Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26841 Jun 30, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>She is like a lot of religious people who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down.
She uses religion to suppress instead of celebrate. What's sad is her leaders support that hate.

Location hidden

#26842 Jun 30, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you trying to tear me down then?
Because you are using religion as an excuse to be a whacked out bigot. Wake up and stop hating and please let all your multis know..god loves all his children. But you bigots are on thin ice..

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26843 Jul 1, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult created prop 8. So whatever, yadayada ...you are reaping the rewards. Enjoy what you created, bigot.
No...

1) I am not in a "Cult"
2) The LDS Church did not create Prop 8 (the Church supported the prop)
3) I'm not suffering either way (so I'm not "reaping" anything that you claim).
4) You don't even know me, so how can you call me a bigot?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26844 Jul 1, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are using religion as an excuse to be a whacked out bigot. Wake up and stop hating and please let all your multis know..god loves all his children. But you bigots are on thin ice..
you are using YOUR DESIRES as an excuse to be a whacked out bigot. Wake up and stop hating and please let all your multis know..god loves all his children. But you bigots are on thin ice..

THAT IS AMAZING YOU ARE WRITING TO YOURSELF.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26845 Jul 1, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
She uses religion to suppress instead of celebrate. What's sad is her leaders support that hate.
I celebrate the Bible and the Commandments. I'm growing everyday. That's the difference between you and me.

I put my desires into doing my duty even though it might not be what I want, or I might not understand it.

You sit here and say everyone hates you because your gay... when the truth is you hate anyone who is religious and puts God before YOU.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26846 Jul 1, 2013
NoMo...

You and Dana are the ones here hating... you 2 are the ones here calling names.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26847 Jul 1, 2013
I think the problem is YOU are celebrating the fact that YOU think you are not going to be held accountable.

And, you can get away with whatever you get away with now... but on judgement day you won't be getting away with it.

You will be held accountable.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26848 Jul 1, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
I think the problem is YOU are celebrating the fact that YOU think you are not going to be held accountable.
And, you can get away with whatever you get away with now... but on judgement day you won't be getting away with it.
You will be held accountable.
I'm soooooooo scared. LOL!!!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26849 Jul 1, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to tear me down then?
You are so persecuted. Don't cry.

Location hidden

#26850 Jul 1, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>No...

1) I am not in a "Cult"
2) The LDS Church did not create Prop 8 (the Church supported the prop)
3) I'm not suffering either way (so I'm not "reaping" anything that you claim).
4) You don't even know me, so how can you call me a bigot?
Umm no, the LD$ created it..they schemed about it in Hawaii years before. They did this to themselves.
https://mobile.twitter.com/billmaher/status/3...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26851 Jul 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She is like a lot of religious people who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down.
Are you fricking joking??????????lolol....... "..our relationship..." as in your and nomo's relationship with God? The relationship you state causes you and nomo to uplift others???? You mean you and nomo, the two that belittle, put down, spew hate and filth from the dark parts of your "uplifted" spirits for others??? Too fricking funny dude!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

United States

#26852 Jul 1, 2013
omg

Location hidden

#26853 Jul 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Are you fricking joking??????????lolol....... "..our relationship..." as in your and nomo's relationship with God? The relationship you state causes you and nomo to uplift others???? You mean you and nomo, the two that belittle, put down, spew hate and filth from the dark parts of your "uplifted" spirits for others??? Too fricking funny dude!!!!!!!!!!
...what's that you say?? It's not fun when the tables are turned?...funny how that works, when the victims decide to stand up to the bullies and the bullies cry victim. In 5 years you are going to be terribly undone. You won't have an excuse to be in the closet anymore. Whatever will you do???

Location hidden

#26854 Jul 2, 2013
You know what's even cooler than forcing you bigots to stop telling gay people they aren't equal to you?

...that moment, when it finally truly dawns on YOU and you feel horrible..especially about the suicides, the way you shunned the gay ones in your community, or worse turned them into your bishop because they "seemed" gay somehow to you, the absolutely despicable things you said to your gay child/sibling/extended family member/kid in your ward..this list is endless but you get the idea..

And you start to change.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26855 Jul 2, 2013
what the heck is the big deal...

it is not against common law to be gay. If you want to be gay it's your choice... and you can enjoy it now all you want. Though, it will not last forever.

Homosexuality is and always has been against Heavenly Fathers law (Commands) to be gay. Your enjoyment will devour you on judgement day.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26856 Jul 2, 2013
Free choice chica...

You delight in self desires that are against Heavenly Fathers commands... you will reap the consequences in eternity.

Get it.

Location hidden

#26858 Jul 2, 2013

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26860 Jul 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...what's that you say??
What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26861 Jul 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...what's that you say?? It's not fun when the tables are turned?...funny how that works, when the victims decide to stand up to the bullies and the bullies cry victim. In 5 years you are going to be terribly undone. You won't have an excuse to be in the closet anymore. Whatever will you do???
Umm, out of curiosity what tables are turned? No tables have been turned. Are you mental? Homosexuals have been standing up to find their place in society for thousands of years and have never been given that place but for a short time. And when that society collapsed on itself, so did the laws and rights for homosexuals disappear with that society.
Homosexuality has existed when it's been tolerated by the conservative right joining the liberal left in whatever society it's existed in.
And you're wishing evil for this church is a wasted effort. They have never accepted a variety of what they believe are "sins", since Smith founded this church and they aren't changing because you think they will.
Sex outside of marriage between a male and female is wrong and is a sin to them be you male and female or male and male or female and female or human and animal it doesn't matter. Sex outside of a marriage between a male and female is wrong and is a sin to them. They will never change on that doctrine and you better realize that fact.
This church isn't like other Christian religions that change it's doctrines according to public perception of what a sin is and what a sin isn't at present. Most other Christian churches accept it's members that are committing adultery, living in shack up relationships, having casual sex, are drunks and weed heads and whatever else because they believe God is fine and well with all those things now.
Modern Christianity is a farce and a joke. It means nothing to itself and it has less meaning to the populace as a whole because it has no respect for itself as a religion.

Location hidden

#26862 Jul 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.
Yeah, getting a taste of your own medicine sucks, doesn't it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min mdbuilder 49,199
After CIA torture report: rebuilding a culture ... 4 min dollarsbill 93
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min KiMare 2,862
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Coffee Party 292,885
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 6 min woodtick57 279
Obama Says Sony - Made a Mistake' Pulling Film 7 min Our National Nigh... 9
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min ObamaLogic 1,154,005
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Aura Mytha 132,588
Obama calls on women only at news conference 1 hr Bryan Fischer s H... 4
NY judge may toss 4 guilty pleas in inside-trad... 1 hr Rossadena 2
2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel 2 hr Your Ex 4
More from around the web