Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23781 Apr 19, 2013
1. The Bible plainly states that the gospel, with its
inclusion of Gentiles, was not fully revealed until
after Christ’s death.

Eph. 3:3-7 Paul writes: by revelation he made known unto
me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, whereby,
when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the
mystery of Christ) which in other ages was not made known
unto the sons of men as it is now revealed unto his holy
apostles and prophets by the Spirit; that the Gentiles should
be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his
promise in Christ by the gospel: whereof I was made a
minister....(See also Colossians 1:26; 1 Peter 1: 1-12;
Romans 16:25-26)

However, the Book of Mormon maintains that this
knowledge was had in 545 B.C.

2 Nephi 25:19 For according to the words of the prophets,
the Messiah cometh... his name shall be Jesus Christ, the
Son of God....(v. 23) For we labor ... to persuade ..
. our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled
to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved,
after all we can do.

2 Nephi 26:12 And as I spake concerning the convincing
of the Jews, that Jesus in the very Christ, it must needs be
that the Gentiles be convinced also that Jesus is the Christ,
the Eternal God;
2 Nephi 30:2 For behold, I say unto you that as many of the
Gentiles as will repent are the covenant people of the Lord;
and as many of the Jews as will not repent shall be cast off,
2 Nephi 31:17 For the gate by which ye should enter
is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a
remission of your sins by fire and the Holy Ghost.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23782 Apr 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/in dex.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0 &sourceId=52ae48bf641ab010 VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&v gnextoid=21bc9fbee98db010VgnVC M1000004d82620aRCRD
President Joseph F. Smith said that “Calvin, Luther, Melanchthon, and all reformers, were inspired in thoughts, words, and actions to accomplish what they did for the liberty, and advancement of the human race. They paved the way for the more perfect gospel of truth to come.”(Improvement Era,“Editor’s Table: Fountain of Truth,” June 1907, page 629.)
Joseph Smith said

My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right — and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong, and the personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in His sight: that those professors were all corrupt ..." (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 1, p. 5-6).

What is it that inspires professors of Christianity generally with a hope of salvation? It is that smooth, sophisticated influence of the devil, by which he deceives the whole world," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, p. 270.)

Brigham Young said...

"But He did send His angel to this same obscure person, Joseph Smith jun., who afterwards became a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, and informed him that he should not join any of the religious sects of the day, for they were all wrong," (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, 1855, p. 171).

John Taylor said ...

"We talk about Christianity, but it is a perfect pack of nonsense.... Myself and hundreds of the Elders around me have seen its pomp, parade, and glory; and what is it? It is a sounding brass and a tinkling symbol; it is as corrupt as hell; and the Devil could not invent a better engine to spread his work than the Christianity of the nineteenth century," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, 1858, p. 167).

"Where shall we look for the true order or authority of God? It cannot be found in any nation of Christendom," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, 1863, p. 127).

James Talmage said ...

"A self-suggesting interpretation of history indicates that there has been a great departure from the way of salvation as laid down by the Savior, a universal apostasy from the Church of Christ," (The Articles of Faith, Deseret Book Company, Salt Lake City, p. 182).

cont...
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23783 Apr 19, 2013
Bruce McConkie said ...

"With the loss of the gospel, the nations of the earth went into a moral eclipse called the Dark Ages," (Mormon Doctrine, Bookcraft, Salt Lake City, Utah, p. 44).

Joseph Fielding Smith said ...

"Again, following the death of his apostles, apostasy once more set in, and again the saving principles and ordinances of the gospel were changed to suit the conveniences and notions of the people. Doctrines were corrupted, authority lost, and a false order of religion took the place of the gospel of Jesus Christ, just as it had been the case in former dispensations, and the people were left in spiritual darkness," (Doctrines of Salvation, page 266).

The Book of Mormon says...

"And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth" (1 Nephi 14:10).

"And when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose foundation is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence..." (1 Nephi. 14:17).

The Doctrine and Covenants says ...

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face" (Doctrine and Covenants, 112:23).

No your LDS from its inception to now contradicts your assertion.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23784 Apr 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you contact the missionaries in your area and find out?
You are here and now why can't you answer them?

You brought the subject up I am only responding to your post that claims Jesus is our Spirit brother.

If you don't have an answer just say so.

I already have determined from your posts you don't really have an understanding of your faith other than how to regurgitate LDS propaganda.

It won't surprise me that you can't answer a question with out getting on the blower and asking some higher up how to answer the questions.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23785 Apr 19, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought the subject up I am only responding to your post that claims Jesus is our Spirit brother.
I already have determined from your posts you don't really have an understanding of your faith other than how to regurgitate LDS propaganda.
It won't surprise me that you can't answer a question with out getting on the blower and asking some higher up how to answer the questions.
http://lds.about.com/od/organizationsauxiliar...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23786 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW... just because you make a demand does not in any way shape or form mean I am obligated to answer you.

The only person I answer to on demand like that is God... and you have no clue what my understanding of anything is, so why don't you go stalk someone else.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23787 Apr 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is a bunch of subterfuge to distract from your embarrassment of your recent claims. Even if you are 100% correct in your claims about NoMo(in which I'm not claiming you are in any way, shape or form) it does not make Mormonism any less culpable of all the kids killed by it's teachings. NoMo is just one person. She doesn't own a church, doesn't claim to be receiving revelations from God, doesn't have millions conducting their lives based on her teachings, she is just a person going about her life. Mormonism, on the other hand is an evil institution destroying lives everyday with doctrine.
That, and I think she's hurt you feelings, and like a child you want to strike back.
Consider the following.
"Even if you are 100% correct in your claims about NoMo(in which I'm not claiming you are in any way, shape or form) it does not make Christianity any less culpable of all the kids killed by it's teachings."
Do a little research and see what you can find for homosexual kids that kill themselves because of their parents Christian teachings.
I want to see if your stats are like the one's I found.

lol...people like nomo don't hurt my feelings. You can think that all you want, please do, you will anyway. Nomo has a very dark heart filled with seething hate and anger for herself that she projects to dozens in just this thread. Do you really think a kind, caring, loving person would really say the thoughts she musters up from her black heart to type out to people here in just this thread? She's a fricking mental time bomb just waiting to blow.
Did you read all those statements she made I posted? She said those things with a real intent to hurt people's feelings. She wrote those statements hoping she'd make people so upset and pissed off so that they'd respond in kind so she could belittle them for responding back to her as she first wrote to them.
Yeah nomo has a good side like anyone. But it takes a dark black heart to think up the things she states to others with real intent to harm their emotions she hopes. Do you understand what type of a personality writes that crap with the hopeful purpose to injure other people's emotions? Do you? I'll put it in a generic term, a fricking mental case speaks the way she does with the hopeful intent to cause emotional harm to who she is speaking to.
Nomo doesn't say that crap as a joke. She doesn't say it to tease someone. She states it with the hopeful deliberate intent to do emotional harm to another.
I worked with people like her from 21 to 32. I counseled them. At 32 I was well steeled to people like her who said things with an intent to harm another's mental/emotional well being. Nomo has never hurt me emotionally...lol. I knew what she was when she went on the attack against me a long long time ago.
See, some people write stupid and are disrespectful like you were a lot of the time before because that was you. But people like nomo, people that say things with the intent to hopefully cause mental/emotional harm to another, that's a deep mental disorder and based in having been hurt at some past time. She projects that hurt in her comments. A normal thinking person would never, ever, even think of thinking the things she states from day to day in these threads to others.
By the way, moderate to strict Christian parents in America alone according to your logic are the cause for an unknown number of homosexual teens killing themselves. You'll find that out in your research if you research it.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23788 Apr 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Went to the site you posted, it does not answer one of my questions.

Questions not demands clearly you are struggling with the meaning of words in English. Is English not your first language ? I can change to French Spanish or Portuguese if you desire.

The website you posted is not even an LDS site.

Is your faith not Mormon?

Can you not show me in official LDS sites why Mormons believe Lucifer and Jesus are Spirit brothers?

Can you not show me in official LDS sites why my Mother God has not revealed herself to me, why I can not ask my Mother God for help in prayer? Why I can't remember My Mother God in heaven?

HOW CAN MY SISTER IN HEAVEN BE MY MOTHER ON EARTH???

WHEN I MARRIED MY WIFE WHO IS MY SISTER IN HEAVEN AND WE HAD SEX IS THAT SPIRITUAL INCEST???

WAS I BORN IN HEAVEN BEFORE MY FATHER ON EARTH WHO ALSO IS MY BROTHER??

IF MY MOTHER AND FATHER ON EARTH WERE FIRST MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN HEAVEN WHY DO THEY HAVE AUTHORITY OVER ME.

So if the LDS faith is the truth what you are saying is if I get married to my Heavenly Spirit Sister from heaven here on earth in an LDS temple I could potentially have eternal heavenly incest with my sister and populate a world just like Father God has???

Does my Mother God not love me as much as my Father God?

Did she Die?

Why can't I remember my Mother God in heaven,or Father God in heaven or my brothers Jesus and Lucifer in Heaven.

As I am white and not black why can I not remember that I chose to support Jesus when I was a Spirit in heaven before I received my Body?

Why was Jesus better than me in heaven? Is it because he was born in heaven before me. Did Father God love him more than you and me?
Did Father God not create us equal?

Can you not show me why you believe my Wife is my Spiritual Sister from heaven????

Surely that which you have put your eternal destiny in you are capable of explaining and showing this forum where in Mormon scripture it teaches that all on earth are brother and sisters with Lucifer and Jesus.

Unfortunately though the fact you believe in this in of itself shows you are not a Christian just Mormon.
Your Faith makes more questions and and answers none.

And in fact when you take LDS teachings to their rational conclusion you can see how illogical and ABSURD your faith is and clearly I can declare it is not Christian.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23789 Apr 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle my relationship with the Lord without your help,
I'm sure you can but you should really examine the "intent" part of your relationship with him, seems you're making up the rules as you go along in that relationship, just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23790 Apr 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to quote what is common knowledge about Mormonism. To get the highest rewards in Mormonism, you have to have a temple recommend and endure to the end. If you lose your temple recommend, you have lost your place in the Celestial Kingdom. That's Mormonism 101.
You're an idiot if you claim anything else. But you've been a jackass all day anyway, so we'll see just how far down ignorant street you want to run.
You're almost there but not quite. If you were sealed in the temple and lost your recommend for whatever reason and still do everything else you haven't lost (all) your celestial rewards.
You stated to lose a temple recommend was to lose salvation. That is where you knew that was wrong to state and you said it any way. Losing one's status in a specific level in Mormonism doesn't mean you have lost your salvation with Christ. It means you have lost a privilege/blessings to a level you once possibly had access to.
You should have known that difference and if you really didn't know that difference, you have just proved you really don't know as much about Mormonism 101 as you claim.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23791 Apr 19, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, got your wittle feelings hurt??
You can't hurt my feelings lol. I would have to be a really sad soul to be hurt by the dark filth you vomit from your heart to so many in just this thread.
I feel sorry for you. That's true.
I feel sad for you that you think the dark vicious things you say from your heart with the hopeful intent to do mental/emotional harm to people in these threads is how you have to be, I feel sad for you there.
I feel bad that you have obviously suffered one or more mental traumas in your past that causes you to project the dark language you use in hope of hurting people as maybe you were hurt.
But no, you have never ever hurt my emotions. I read you out within your first dozen antagonistic posts you wrote to me for disagreeing with how you viewed things.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#23792 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
He has no right to judge you yet you judge him for judging you!
LOL ROFL
Yet he never judged you he is judging your ideas your assertions of doctrine. You clearly are unable to think rationally or logically.
You appear to be incapable of making a statement that does not show your utter lack of education in theology or the study of the Bible.
It is really quite embarrassing for you, I suggest you go do a 4 year course in theology that forces you to do some kind of investigative process as your regurgitation of LDS brainwashing appears to be the cause of your utterly dumb, illogical posts.
Could you try and make one post in this thread that shows you have at least one cognitive functioning brain cell?
If not you might consider backing down and actually testing what you believe with rational cognitive thinking.
Just sayn not Judging You LOL ROFL
The insane can't stand it when you learn their game, and play it back better then they can. LOL!!!!

Marysville, CA

#23793 Apr 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're almost there but not quite. If you were sealed in the temple and lost your recommend for whatever reason and still do everything else you haven't lost (all) your celestial rewards.
You stated to lose a temple recommend was to lose salvation. That is where you knew that was wrong to state and you said it any way. Losing one's status in a specific level in Mormonism doesn't mean you have lost your salvation with Christ. It means you have lost a privilege/blessings to a level you once possibly had access to.
You should have known that difference and if you really didn't know that difference, you have just proved you really don't know as much about Mormonism 101 as you claim.
I've never met anybody who has wanted God's second best. When you take away a members temple recommend, you are taking away God's best in their minds.
Their salvation.

Marysville, CA

#23794 Apr 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you can but you should really examine the "intent" part of your relationship with him, seems you're making up the rules as you go along in that relationship, just saying.
Now, ask me if I care.

Marysville, CA

#23795 Apr 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't hurt my feelings lol. I would have to be a really sad soul to be hurt by the dark filth you vomit from your heart to so many in just this thread.
I feel sorry for you. That's true.
I feel sad for you that you think the dark vicious things you say from your heart with the hopeful intent to do mental/emotional harm to people in these threads is how you have to be, I feel sad for you there.
I feel bad that you have obviously suffered one or more mental traumas in your past that causes you to project the dark language you use in hope of hurting people as maybe you were hurt.
But no, you have never ever hurt my emotions. I read you out within your first dozen antagonistic posts you wrote to me for disagreeing with how you viewed things.
BS.

Marysville, CA

#23796 Apr 20, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you contact the missionaries in your area and find out?
In short, you don't have the answers.

Marysville, CA

#23797 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW to all these sites are updated with new material all the time check the out these sites all document their assertions with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and which are readily verifiable.
Because the Truth Matters not vial name callers
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/michaeldavis/d...
http://www.mrm.org/
http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/
http://www.utlm.org/
http://irr.org/
http://carm.org/
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/search/colle...
http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/index.h...
Excellent resources.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23798 Apr 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, you don't have the answers.
I did have the answer. I gave him a link. And, I told him to contact the missionaries in his area if he was interested.

Though, I know your not interested because your an insane pervert molester of the Gospel.

And, when someone proves the truth to you, you threaten to KILL Jesus Christ yourself, or start lying about scripture.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23799 Apr 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The insane can't stand it when you learn their game, and play it back better then they can. LOL!!!!
Yea, when I started giving you a dose of your own medicine. You sure didn't like it.

Then of course came illogical lies and insults.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23800 Apr 20, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I did have the answer. I gave him a link. And, I told him to contact the missionaries in his area if he was interested.
Though, I know your not interested because your an insane pervert molester of the Gospel.
And, when someone proves the truth to you, you threaten to KILL Jesus Christ yourself, or start lying about scripture.
Went to the site you posted, it does not answer one of my questions.

Questions not demands clearly you are struggling with the meaning of words in English. Is English not your first language ? I can change to French Spanish or Portuguese if you desire.

The website you posted is not even an LDS site.

Is your faith not Mormon?

Can you not show me in official LDS sites why Mormons believe Lucifer and Jesus are Spirit brothers?

Can you not show me in official LDS sites why my Mother God has not revealed herself to me, why I can not ask my Mother God for help in prayer? Why I can't remember My Mother God in heaven?

HOW CAN MY SISTER IN HEAVEN BE MY MOTHER ON EARTH???

WHEN I MARRIED MY WIFE WHO IS MY SISTER IN HEAVEN AND WE HAD SEX IS THAT SPIRITUAL INCEST???

WAS I BORN IN HEAVEN BEFORE MY FATHER ON EARTH WHO ALSO IS MY BROTHER??

IF MY MOTHER AND FATHER ON EARTH WERE FIRST MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN HEAVEN WHY DO THEY HAVE AUTHORITY OVER ME.

So if the LDS faith is the truth what you are saying is if I get married to my Heavenly Spirit Sister from heaven here on earth in an LDS temple I could potentially have eternal heavenly incest with my sister and populate a world just like Father God has???

Does my Mother God not love me as much as my Father God?

Did she Die?

Why can't I remember my Mother God in heaven,or Father God in heaven or my brothers Jesus and Lucifer in Heaven.

As I am white and not black why can I not remember that I chose to support Jesus when I was a Spirit in heaven before I received my Body?

Why was Jesus better than me in heaven? Is it because he was born in heaven before me. Did Father God love him more than you and me?
Did Father God not create us equal?

Can you not show me why you believe my Wife is my Spiritual Sister from heaven????

Surely that which you have put your eternal destiny in you are capable of explaining and showing this forum where in Mormon scripture it teaches that all on earth are brother and sisters with Lucifer and Jesus.

Unfortunately though the fact you believe in this in of itself shows you are not a Christian just Mormon.
Your Faith makes more questions and and answers none.

And in fact when you take LDS teachings to their rational conclusion you can see how illogical and ABSURD your faith is and clearly I can declare it is not Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Jay 228,653
News The Republican Party is dead 11 min Quirky 1,798
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min OzRitz 60,111
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 14 min hendrix888 3,488
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 19 min Rosa_Winkel 20,096
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 23 min River Tam 13,112
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Dr Guru 216,864
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 29 min Quirky 388,209
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min OzRitz 1,395,640
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 1 hr davy 1,185
More from around the web