Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
23,581 - 23,600 of 32,000 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jun 25

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcendentalis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordecai_Manuel_...

The final spike in the coffin of Mormon theology.

Just read it.

In 1825 (LOL), with virtually no support from anyone-not even his fellow Jews- in a precursor to modern Zionism, he tried to found a Jewish "refuge" at Grand Island in the Niagara River (not too far from Palmyra), to be called "Ararat," after Mount Ararat, the Biblical resting place of Noah's Ark. He purchased land on Grand Island for $4.38 per acre to build a refuge for Jews of all nations.He had brought with him a cornerstone which read "Ararat, a City of Refuge for the Jews, founded by Mordecai M. Noah in the Month of Tishri, 5586 (September, 1825) and in the Fiftieth Year of American Independence."

But this is the funniest part...

Mormon theologians try to use this as proof

http://olivercowdery.com/gathering/ararat1.ht...

I can't stop laughing.

He must be telling the truth because he plagarized off some Jewish guy!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh... so that IS what you're saying and believe.
Funny that you're so ashamed of being white. It would be so much easier if you could only change the color of your skin. But since you can't you'll trudge on apologizing for it, and accepting the blame for all the injustices wrought upon the black man alleviating him of any and all responsibility. What a heavy burden you must bear.
Oh, please...you DID join the Klan, didn't you? Your white pride superiority stupidity is right out of their play book. Is your bishop a member too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Ahhh...

You're Still barking...

You're Still making dumb assumptions...

You're Still trying to avoid dealing with the topic...

Listen. I've done and continue to do my part to help my people.

I ENJOY, along the way, helping black people leave Mormonism...

Heck I enjoy helping all people leave Mormonism.

I've helped at least two dozen people leave in the past 3 years.

that in itself is far worth anything you have to say.

So thank you, because once again your attempt at an insult is just another compliment.- Credit given to David Spade for that line
<quoted text>
No. I "COULDN'T" care less. To say I could care less means I still somewhat care. Which I don't. I thought I made that perfectly clear. However, I'm curious why you're fighting a fight which has already been fought and not fighting to help your people where they really need it. Ohhh... that's right, you want an apology. Still waiting are you??? Wonder what shade of blue you are...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Do you really think your stupid friend would distract me while you go on and on trying to get Dana to like you more?

Listen Mormon...

I'm sorry that you think the racial hate in your religion is such a small matter, such a trivial side story...

But it's not.

It's the main story, it's the most significant HOLE in your religion.

THink about it.

You taught that a curse was placed on the second generation of humanity, to such a degree that not even Jesus ressurrection and grace was enough to lift it, and even though it was Cain's sin, this curse was to be punished upon his descendents that you call black people today.

that is SO FUCKING EVIL. It's the core evil teaching that has caused so much destruction.

Now, the only religion that was worse, was "Positive Christianity"... a very close variation to Mormonism in the racial regard.

You know who invented THAT religious teaching?

Hitler himself.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
As I previously stated as a fact from your admittance of what you don't believe in...
"I said you have now become everything what you called Smith. You have taken from the Bible and added your opinion to change it. You're a fraud, a hypocrite, a liar that you believe in the word of God as others believe in it because you think the base of the entire Bible is a lying myth.
You're new nick for me is Dana Jr because you have done what you accuse Smith of having done. But you claim it's okay for you to take and add to the Bible but Smith can't do it nor anyone else to your thinking.
You have accused Smith from taking from the Bible. At least he didn't remove an entire book on the basis of it being a myth with no truth and thus is a lie not to be believed in or taken literally as God's own words.
Such a job well done of proving your hypocrisy in these matters, job well done dude!"
I'm glad you believe you have a good relationship with God. Because you suck at being good at defaming Mormons. And now that you have revealed you have done as you accused Smith, you've rolled your dice dude. You're a scripture slice and dicer as you've accused Smith of being...quite funny really...how ironic too :)

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

osirica wrote:
<quoted text>And my response is this:

SO WHAT.

You Mormons are further lost than any African that any missionary goes to save.

Do you understand something? You actually think that the acts of dictators, corrupt corporations that pay them and their armies off, and the legacy of colonization is somehow supposed to do what?

Justify anything?

Again, it's so nice how missionaries and volunteers do this and that. But you're out of touch with reality...

Most of what goes on in Africa is the very thing you say doesn't happen. I love how hateful you sound. Oh but then again you've never been there. Yes, you're ignorant and unaware of Africans, themselves building their own countries, despite an extreme level of multinational-western corporate interference.

Oh wait, your reply "Oh stop blaming the corporations for everything"

That's like me going to the Louisiana coast right, and instead of BP being forced to pay for the damage, they instead pay the Lousisian gov't and the US gov't to suppress any local frustration about it right? And then the BP paid off police kill any of the locals that speak out or demand reparations for the damage...

Funny, it happens in Africa and you'd expect them to just pull up their bootstraps.

If that happened for America, this country would have collapsed by now.

Anyhow, so you're saying all this to say what? That it's ok to lie about black people history and call them cursed.

Hilarious.

Bottom line, you've been completely iced in this debate.
Hahahahahaha!!! Nice try, dumbass. You're your own best cheer section, aren't you? I like how you deem yourself the victor in this debate thinking, "maybe if I do, he'll stop and just go away." Hilarious you say??? No, it's you who is hilarious. Get that apology yet???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Did you get your troves of black people thanking your ancestors for enslaving them?

LOL!
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha!!! Nice try, dumbass. You're your own best cheer section, aren't you? I like how you deem yourself the victor in this debate thinking, "maybe if I do, he'll stop and just go away." Hilarious you say??? No, it's you who is hilarious. Get that apology yet???

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

osirica wrote:
<quoted text>No,

YOU are saying that WHITES are incapable of accepting personal responsibility.

You actually want whites to be THANKED for enslaving people.

No one is saying to treat them like children.

What is said to treat them with the same respect.

No one seriously teaches that whites came from a curse. So why teach that blacks came from one? You know why, so the bigger question... you knowing the real reason, still defend it.

That's the OPPOSITE of personal responsibility.
Do you actually comprehend what you read??? Ummm, that is NOT what I said. That's what you want me to say. There's a difference. Now go back to the kiddie table and let the grown ups speak.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

osirica wrote:
<quoted text>And you know what YOU do>?

YOu tell the boys to get over it, stop crying about it, and somehow learn how to become engineers right after being rescued... IF they ever get rescued and to hurry up, because the fact that the rest of their country is screwed is their fault.

THATS what you're saying

ASSHOLE
Wow... you just don't get it, do you? No wonder "the cradle of civilization" can't fend for itself. And you're supposedly educated. Amazing. Simply amazing. Maybe go next door and have someone read and explain to you what I wrote.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, please...you DID join the Klan, didn't you? Your white pride superiority stupidity is right out of their play book. Is your bishop a member too?
You are ashamed, aren't you? Go ahead and admit it. Yet you as a liberal white race hater, live in white bread Provolandia. I bet you don't dare drive out to the seedy parts of SLC. It's just not safe. Come on girls! Heads back in the sand. Just like mommy taught you.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get your troves of black people thanking your ancestors for enslaving them?

LOL!
Still working on getting that apology thingy??? How's that working for ya? That blue is starting to turn purple. You're kinda looking like an eggplant.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you show your ignorance. Smith created his own "translation" (and I put that in quotes because translation is a joke when he didn't use even one manuscript to create it) in which we find, miracles of all miracles, verses foretelling the coming of Joseph Smith Smith.
<quoted text>
I don't know why you pretend to be able to speak for me. There are many life lessons taught in Genesis, so no, I wouldn't publish the Bible with out it.
It also gives us the first verses showing the triune nature of God. "Let US make man in OUR own image."
You're a crappy representative of Mormonism, don't think you can even begin to represent what I've said. You'll only screw that up as much as you screw up Mormonism.
You need to get a clue here. The reason a good anti-Mormon is a good anti-Mormon is because they believe JUST in the Bible and they have a belief in the ENTIRE Bible from Genesis to Revelations regardless of what they can explain or not explain. That;'s where the terminology comes from "Bible thumper" because they ONLY believe in the Bible and the whole Bible and nothing but the Bible.
You have stepped out of that terminology by changing the value of the Bible as it's addressed by "most" Christians.
Most Christians don't profess a belief in the Bible and then claim as you're an example of doing, "Oh by the way, my belief in the Bible comes with conditions based on which books I feel are inspired and which I think are mythical lies and delusions."
I'm guessing there are other books in the Bible you feel are mythical fabricated lies as you feel about Genesis. You have done what Smith did and you won't fault yourself but you'll fault him? You're such a fricking hypocrite and have actually proved it.
lol...pretend to speak for you?...are you serious? Haw use to speak for you, nomo speaks for you and David speaks for you and you fault me for setting out your logic as you have declared it?...lol.
Genesis contains life lessons? Fricking Confucius wrote more positive sayings about 'life lessons' than are contained in the entire Bible and I don't see you quoting him!
Real Bible thumping Christians don't accept any part of the Bible because it contains 'life lessons' that make it useable for spiritual growth. They accept it because they claim God inspired it through the prophets and they don't judge God's word as a mythical lie.
And your statement.. "..first verses showing the triune nature of God.." you said was a myth. That makes it untrue and a lie. Because a myth is not reality, nor is it truth or fact. A myth is a rambling of fictitious thinking written of non-existent things/persons/places. So you have defined your triune nature of God a myth and a delusional lie, a fabricated lie. So Genesis supports nothing for you because you claimed it was a mythical book.
You're a crappy representative of a so called Christian. You'd be an outcast to what an actual Christian is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Yea you got it.

You really got it didn't you.

All that crap about thanking whites for enslaving blacks... as an excuse to stay silent against Mormon racist scripture...

It's sunk in to your brain, how absurdedly ignorantly wrong it is.

Go ahead, carry on with your "ego" replies.
<quoted text>
Do you actually comprehend what you read??? Ummm, that is NOT what I said. That's what you want me to say. There's a difference. Now go back to the kiddie table and let the grown ups speak.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Klan sympathizer...

You've philosophically bankrupted yourself in this debate.

I enjoy your attempts at insulting me.
<quoted text>
Still working on getting that apology thingy??? How's that working for ya? That blue is starting to turn purple. You're kinda looking like an eggplant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

I notice all of your replies start with a cynical question.

So like I said, you've bankrupted yourself

"Oh you're ashamed arent you"
"Hows that apology going"
etc...

Basic "ask a sarcastic question" to show some kind of unassailable position by merely asking it.

Bankrupt.

Reminder, Black people didn't come from Cain and the writers of the Bible never implied that they did.

Mormon Joseph Smith founder made it up, and even though he may have personally thought it was in there, he clearly had no understanding of hebrew nor the context it was written and went by his own ignorant perspective.

That is the proof he was no prophet.
<quoted text>
You are ashamed, aren't you? Go ahead and admit it. Yet you as a liberal white race hater, live in white bread Provolandia. I bet you don't dare drive out to the seedy parts of SLC. It's just not safe. Come on girls! Heads back in the sand. Just like mommy taught you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Oh my lord,

this guy is trying to compare historical analysis in GENESIS (1/16th of the Biblical history) with the ENTIRE writings of the Book of Mormon.

You CAN use just about everything from Exodus to Habbakuk as a suppliment to any credible study of history of the middle east. Far more than 90% accurate. The fine details about the lives of the various personalities is the only thing you cannot verify, that's normal.

But in the book of Mormon 90% of it is INaccurate, and the remaining 10%? That refers to obvious knowledge like "there is an America" or "there were native americans"
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a clue here. The reason a good anti-Mormon is a good anti-Mormon is because they believe JUST in the Bible and they have a belief in the ENTIRE Bible from Genesis to Revelations regardless of what they can explain or not explain. That;'s where the terminology comes from "Bible thumper" because they ONLY believe in the Bible and the whole Bible and nothing but the Bible.
You have stepped out of that terminology by changing the value of the Bible as it's addressed by "most" Christians.
Most Christians don't profess a belief in the Bible and then claim as you're an example of doing, "Oh by the way, my belief in the Bible comes with conditions based on which books I feel are inspired and which I think are mythical lies and delusions."
I'm guessing there are other books in the Bible you feel are mythical fabricated lies as you feel about Genesis. You have done what Smith did and you won't fault yourself but you'll fault him? You're such a fricking hypocrite and have actually proved it.
lol...pretend to speak for you?...are you serious? Haw use to speak for you, nomo speaks for you and David speaks for you and you fault me for setting out your logic as you have declared it?...lol.
Genesis contains life lessons? Fricking Confucius wrote more positive sayings about 'life lessons' than are contained in the entire Bible and I don't see you quoting him!
Real Bible thumping Christians don't accept any part of the Bible because it contains 'life lessons' that make it useable for spiritual growth. They accept it because they claim God inspired it through the prophets and they don't judge God's word as a mythical lie.
And your statement.. "..first verses showing the triune nature of God.." you said was a myth. That makes it untrue and a lie. Because a myth is not reality, nor is it truth or fact. A myth is a rambling of fictitious thinking written of non-existent things/persons/places. So you have defined your triune nature of God a myth and a delusional lie, a fabricated lie. So Genesis supports nothing for you because you claimed it was a mythical book.
You're a crappy representative of a so called Christian. You'd be an outcast to what an actual Christian is.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your idiotic delusions/diversions AGAIN? Total fail, freak.
Yeah yeah, lots of projecting again. You wrote the statements so are you proclaiming you were a liar as usual and none of what you said was true?
You were in Houston Texas during these incidents according to what you said.
Than you fricking move to Utah in spite of you having proclaimed... "One of them kept ogling my 13 yr old daughter." You accused one of the missionaries of sexually ogling your than 13 year old daughter SO YOU THINK THE BEST PLACE TO MOVE IS UTAH....lol...your insanity is just way too much....

NoMo

Location hidden
#14906 Sep 9, 2012

Judged:222
<quoted text>
He stands for you because you're too busy on your knees hiding behind furniture when the doorbell rings. hahahahahaha!!!! What a loser.
Those missionaries STALKED my family. They waited outside until we came home, rang my doorbell repeatedly and literally banged on my door with their fists...we talked to them once.. My neighbors were so creeped out by their tactics, they wanted me to call the police.

NoMo

Location hidden
#14908 Sep 9, 2012

Judged:111
One of them kept ogling my 13 yr old daughter. Does the MTC send the worst ones to Houston? Is that considered MTC hell or something? They were the worst missionaries I've ever seen.

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

osirica wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said,
if you factored all the bias out,
you'd have no argument to make.
You remind me of the bell curve. Those stupid so-called scientists did all their analysis and what they failed to do... 101...
Use a control group of whites with the same physical characteristics that they concluded were behind the black lower IQ scores. Or at the very least, compare a control group of lower IQ scoring whites to find a correlation (or lack of one).
Yet that basic science did not happen. You know why? Same reason they didn't factor social bias into their book. It would cause them to have to seriously address a problem that would lead to full social and economic equality. Which they (nor you) want.
There are two kinds of white supremacists: The cynic and the helper.
The Cynic goes on and on like you do. The helper are the bell curve dummy scientists that think there is no hope and want to somehow cause the world to adjust.
in the end, you're the same. You talk about personal responsibility but attack whole groups of people, regardless of the facts on the ground, the individual and what not.
I mean, what have you actually done? did you invent anything? No. Do you think it makes sense to try to run a society that is bought off by corrupt dictators and corporations. Of course you act like it doesn't matter.
Because here in the USA you hate your own government right? How the gov't is enslaving and taxing you right? And your rights are being taken away and you gotta buy more guns...
But in Africa, it's just a magic expectations where the gov't is far more corrupt, and BP owns it...
LOL...
You're just adorable!
ADORABLE!
Awww, thanks! And you're adorable too, Mandingo. Especially when you ask a question and answer it for me and knowing EXACTLY how I'd answer it too. Wow! I'm impressed. You big proud peacock! Look at your big bad self!
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...so all Mormons are as racist as you and these other two? Even thought your cult claims not to teach this anymore, it still somehow gets brainwashed into your heads..how is this possible? Why havent the lizards stricken this yet, if it's not teachable? Funny, how your Quorum claims Mormons love everyone. You idiots can't even ditch the racism, much less drop the homophobia.
Swahili is a language, not a race...you are not in smart.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

And yes Osirica thinks nobody but Mormons had slaves. How about all of your Christian faithful little laddy. Ever occur to you that the country u live in was built on slavery? Go back to kindergarten child. Let the adults interact although NoMo really isn't one. Because truth matters.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is safe to say that yes, we would reject and attack anyone who wants to use God as a means to discriminate against a whole race of people for no other sin than being born.
But feel free to keep on justifying your hatred of people with color.
lol...yeah whatever...lol...you two have rejected and attacked anyone that thinks differently than you both and all based on your hypocrisy.
lol...and now you decide to attack me on the premise that I hate people with colour??? lolol....are you truly that immature that you wouldn't hesitate to create another lie for yourself to think is true you can't prove as usual? I hate people of colour?? lololol...wayyyy too fricking much clown dude...really...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••