Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221400 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#101247 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I must be confused. How did I get that science did not think a comet could survive passing through the suns corona? Oh yea by what they say.
Scientists mystified how Comet Lovejoy survived 2 million degree K temperature pass through Sunís corona.
A small comet survived what astronomers figured would be a sure death when it danced uncomfortably close to the broiling Sun. Comet Lovejoy, which was only discovered a couple of weeks ago, was supposed to melt Thursday night when it came close to where temperatures hit several million degrees. They were then shocked when a bright spot emerged on the Sunís other side. Lovejoy lived.
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
Odd that the word "mystified" appears neither in this article (other than the title) nor in the related CBC article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/comet-survi...

Surprised or delighted maybe. But 'mystified' sounds more spookier, huh?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101248 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible lines are imaginary Charles, because we...humans made them up , and they exist only in our minds to represent something.
Are you conceding that god is the same thing?
Of course, but they do exist, what about the date lines, where either gain or lose a day? Is that not a reality? Can you physically see those date lines?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101249 Oct 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are.
<quoted text>
Not magic. Science. Try it sometime.
<quoted text>
Obsessed? Funny. You're that one obsessed with "the earth can do anything".
Please cite the ice age that occurred within this region and time-frame.
Try science sometime? lol...And you do? You're the one sponsoring the science of a desert that's 'supposedly' been free of water in places for 100,000 years. Yet you didn't read the science left out and excluded that certain glacial periods have affected this high desert area like other near by mountainous areas with glacial/snow bound runoff within your 100,000 year time line? You prove what you don't know. Nuff said.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#101250 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Since those lines exist, that people can not see. God almighty also exist.
But they donít exist, what is so difficult to understand?

Location hidden

#101251 Oct 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
All those examples you posted above are tools made by and employed by MAN.
Much like the concept of a Supreme Being.
The difference being we can detect longitudes, latitudes, equators, and meridians.
Dreaming again! But those lines are imaginary and do realistic things just like what the almighty creator are doing. Just admit the truth, budy.

Location hidden

#101252 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hiya Kong lol hope everything is going swell in Fla.
Charles cracks me up big time.
I can use my imagination as physical evidence today...
um I imagine I can..... yep! LOL!
Foul ! You can detect those imaginary lines but can not detect God. Get a clue about spiritual matters because, he exist.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101253 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you relay on anonymous blogs with distinctly godcentric tilts to their postings for your information?
Hnnm this does explain a lot
How many would you like?

http://www.space.com/13959-doomed-comet-lovej...

http://www.space.com/13963-comet-lovejoy-lose...

I would give you one from NASA but like our government, they are shut down.

Location hidden

#101254 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As will you. Always remember that every time you pretend to be all high and mighty to us.
With all humility, my ancestors were very poor. But you started the insults , by calling the ancient israelites goat herders,

#101255 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, but they do exist, what about the date lines, where either gain or lose a day? Is that not a reality? Can you physically see those date lines?
They are conceptual ideas to aid humanity. They are not physical barriers, you are assuming that because people can think then your god must exist?

If wake up in the morning and think of a bacon sandwich for breakfast, does that automatically make the bacon (or bread) my god of the day?

Nope..

The logic of your statement which is basically if apples then pairs does not follow

Location hidden

#101256 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We did. God didn't make the Earth flat. And God didn't bother to tell us it wasn't either.(shrug)
You can thank science for that. And thank science for your computer too, but you won't because you're a hypocrite.
Hypocrite? Who gave you the brain to think creatively, is it science? No! Just admit your errors and move on.

#101257 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How many would you like?
http://www.space.com/13959-doomed-comet-lovej...
http://www.space.com/13963-comet-lovejoy-lose...
I would give you one from NASA but like our government, they are shut down.
Perhaps you could have though of that before and saved us both the bother.

However you seem to be acknowledging that science learns by progress. Well done.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101258 Oct 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that the word "mystified" appears neither in this article (other than the title) nor in the related CBC article.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/comet-survi...
Surprised or delighted maybe. But 'mystified' sounds more spookier, huh?
Yeah they use quotes like "astronomers figured it would be a sure death" and "was supposed to melt" and "none had ever survived" but you just focus on that one word of mystified.

Location hidden

#101259 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's right there in the Bible. Your only excuse is that they said one thing but you "know" that they meant something completely different.
<quoted text>
I did. That's why I don't believe in talking donkeys and lizards like in the Bible.
Talking lizard or not. That does not change who God is and what he can do.

#101260 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> With all humility, my ancestors were very poor. But you started the insults , by calling the ancient israelites goat herders,
No insult, its fact, evidential fact, goat herders and escaped slaves. The babble tells you that, are you saying the babble is insulting?

Or perhaps you believe they were world financiers and government officials

#101261 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hypocrite? Who gave you the brain to think creatively, is it science? No! Just admit your errors and move on.
TimeÖ why do godbots always ignore time?

Location hidden

#101262 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Those lines are arbitrary.
Just like your God.
Who cares! The issue is that, they exist just like the almighty do.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#101263 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Since those lines exist, that people can not see. God almighty also exist.
<batshit crazy AND a drooling twit>

Location hidden

#101264 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not lie, two reasons, I have no god to lie for and my personal morality forbids it.
I have no tolerance for lies and I have no tolerance for deliberate ignorance
And certainly no tolerance for the lying ignorance of guess and BS merchants
So you loose out on all counts.
Says who, you? Lol. Like i have said, do you know your tomorrow? The answer is no, but certainly that tomorrow must come. That is where God comes in. You lose again.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#101265 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, but they do exist, what about the date lines, where either gain or lose a day? Is that not a reality? Can you physically see those date lines?
Holy crap! You're working the stupid extra hard today Chuck

Location hidden

#101266 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no argument with that, I know precisely what will happen to the atoms of my body for 3 trillion years after I die while you dream of eternity in heaven. Of course you have no concept of the meaning of eternity while looking at your watch to see if itís time to go to church. A contradiction you are incapable of understanding
The issue on this is that, no one can beat the almighty. Your rants like every others, is waste of energy and time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Jay 265,630
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,523,962
News Note to Denver police chief: illegal immigratio... 6 min Quirky 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Larrys Woffie Dog 293
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 15 min 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 11
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 16 min Ms Sassy 432
News Donald Trump on first 100 days: It's a differen... 34 min Jim-ca 125
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 2 hr spocko 240
More from around the web