality Elder Packer 'is not advocating a gradual exposure to historical truth, but excludes that possibility.' He further asserted that Elder Packer's approach is not the same as Paul's recommendation of milk before meat, but rather a steady diet of milk.'A diet of milk alone,' Quinn observed,'will stunt the growth, if not kill, a child.]

"In an effort to be objective, impartial, and scholarly, a writer or a teacher may unwittingly be giving equal time to the adversary...."

"In the Church we are not neutral. We are one-sided. There is a war going on, and we are engaged in it. It is a war between good and evil, and we are belligerents defending the good. We are therefore obliged to give preference to and protect all that is represented in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we have made covenants to do it...."

"There is much in the scriptures and in our Church literature to convince us that we are at war with the adversary. We are not obliged as a church, nor are we as members obliged, to accommodate the enemy in this battle."

Marysville, CA

#27319 Jul 25, 2013
[Quinn also accused Packer of advocating a history of the Church that denies any information which might be used against the Church by anti-Mormons.'Using this standard,' Quinn stated,'much of the Old Testament, the Gospel of John, and many of Paul's epistles would not have been included in the Bible.']

"The final caution concerns the idea that so long as something is already in print, so long as it is available from another source, there is nothing out of order in using it in writing or speaking or teaching."

"Surely you can see the fallacy in that...."

"You do not well to see that it is disseminated. It may be read by those not mature enough for 'advanced history,' and a testimony in seedling stage may be crushed."

"...We are entrusting you to represent the Lord and the First Presidency to your students, not the views of the detractors of the Church."

[Mormon apostles Ezra Taft Benson and Boyd K. Packer are advocating a kind of religious history which borders on idolartry...]

[Noting Elder Packer's concern that an accurate history of the Church must consider the spiritual powers operating therein, Quinn asserted that Packer has created 'an enemy that doesn't exist,' for it is impossible for any good historian, Mormon or otherwise, to write about Mormonism without discussing the prophetic claims of its leaders....]

[...To ignore the limitations and errors of significant statements of the prophets, Quinn feels, would be as false as to ignore their visions, revelations and testimonies.]

[While sacred history shows God's leaders as 'understandable human beings with whom people can identify and still revere the prophetic mantle,' Elders Benson and Packer, Quinn asserted, expect a history which makes LDS leaders 'flawless and benignly angelic.' Such a history of 'demigod-like Church leaders,' Quinn stated,'borders on idolatry.']

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/disease

Why does the "only true church" have to depend on lies and deceptions to defend itself?

Marysville, CA

#27320 Jul 25, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly *ss word statements/quotes/sayings isn't going to save your cult for sure. Now what?
Merriam-Webster
cult noun, often attributive \&#712;k&#601;lt\
Definition of CULT
: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
Again the monkey plays silly ass words games to try to make his poo stink less. Knowing full well what I meant when referring to Mormonism as a "cult". Oh well, jackasses have to bray.

Pathetic.

Marysville, CA

#27321 Jul 25, 2013
Of course the Mormon church isn't trying to hide it's history. It will just excommunicate anyone who tells the truth about it:

The Case of the Mormon Historian
What happened when Michael Quinn challenged the history of the church he loved.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/faithbased...

Another another way you know you belong to the "only true church", it's kicks you out for telling the truth.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27322 Jul 25, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the monkey plays silly ass words games to try to make his poo stink less. Knowing full well what I meant when referring to Mormonism as a "cult". Oh well, jackasses have to bray.
Pathetic.
Are you gonna start feasting on masturbation talks again?

There is no telling what you will do when you start slinging mud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min taletha 16 239,983
News New FAA drone rules paving way for estimated 60... 3 min Stephany McDowell 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Buster Steinbeizer 222,787
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 13 min taletha 16 8,012
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min Blitzking 205,299
News Unfounded fears of shooting at LAX create panic... 18 min typical LA softies 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 30 min Brian_G 393,402
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,420,271
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 4 hr Mullahing It Over 88
More from around the web