Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
94,101 - 94,120 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i clearly asked if you had any evidence of this creative energy. all my talk of proven myths was in regard to religious cults.
As you prefer. I already answered that one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
God has big hands, but they can only hold down so much. As the population of the Earth goes up, he lets up a little more, and that is why people are getting taller.
It's probably also why they're getting fatter.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>All you have to do now is explain how the asteroid came to exist.
Goddidit with magik

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>As you prefer. I already answered that one.
yes. back when i asked that and in no way included your creative energy in with the man made religious cults that have been proven to be myths. i remember, but thanks for the recap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And it does.
This tiny little insignificant planet does not really matter in the grand scheme of things.
The grand scheme of things won't get me any closer to an Entenmann's chocolate donut. For that I'll have to rely on my neighborhood grocer on this little insignificant planet.
In short, significance is measured not by size, but by it's impact on your needs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes. back when i asked that and in no way included your creative energy in with the man made religious cults that have been proven to be myths. i remember, but thanks for the recap.
Just for clarity's sake, my "creative energy" theory is just that, a theory, and thus I can't offer you proof. If I could, I'd be sitting on a mountaintop, with a bottle of Kingfisher, and pontificating in an Indian accent.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The grand scheme of things won't get me any closer to an Entenmann's chocolate donut. For that I'll have to rely on my neighborhood grocer on this little insignificant planet.
In short, significance is measured not by size, but by it's impact on your needs.
My girlfriend raves about those things from when she was a kid in Chicago...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Goddidit with magik
Why didn't you say so in the first place? I knew magic was somehow involved, and now you have identified the Magician. Hozzanahs in the hiney!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My girlfriend raves about those things from when she was a kid in Chicago...
Your girlfriend is clearly a discerning individual. Still, one needn't be from Chicago to love Entenmann's, or to be Jewish to love Levy's.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your girlfriend is clearly a discerning individual. Still, one needn't be from Chicago to love Entenmann's, or to be Jewish to love Levy's.
I had never heard of them. but then i don't eat many donuts and such things...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I had never heard of them. but then i don't eat many donuts and such things...
A man who doesn't appreciate a good donut is not to be trusted. Enjoy your wheatgrass and mashed yeast.
Step-n-Fetch This

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Which would black people come from, evolution or creation because the way they're born is, when someone poops in the woods, maggots form in the poop and then some of the maggots become negroes.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>A man who doesn't appreciate a good donut is not to be trusted. Enjoy your wheatgrass and mashed yeast.
Ewww! pretty much just the balanced diet i grew up with. meat, potatoes and veggies.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

JBH wrote:
OBAMA IS THE BIGGEST LOSER OF ALL TIMES.
OBAMA LOOKS VERY BAD AND is being VIEWED POORLY IN THE SHOWING DURING G-20 SUMMIT.
Obama is tremendously being put down.

Obama is already damned and downed in Russia's G-20 Summit.
Obama is already downgraded and burnt in boiling water deep trouble. Obama has fear as a downout loser coming out from G-20.

Pictures show when Putin is looking at the G-20 Summit people in the line up, Obama is very afraid of Putin, by trying to close his eyes by being scared, while some others just laugh, like Germany's Merkel.

Obama could have fainted when Putin keeps the focus on rejecting and disapproving, as if denouncing Obama.

Obama talks as if he does not know what is going on, while communicates in lost term that he knows he is a degrading person not making it all the way.

Obama is totally bruised and feels burnt out in Russia, that he has become as a frightened freak.
You need to choose your words better.

"OBAMA IS THE BIGGEST LOSER OF ALL TIMES."

He has won many elections including the presidency twice. He has millions and millions of backers.

He is no loser and no dummy.
Your opinion that he is not currently doing or acting the way you would that I would understand.

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is quite so easy for life to arise. If it was, then wouldn't we have lifeforms that are not related to us with DNA?
Yeah, that's just scientists doing their thing.

If this DNA or DNA precursor have been/are floating around the galaxy and causing occasional lifeforms to blossom....maybe we and the aliens share DNA.:-)

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>What I don't need is your patronizing tone. You don't seem to understand that a theory of a "creative energy" can exist quite independently from any religious idea of Creationism. I believe that the bible is essentially a bunch of hokum that actually prevents a search of our origins. It does not discover any truths, so it just makes them up.
Why you continue to insist that a theory of a creative initiator must rely on biblical teachings is beyond me. My thoughts on the matter have nothing to do with religion or the bible. It fact, they are antithetical to those beliefs, and are certainly not based on "myths".
With regard to your interpretation of atheism, if you mean it is a position that says the burden of proof is on those who claim there is a deity, I can accept that definition. If it goes on to claim with smug certainty that such a deity does not exist, that is intellectually unacceptable.
Finally, I get the sense that you believe your thoughts on the matter are somehow more perceptive than mine. If that is the case, I think the cosmos can get along quite well without our debates.
Interesting....what are your beliefs regarding the beginnings of our world and humanity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....what are your beliefs regarding the beginnings of our world and humanity?
If you wish to take the trouble, my beliefs, such as they are, can be seen in my recent posts.
Why not tell me your beliefs?

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That was taken from this article written 04/07/09 and the one you posted was written 04/13/09. The link to the original is after the last paragraph in the one you posted.
Humans and Aliens Might Share DNA Roots
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/04/the...
They just keep falling from the sky.:-)

"Scientists have discovered unexpected ingredients for life — organic molecules never seen before in meteorites — inside a chunk of space rock that fell to Earth over California last year, scientists say.

The discovery comes from an analysis of the so-called Sutter's Mill meteorite, which lit up the California night sky with a dazzling fireball in April 2012. Meteorite fragments from the event may shed light on the primordial ooze that helped give rise to life on Earth, researchers said.

http://news.yahoo.com/meteorite-brought-surpr...

I'm waiting until they have more data
Agent 010

Suva, Fiji

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
They just keep falling from the sky.:-)
"Scientists have discovered unexpected ingredients for life — organic molecules never seen before in meteorites — inside a chunk of space rock that fell to Earth over California last year, scientists say.
The discovery comes from an analysis of the so-called Sutter's Mill meteorite, which lit up the California night sky with a dazzling fireball in April 2012. Meteorite fragments from the event may shed light on the primordial ooze that helped give rise to life on Earth, researchers said.
http://news.yahoo.com/meteorite-brought-surpr...
I'm waiting until they have more data
Here's the data:

http://bit.ly/16eabEW

http://bit.ly/1avTkBM

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Agent 010 above is pure spam....stay away

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••