Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171567 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85619 Apr 10, 2013
Men want to bring glory unto themselves, when none of us are really worthy of it. We should try to bring honor to our Creator and his Son Jesus. Worthy of all praise is the lamb of God, who was given in sacrifice for the atonement of man and for all the work of God.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85620 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I gather you do not think Creation happened, correct?
As described in your book of myths and fables, no.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85621 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Men want to bring glory unto themselves, when none of us are really worthy of it. We should try to bring honor to our Creator and his Son Jesus. Worthy of all praise is the lamb of God, who was given in sacrifice for the atonement of man and for all the work of God.
How nice for you. I am worthy of what ever "glory" I can attain. I do not need nor do I care to bow down to any man made "creator". MMMMM... lamb. You've given me an idea for dinner. Thanks.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85622 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>How nice for you. I am worthy of what ever "glory" I can attain. I do not need nor do I care to bow down to any man made "creator". MMMMM... lamb. You've given me an idea for dinner. Thanks.
Vanity
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85623 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>As described in your book of myths and fables, no.
The Creator is the God of the Bible and he did send his beloved only begotten Son to suffer and die for you and me. To think we are something as compared to God, is high conceit.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85624 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Vanity
No. A sense of accomplishment.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85625 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Creator is the God of the Bible and he did send his beloved only begotten Son to suffer and die for you and me. To think we are something as compared to God, is high conceit.
According to your book of myths.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85626 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>According to your book of myths.
According to the greatest book of truth ever written.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85627 Apr 10, 2013
How can any of us boast in a vacuous or pompous way, when the few years we have on earth are barely visible like vapor when compared to everything God has created?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85628 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>According to the greatest book of truth ever written.
According to your cult.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85629 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
How can any of us boast in a vacuous or pompous way, when the few years we have on earth are barely visible like vapor when compared to everything God has created?
That's one why of looking at it... if you've been brainwashed to believe such nonsense.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85630 Apr 10, 2013
Free Servant, I stopped trying to have an intelligent conversation with these atheists, I followed Solomon's advice where he says do not argue with a fool in his folly lest you make him wise in his own eyes. They will see one day God is real and when they do it will be eternally too late.

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#85631 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The devil and his angels have enslaved as many as they can. The Bible tells us there is a bottomless pit where the fire is never quenched and it is prepared for Satan and his fallen angels. Every person has been given a way of escape from that awful place of torment and faith in Jesus is the way to eternal life in the kingdom of heaven.
Gee, I'm scared!
You say that EVERY person has been given a way of escape.
I don't see how we can escape, though.
We have learned that science has made discoveries that seem to contradict the stories in the Bible.
Is there some way that science can be proven wrong?
Or is there some way that scientific discoveries could be reconciled with the Bible?
Please answer me quick because I'm scared!

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#85632 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Jesus said his followers can do all things through faith in him. We will have the freedom to have the things our hearts dsire in the kingdom of heaven and Jesus said with this kind of faith we can speak to mountains and they will obey.
If you can speak to mountains and they will obey,
then it should be a simple matter for you to speak to all of us and convert us all to Creationism.
Let's see you do it.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85633 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I stopped trying to have an intelligent conversation with these atheists, I followed Solomon's advice where he says do not argue with a fool in his folly lest you make him wise in his own eyes. They will see one day God is real and when they do it will be eternally too late.
Well bless your heart! I choose to live in the real world thank you.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85634 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Well bless your heart! I choose to live in the real world thank you.
I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85635 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Thank you and I believe they have a chance, as long as they are living. God is not willing that any should perish and go to that place that is prepared for the Devil and his angels. I feel sadness for them. God Bless.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85636 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Me too.

I always have spaghetti and meatballs on Friday and never forget the sacramental beer and Parmesan cheese.

rAmen.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85637 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Science claim the universe has an age?
A date that the universe started?
By universe I do mean universe as per the definition of the word.
You don't need scientific definitions because scientific definitions are irrelevant to fundies anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85638 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
I know you don't "know" Christ.
It's okay, you don't know Christ either. After all, the guy is dead. And may not even have existed at all in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Majority wants Congress to reject Iran deal 1 min Synque 26
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,262,028
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Quirky 336,230
News Texas Fights Suit After Denying Birth Certifica... 1 min ronnie 130
Nitish kumar will be the next chief minister. 1 min amar kushwaha 1
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 1 min Pattysboi 13
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min HILLARY 2016 189,789
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 1 min tomin cali 49
News Hillary Clinton on emails: 'The facts are prett... 1 min Shinichiro Takizawa 87
More from around the web