Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25451 May 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You said Adam and Eve were black as Osirica said it. He believed they were black Africans, tight curly hair, flat noses and thick lips and mostly nude or nude as many Africans were before Christian missionaries came in and told them they were naked and that was wrong.
So explain to me(because Osirica can't)how humanity went from two black Africans to every existing colour and facial shape in just 6000 Bible years....
I don't have to. I have already declared that I believe the Adam and Eve story is a myth. Science backs me up on that one because man has been on this planet a lot longer than 6,000 yrs. And we started in Africa.
And I didn't see Osirica having any problem explaining his beliefs in any way, shape or form. If he believes the Genesis story to be literal, let him explain it to you.

Marysville, CA

#25452 May 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Read, watch and or read...want me to paste her statement for why she stayed so long and why it didn't have anything to do with her church teachings?
http://fox13now.com/2013/05/06/video-elizabet ....... Elizabeth Smart makes it clear that main reason she did not run was she feared for her families safety.
Can't watch the video right now because the family is asleep, but from the article about the link I got this statement:

“One of the questions that is most commonly asked of me,‘Well why didn’t you run away, why didn’t you yell, why didn’t you scream?’”

During her speech, Smart said “I was raised in a very religious household one that taught that sex was something special that only happened between a husband and a wife who loved each other, and that’s the way I had been raised and that’s what I had been determined to follow that when I got married then and only then would I engage in sex and so for that first rape I felt crushed, I felt so dirty and so filthy I understand so easily why someone wouldn’t run because of that alone.”

No mention about "family safety". What is your definition of "clear?"

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#25453 May 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you don't have daughters.
A woman's worth is not tied to her virginity...but I'm sure that concept is beyond your grasp. Your cult teaches young girls that losing their virginity makes them trash. And devout elizabeth smart ate all the lies with a spoon. And you want this for the women in your life
You don't know guys...lol...so that was a really ignorant statement that a woman's worth isn't tied to her virginity.
For most hounds, the girl that won't give in will always have more worth than the girl that gives it up. Because she's "the one that got away" and wasn't a notch on his belt.
A female that gives it up has lost her worth to most guys except that they know she's worth a good lay when they need one.
You have no fricking clue how disrespectful hounddog chasers are of females. The worth of a female is between her legs to them and once she lets them in the worth is gone and they usually move on.
You have not a clue how hounddogs think.

Marysville, CA

#25454 May 9, 2013
I'll watch the whole video in the morning.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25455 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to. I have already declared that I believe the Adam and Eve story is a myth. Science backs me up on that one because man has been on this planet a lot longer than 6,000 yrs. And we started in Africa.
And I didn't see Osirica having any problem explaining his beliefs in any way, shape or form. If he believes the Genesis story to be literal, let him explain it to you.
No no no...lol. You said if Adam and Eve were real they would be black. So defend your theory or be a liar as before.
And osirica is having problems. He believes in the Bible unlike yourself. Unfortunately like most, he's never actually read it to understand what he's believing in.
The Bible has a six thousand year time period. So as a Bible believer, that's the time period he has to deal with, not evolutions time table.

Marysville, CA

#25457 May 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no...lol. You said if Adam and Eve were real they would be black. So defend your theory or be a liar as before.
And osirica is having problems. He believes in the Bible unlike yourself. Unfortunately like most, he's never actually read it to understand what he's believing in.
The Bible has a six thousand year time period. So as a Bible believer, that's the time period he has to deal with, not evolutions time table.
I guess you're having a problem understanding the concept of "if they were".

Go study that, and get back to us.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25458 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't watch the video right now because the family is asleep, but from the article about the link I got this statement:
“One of the questions that is most commonly asked of me,‘Well why didn’t you run away, why didn’t you yell, why didn’t you scream?’”
During her speech, Smart said “I was raised in a very religious household one that taught that sex was something special that only happened between a husband and a wife who loved each other, and that’s the way I had been raised and that’s what I had been determined to follow that when I got married then and only then would I engage in sex and so for that first rape I felt crushed, I felt so dirty and so filthy I understand so easily why someone wouldn’t run because of that alone.”
No mention about "family safety". What is your definition of "clear?"
You're taking out of context things she's said to make a screwy point.
By your logic of what she said, it mattered not that she'd been kidnapped. It mattered not that she had been taken from her family. It mattered not that she may never see her family again and that she might even be killed.
According to your screwy interpretation none of that mattered to her. She was there being raped over and over and over and her church teachings were telling her to remain a willing rpae victim and not to escape and to accept her raping perp as her wedded husband. Can your logic get any more bent?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25459 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
I'll watch the whole video in the morning.
You present a more peaceful countenance of lately, nice change :)

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25460 May 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Read, watch and or read...want me to paste her statement for why she stayed so long and why it didn't have anything to do with her church teachings?
http://fox13now.com/2013/05/06/video-elizabet ....... Elizabeth Smart makes it clear that main reason she did not run was she feared for her families safety.
Dana is ridiculously stupid for saying anything other.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25461 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he has stated:

-> you, Dana Robertson said, you would "Crucify Jesus Christ himself"

-> you, Dana Robertson said, you would "kill his prophets"

-> you, Dana Robertson called God the Father a "bastard", a "pig", "retarded"...

-> you, Dana Robertson have declare that you do not believe in the Bible, that Genesis is a Myth.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25462 May 9, 2013
to top it off...

-> you, Dana Robertson said, God the Father gave you authority to kill prophets...

Though the 10 Commandments say:

1) I am the Lord thy God,... Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.

3) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

4) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

5) Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long.

********** 6) Thou shalt not kill.

7) Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8) Thou shalt not steal.

9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house.

********** BUT, apparently you have special permission to kill.

Marysville, CA

#25463 May 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
to top it off...
-> you, Dana Robertson said, God the Father gave you authority to kill prophets...
Though the 10 Commandments say:
1) I am the Lord thy God,... Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
3) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
4) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5) Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long.
********** 6) Thou shalt not kill.
7) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8) Thou shalt not steal.
9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house.
********** BUT, apparently you have special permission to kill.
Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say,'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you.(Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.' You may wonder,'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?' If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared.(Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Marysville, CA

#25464 May 9, 2013
I shared my own favorite object lesson. Nearly 40 years earlier a bishop’s counselor passed a clean, new piece of candy around a group of deacons. Then he offered the handled and somewhat sticky piece of candy to anyone who wanted to eat it. No one did. This wise teacher challenged us to remember the lesson when we were old enough to begin dating. We needed to keep ourselves morally clean and to respect our dates. It was a lesson on chastity I never forgot.

http://www.lds.org/liahona/1999/03/object-les...

Marysville, CA

#25465 May 9, 2013
"Readers of a certain age may recall participating, whether as a youth leader or as a young person, in a rite of passage in Latter-day Saint culture known as "standards night." At this event, a typical scenario that was played out was to offer a piece of cake, or perhaps a stick of gum, to a member of the audience. Usually one of the young people would readily agree; but before giving it over to the waiting youth, the leader would mash and squeeze the piece of cake through her unwashed hands or chew the piece of gum vigorously. It was, of course, still a piece of cake or gum. Nevertheless, the young person, disgusted by the treatment of this supposed "treat," recoils in horror and wants nothing further to do with it. This was meant as an object lesson on the need to maintain one's virtue and remain morally clean. But it also illustrates well the point for which I wish to adapt it: that the way something is handled and presented matters greatly as to how readily it will be received and appreciated."

http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/...

Location hidden

#25467 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
"Readers of a certain age may recall participating, whether as a youth leader or as a young person, in a rite of passage in Latter-day Saint culture known as "standards night." At this event, a typical scenario that was played out was to offer a piece of cake, or perhaps a stick of gum, to a member of the audience. Usually one of the young people would readily agree; but before giving it over to the waiting youth, the leader would mash and squeeze the piece of cake through her unwashed hands or chew the piece of gum vigorously. It was, of course, still a piece of cake or gum. Nevertheless, the young person, disgusted by the treatment of this supposed "treat," recoils in horror and wants nothing further to do with it. This was meant as an object lesson on the need to maintain one's virtue and remain morally clean. But it also illustrates well the point for which I wish to adapt it: that the way something is handled and presented matters greatly as to how readily it will be received and appreciated."
http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/...
The popped balloon(with a needle), the cockroach, the princess cakes....all being taught to this day, with lesson plans all over the Internet. Racist, sexist, homophobic scam hiding behind a religion for the tax exemption.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#25468 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're having a problem understanding the concept of "if they were".
Go study that, and get back to us.
Nope, you're having issues remembering what you said.
I stated... "No no no...lol. You said if Adam and Eve were real they would be black. So defend your theory or be a liar as before."
So defend your theory that IF Adam and Eve were real, it's your opinion they would be black. Waiting...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25469 May 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say,'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you.(Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)
But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.' You may wonder,'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?' If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared.(Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)
That is exactly what they accused Jesus Christ of and crucified him for being a false prophet.

You have stated you would even kill him for his teachings that you disagree with.

Marysville, CA

#25470 May 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're having issues remembering what you said.
I stated... "No no no...lol. You said if Adam and Eve were real they would be black. So defend your theory or be a liar as before."
So defend your theory that IF Adam and Eve were real, it's your opinion they would be black. Waiting...
Don't hold your breath.

Marysville, CA

#25471 May 10, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what they accused Jesus Christ of and crucified him for being a false prophet.
You have stated you would even kill him for his teachings that you disagree with.
No, they crucified him for saying he was the Messiah. You should read a Bible sometime. At 66 you should have grown up by now.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25472 May 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they crucified him for saying he was the Messiah. You should read a Bible sometime. At 66 you should have grown up by now.
1) I'm not 66. I don't know why you don't quit guessing.

2) The Savior of the world is the greatest Prophet (teacher) of the world. Yes, you should read the Bible sometime; I agree:

---
MARK 6:4
4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

---
LUKE 24:19
19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

---
MATTHEW 21:11
11 And the amultitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

---
JOHN 4:19
19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,417,243
News News 9 Mins Ago White House says feds doing the... 3 min Synque 24
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 5 min swampmudd 1,451
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min Eagle 12 21,111
News West Virginia city swamped by overdoses, as nat... 7 min southern at heart 2
News Obama tours flood-damaged Baton Rouge neighborh... 8 min Xstain Fumblement... 10
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 11 min Chilli J 7,374
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 25 min Sharrp Shooter 393,377
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 57 min Frankendrumpf 239,642
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 hr Divorce Lawyer 237
More from around the web