Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25111 May 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go lying again. I demanded my name be removed, Carol.
You haven't proven that... you LIE so often I am compelled to believe they excommunicated you for being an Apostate Mormon.

Prove different.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25112 May 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Not learning scriptures,

Not learning history,

Not learning, not trying is straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel.

____ I think that is a very good description of many. That is why I study and find hidden truths so that I can make intellectual decisions.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25113 May 5, 2013
Biblical and historical facts:

Genesis 4, as it stands, in every Torah and Christian Bible, is how it was written from Moses.

Genesis 4, never had anything about a skin of blackness or a curse on black people. No where in the Bible were black people said to be black because of a mark or a curse.

Black people did not come from biblical sympathizers in a past life.

So, you cannot say you are searching for truth, when all of these truths I've shown you, regarding the ramifications of your assumptions and accusations... from the catholic church, to the roman empire, to Synagogues throughout the world.

There is NO WAY you're being truthful when you continue to search for any EXCUSE to call black people a people based on a pre-existent punishment.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I reflected nothing I spoke to you about this morning from Mormonism... only Biblical Historical FACTS.
You are right... I search for truths... and if I uncover more through MORE research than I've done a good thing.

Location hidden

#25114 May 5, 2013
And again, Rome did not have access to every Jewish Synagogue, and they did not hide their scrolls in such a way that they erased them, then rewrote them to exclude this part of Genesis.

The dark ages for Europe ended a long time ago. So if you're merely saying they "hid" the scrolls, well they certainly have Unhid them.

Hiding and editing are two different things.

And the Roman empire had no interest in editing that passage.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is you do not know which parts of the scriptures were kept HOLY by the Church of Rome.
Yes, they did... the Jewish people were afraid that is why they hid the scrolls.
This was called the dark ages.

Location hidden

#25115 May 5, 2013
Not necessary nor possible. No one can tabulate "how many copies" are in existent. The world is not some kind of computer.

But I implore you to find just ONE actual writing of any kind, of any copy with YOUR mormon version that is older than AD1830.

The Muslims, I've asked, and you know what their lame excuse is? The catholic church was successfully able to erase every copy that they believe existed.

What's your excuse.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not correct.
I employee you to find out how many copies of the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. bible from the ORIGINAL Greek and Hebrew writings.

Location hidden

#25116 May 5, 2013
I know that Genesis 4 was kept holy by the Church of Rome, and every other Church, and Synagogue.

How many times do you have to be told... JEWISH synagogues were not under the authority of rome.

And Jewish synagogues outside of Roman borders were not subject to their persecutions.

And how many times will I remind you that Rome had no interest in removing passages in Genesis 4 that would have related to black people and race.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is you do not know which parts of the scriptures were kept HOLY by the Church of Rome.
Yes, they did... the Jewish people were afraid that is why they hid the scrolls.
This was called the dark ages.

Location hidden

#25117 May 5, 2013
Nope.

There is no incident of Torah scrolls being systematically burned by Rome. There were some isolated incidents through time, but no campaign to go through every one.

Secondly, OUTSIDE THE ROMAN EMPIRE, there were JEWISH SYNAGOGUES.

Those were not impacted by any of these assumptions of yours.

So the easy question: How do you know that "they burned the writings they acquired after they took away from, added to, and forged what they wanted to them."
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect because they burned the writings they acquired after they took away from, added to, and forged what they wanted to them.

Location hidden

#25118 May 5, 2013
You have not proven that every torah scroll in antiquity was burned by Rome. You have not shown it to be true, nor given any reasonable doubt.

You haven't even given an example of an ATTEMPT by Rome.

Furthermore, you've shown no explanation on how the Jews dealt with such an event, as it would certainly be in their historical archives as an EVENT.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim something is false that has already been proven true.
You are destroying nothing with your radical theories.

Location hidden

#25119 May 5, 2013
Nope.

Mayan writings were not "all" burned.

And it would take "ALL" Torah scrolls to be burned for your theory to be true.

Secondly, Mayan rituals were not Christian, and they did not have a similar "mass". They had an entirely different religion, with no connection to Judaism.

We know this... because they did not burn "all" of their writings.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spaniards destroyed many of the Mayan writings because... they had a similar mass (they passed the Sacrament bread and water) as they did... and it was not by the Catholic AUTHORITY, and they did not pay penitence to the Catholics.

Location hidden

#25120 May 5, 2013
My "radical" theories?

My "radical" theory that you are arguing against is that black people were no different than white people or any other people.

My "radical" theory is that blacks were not some pre-existent satanic sympathizers that ended up turned black by a mark on Cain.

My "radical" theory is that Genesis 4 was not burned away from EVERY torah scroll on earth by Rome, even so far as to be done so backwards in time.

Please tell us the radical part.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim something is false that has already been proven true.
You are destroying nothing with your radical theories.

Location hidden

#25121 May 5, 2013
Yea you have.

You're arguing that Rome erased a part of Genesis 4, for NO reason at all, and waged an impossible campaign to not just "burn" all Torah scrolls OUT there, but somehow have it so that every replacement scroll had that passage removed. And despite the fact that writing those scrolls takes a LONG time... you want us to be believe that they were successful in convincing Jewish scribes to all rewrite the same alterations on EVERY scroll on EARTH.

But it doesn't stop there. Rome was for some reason interested in Genesis 4, which also you have this idea about blacks being pre-existent satanic sympathizers, which somehow is supposed to match some theory that Baptists and MUSLIMS had already had about Cain and black skin...

And none of this is actually based on white racist hate against blacks building up through slavery in America and Europe. It's really just a Roman conspiracy that Joseph Smith (with the help of the Muslims and Baptists) had uncovered.

THAT is what you are telling us.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing of the sort.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25122 May 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven that... you LIE so often I am compelled to believe they excommunicated you for being an Apostate Mormon.
Prove different.
Believe me or don't. I really don't care. Prove I was.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25123 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
Not necessary nor possible. No one can tabulate "how many copies" are in existent. The world is not some kind of computer.
But I implore you to find just ONE actual writing of any kind, of any copy with YOUR mormon version that is older than AD1830.
The Muslims, I've asked, and you know what their lame excuse is? The catholic church was successfully able to erase every copy that they believe existed.
What's your excuse.
<quoted text>
I'll do you one better. Even the Joseph Smith "translation" doesn't say it.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/jst...
Her version of that verse exist only in the translation of her mind.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25124 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
Yea you have.
You're arguing that Rome erased a part of Genesis 4, for NO reason at all, and waged an impossible campaign to not just "burn" all Torah scrolls OUT there, but somehow have it so that every replacement scroll had that passage removed. And despite the fact that writing those scrolls takes a LONG time... you want us to be believe that they were successful in convincing Jewish scribes to all rewrite the same alterations on EVERY scroll on EARTH.
But it doesn't stop there. Rome was for some reason interested in Genesis 4, which also you have this idea about blacks being pre-existent satanic sympathizers, which somehow is supposed to match some theory that Baptists and MUSLIMS had already had about Cain and black skin...
And none of this is actually based on white racist hate against blacks building up through slavery in America and Europe. It's really just a Roman conspiracy that Joseph Smith (with the help of the Muslims and Baptists) had uncovered.
THAT is what you are telling us.
<quoted text>
That is still not what I said.

I said there is no way to guarantee that they did not add or delete parts to the Bible.

There are many translations: which one is the most correct?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25125 May 5, 2013
1841 AD: English Hexapla New Testament; an Early Textual Comparison showing the Greek and 6 Famous English Translations in Parallel Columns.

1846 AD: The Illuminated Bible; The Most Lavishly Illustrated Bible printed in America. A King James Version, with All 80 Books.

1863 AD: Robert Young's "Literal" Translation; often criticized for being so literal that it sometimes obscures the contextual English meaning.

1885 AD: The "English Revised Version" Bible; The First Major English Revision of the KJV.

1901 AD: The "American Standard Version"; The First Major American Revision of the KJV.

1952 AD: The "Revised Standard Version" (RSV); said to be a Revision of the 1901 American Standard Version, though more highly criticized.

1971 AD: The "New American Standard Bible" (NASB) is Published as a "Modern and Accurate Word for Word English Translation" of the Bible.

1973 AD: The "New International Version" (NIV) is Published as a "Modern and Accurate Phrase for Phrase English Translation" of the Bible.

1982 AD: The "New King James Version" (NKJV) is Published as a "Modern English Version Maintaining the Original Style of the King James."

1990 AD: The "New Revised Standard Version" (NRSV); further revision of 1952 RSV,(itself a revision of 1901 ASV), criticized for "gender inclusiveness".

2002 AD: The English Standard Version (ESV) is Published as a translation to bridge the gap between the accuracy of the NASB and the readability of the NIV.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25126 May 5, 2013
Now... this is the point.

The Church of Rome killed mothers for teaching their children the Lords prayer... they killed their families.

They Buried people alive,
they Tortured,
beat,
boiled them alive in oil,
burned them at the stake...

Slavery is not the only bad thing that has happened in this world, and it has not only happened to BLACKS.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25127 May 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me or don't. I really don't care. Prove I was.
I've already proven everything I need to about you.

You're a liar.

You're Satan's harlot.

You molester and pervert the Gospel.

That's all I need to know.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25128 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
And again, Rome did not have access to every Jewish Synagogue, and they did not hide their scrolls in such a way that they erased them, then rewrote them to exclude this part of Genesis.
The dark ages for Europe ended a long time ago. So if you're merely saying they "hid" the scrolls, well they certainly have Unhid them.
<quoted text>
However, by the time they destroyed ORIGINALS that couldn't be reproduced... and a lot of what still existed was hidden.

We do not have the full truths.

You need to research your facts. You're wrong and your just showing your lack of knowledge by continuing this argument.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25129 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church of Rome did this to the entire BIBLE... not just to Genesis for your benefit.

DON'T be ignorant.

Genesis is part of the Bible. The translations we have are all we have... and we have no way of guaranteeing what things were left out, added to, forged.

We have to interpret the translations of the Bible and research the documents that are being found to obtain fullness.

Religion is not about YOUR people... it's about GOD's people.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#25130 May 5, 2013
osirica wrote:
Nope.
Mayan writings were not "all" burned.
And it would take "ALL" Torah scrolls to be burned for your theory to be true.
Secondly, Mayan rituals were not Christian, and they did not have a similar "mass". They had an entirely different religion, with no connection to Judaism.
We know this... because they did not burn "all" of their writings.
<quoted text>
haha.... your wrong again.

Man it's like your at the shooting ranging just going whacko.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min russianrepukes 287,584
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Badjudgment 1,581,937
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 3 min Colombo 1,440
News Report: Higher premiums if Trump halts 'Obamaca... 5 min inbred Genius 59
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Clearwater 26,375
News Democrat 'incredibly frustrated' with leader ov... 14 min Mizike 4
News Dad with no criminal record, an American wife a... 19 min Diversity Dude 31
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Truth is might 222,247
More from around the web