Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199194 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Mary Magdalena

United States

#84810 Apr 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>The first is a questionable claim.

How is the second a lie?

You do realize that you have in effect claimed evidence for the existence of god.

Please tell us.
You do realize that evidence is not the same as total proof don't you?

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84811 Apr 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Things can happen faster than light, the speed of light is the speed light travels through a vacuum, and E=MC^2 tells us matter will never be able to quite reach that speed. But we know space itself is expanding faster than light. And that Quantum decoherence and entanglement is faster than light. In fact entanglement is so fast, future entangled events can affect the past.
Yes I agree and it's very evident in the case of mr. tick losing his Intelligence.

M&M
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#84812 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
M&M
You DO realize that science does not EVER "totally prove things," right?

Seriously, have you even gone to college?

I see someone is going to have to explain the scientific method to you. Plus the meaning of "scientific theory."

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#84813 Apr 4, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO realize that science does not EVER "totally prove things," right?
Seriously, have you even gone to college?
I see someone is going to have to explain the scientific method to you. Plus the meaning of "scientific theory."
It wouldn't help , she / um (what ever it is)
believes to be possessed by the spirit of GAWD.
Better call an exorcist or something, or give her Thorazine.
Maybe a Valium and a padded cell.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84814 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"crazies who call themselves Christians"
You calling people like Hitler Christians does not make it so.
Crazies who call themselves Christians does not mean they are.
When I refer to Christians I am referring to real Christians not your crazes.
Kong was wrong about Christian Dominionists as you also are.
M&M
They are Christians. And Hitler was a Christian too.

You are using the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Just because they don't measure up to your standards of what a Christian is does not mean that they are not Christians.

If you want to claim that Kong and I are wrong you need to prove it. I do believe that Kong included a link that showed you are wrong.

Everett, WA

#84815 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
M&M
Yes, of course. Woodtick said there was no evidence for god and you called that lie. Logically that means you are claiming there is evidence for god.

So let's see it. Or don't you understand logic either?

Everett, WA

#84816 Apr 4, 2013
Yes, I was right.

MM, on the previous page you called this claim of woodtick's a lie:

"no person alive has ever given a shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses."

Do you realize that by calling that a lie you are in effect claiming there is evidence given by someone somewhere and who is still alive today that there is evidence for the existence of god.

So one more time: Where is that evidence?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#84818 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Challenge my defense or positions if you can.
Why death, when we don't want to?
How did the universe came into form?
Beats the shit outta me.

Still not evidence for your deity, though.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84819 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You should see a doctor.
M&M
A neuroscientist would know.

Science questions the God spot in the brain. ;-)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Such efforts to reveal the neural correlates of the divine—a new discipline with the warring titles “neurotheology” and “spiritual neuroscience”—not only might reconcile religion and science but also might help point to ways of eliciting pleasurable otherworldly feelings in people who do not have them or who cannot summon them at will. Because of the positive effect of such experiences on those who have them, some researchers speculate that the ability to induce them artificially could transform people’s lives by making them happier, healthier and better able to concentrate.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84820 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong at all. I still haven't forgotten the fact that you **lied** some months back when you claimed historical references supported the existence of Jesus. Some of us then pointed out your errors and you were unable to address them. You just ignored it and moved onto something else.
No Ducky, you are getting it wrong.
I have read and watched both religious, secular and scientific books and films( comics) about Jesus, and i have found out that he actually existed, don't be dishonest with your assertions.
There were Jewish conspiracies, that was why Jesus stories were not recorded during his life time on earth.

Location hidden

#84821 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong at all. I still haven't forgotten the fact that you **lied** some months back when you claimed historical references supported the existence of Jesus. Some of us then pointed out your errors and you were unable to address them. You just ignored it and moved onto something else.
Like i said, there were Jewish conspiracies, they used the Romans to perpetrate their evils, but the same Romans under Constantine , actually saw the need to reveal the truth, paved the way for Christianity to spread, this would never have happened if Jesus Christ is un-real.
Waiting for your response!

Location hidden

#84822 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, Mr. Ducky!
Jesus Christ, is the very base of Christianity. If truly his existence is false, there would be nothing like Christianity today. Evidence 2.
And again, the same Roman power, that the Jews used, paved the way for the gospel under Constantine. Evidence 3.

Location hidden

#84823 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This is irony of the highest order.
In continuation, if truly according to you, Jesus never existed. People of historical importance would not have talked and wrote about him.
Pliny the Eldest and some others witnessed him, and he passed it, to his dear relative, Pliny the Young, who talked about Christ and his followers.

Location hidden

#84824 Apr 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you got this part right...
" There is nothing he can do. "
heheheh
That was an error and you know that.
Yup yup yup!
You are wrong!

Location hidden

#84825 Apr 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are trying to say he is at least smarter than you?
Don't under- estimate your Creator, he is the owner of your life.
You may never understand this.

Location hidden

#84826 Apr 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Beats the shit outta me.
Still not evidence for your deity, though.
Likewise.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#84827 Apr 5, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
This would apply to only atheist because atheist claim there is no such thing as sin.
I don't know a single atheist who claims there is no such thing as sin. Just more bullshit bigot propaganda from self righteous religious zombies.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#84828 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In continuation, if truly according to you, Jesus never existed. People of historical importance would not have talked and wrote about him.
Pliny the Eldest and some others witnessed him, and he passed it, to his dear relative, Pliny the Young, who talked about Christ and his followers.
Pliny the Elder, born in AD 23, in Italy. Given Jesus' birth date of 4 BC (possibly 6 BC) and his death at the age of 33, that means Pliny would have been six years old (possibly 4) when Jesus was crucified.

A six year old boy living more than thousand miles away does not sound like much of a witness to me. Whether later in life he heard of this new cult of Jesus is another question. But Pliny was no Jesus witness.

This stretching of the truth to support your hopes that Jesus was well documented merely shows up the fact that he was not.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#84829 Apr 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a single atheist who claims there is no such thing as sin. Just more bullshit bigot propaganda from self righteous religious zombies.
There is no such thing as "sin". "Sins" are immoral acts according to religious belief and morality is subjective.

Location hidden

#84830 Apr 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pliny the Elder, born in AD 23, in Italy. Given Jesus' birth date of 4 BC (possibly 6 BC) and his death at the age of 33, that means Pliny would have been six years old (possibly 4) when Jesus was crucified.
A six year old boy living more than thousand miles away does not sound like much of a witness to me. Whether later in life he heard of this new cult of Jesus is another question. But Pliny was no Jesus witness.
This stretching of the truth to support your hopes that Jesus was well documented merely shows up the fact that he was not.
That still does'nt count, like i said, people of historical importance like them wrote and talked about Christ. Like i earlier said, there were Jewish conspiracies, using the Roman strong holds to stop the whole Jesus issue, that was why there was no proper documentation after his death on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Woj 216,523
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min PROPHECY BIBLE 1,394,638
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min Memo From Turner 3,165
News Julian Castro says he's not being vetted for vi... 5 min CNN 10
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 5 min Whitepeopleforthewin 114
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 6 min gritz 238
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 7 min spocko 1,250
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 8 min gritz 91
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min woodtick57 387,865
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min LivinginaChrysler... 228,423
More from around the web