Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
74,381 - 74,400 of 115,209 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#78926 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know the true nature of God.
There is no God to know the true nature of.

Tenerife

#78927 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet still no proof, using the scientific method, to disprove the existence of said "magic". Your opinion is just that. Opinion. It is not fact.
No Adam and Eve is fact...not my opinion at all. Talk to a scientist who's field is DNA, archaeology, or paleoanthropology.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78928 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>No Adam and Eve is fact...not my opinion at all. Talk to a scientist who's field is DNA, archaeology, or paleoanthropology.
Again, you cannot use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78929 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?! You're going to sit there and deny ridiculing and condemning theists for nothing other than being theists? You're gonna sit there and deny accusing all theists of being ignorant fundies who seek only to persecute and otherwise harm their fellow man? You're gonna sit there and deny blaming the sins of the few on the many? You're gonna sit there and deny your desire to rob millions of their constitutional right to the freedom of religion just because you don't agree with it? You're gonna sit there and say that you don't discriminate against theists in the scientific community no matter how brilliant they may be? You're gonna sit there and deny questioning their objectivity when you yourself, as an atheist, refuses to view the beliefs of others with the same objectivity? Irregardless of the fact that you cannot, in fact, use the scientific method to disprove the existence of the very God they believe in? Give me a break.
Wow! how'd i mioss this one? you went off on a complete little tizzy there.

how is my personal ridiculing of people believing iin a cult that has proven to lie to them repeatedly, forcing my beliefs on an 'unsuspecting public'?

No one in the US is being robbed of their right to religion in any way, shape or form?

and i do view the beliefs of otheres witht eh same objectivity as I view anything.

glad you got htat off your chest?

Tenerife

#78930 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet guy, but we CAN use the scientific method to disprove Adam and Eve....and we have. Talk to a scientist whose field is DNA, archaeology, or paleoanthropology. By the way the reality of Adam and Eve is necessary to Christian dogma.

St. Croix valley

#78931 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to disprove something that has not one shred of evidence of ever existing in the first place. not one teensy weensy shred. ever. nada. zilch. zippo.

Tenerife

#78932 Mar 5, 2013
"Yes, our science can be wrong but is self-correcting. Religion is wrong and not self-correcting—unless it is corrected by science, as in the case of Adam and Eve, evolution, and a hundred other formerly solid tenets of faith.

The purpose of studying evolution never was, of course, to disprove the existence of God. It was to understand how modern life came about, and when. If it disproves scripture or militates against a loving God, well, that’s too damn bad for scripture and God. It is silly to pretend that evolutionists are doing their work with a secret aim of knocking down religion. That result is an unintended byproduct.

Jerry Coyne author of Why Evolution is True.
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/

Location hidden

#78933 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! how'd i mioss this one? you went off on a complete little tizzy there.

how is my personal ridiculing of people believing iin a cult that has proven to lie to them repeatedly, forcing my beliefs on an 'unsuspecting public'?

No one in the US is being robbed of their right to religion in any way, shape or form?

and i do view the beliefs of otheres witht eh same objectivity as I view anything.

glad you got htat off your chest?
Lol Slightly. My chest is large enough as it is. Where is this supposed objectivity?

Location hidden

#78934 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Not yet guy, but we CAN use the scientific method to disprove Adam and Eve....and we have. Talk to a scientist whose field is DNA, archaeology, or paleoanthropology. By the way the reality of Adam and Eve is necessary to Christian dogma.
Guy? My vagina says otherwise, pal. Okay. So you don't believe in Adam and Eve. Cool. What evidence do you have to disprove that exactly? I'm curious.

Location hidden

#78935 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No need to disprove something that has not one shred of evidence of ever existing in the first place. not one teensy weensy shred. ever. nada. zilch. zippo.
"Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Blah blah blah" Nor have you been able to use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God. Opinion doth not facts make.

St. Croix valley

#78936 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Guy? My vagina says otherwise, pal. Okay. So you don't believe in Adam and Eve. Cool. What evidence do you have to disprove that exactly? I'm curious.
two genetically identical people cannot possibly populate and entire planet.

our human DNA shows we did not come from just two humans.

Location hidden

#78937 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
"Yes, our science can be wrong but is self-correcting. Religion is wrong and not self-correcting—unless it is corrected by science, as in the case of Adam and Eve, evolution, and a hundred other formerly solid tenets of faith.

The purpose of studying evolution never was, of course, to disprove the existence of God. It was to understand how modern life came about, and when. If it disproves scripture or militates against a loving God, well, thatÂ’s too damn bad for scripture and God. It is silly to pretend that evolutionists are doing their work with a secret aim of knocking down religion. That result is an unintended byproduct.

Jerry Coyne author of Why Evolution is True.
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/
Cool story, bro.

St. Croix valley

#78938 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Slightly. My chest is large enough as it is. Where is this supposed objectivity?
in everything i look at.

St. Croix valley

#78939 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Blah blah blah" Nor have you been able to use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God. Opinion doth not facts make.
just as your opinion that any god gods or goddesses are real makes it so.

Location hidden

#78940 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in everything i look at.
Really? Cause that is totally not how you come across.

Location hidden

#78941 Mar 5, 2013
Seriously. You people could argue with a lamppost.

Tenerife

#78942 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad....I did not mean to dis your vagina, or you. Truly sorry.

We can thoroughly prove that modern humans were roaming Africa 200,000 years ago and 100,000 years ago, and 50,000 years ago. We can prove that humans were spread all over the earth (except Antarctica) by 15,000 years ago. We can prove the blood/genome connection with Neanderthals which pretty much opens up the connection to even earlier Homo species. simply said....we did evolve from the great ape line.

DNA proves that the human line was never down to 1 or 4 procreating pair(s). The biblical story cannot by any stretch of the imagination fit into what we now know for fact.

This is not theory....its some of those facts that goes into the 'Theory of Evolution' and makes it even stronger.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78943 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
I have to wake up at 5:30 am. Goodnite.
Let me know when you have real evidence.
The vast majority of creationists don't even know what scientific evidence is. That makes them either ignorant fools or liars when they try to claim there is no evidence or worse for you "real evidence". I am more than happy to teach you what evidence is, why it the particular definition of evidence was chosen, and how there is irrefutable evidence for evolution.

Most creationists are too afraid to learn and prefer to continue debating using the Ostrich Technique.

Location hidden

#78944 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just as your opinion that any god gods or goddesses are real makes it so.
Not what I said. I said you can't use the scientific method to disprove it. Something can't not exist just because you say so. Formulate whatever opinion you want. That doesn't mean you have the right to condemn mine.

Location hidden

#78945 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>My bad....I did not mean to dis your vagina, or you. Truly sorry.

We can thoroughly prove that modern humans were roaming Africa 200,000 years ago and 100,000 years ago, and 50,000 years ago. We can prove that humans were spread all over the earth (except Antarctica) by 15,000 years ago. We can prove the blood/genome connection with Neanderthals which pretty much opens up the connection to even earlier Homo species. simply said....we did evolve from the great ape line.

DNA proves that the human line was never down to 1 or 4 procreating pair(s). The biblical story cannot by any stretch of the imagination fit into what we now know for fact.

This is not theory....its some of those facts that goes into the 'Theory of Evolution' and makes it even stronger.

Cool

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 1 min cancersuxs 1,691
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Fed Up Again 256,091
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 3 min Dee Dee Dee 161
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,100,145
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 8 min DaveinMass 532
Obama cautions against using force to solve crises 9 min sandy1 12
White supremacist gang busted (May '06) 10 min Swedenforever 215
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min Le Jimbo 151,181
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 31 min Le Jimbo 1,366
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••