Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25131 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
My "radical" theories?
My "radical" theory that you are arguing against is that black people were no different than white people or any other people.
My "radical" theory is that blacks were not some pre-existent satanic sympathizers that ended up turned black by a mark on Cain.
My "radical" theory is that Genesis 4 was not burned away from EVERY torah scroll on earth by Rome, even so far as to be done so backwards in time.
Please tell us the radical part.
<quoted text>
How many Torah Scrolls do you think they had when Christ died with Genesis on them?

How many people sat down and made duplicate scrolls of the Bible? There was no printing press.

*Cain had a mark put upon him... it was a curse... that is what I said.

*The people of Babel had a curse put upon them for their language to be divided.

Get over the racism... poor me sob story. Move on and do something productive with your life.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25132 May 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do you one better. Even the Joseph Smith "translation" doesn't say it.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/jst...
Her version of that verse exist only in the translation of her mind.
I have never made my point anything other than Biblical. Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church has nothing to do with my words.

I stated the obvious. God set a mark on Cain... to distinguish him from the rest. Then we had different color people. The only thing Biblical that could mean was Genesis 4.

//
YOUR heart is filled with darkness,
a longing to destroy,
a destructive blackness,
and the sad part is... you enjoy it.

You are HATRED.

You said you would KILL Jesus Christ yourself for his teachings.

You pervert and molest the Bible... taking away from it as you please... you are no different than the RC.

YOU are a LIAR and a manipulator! You specialize in deception.

Your arguments have NOTHING to do with SERIOUS DISCUSSION... rather, a DEEP SEATED LUST of CONTEMPT for the Lord.

You go through the scriptures picking and choosing which part you will toy with; you don't look at the scriptures as a whole as they are meant to be looked and searched.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25133 May 5, 2013
NONE OF THE TRANSLATIONS HAVE A SINGLE BIT OF WHAT YOU SAID.

NONE OF THEM!!!!!

At LEAST show some evidence on YOUR part.

This is the Muslim argument you make below. This is ISLAM 101:

"There are so many translations, which one is the right one"

Here is my reply

You, Islam, and JWs... there are so many of YOU out there, which one of YOU is the right one? Each one says to pray to God about it. God isn't saying that ALL of you are right, and none of you have evidence.

So which one of YOU is the right one?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is still not what I said.
I said there is no way to guarantee that they did not add or delete parts to the Bible.
There are many translations: which one is the most correct?

Location hidden

#25135 May 5, 2013
And you are completely disproven wrong.

Firstly, the passage does not say "a mark". that's the ENGLISH translation. Secondly and most importantly, there are far more ways to distinguish one, and a "mark" does not mean "changed the entire body from one color to another". It also does not speak any way of passing any of these curses down to his descendents.

The curse was on the GROUND, that he could not till crops. So there is no point to "mark" him, and THAT passes to the descendents, but the CURSE ITSELF doesn't.

Black people (incl. Egyptians) have been known, and enslaved FOR cultivating crops, that which Cain could no longer do.

EVERYTHING about your accusation is wrong. And all you do is make "exceptions" for this, and "assumptions" for that.

YOU are the racist, because despite all of the holes in your argument, you try to plug them in...

Proof? All of the dispute YOU MAKE is centered around ONE THING...

trying to make it look like the black race came from Cain.

That is YOUR RACISM. I am only defending my people from YOU
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never made my point anything other than Biblical. Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church has nothing to do with my words.
I stated the obvious. God set a mark on Cain... to distinguish him from the rest. Then we had different color people. The only thing Biblical that could mean was Genesis 4.

Location hidden

#25136 May 5, 2013
I've already proven it.

I've proven it by showing that Jews have, with their well renouned historical heritage, never had that.

I've proven by showing the obvious flaws: No Jew would agree to rewrite their Bible based on this.

I've proven by showing that Rome was not a worldwide power that could go everywhere and accomplish this task.

I've proven it by showing how pointless it is, as it would be an expensive undertaking and would clearly serve no purpose in furthering the Roman empire's evil ends.

I've proven it by showing that the translation itself and the misinterpretation of it is WHERE the argument started... not some revelation from Joseph Smith.

I've proven it by showing that the artifacts, even predating ROME have the same passages.

I've proven it by showing the motivation for the accusation (white supremacy), consistently.

I've proven it by showing physically how skin color came about. And you guys cry racism on that, which is laughably hypocritical.

YOU cannot prove even the slightest that they DID add or delete this part of the Bible.

You ONLY assume and accuse based on some HOPE... that Joseph Smith is never wrong. And a hope that blacks never were that important in history. You are a racist white supremacist. And you prove my point about Mormonism. It's a racist religion that tries to hide the racism behind an Islamic tactic of "religious authority".

Truly damaging speech cannot be excused as acceptable, or truthful even in it's intent, just because it expresses genuine religious belief. It must be challenged, especially when it's said to be based on historical events and activities, not miracles.

Your point of view is as valuable as hitler, as valuable as flat earth theory, as valuable as satan, as valuable as four elements.

Your point of view has no value and as God says:

Jeremiah 23:32 I am against those who prophesy false dreams," declares the LORD. "They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least," declares the LORD.

Your Joseph Smith dreamed up LIES do not benefit anything and GOD did not send or appoint him. He perpetuated a lie that you espouse now, and that lie was reckless and led many Christians astray.

You and Smith are liars. You are lying on this point, and you lie in your defense of your position.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is still not what I said.
I said there is no way to guarantee that they did not add or delete parts to the Bible.
There are many translations: which one is the most correct?

Location hidden

#25137 May 5, 2013
You guys want your cake and eat it.

You want the benefit of still stomping on black people...

and

You want the benefit of not being accountable for it. By placing the blame on the Bible and God and Moses.

you're cowardly liars.

God nor Moses wrote that, so this isn't an issue of "if" God did, or knowing if anything was changed. It is abundantly proven clear that this particular passage was not handled in this way. And you have not one scrap of anything. You have an ignorant con artist in 1830 that got the idea, like Muhammad, to try to play the issue out for personal gain.

Location hidden

#25138 May 5, 2013
You're tryin to teach a MUSLIM inspired lie that blacks came from a curse on Cain, by trying to insist that the Bible was altered, based on a position by a man claiming, like Muhammad, to be a prophet of a restored gospel...

yet you are saying that DANA perverted the gospel.

Fuck yooooooooouuuuuuuu.......
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already proven everything I need to about you.
You're a liar.
You're Satan's harlot.
You molester and pervert the Gospel.
That's all I need to know.

Location hidden

#25139 May 5, 2013
I'm right

http://www.ancientscripts.com/maya.html

Proof

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/science/arc...

and more proof

http://www.famsi.org/mayawriting/codices/inde...

You're done you white supremacist liar
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
haha.... your wrong again.
Man it's like your at the shooting ranging just going whacko.

Location hidden

#25140 May 5, 2013
You have no way of guaranteeing that Rome forged, added to, and left out in EVERY SINGLE TORAH SCROLL.

You have no way of even bringing a reasonable hypothesis

All you say is "Rome did it". It's as if you think Rome is some kind of omnipotent god. You don't consider the actual physics behind it all.

Well you do, but you hate black people so much, you ignore it.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church of Rome did this to the entire BIBLE... not just to Genesis for your benefit.
DON'T be ignorant.
Genesis is part of the Bible. The translations we have are all we have... and we have no way of guaranteeing what things were left out, added to, forged.
We have to interpret the translations of the Bible and research the documents that are being found to obtain fullness.
Religion is not about YOUR people... it's about GOD's people.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25141 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
NONE OF THE TRANSLATIONS HAVE A SINGLE BIT OF WHAT YOU SAID.
NONE OF THEM!!!!!
At LEAST show some evidence on YOUR part.
This is the Muslim argument you make below. This is ISLAM 101:
"There are so many translations, which one is the right one"
Here is my reply
You, Islam, and JWs... there are so many of YOU out there, which one of YOU is the right one? Each one says to pray to God about it. God isn't saying that ALL of you are right, and none of you have evidence.
So which one of YOU is the right one?
<quoted text>
English Bible History

http://greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-h...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25142 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
I've been arguing this for a year with Dana... he denies this.

You are trying to make history Racist?

The EGYPTIANS (BLACKS) were the first to ENSLAVE people (HEBREWS).

What goes around comes around.

You have not made one point. Other than you are tried to twist my words. Read the history. I provided it to you. Read the book of martyrs... read the secret society.

Links were already given.

I make no Muslim argument. You are lying. I provide you with the History of what has happened. You turn it into ME being a white supremacist. That is hysterical... I love it.

You don't even know me. You say I argue like Muslims, Baptists, JW, now I'm a white supremacist.

What's next out of your lying racial bigot mouth?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25143 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
You're tryin to teach a MUSLIM inspired lie that blacks came from a curse on Cain, by trying to insist that the Bible was altered, based on a position by a man claiming, like Muhammad, to be a prophet of a restored gospel...
yet you are saying that DANA perverted the gospel.
Fuck yooooooooouuuuuuuu.......
<quoted text>
Dana says that Genesis is a myth... he redacts the entire thing.

Yes, that is molesting and perverting the gospel.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25144 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
And you are completely disproven wrong.
Firstly, the passage does not say "a mark". that's the ENGLISH translation. Secondly and most importantly, there are far more ways to distinguish one, and a "mark" does not mean "changed the entire body from one color to another". It also does not speak any way of passing any of these curses down to his descendents.
The curse was on the GROUND, that he could not till crops. So there is no point to "mark" him, and THAT passes to the descendents, but the CURSE ITSELF doesn't.
Black people (incl. Egyptians) have been known, and enslaved FOR cultivating crops, that which Cain could no longer do.
EVERYTHING about your accusation is wrong. And all you do is make "exceptions" for this, and "assumptions" for that.
YOU are the racist, because despite all of the holes in your argument, you try to plug them in...
Proof? All of the dispute YOU MAKE is centered around ONE THING...
trying to make it look like the black race came from Cain.
That is YOUR RACISM. I am only defending my people from YOU
<quoted text>
Yes he cursed the ground...

then he put a mark upon him to distinguish him for others to identify him so they would not kill him out of fear.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25145 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
You have no way of guaranteeing that Rome forged, added to, and left out in EVERY SINGLE TORAH SCROLL.
You have no way of even bringing a reasonable hypothesis
All you say is "Rome did it". It's as if you think Rome is some kind of omnipotent god. You don't consider the actual physics behind it all.
Well you do, but you hate black people so much, you ignore it.
<quoted text>
Look... read about the reformers.

Read about Martin Luther, John Hus, William Tyndale. That is just a few.

You won't do it because you would rather come in here and accuse others of being racists... when I know I have said not one word racist.

But, you won't even read about the history of how the Church of Rome killed the apostles after they killed Jesus Christ.

Your argument is not about truth... it's about lying about others being RACIST... because you are a RACE BIGOT.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25146 May 5, 2013
Take your argument up with Heavenly Father...

____I did not make people BLACK.

And, I didn't make the BLACKS (Egyptians) the first people to enslave people (the HEBREWS).

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#25147 May 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
What was your point?
Well considering that you reposted a comment I made months ago, I really don't remember what my original point was. Unlike some, Some meaning you, once I have made my point, I then move on to the new topic.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#25148 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
No the story does not go into the premortal life.
That is Mormon fiction.
And even if that was true, there is still no relationship to black people and the mark of cain.
Ok so just stop there, you're silly additions into the simple truth aren't going to work.
this whole hateful thing about black people being earthly incarnations of satan sympathizers...
quite racist theology....and based on what?
Nothing other than Joseph Smith hack preaching on paper. Nothing else.
<quoted text>
Here, you want another skin cursing theory from the Bible? Try this on for understanding...lol

This was Elisha, the prophet of God, cursing Gehazi and all his descendants as lepers and with parts or some or most or all of their skin being white as snow, a colour going beyond Caucasian.
So tell me again that God or through his prophets God won't change a persons skin colour if he wants to do it.

2 Kings 5:
25 But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.

26 And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?

27 The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

“I will not keep calm”

#25149 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
You guys want your cake and eat it.
Isn't that the purpose of a cake? I mean, do you make a cake and stare at it, just thinking about how amazing it would taste?

“I will not keep calm”

#25150 May 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven that... you LIE so often I am compelled to believe they excommunicated you for being an Apostate Mormon.
Prove different.
Well you lie and are not an apostate Mormon, which mostly just saddens me.

Branson, MO

#25151 May 5, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that the purpose of a cake? I mean, do you make a cake and stare at it, just thinking about how amazing it would taste?
Hahahahahaha!!! Nice...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US illegal immigrant population fell by nearly ... 2 min spytheweb 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Zonker 1,709,518
News Dem Sen Nelson: 'Let's Get These Assault Weapon... 3 min Tea Bag Residue C... 267
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min June VanDerMark 330,846
News Teen missing from Kentucky since 2017, suspect ... 7 min spytheweb 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 17 min positronium 38,408
News Trump - not aware' of invite to Prince Harry an... 26 min Dr Wu 63
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min Deep Grope 60,435
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 1,770
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 1 hr Bama Yankee 395
More from around the web