Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26903 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?
Listening to haters like yourself get's tiring after a while. You show nothing but absolute hate. You hate everything Mormon that there is. But that isn't the real problem
If everything Mormon disappeared tomorrow you would wake with the same amount of hate for something else to make a victim of your seething hater rage.
There are more non-Mormon parents that kick their kids out of their homes in just the US for being homosexual and or transgender than can be counted.
Also, a quick search showed LDS churches donate $, food and other items to their perspective nearby shelters for homeless for decades. They donate to detox shelters etc. And they have done this for decades. But according to you the LDS do none of this. According to you the sickest of haters happening here the LDS don't donate to anyone for anything in Utah. According to you the sickest of the mentally ill haters all homeless youth in Utah are homosexuals and all come from Mormon house holds. According to your sick hater mentality all youth suicides in Utah are by Mormon youth who are homosexuals.
You're a really sick creepy Mormon hater. All you run with are absolutes concerning Mormons. You have no mental sensibilities or plausible logic of actual facts concerning Utah. According to your creepy sick demented Mormon hating illness Utah is only made of active Mormons hating all things homosexual.
You really need some help with that demented hate, seriously. Ever apologize to your daughters for putting their lives in double danger for moving to Utah as you stated was happening back in Texas? Hmm? Ever explain the demented logic you used to escape the Mormon missionaries you claimed were stalking you and your daughters and sexually olging them was to move to a state full of Mormon missionaries? Every try and help them see the logic in how you put their lives in twice as much danger as existed in Texas as you claimed existed there? Hmm? You're a sick freaking Mormon hater.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26904 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the man who justifies bigotry and homophobia completely. No, I don't want to uplift the ignorant in power. Poor baby, you've been so abused.
Say's the man that used homosexual slang for others in the most worst way he could think of to belittle others for months if not longer. And you don't and probably haven't uplifted anything but your own selfish purposes.
And you're a pathetic liar again as usual. Show me by quote where I have justified bigotry and homophobia liar. You'd rather maintain yourself as such a liar then to reference actual statements to prove what you say was said. You're a liar and you'll remain a liar because it's far easier for you to lie then to be truthful. Nice job as usual.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26905 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
It's ok with you that LD$ inc. only wants straight children to get a meal or a clean pair of socks? How is that ok?
A sexual deviant/mentally depraved mind will envision children in sexually diviant/mentally depraved thought and then express them as you and Dana have done, ask a shrink if you doubt me. A normal mind doesn't see children and envision them as sex slaves as you and Dana have done. Somemore of that mentally sick hater stuff you have going on there.
And as stated earlier from having did research on the web, you're sick demented Mormon hater attitude allows you to state a lie that only straight kids get help in Utah. You really have to have a trully sick, creepy, demented train of thinking to even imagine such a thought as being true, but you prove you are that and then some again,.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

#26906 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>It's your future nightmare. LOL!!!
IMHO, I don't believe the Federal Government can "force" a Church to marry gay individuals, or anyone for that matter. That's not to say they won't try, and there will be a long drawn out legal action as a result. However, our Constitution currently upholds a separation of Church and State. Gay individuals have the right to be married within the constraints of the law, and will now receive the same rights as a "traditional" couple. However, a Church can deny marrying someone, anyone, if they so choose. For example, if I were not LDS and wanted to be married in the SLC Temple, they would not allow me as I would have to be a member and hold a current Temple recommend to do so.

Now, you might say, "what if you are a gay member?" Well, if you were openly gay and had a gay partner wishing to be married and sealed in the Temple, that would not happen either because the Church would not give you a Temple recommend, and the Government cannot force the Church to do so. The Government has no bearing or say whether an individual is deemed worthy of receiving a Temple recommend. That's not to say gays have not married in the temple because they have. The difference is they were married to persons of the opposite sex.

Ozark, MO

#26907 Jul 7, 2013
The Government cannot, and will never, be able to "force" people to think and believe a certain way. Governments have tried throughout history and continue to try to this day with zero success. People may "act" like they believe and think a certain way when forced, but they don't. People are inherently free within their minds, and many will go to their death for what they believe and think. And that is why our founding fathers instituted a separation between Church and State. Because people will die for what they believe. Wars have been waged for it over and over again. This victory that is now being claimed will not change what religious people believe and think. If anything, it will further cement their mentality no matter how abhorrent it may be viewed.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26908 Jul 7, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, I don't believe the Federal Government can "force" a Church to marry gay individuals, or anyone for that matter. That's not to say they won't try, and there will be a long drawn out legal action as a result. However, our Constitution currently upholds a separation of Church and State. Gay individuals have the right to be married within the constraints of the law, and will now receive the same rights as a "traditional" couple. However, a Church can deny marrying someone, anyone, if they so choose. For example, if I were not LDS and wanted to be married in the SLC Temple, they would not allow me as I would have to be a member and hold a current Temple recommend to do so.
Now, you might say, "what if you are a gay member?" Well, if you were openly gay and had a gay partner wishing to be married and sealed in the Temple, that would not happen either because the Church would not give you a Temple recommend, and the Government cannot force the Church to do so. The Government has no bearing or say whether an individual is deemed worthy of receiving a Temple recommend. That's not to say gays have not married in the temple because they have. The difference is they were married to persons of the opposite sex.
The government only had to force the LDS church to change one time, over polygamy. When it came to blacks holding the priesthood, public pressure made the difference. It was effecting baptisms and growth. I see the same thing happening today. During the Prop 8 campaign, Members, combined with the LDS church raised over 20 million in support, over half the funds used, to get it passed. It has come back it bite them. That is why all of a sudden you see the LDS church changing it's tone in the last few years. I fully believe when the lost becomes big enough, you will hear of another "revelation" allowing homosexuals to be married and keep their memberships and their temple recommends. The leaders of the church where corporate leaders first and have learned to think of the bottom line as the most important indicator. Growth is paramount above all else.

Marysville, CA

#26909 Jul 7, 2013
The Government cannot, and will never, be able to "force" people to think and believe a certain way. Governments have tried throughout history and continue to try to this day with zero success. People may "act" like they believe and think a certain way when forced, but they don't. People are inherently free within their minds, and many will go to their death for what they believe and think. And that is why our founding fathers instituted a separation between Church and State. Because people will die for what they believe. Wars have been waged for it over and over again. This victory that is now being claimed will not change what religious people believe and think. If anything, it will further cement their mentality no matter how abhorrent it may be viewed.
True, but today's generation is rejecting that thinking and some day will be the ones in charge. The people stuck in the rut today will die out, and be replaced.

Marysville, CA

#26910 Jul 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
A sexual deviant/mentally depraved mind will envision children in sexually diviant/mentally depraved thought and then express them as you and Dana have done, ask a shrink if you doubt me. A normal mind doesn't see children and envision them as sex slaves as you and Dana have done. Somemore of that mentally sick hater stuff you have going on there.
And as stated earlier from having did research on the web, you're sick demented Mormon hater attitude allows you to state a lie that only straight kids get help in Utah. You really have to have a trully sick, creepy, demented train of thinking to even imagine such a thought as being true, but you prove you are that and then some again,.
Studying Islam as I do, I'm only telling how they think:

Two Child Brides Interviewed Who Are Seeking Divorce
&li st=PL626C6B9B42DE071C

Child Bride in Islam - Following the Lifestyle of Muhammad
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Islamic Treatment for Women: Child Marriage, girls are married to fix debt

Is children marriage allowed in Islam?

Video: Sharia Expert Defends Child Marriage

What's wrong No Surprise, need attention? You're still an idiot, why should I waste my time with you? You're becoming more and more like Carol with every post.

Ozark, MO

#26911 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>True, but today's generation is rejecting that thinking and some day will be the ones in charge. The people stuck in the rut today will die out, and be replaced.
Let me ask... do you feel it is a "rut" to think and believe for yourself? I don't believe that you are, or would be, the type of person who feels the Government should think for you, or force you to think a certain way. That has been tried since the beginning of time and has never worked. Look at any dictatorship, and communist country that has existed, or exists. It doesn't work. When a Government starts to force its people to do and think as they say, people will reject that Government, and fight back. What our current generation is not understanding is they are giving away their freedom to think and believe for themselves and allowing the Government to do that for them. Bit by bit. Instead of the Government existing and working for the people, the people exist and work for the benefit of the Government.

Ozark, MO

#26912 Jul 7, 2013
We just celebrated our Country's Independence from tyranny. Our independence and right to Govern and think for ourselves. That is what this current generation is forgetting, or does not know. It's not a holiday about setting off fireworks made in China. It's about our celebrating our freedom, our inherent "right" to be free.

Location hidden

#26913 Jul 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>A sexual deviant/mentally depraved mind will envision children in sexually diviant/mentally depraved thought and then express them as you and Dana have done, ask a shrink if you doubt me. A normal mind doesn't see children and envision them as sex slaves as you and Dana have done. Somemore of that mentally sick hater stuff you have going on there.
About the only thing you "proved...is that you are very disturbed.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26914 Jul 7, 2013
We just celebrated our Country's Independence from tyranny. Our independence and right to Govern and think for ourselves. That is what this current generation is forgetting, or does not know. It's not a holiday about setting off fireworks made in China. It's about our celebrating our freedom, our inherent "right" to be free.
Ditto...

Location hidden

#26915 Jul 7, 2013
And those freedoms are for everyone..how free would you feel if you were fired or evicted because of who you loved?

Ozark, MO

#26916 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>And those freedoms are for everyone..how free would you feel if you were fired or evicted because of who you loved?
Yes, those freedoms are for everyone. That includes freedom from religious persecution allowing me, you, and others to worship, believe, and think as we wish.

Location hidden

#26917 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>Yes, those freedoms are for everyone. That includes freedom from religious persecution allowing me, you, and others to worship, believe, and think as we wish.
And thankfully those rights are intact, while gay people are legally discriminated against.

Marysville, CA

#26918 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Let me ask... do you feel it is a "rut" to think and believe for yourself?
Being born and raised in a podunk TN city, I was limited to what real world life was like, and still thought I had the answers. Moving to Seattle was one of the best things to ever happen to me. I was exposed to the bigger world and it's people. I say this to show that people can be in a rut by the area you live in, and the exposure you get. You have even admitted this at times when talking about Mormons born and raised in Utah.
I don't believe that you are, or would be, the type of person who feels the Government should think for you, or force you to think a certain way. That has been tried since the beginning of time and has never worked. Look at any dictatorship, and communist country that has existed, or exists. It doesn't work. When a Government starts to force its people to do and think as they say, people will reject that Government, and fight back. What our current generation is not understanding is they are giving away their freedom to think and believe for themselves and allowing the Government to do that for them. Bit by bit. Instead of the Government existing and working for the people, the people exist and work for the benefit of the Government.
You're right, I don't believe in government telling us how to think, though today a real racist who is an employer will pay the price for discriminating against people of color if it can be proven in court. But the Mormon church will be changed by public pressure from within, and without. You're seeing more and more LDS members bucking against the current LDS teachings on homosexuals. Your seeing the leadership of the LDS church bending more and more backwards to try to appease them and the public after the outrage they got over Prop 8. For the first time homosexuals don't have to be afraid of just being homosexual and LDS like they did in the past, when they would just excommunicate you in the past for just being gay and admitting it. But it won't be enough for those who support gay rights. Forced celibacy doesn't work in a system that teaches that to get God's greatest blessing depends in part on a monogamous temple marriage.

Marysville, CA

#26919 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, those freedoms are for everyone. That includes freedom from religious persecution allowing me, you, and others to worship, believe, and think as we wish.
But that right is limited when it comes to imposing those rights on someone else.

Marysville, CA

#26920 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It is religious persecution to deny someone the right to marry who they please. That was one of the biggest fights the Mormons church fought in the 1800's, and lost. Ask a polygamous today if they think the law protects them.

Marysville, CA

#26921 Jul 7, 2013
And I'm not even talking about the sicko's who marry 12 yr old girls like the FLDS. I'm talking about the ones who marry women of age.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26922 Jul 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
I fully believe when the lost becomes big enough, you will hear of another "revelation" allowing homosexuals to be married and keep their memberships and their temple recommends. The leaders of the church where corporate leaders first and have learned to think of the bottom line as the most important indicator. Growth is paramount above all else.
Blacks (dark skinned people so referred to because of race mixing then) not holding the priesthood in the church could only go one way, to be allowed to hold the priesthood. Like it or hate it, according to the logic of the church doctrine, the time of the curse of those of the lineage of Cain and the grandson of Ham had came to an end of existing of being held back from having the priesthoods.
As to wishing for same sex marriages in this church, never to happen. This church is based on two explicit doctrines: One being modern revelation and the other being the family extending from a male and female in marriage. The central reason for a celestial marriage taught from Smith forward was for a man and woman(s) to marry and obey all the laws and doctrines with faith in Jesus so they could become gods of their own world in the hereafter.
If a same sex couple could biologically have kids as an opposite sex couple, then I am sure they would have been included. But they can't have kids. A same sex couple can't go off somewhere and begin to biologically multiply and have offspring. Never happened and never will happen.
Marriage/unions between a man and woman was instituted by God (according to Genesis which you think is a lie) so that spirits waiting to have a life here on this earth would have a body to occupy. A same sex couple will never ever help a spirit to have a body in this life without the help of the opposite sex.
Wish as you may. It'll never happen dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukraine rebels watch Scotland vote with envy 3 min Ivan 9
Scabies Patient Released? 20 min SRE 6
An era closes for Schullers and their congregants (Jun '12) 24 min R Schuller 3
We Don't Need No Stinking Strategy 38 min Thinking 72
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 38 min redeemer 2,753
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min the dark lord 1,110,490
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,588
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 hr yehoshooah adam 4,177
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Sharrp Shooter 262,486
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 hr Dogen 116,639
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••