Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
108,481 - 108,500 of 114,571 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do waves of energy travel throughout our Earth as well? Theoretically, could the Earth outer core be a liquid like salt water and the inner core be just ionized molecules from it's pressured movement about in the outer core? The statement in scripture about the fountains of the great deep as well as other claims about the Earth being made of water, leads me to believe water is under the crust in abundance.
Apparently it is. Still doesn't support a global flood. What do you think would happen to the crust if all that water had been removed?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do waves of energy travel throughout our Earth as well? Theoretically, could the Earth outer core be a liquid like salt water and the inner core be just ionized molecules from it's pressured movement about in the outer core? The statement in scripture about the fountains of the great deep as well as other claims about the Earth being made of water, leads me to believe water is under the crust in abundance.
We found a high water flood ring mark, on the inside of thy head.
The untimely global flud myth's demise was greatly exaggerated .
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it is. Still doesn't support a global flood. What do you think would happen to the crust if all that water had been removed?
Maybe just some of the salt water was moved above the crust when the great deep was broken up. The whole outer core may consist of it in a pressured environment.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a graduate of a well respected American University (engineering major) and have enjoyed a wonderful career as a result of my hard work and education. How about you big talker?
I am not out to destroy anything.
BTW evolution is not a legit field of science like biology or genetics or archeology, if it were people would be able to make a living as an evolutionist which is not going to happen. We simply do not have enough information at this point to know the origin of life.
Do you consider the School of Divinity at major universities to be a legitimate academic pursuit? Because from where I sit you seek to destroy that area of education.
Tattle, jabber, tootle, bla bla rattle......

"evolution is not a legit field of science like biology or genetics or archeology"
n case you didn't notice: evolution IS a theory produced by biology and genetics, IDIOT

......jabber, sob, muddle, flop, blubber......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe just some of the salt water was moved above the crust when the great deep was broken up. The whole outer core may consist of it in a pressured environment.
How about the fact there is no evidence within the range of human existence... AKA the last 200,000 years that even hints at a period of flooding that covered the Earth?
The flood water high water mark is on the inside of your HEAD!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "intent"?
Actually yes there is.
Natural "selection" demonstrates intent.
Whether "selective" behavior results from elements that lack consciousness it is a disposition called a disposition and when it involves conscious factors it is a will).
<quoted text>
Are you saying or asking?
Better take that cigarette out of your mouth before you try to jump that hurdle.

A moderately interesting and data-less opinion you have.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> How about the fact there is no evidence within the range of human existence... AKA the last 200,000 years that even hints at a period of flooding that covered the Earth?
The flood water high water mark is on the inside of your HEAD!
Since 70% of the Earth's surface is now covered with water, the most of the flood is still with us.
Ozzie

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

actually.. in my life. the importance was.. where i was going. not from where i was..

corse i'm drunk. and i see a monkey riding a elephant ..

just oz.

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The outer core of the earth being liquid salt water is impossible due to the basic physical observation showing that rock can't float on water. In case you didn't notice.

The composition of the outer core is already known to a high degree. It is mainly composed of rock. Close to the surface it is solidified. Deeper, the rock is molten in a viscous or, deeper, a more liquid state. That's why so now and then we see lava pouring out or volcanoes erupting. In case you didn't notice.

The composition of the inner core is mainly an iron-nickel alloy and some gold, platinum and other siderophile elements. The iron accounts for the earth's magnetic field.

The statement in scripture about the fountains leading to a worldwide flood is complete caboodle form bronze age goat shepherds. It not only lacks geological evidence but even is directly contradicted by the geological records and stratification.

200 years ago English geologists settled this matter, many of them creationists.
They just looked into the geological evidence (provided by deep mining and the construction of canals) and after two or three glances decided "no flood".

There is, however, a question to the Americans here on this forum burning on my lips: HOW COME that adult persons do not know this very simplest of simplest elementary 101 basic things about the world around us and how things work? WHAT IS WRONG with your education system?

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Since 70% of the Earth's surface is now covered with water, the most of the flood is still with us.
The bible says: all the mountains were covered with the flood water plus 15 cubits surplus.
All the mountains include Mount Everest.
To cover mount Everest needs 2.5 times the total amount of water on the planet, on the surface as well as the known pockets of water in the outer mantle.
WHERE did all that water go?

And you need to be schooled in logic as well:
How flat the earth may be, you cannot flood the earth using the water that already exists. If there is dry land anywhere, then that means you need to have ADDITIONAL water coming from somewhere else. The entire reason that there is dry land is precisely because there isn't enough water to cover it up.

Well, isn't THAT of a big surprise, isn't it.
I have some more amazing things:

The amazing thing about "sea level" is that it is the lowest you can go and still be on the "surface". Water necessarily rushes downhill to the lowest level it can get, that is: sea level. Thus, dry land is necessarily above and beyond what the water can cover.

WOW!

Welcome in the NEXT century.
Which in your case is the 5th BC.

It is astonishing how we still have to learn THIS VERY ELEMENTARY reasoning and logic to ADULTS.

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

Ozzie wrote:
actually.. in my life. the importance was.. where i was going. not from where i was..
corse i'm drunk. and i see a monkey riding a elephant ..
just oz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-jPg2M1UYgUXX
If you don't see the elephant riding the monkey, there might be still hope for you.
Ahum.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The outer core of the earth being liquid salt water is impossible due to the basic physical observation showing that rock can't float on water. In case you didn't notice.
The composition of the outer core is already known to a high degree. It is mainly composed of rock. Close to the surface it is solidified. Deeper, the rock is molten in a viscous or, deeper, a more liquid state. That's why so now and then we see lava pouring out or volcanoes erupting. In case you didn't notice.
The composition of the inner core is mainly an iron-nickel alloy and some gold, platinum and other siderophile elements. The iron accounts for the earth's magnetic field.
The statement in scripture about the fountains leading to a worldwide flood is complete caboodle form bronze age goat shepherds. It not only lacks geological evidence but even is directly contradicted by the geological records and stratification.
200 years ago English geologists settled this matter, many of them creationists.
They just looked into the geological evidence (provided by deep mining and the construction of canals) and after two or three glances decided "no flood".
There is, however, a question to the Americans here on this forum burning on my lips: HOW COME that adult persons do not know this very simplest of simplest elementary 101 basic things about the world around us and how things work? WHAT IS WRONG with your education system?
So you think you know what the Earth's core is made of. Do you know where the salt in the oceans came from?

the Earth Clod

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe just some of the salt water was moved above the crust when the great deep was broken up. The whole outer core may consist of it in a pressured environment.
Of yes, solid rock can float on water.
Ahum.

Again the question to the Americans on this forum here: can anyone explain how come that in the 21st century adults are still producing bronze age caboodle like this? Tell me what is wrong with your education system.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says: all the mountains were covered with the flood water plus 15 cubits surplus.
To cover mount Everest needs 2.5 times the total amount of water on the planet, on the surface as well as the known pockets of water in the outer mantle.
How flat the earth may be, you cannot flood the earth using the water that already exists. If there is dry land anywhere, then that means you need to have ADDITIONAL water coming from somewhere else. The entire reason that there is dry land is precisely because there isn't enough water to cover it up.
The amazing thing about "sea level" is that it is the lowest you can go and still be on the "surface". Water necessarily rushes downhill to the lowest level it can get, that is: sea level. Thus, dry land is necessarily above and beyond what the water can cover.
WOW!
It is astonishing how we still have to learn THIS VERY ELEMENTARY reasoning and logic to ADULTS.
Could the earthquakes which must have occurred when the breaking up happened, have made a great continental movement which caused all the land to be covered ? Just saying.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!
There are plenty of dry land areas with elevations below sea level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_places_o...

Stick to no flood for your argument about sea level holds no water. No pun intended.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Since 70% of the Earth's surface is now covered with water, the most of the flood is still with us.
Ha ha hah ha...

Water is 0.02% of the total mass of the Earth.
Two one hundredths.
At what point does this become a majority?

thats

**to**********
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of yes, solid rock can float on water.
Ahum.
Again the question to the Americans on this forum here: can anyone explain how come that in the 21st century adults are still producing bronze age caboodle like this? Tell me what is wrong with your education system.
What is wrong with people like you who can not understand that the current understanding of what the core is made of is just a hypothesis which may or may not be correct? Can rock form a solid which surrounds a pressured liquid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>So you think you know what the Earth's core is made of. Do you know where the salt in the oceans came from?

That's an easy question, are you sure you are ready for this class?
HAGER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an easy question, are you sure you are ready for this class?
Most salt comes from beneath the crust.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2014

HAGER wrote:
<quoted text>Most salt comes from beneath the crust.
from the mantel? really? who told you this? why did you believe them?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••