Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,995

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#24685 May 2, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
FYI Dana... Here was my response to your accusation that I feared death:
I beg to disagree.... I have no fears of dying... it's the next step of order, living in eternity.
It's not over after this...
This temporal life on earth is hear to see what we got! We will be placed in an orderly faashion... based on what we prove of ourselves down here.
Just as being born was the first step... dying is the next step... it's not over after this.
Now... fearing God is another thing...
He says... because I said it, it is so...
CONSEQUENCES... CONSISTENT CONSEQUENCES for all are his promise.
This earth life is a test... we will suffer consequences or rewards for our choices.
Isn't it a marvelous plan?
WE are here to do our DUTY... not make excuses...
DUTY is a strong word.
That does not mean cheat the system.
They say you bed with a rattlesnake and your sure to get bit.
If you really feared God, you wouldn't lie so much. Example "He says... because I said it, it is so..." No, I said because this scripture says so.
Apparently you don't fear the word of God also, or you wouldn't be so worried about "duty". God gave me a gift of salvation, good luck trying to earn yours.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24686 May 2, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you that?
From the web the American Christian definition(s) of the trinity...

We teach that the one true God. is the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, three distinct persons, but of one and the same divine essence, equal in power, equal in eternity, equal in majesty, because each person possesses the one divine essence .-- Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)

We trust in the one triune God.-- Presbyterian Church (USA)

The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.-- Southern Baptist Convention

There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body or parts, of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in unity of this Godhead there are three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.-- United Methodist Church

The trinity teaching teaches in the Bible God, not God's, God a thing of three persons but still being One God created everything that exists, living and nonliving. That would include God creating the concept of good and evil.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24687 May 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained it in easy to understand terms. Your inability to understand it is your problem, yet again.
You can tell me your personal opinion of the trinity all day long. But the real trinity belief states there's a single God with three persons. That single God according to the trinity belief gave creation to all that exists.
Neither evil or good is a creation of itself. Good and evil are concepts of thought defined by action and established/created for us humans by God. Simple concept to understand.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24688 May 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when? Am I also not a Christian because I don't believe the parables of Jesus wasn't true? Myths have been the means on which many cultures have taught truthful life lessons. Just as the parables of Jesus did. Myths contain no truths, but fiction does? You're such a child. LOL!!!
<quoted text>
Well, I can't help it if your memory is bad, I know I have made that statement before. It's nice to see you admitting that Smith is a fraud by using him as an example of what you are claiming I'm doing. That does show progress on your part, though you still think it's perfectly fine he screwed anything on 2 feet.
God gave me a brain. If I differ with what other people think, that would be God's fault for letting me reason. But if he hadn't, I wouldn't be made in his image. We are to worship him in Spirit and truth. His commandment, not mine.
Orsis did an excellent job of explaining my position. But the days where I worried about what other people think have long disappeared
<quoted text>
It's funny when you throw hissy fits, because your logic has failed you.
You're no more of a Christian than you claim Smith isn't. A Christian accepts the Christian Bible even if they don't understand nor can explain it. That is what Christians have done to base their claim as being one, having a belief in the entire Bible as being inspired by God.
You have debased that long held belief by deciding you're defined a Christian by your own definition as you now prove you don't accept the Bible as being inspired. There is no inspiration from a myth that's an actual lie. A myth holds no truth. You have said Genesis is a myth. Therefore it holds no truths. It's a book of deception and outright lies most of Christianity has held as being true from the garden of Eden story to the Israelite enslavement by the Egyptians. You have declared all those stories myths and a myth holds no truth and such is a lie.
And you haven't made this statement before... "I have always stated that Genesis was a myth...". Search your own posts.
And another lie to lie for what purpose? I never said Smith was a fraud. Why do you have to lie so much? Are you a compulsive liar? Is that why you say I said things I haven't? Because you lie so much that lying for you is prefered over addressing what I said?
I said you have now become everything what you called Smith. You have taken from the Bible and added your opinion to change it. You're a fraud, a hypocrite, a liar that you believe in the word of God as others believe in it because you think the base of the entire Bible is a lying myth.
You're new nick for me is Dana Jr because you have done what you accuse Smith of having done. But you claim it's okay for you to take and add to the Bible but Smith can't do it nor anyone else to your thinking.
You have accused Smith from taking from the Bible. At least he didn't remove an entire book on the basis of it being a myth with no truth and thus is a lie not to be believed in or taken literally as God's own words.
Such a job well done of proving your hypocrisy in these matters, job well done dude!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24689 May 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave you a order? I also don't believe you have 2 functioning brain cells, moron.
*You told me what to stick with believing hoe old the world is.

*You have tried telling me to leave this forum before.

*You have lied about me and turned me into the moderators to try to get me to leave.

FYI: I won't be following any of your orders or suggestions. You are pure evil, and I won't be following you down your path.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24690 May 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really feared God, you wouldn't lie so much. Example "He says... because I said it, it is so..." No, I said because this scripture says so.
Apparently you don't fear the word of God also, or you wouldn't be so worried about "duty". God gave me a gift of salvation, good luck trying to earn yours.
You don't believe in God.
You don't believe in the SCRIPTURES.
You don't believe in Genesis... you said "Genesis was a MYTH".
You PERSONALLY said you would kill Jesus Christ YOURSELF for his teachings.

You have no clue what I fear or not... DUTY is respect for the Lord. It is our Duty to follow his commands in every way possible if we are going to find our way back.

FYI: Going back to home to him is not a gift... it is earned by doing right, by doing your DUTY.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24691 May 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to the statement above... you say "No, I said because this scripture says so".

WHAT? You said Genesis was a MYTH... where do the scriptures say that?

You are a GRADE-A-LIAR, a satanic sociopath.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24692 May 2, 2013
The BoM is a book that disregards Genesis and Smith showed far more disrespect when he tried to rewrite it...

Smith showed far more disrespect and you Mormons show far more disresepct when you dishonestly try to pick and choose what to acknowledge in order to simply give your Mormon crap some justificaiton.

Oh i choose this, but not that, oh this but not that.... oh only if it makes the Book of Mormon look good... oh no not that one, they must have left something out. Oh this looks good we have that in our Mormon book too... but not that, no that contradits our writing 2000 years LATER, so we will pretend that was wrongfully inserted back then... oh this... not that...

Bible again:

Isaiah 28:9-10
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 “Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.”

12 Then the book is delivered to one who is illiterate, saying,“Read this, please.”

And he says,“I am not literate.”

13 Therefore the Lord said:

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me,
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,
14 Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work
Among this people,
A marvelous work and a wonder;
For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish,
And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden.”

Thats YOU mormon...
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, as any scholar of the Bible would inform you, the entire Bible is based on Genesis. Take away Genesis and you take away the foundation of the Bible.
You have set the beginning of Bible time with the Israelites being slaves to the Egyptians because as you said, Genesis is a myth/lie/fable/untrue/hearsay/ not credible to be believed.
Your disregard for the Bible matches your disregard for the BOM. They mean what you believe them to mean or not to mean.

Location hidden

#24693 May 2, 2013
No science didnt

SCIENCE established that modern humans evolved INSIDE Africa, and from that point to now, have made smaller adaptations to their environment that allows the skin variation.

But Every group of human has the same capacity to learn, build, do, make, and all the other things that you pointed out.

The fact that some accumulated book knowledge ahead of others is nothing other than the coiencidence of time and cirucmstance.

You do not understand how development of humanity came to be. you look at the castles and pretend that those who have none could not be able to build them. So hence you ignorantly speak of the accomplishments here and there if they are outside of Africa and say "evolution".

Even when they also happened "inside" Africa. But even if they did not, that does not have anything to do with a lack of evolving, since all human groups (your races) are clearly capable of doing all things in all other races have done.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. Science has established how modern humans evolved outside of Africa. Science has declared that by what they have found in the earth regarding modern human settlements.
So don't believe science if that's your wish.

Location hidden

#24694 May 2, 2013
Nope.

The Bible is not a science book and understanding it is not a matter of your hyper-literalist all or nothing approach. There were no "unicorns" in the Bible for example, that was the KJV mistranslation of "uni-horned", which could have been a rhino. Yet the unicorn... a horse with a horn came out of it.

Yet you stupidly say what you say, and what/ You expect me to believe that unicorns existed?

No, no one is going to follow you down the path of ignorance. Whether it be your misunderstanding of "evolution" or your misunderstanding of translation.

"a MARK"

and "various interpretations of bible stories"...

when do you and your racist asshole perspective actually take responsibility for being wrong?

How is it EVERYTHING you believe in and speak of, somehow ends up defending the racist lie?

How is that uncommon unscientific, unscriptural, and irrationally interpreted excuse somehow kept alive in your postings? Time in and time out?

It's your way. You're biased, you're prejudiced, and you're clearly dishonest.

As far as colors go... I don't need to "prove" how Adam's descendents went from one color to another.

That is your biggest mistake.

You see, you are really trying to say "Prove that they came about some other way, lest I will hold on to the mark of cain on blacks as the way".

So again I can say this: Whatever errors you may find in the Bible, you will NOT find corrected in the Quran nor in the Book of Mormon.

No silly Mormon, I don't have to explain anything... I merely have to debunk your Muslim inspired, Baptist derived mark of cain crap for what it is. White racist lie garbage MADE UP to do nothing but justify oppressing blacks.

God had no hand in it, not through Cain, not through Canaan. And anyone that teaches otherwise, is simply following a 17th century perpetuated lie.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You either believe what the Bible teaches or you reject it. To do both is being a simplified hypocrite.
The Bible states the world, not a part of the world was flooded. So even if evidence doesn't exist, you either believe it in faith or you reject it as a myth and a lie as Dana does.
The Bible states from the flood to Jesus is about 1600 years. We know what skin colours/races/ethnic backgrounds existed 2000 years ago.
So let me explain this to you to help you understand the implications of your logic and the logic of others that is parallel to yours.
It doesn't matter what colour is claimed Adam and Eve were for those that believe by faith in what the Bible teaches.
It doesn't matter because according to those that believe in one colour and no mark of any other colour happened to help produce all other colours, a single colour would have than existed from Adam and Eve to Noah and his wife. Since other colours do exist, you have to show evidence of how all of humanity went from a single colour to several different colours in a 1600 year period to make a claim of what you say a single colour is correct from the beginning with no mark of another colour.
So begin Adam and Eve as black, as red, as yellow, as brown, as white, as tan or purple or any other colour. But after claiming that and being a faithful believe in the Bible, it is up to you to show how all the other colours came to be in just 1600 Bible years. It's your statement humans were a single colour for the first 2400 Bible years from Adam to the flood. As a Bible believer prove it.

Location hidden

#24695 May 2, 2013
Stupid man...

Dana didn't write a "book of garbage" and try to pass it off as an actual 2000 year old writing...

Dana didn't write a "book of Moses" and try to pass it off as a lost document moses was said to write.

Dana didn't try to rewrite the Bible and pass it off as a corrected version that God inspired her to write to fix errors in the current version.

Yea... you feel that burning in your forehead don't you?

Sssssssssssizzle....
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect instance of you not reading what was posted or reading what I posted to.
DANA, your bud Dana BELIEVES GENESIS IS A MYTH, A LIE, NOT TRUE, A WORK OF DELUDED THINKING. DANA STATED he believes Genesis is a myth.
Fricking read what was written please?????????

Location hidden

#24696 May 2, 2013
Not when God sets the rules that define what is and is not evil.

And by the way, regarding Dana... another thing to keep in mind:

Dana didn't profit by writing some crap, to make it look like someone else wrote it to prophesize about how great Dana is.

Dana didn't get her cousins and buddies to sign affadavits swearing to see this crap in golden plates that then dissappear.

Dana doesn't try to explain Native Americans and Blacks as products of curses and marks on skin...

Loser

Dana will learn or come to understand Genesis honestly at least. You, look at you...

Everything you can to try to make the Bible "just as incredible" (I mean this in a bad way) as the Book of Mormon.

The tired Mormon tactic. Try to latch the two together so that any critic bold enough to condemn the Book of Mormon will be forced to logically condemn the Bible as well.

Again stupid Mormon...

The Bible really WAS written over 2000 years ago.

The Book of Mormon PRETENDED to be written a thousand of years ago, but came about 147 years ago from the head of two or three con artists
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion, I agree. Though I understand your point, evil isn't a relative term. God has stated nothing evil exists in "God's heaven". Only good exists in
heaven. So good isn't relative as it exclude evil as an opposite. That gives it definition.

Location hidden

#24697 May 2, 2013
Of COURSE color doesn't matter!

how does it LOOK, for you to be defending a religion that denigrates skin colors, then come back saying

DUUH GEE COLOR DOESNT MATTER

Thats like me going on and on against strawberry ice cream, but then I say "oh gee all the flavors are just as good".

It be different if the BoM said "the darker skinned ones were THOUGHT to have been cursed, but in the end it came to be known that they were never cursed."

Or if the Pearl said "there has been a myth that the Kushites were cursed, from Cain and Canaan, and this would justify excluding them from the priesthood...but the word of God has overppowered these lies and the women of the Kusites, as any other race, marrying into a Levitical family have always known from the outset that their own children of Levites, yea even Phinehas, the Nubian, can join the priesthood.

See THAT is "color doesn't matter"
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha....
you go to another thread if you don't like hearing the truth.
Color doesn't matter.

Location hidden

#24698 May 2, 2013
You're still stuck on Joseph Smith, so why don't you start with the liar you think you know so well first.

Oh wait your reply will be "I never said I knew Joseph Smith"

No wait your reply is going to be "I wasn't going to say that either"
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person claims to believe in the Bible for three years, has posts stating that for three years, has posts where they have debated the truth of Genesis with those in disbelief, when a person announces after all that time Genesis is a myth, that they believe God began his chosen people being slaves to Egyptians, that person as Dana has proved they have left a lot out of how they actually believe.
Even Jesus referenced Genesis and so did other NT authors. So for Dana Jesus and those writers are false bearers and deluded to reference Genesis because he's decided it's a myth. And Jesus referenced a part of Genesis as being not a myth that Dana calls a myth. A myth is essentially a fabricated lie. So Jesus lied according to Dana and Dana takes Jesus as a savior.
So go figure that mess.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24699 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Of COURSE color doesn't matter!
how does it LOOK, for you to be defending a religion that denigrates skin colors, then come back saying
DUUH GEE COLOR DOESNT MATTER
Thats like me going on and on against strawberry ice cream, but then I say "oh gee all the flavors are just as good".
It be different if the BoM said "the darker skinned ones were THOUGHT to have been cursed, but in the end it came to be known that they were never cursed."
Or if the Pearl said "there has been a myth that the Kushites were cursed, from Cain and Canaan, and this would justify excluding them from the priesthood...but the word of God has overppowered these lies and the women of the Kusites, as any other race, marrying into a Levitical family have always known from the outset that their own children of Levites, yea even Phinehas, the Nubian, can join the priesthood.
See THAT is "color doesn't matter"
<quoted text>
You are a racist bigot... not me.

I did not speak for the Church. I spoke for myself. Color doesn't matter to me.

Location hidden

#24700 May 2, 2013
So I'm a racist bigot for what reason?

I do "not" think whites came from a curse
I do respect scientific facts
I do not base biblical narrative on European centered points of view 1700 years later.

You DEFEND the Mormon religion (it's not the Church, that's a Christian institution... your buildings you call temples).
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist bigot... not me.
I did not speak for the Church. I spoke for myself. Color doesn't matter to me.

Location hidden

#24701 May 2, 2013
Is that even the case when those accomplishments come at the expense of others, through treachery and deceit.

So you are part right. HOW you endure and HOW you accomplish.

Smith accomplished self aggrandizing success by lying and deciet. He reinvented himself to be something he truly was not. He lied man. He lied in what he wrote.

YEverytime you defend it, yes you show you are afraid of being black. You are afraid of the notion that blacks really mattered in shaping your beliefs about God. They weren't just following, they had a hand in setting in motion that which you consider holy and sacred now.

Not all of them were black, that's fine. But Phinehas was, Moses was, Nun was.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid of being black.
Color doesn't matter to me... what matters is how you endure and what you accomplish in this life.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24702 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
So I'm a racist bigot for what reason?
I do "not" think whites came from a curse
I do respect scientific facts
I do not base biblical narrative on European centered points of view 1700 years later.
You DEFEND the Mormon religion (it's not the Church, that's a Christian institution... your buildings you call temples).
<quoted text>
No, the Mormon Church has Churches and Temples.

You have a problem with white people... and you come in here accusing white people of being racist against black people.

You don't respect God, You don't respect people... You respect skin color that is black.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24703 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Is that even the case when those accomplishments come at the expense of others, through treachery and deceit.
So you are part right. HOW you endure and HOW you accomplish.
Smith accomplished self aggrandizing success by lying and deciet. He reinvented himself to be something he truly was not. He lied man. He lied in what he wrote.
YEverytime you defend it, yes you show you are afraid of being black. You are afraid of the notion that blacks really mattered in shaping your beliefs about God. They weren't just following, they had a hand in setting in motion that which you consider holy and sacred now.
Not all of them were black, that's fine. But Phinehas was, Moses was, Nun was.
<quoted text>
The only way to prove that is to have their specific bodies exhumed from their burial spots... and do scientific tests on their bodies.

However, there is no guarantee where their bodies are. You see?

Scientist can perform tests on all bodies found... but, there is nobody to prove or guarantee whose bodies they are performing tests on.

Location hidden

#24704 May 2, 2013
Clearly you're wrong.

First of all, I speak OF those whites that subscribe to to those racist notions.

Listen again - There is a so-called religion that claims that black people came from a curse. you don't call THAT crap racist, but my stand AGAINST IT?

You call THAT racist?

Are you FUCKING INSANE????
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Mormon Church has Churches and Temples.
You have a problem with white people... and you come in here accusing white people of being racist against black people.
You don't respect God, You don't respect people... You respect skin color that is black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,190,823
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 2 min Fox_Y_Fiends 571
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min scirocco 172,079
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 3 min barefoot2626 1,259
Hillary's foreign fundraising mess: Even the li... 5 min Gary 8
Netanyahu speech exposes partisan and diplomati... 5 min positronium 14
Scott Walker reverses immigration stance 6 min goonsquad 23
House leaders, Senate Democrats at odds over ho... 7 min goonsquad 3
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Agents of Corruption 312,772
Brrr! February brought record cold, snow to Nor... 29 min lol 10
Alexander pledges help if court blocks health l... 3 hr Why Bother 5
More from around the web