Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24782 May 3, 2013
You could care less about the atrocities your ancestors committed on each other and on everyone else. So guess what, the facts certainly do speak for themselves.

Oh you want us to ignore the atrocities your ancestors committed by pointing out the ones mine committed? that's really interesting. Shall we absolve Mormon religion for that reason too?

Hey it's ok if a religion teaches blasphemy, because elsewhere, other religions are doing the same thing too!

LOL

Now, as you've tried to change the subject, I am unilaterally changing it back.

Mormonism, I have reproven yet again, is based on lies and deceit. Your hateful speech only further solidifes it.

So please, I insist, keep replying
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Make no mistake, I'm not crying about anything. I couldn't any care less about your thoughts or opinions regarding your "whitewashing" of the atrocities your ancestors committed on each other, nor the ones they continue even today. The facts speak for themselves. BTW- my this is not my "Mormon" perspective, dumbass. It's not even a perspective. It's a fact. You go ahead error by putting a Mormon label on it, any label for that matter, but it doesn't change facts. So you go ahead and cry and bitch and moan about Joseph Smith and the Church's supposed racism. But it doesn't change facts.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#24783 May 3, 2013
Osirica=idiot in Swahili. Your posts are vomit. Child, stay on topic or go play Xbox.

Location hidden

#24784 May 3, 2013
And my response is this:

SO WHAT.

You Mormons are further lost than any African that any missionary goes to save.

Do you understand something? You actually think that the acts of dictators, corrupt corporations that pay them and their armies off, and the legacy of colonization is somehow supposed to do what?

Justify anything?

Again, it's so nice how missionaries and volunteers do this and that. But you're out of touch with reality...

Most of what goes on in Africa is the very thing you say doesn't happen. I love how hateful you sound. Oh but then again you've never been there. Yes, you're ignorant and unaware of Africans, themselves building their own countries, despite an extreme level of multinational-western corporate interference.

Oh wait, your reply "Oh stop blaming the corporations for everything"

That's like me going to the Louisiana coast right, and instead of BP being forced to pay for the damage, they instead pay the Lousisian gov't and the US gov't to suppress any local frustration about it right? And then the BP paid off police kill any of the locals that speak out or demand reparations for the damage...

Funny, it happens in Africa and you'd expect them to just pull up their bootstraps.

If that happened for America, this country would have collapsed by now.

Anyhow, so you're saying all this to say what? That it's ok to lie about black people history and call them cursed.

Hilarious.

Bottom line, you've been completely iced in this debate.
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about the past, dumbass. I'm talking about right now! Thousands of missionaries, Doctors, and volunteers of all types go to Africa every year to help the people to learn how to take care of themselves with the most basic necessities of life, including, but certainly not limited to, education, working with those who have HIV/AIDS, caring for infants and children in orphanages, because either their parents have been killed, or they couldn't take care of them, irrigation, planting crops, building dwellings, supplying food... the list goes on and on. Now, Mandingo, why is that? If your race is so enlightened and evolved, why can't they do these things for themselves? Huh??? What have you done to help your people besides sit here on Topix to talk about something that happened in the 1800's??? Yeah, I didn't think so... Well, if you decide to do more for your RACE besides complain, google "volunteer work in Africa." I got about 13,000,000 results in 0.26 seconds.

Location hidden

#24785 May 3, 2013
The topic:

Mormons aren't Christian. Proof has been delivered by the Mormon posters on here.

Anti-Black racial rhetoric in Mormon canon is not Christian.

Better?

if not, bring yourself in here, and I'll break your mormon mind down too.
Father overtime wrote:
Osirica=idiot in Swahili. Your posts are vomit. Child, stay on topic or go play Xbox.

Location hidden

#24786 May 3, 2013
No,

YOU are saying that WHITES are incapable of accepting personal responsibility.

You actually want whites to be THANKED for enslaving people.

No one is saying to treat them like children.

What is said to treat them with the same respect.

No one seriously teaches that whites came from a curse. So why teach that blacks came from one? You know why, so the bigger question... you knowing the real reason, still defend it.

That's the OPPOSITE of personal responsibility.
<quoted text>
It sounds like you're saying blacks are incapable of accepting personal responsibility. That they need to be treated as children and taken care of. Is that what you are saying and believe??? Like they're helpless and shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. Is that what you think???

Location hidden

#24787 May 3, 2013
And you know what YOU do>?

YOu tell the boys to get over it, stop crying about it, and somehow learn how to become engineers right after being rescued... IF they ever get rescued and to hurry up, because the fact that the rest of their country is screwed is their fault.

THATS what you're saying

ASSHOLE
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah....
All those boys abducted into killing squads, and those working in the diamond mines, for the greedy waring Tribal factions to wage atrocities on each other is not slavery to you??? Hmmm... Long gone been dealt with, huh??? You are a lot dumber than I thought. Turning blue yet?

Location hidden

#24788 May 3, 2013
Like I said,
if you factored all the bias out,
you'd have no argument to make.
You remind me of the bell curve. Those stupid so-called scientists did all their analysis and what they failed to do... 101...
Use a control group of whites with the same physical characteristics that they concluded were behind the black lower IQ scores. Or at the very least, compare a control group of lower IQ scoring whites to find a correlation (or lack of one).
Yet that basic science did not happen. You know why? Same reason they didn't factor social bias into their book. It would cause them to have to seriously address a problem that would lead to full social and economic equality. Which they (nor you) want.
There are two kinds of white supremacists: The cynic and the helper.
The Cynic goes on and on like you do. The helper are the bell curve dummy scientists that think there is no hope and want to somehow cause the world to adjust.
in the end, you're the same. You talk about personal responsibility but attack whole groups of people, regardless of the facts on the ground, the individual and what not.
I mean, what have you actually done? did you invent anything? No. Do you think it makes sense to try to run a society that is bought off by corrupt dictators and corporations. Of course you act like it doesn't matter.
Because here in the USA you hate your own government right? How the gov't is enslaving and taxing you right? And your rights are being taken away and you gotta buy more guns...
But in Africa, it's just a magic expectations where the gov't is far more corrupt, and BP owns it...
LOL...
You're just adorable!
ADORABLE!
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha!!! That's it, Mandingo. Blame the Government and "whitey," for all the blacks problems instead of taking responsibility for yourselves. But, you really can no longer blame the Government, can you??? Yet, you just did.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24789 May 3, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
Wow...so all Mormons are as racist as you and these other two? Even thought your cult claims not to teach this anymore, it still somehow gets brainwashed into your heads..how is this possible? Why havent the lizards stricken this yet, if it's not teachable? Funny, how your Quorum claims Mormons love everyone. You idiots can't even ditch the racism, much less drop the homophobia.

Location hidden

#24790 May 3, 2013
YAWN...

I've demolished your entire philosophy at THIS point... but let us continue.

Nothing is perpetuated against me because I am black.

The racist hate perpetuated against me and my people is because of your ignorance and obsessive hate about my skin color.

But my skin color is fine, it doesn't have any magic power to cause anything bad to happen.

Another basic perspective you need to learn.

"because you are black".... is another ignorant misunderstanding.

The fact is, the unmerited hate and prejudiced ignorant stupidity of others, who make attitudes and decisions are the cause.

"the LA" riots?

My friend, anytime whites riot, it causes untold destruction, but guess what, the govt pays to restore everything.

You realize the white riots of the 40s, just look up the word hooligan... i mean after all you're talking about stuff that goes on outside the USA...

anyway, you want to blame me for the LA riots for the the fact i share some very distant ancestors with some blacks that committed them?

Well gee whiz what causes the police officers to brutalize the black people all the time?

Please... I'd love to hear your excuse for this one. You'll just entertain me further when you trip over yourself. Of course you'll probably try to use the cynical yelling hate speech to drown out the basic facts out...

right? Of course you will

Ok can't wait, whats the word?
<quoted text>
You blacks use your RACE for everything! Everything is done or perpetuated against you because you're BLACK!!! Yet, the blacks are one of the only races that continues to complain about injustices that have happened in the past, yet continue to tear down and destroy the very neighborhoods in which they live, riddle them with crime, and all the while, blame the white man for it! The LA riots is a perfect example. Opportunism at its best.

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#24791 May 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>That's mighty white of you..
Ahhh... so that IS what you're saying and believe.

Funny that you're so ashamed of being white. It would be so much easier if you could only change the color of your skin. But since you can't you'll trudge on apologizing for it, and accepting the blame for all the injustices wrought upon the black man alleviating him of any and all responsibility. What a heavy burden you must bear.

Location hidden

#24792 May 3, 2013
Nope.

YOU equate speaking the truth with hate.

See, my only point here is that it's clearly obvious that the Bible did not teach anything about blacks being cursed, and that any teaching that came about interpreting it, started with ignorant greedy hateful minds that wanted to justify their acts of slavery against black people.

That's all.

Whole religions were created around it.

TAKE MORMONISM FOR EXAMPLE.
<quoted text>
So you equate hate with speaking the truth. The only hate I see is you hating the fact that someone actually isn't buying into your utter politically correct ignorance and bullshit.

Branson, MO

#24793 May 3, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>You could care less about the atrocities your ancestors committed on each other and on everyone else. So guess what, the facts certainly do speak for themselves.

Oh you want us to ignore the atrocities your ancestors committed by pointing out the ones mine committed? that's really interesting. Shall we absolve Mormon religion for that reason too?

Hey it's ok if a religion teaches blasphemy, because elsewhere, other religions are doing the same thing too!

LOL

Now, as you've tried to change the subject, I am unilaterally changing it back.

Mormonism, I have reproven yet again, is based on lies and deceit. Your hateful speech only further solidifes it.

So please, I insist, keep replying
No. I "COULDN'T" care less. To say I could care less means I still somewhat care. Which I don't. I thought I made that perfectly clear. However, I'm curious why you're fighting a fight which has already been fought and not fighting to help your people where they really need it. Ohhh... that's right, you want an apology. Still waiting are you??? Wonder what shade of blue you are...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24794 May 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If any part of my self esteem or self worth was depended on your opinion of me, I would be crushed. But you have proven yourself to not be even worth the time of day in most aspects, so I'll be OK. My relationship with God is wonderful. Eat your heart out.
As I previously stated as a fact from your admittance of what you don't believe in...
"I said you have now become everything what you called Smith. You have taken from the Bible and added your opinion to change it. You're a fraud, a hypocrite, a liar that you believe in the word of God as others believe in it because you think the base of the entire Bible is a lying myth.
You're new nick for me is Dana Jr because you have done what you accuse Smith of having done. But you claim it's okay for you to take and add to the Bible but Smith can't do it nor anyone else to your thinking.
You have accused Smith from taking from the Bible. At least he didn't remove an entire book on the basis of it being a myth with no truth and thus is a lie not to be believed in or taken literally as God's own words.
Such a job well done of proving your hypocrisy in these matters, job well done dude!"

I'm glad you believe you have a good relationship with God. Because you suck at being good at defaming Mormons. And now that you have revealed you have done as you accused Smith, you've rolled your dice dude. You're a scripture slice and dicer as you've accused Smith of being...quite funny really...how ironic too :)

Branson, MO

#24795 May 3, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
He needs to go sit at the kiddie table with all the other little kiddie pops.

Location hidden

#24796 May 3, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcendentalis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordecai_Manuel_...

The final spike in the coffin of Mormon theology.

Just read it.

In 1825 (LOL), with virtually no support from anyone-not even his fellow Jews- in a precursor to modern Zionism, he tried to found a Jewish "refuge" at Grand Island in the Niagara River (not too far from Palmyra), to be called "Ararat," after Mount Ararat, the Biblical resting place of Noah's Ark. He purchased land on Grand Island for $4.38 per acre to build a refuge for Jews of all nations.He had brought with him a cornerstone which read "Ararat, a City of Refuge for the Jews, founded by Mordecai M. Noah in the Month of Tishri, 5586 (September, 1825) and in the Fiftieth Year of American Independence."

But this is the funniest part...

Mormon theologians try to use this as proof

http://olivercowdery.com/gathering/ararat1.ht...

I can't stop laughing.

He must be telling the truth because he plagarized off some Jewish guy!

Location hidden

#24797 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Ahhh... so that IS what you're saying and believe.
Funny that you're so ashamed of being white. It would be so much easier if you could only change the color of your skin. But since you can't you'll trudge on apologizing for it, and accepting the blame for all the injustices wrought upon the black man alleviating him of any and all responsibility. What a heavy burden you must bear.
Oh, please...you DID join the Klan, didn't you? Your white pride superiority stupidity is right out of their play book. Is your bishop a member too?

Location hidden

#24798 May 3, 2013
Ahhh...

You're Still barking...

You're Still making dumb assumptions...

You're Still trying to avoid dealing with the topic...

Listen. I've done and continue to do my part to help my people.

I ENJOY, along the way, helping black people leave Mormonism...

Heck I enjoy helping all people leave Mormonism.

I've helped at least two dozen people leave in the past 3 years.

that in itself is far worth anything you have to say.

So thank you, because once again your attempt at an insult is just another compliment.- Credit given to David Spade for that line
<quoted text>
No. I "COULDN'T" care less. To say I could care less means I still somewhat care. Which I don't. I thought I made that perfectly clear. However, I'm curious why you're fighting a fight which has already been fought and not fighting to help your people where they really need it. Ohhh... that's right, you want an apology. Still waiting are you??? Wonder what shade of blue you are...

Location hidden

#24799 May 3, 2013
Do you really think your stupid friend would distract me while you go on and on trying to get Dana to like you more?

Listen Mormon...

I'm sorry that you think the racial hate in your religion is such a small matter, such a trivial side story...

But it's not.

It's the main story, it's the most significant HOLE in your religion.

THink about it.

You taught that a curse was placed on the second generation of humanity, to such a degree that not even Jesus ressurrection and grace was enough to lift it, and even though it was Cain's sin, this curse was to be punished upon his descendents that you call black people today.

that is SO FUCKING EVIL. It's the core evil teaching that has caused so much destruction.

Now, the only religion that was worse, was "Positive Christianity"... a very close variation to Mormonism in the racial regard.

You know who invented THAT religious teaching?

Hitler himself.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
As I previously stated as a fact from your admittance of what you don't believe in...
"I said you have now become everything what you called Smith. You have taken from the Bible and added your opinion to change it. You're a fraud, a hypocrite, a liar that you believe in the word of God as others believe in it because you think the base of the entire Bible is a lying myth.
You're new nick for me is Dana Jr because you have done what you accuse Smith of having done. But you claim it's okay for you to take and add to the Bible but Smith can't do it nor anyone else to your thinking.
You have accused Smith from taking from the Bible. At least he didn't remove an entire book on the basis of it being a myth with no truth and thus is a lie not to be believed in or taken literally as God's own words.
Such a job well done of proving your hypocrisy in these matters, job well done dude!"
I'm glad you believe you have a good relationship with God. Because you suck at being good at defaming Mormons. And now that you have revealed you have done as you accused Smith, you've rolled your dice dude. You're a scripture slice and dicer as you've accused Smith of being...quite funny really...how ironic too :)

Branson, MO

#24800 May 3, 2013
osirica wrote:
<quoted text>And my response is this:

SO WHAT.

You Mormons are further lost than any African that any missionary goes to save.

Do you understand something? You actually think that the acts of dictators, corrupt corporations that pay them and their armies off, and the legacy of colonization is somehow supposed to do what?

Justify anything?

Again, it's so nice how missionaries and volunteers do this and that. But you're out of touch with reality...

Most of what goes on in Africa is the very thing you say doesn't happen. I love how hateful you sound. Oh but then again you've never been there. Yes, you're ignorant and unaware of Africans, themselves building their own countries, despite an extreme level of multinational-western corporate interference.

Oh wait, your reply "Oh stop blaming the corporations for everything"

That's like me going to the Louisiana coast right, and instead of BP being forced to pay for the damage, they instead pay the Lousisian gov't and the US gov't to suppress any local frustration about it right? And then the BP paid off police kill any of the locals that speak out or demand reparations for the damage...

Funny, it happens in Africa and you'd expect them to just pull up their bootstraps.

If that happened for America, this country would have collapsed by now.

Anyhow, so you're saying all this to say what? That it's ok to lie about black people history and call them cursed.

Hilarious.

Bottom line, you've been completely iced in this debate.
Hahahahahaha!!! Nice try, dumbass. You're your own best cheer section, aren't you? I like how you deem yourself the victor in this debate thinking, "maybe if I do, he'll stop and just go away." Hilarious you say??? No, it's you who is hilarious. Get that apology yet???

Location hidden

#24801 May 3, 2013
Did you get your troves of black people thanking your ancestors for enslaving them?

LOL!
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha!!! Nice try, dumbass. You're your own best cheer section, aren't you? I like how you deem yourself the victor in this debate thinking, "maybe if I do, he'll stop and just go away." Hilarious you say??? No, it's you who is hilarious. Get that apology yet???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neil Gorsuch opposes the Kelo decision - a terr... 1 min Hillary got thumped 7
News ICE Agents 'Stalking' Criminal Courts To Captur... 3 min spytheweb 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 1,509,619
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Uncle Tab 262,463
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 239,535
News Collapse of Obamacare repeal plan puts Freedom ... 4 min Denny CranesPlace 200
News Ivanka Trump: A White House force, just not an ... 5 min Trump your President 187
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 9 min swampmudd 7,650
News Fights erupt at pro-Trump rally on California b... 20 min Lawrence Wolf 149
Gay Skype !! 28 min jasonb210b 125
News Ellison says Democrats must fight Republicans a... 1 hr Hillary got thumped 148
More from around the web