Evolution vs. Creation

There are 162197 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81758 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They tried to counter the idea with the impact of asteroids hitting the oceans, and throwing fish and such that are found fossilized hundreds of miles inland, but it didn't whole water...the evidence was to strong.
I think they have pretty well conceded the fact that the earth was indeed covered with water at one time.
Oh my god.

This is seriously Jimbo stupid.

It looks like we are training replacements for him.

Quick, let's hear you explain gravity!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81759 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not expect self proclaimed monkeys,to perceive such things...such perceptions are of a higher order of reality.
Sorry, but most of us do not like taking drugs the way you do. We prefer to learn sober.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#81760 Mar 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah did build an Ark and then the world was flooded and everything was more or less killed.
Then what repopulated the planet with life in that short of time? Or do you believe in super-evolution?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81761 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ARE you freakin' serious?!?!
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life!!
have you never heard of plate tectonics? it is known science and proven fact. unbelievable how closed your mind is...
yes it is...it was proposed by scientists.lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81762 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not good ones! not any who would get their views published in peer reviewed journals.

just on whackjob fundie sites like the ones you cherry pick info off of as your mind is so closed to the truth of your own world...

Location hidden

#81763 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but most of us do not like taking drugs the way you do. We prefer to learn sober.
Even stoners on here make more since than you do....you really give science a bad name with all your nonsense.lol

St. Croix valley

#81764 Mar 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my god.
This is seriously Jimbo stupid.
It looks like we are training replacements for him.
Quick, let's hear you explain gravity!
i believe it has to do with magnets...milions and millions of magnets.

refridgerator magnets with kittens on them, that would be better!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#81765 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what you stated, it was not.

Location hidden

#81766 Mar 19, 2013
A picture of fish fossils in the Himalaya Mountains.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#81767 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Even stoners on here make more since than you do....you really give science a bad name with all your nonsense.lol
It's "sense" not "since."
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#81768 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you keep this 'miracle' to yourself? shouldn't it be open to all of your god's children to have?
What do you mean?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81769 Mar 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You see a "cross".
It could also be described as an "x". Or a lower case "t".
Interesting picture, though.
"The nucleus of the Whirlpool Galaxy (M51). The location of the black hole at the center of the galaxy. The cross was first interpreted as two dust rings circling the nucleus. It was later determined to simply be foreground dust lanes silhouetted by the active nucleus. Bright ionization cones can be seen extending perpendicular to the largest dust feature."
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:M51_w...
I'll see his cross and raise him an FSM:

http://www.venganza.org/wp-content/uploads/20...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#81770 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you count all coincidences as "miracles."
When coincidences keep lining up and the end result is something beautiful like the Bible theme work of art I intended my cane to be, then yes, I know this is a miracle from the lord I serve.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81771 Mar 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Still angry, I see. The Resurection is close at hand....
Harold Camping, is that you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81772 Mar 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be plenty of that as well. No more Lamb, only the LION!
It'll probably taste better.

St. Croix valley

#81773 Mar 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean?
if this is really some magic rock or some part of the crucifixion as you say, why don't you let the whole world see it? give it to the vatican or the smithsonian or something?(the smithsonian would lagh in your face,,,that's why..)

do you think god meant for YOU alone to have such a miraculous piece of proof of his son's visit to Earth? why?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81774 Mar 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bit of land shows proof of being under water. If that's not global enough for you then you choose to be blind.
XO already pointed to it. It was 3 billion years before you think the universe was created. Sure, there's evidence of floods all over the Earth. What YOU need is for it to be simultaneous. And you need it to be within the past 10,000 years max.

But every time I've asked you fundies to provide us with evidence of the Ark's nuclear fusion engines no-one has been able to come up with the goods.

St. Croix valley

#81775 Mar 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>When coincidences keep lining up and the end result is something beautiful like the Bible theme work of art I intended my cane to be, then yes, I know this is a miracle from the lord I serve.
that would still be coincidences. usually, we get what we look for in life. when our eyes are open to what we want, we usually find it.

some people call this luck, or miracles, most rational people just call it being aware.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81776 Mar 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah did build an Ark and then the world was flooded and everything was more or less killed.
Yup, Noah and co included.

St. Croix valley

#81777 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
A picture of fish fossils in the Himalaya Mountains.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images...
yes, the mountains were once a sea bed pushed up by tectonic plate action when the Indian subcontinent slammed into asia. it is still moving norht into asia and raising the himalayan range and plateau higher.

open your mind, lady., there is a whole world of education out there waiting for your brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NYPD officer shot in head dies, commissioner ci... 2 min TOASTER 70
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 18 min ChristineM 6,733
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Learn to Read 188,023
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min RayOne 180,554
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 42 min Truth is might 309,772
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min Earthling-1 53,080
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 1 hr RayOne 717
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr snow 1,225,065
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr My Bong 326,638
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 4 hr SadButTrue 1,259
More from around the web