Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216898 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#78063 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up on you tube. Why would they (tyson and dawkins) make a video on poetry of science eh?
Sorry.

You're going to have to make a little more sense than that.

I know you can do it if you really, really try.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#78064 Mar 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who should be embarrassed now. I made no suggestion that there should be bees. I was commenting on how I missed the fact that the tree was in his front room. Ergo my no bees indeed quote.
Your fail is almost a variation of Muphry's Law.
Who's Muphry?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#78065 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
keep trying
Why bother?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#78066 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lemon tree, very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet. but the fruit of the lemon, is so very hard to eat!
And it eats the enamel off your teeth.

That's not the next verse, is it.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78067 Mar 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Muphry?
I linked the article. Look for the name Muphry in blue print.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78068 Mar 1, 2013
http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/Bio...
One method would be:
promotors and enhancers. These could see your artificially produced crops start cross-breeding again.

Everett, WA

#78069 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh...so you laughed when i said 'mountain'...
they technically are mountains, but my neice and her hubby are out in WA and when they visited and I called them mtns, they kind of laughed...
they recently moved to Forks, for the sole purpose, I believe, to harrass the Twihards...
Yes, I laughed a little. But then I worked for the Minnesota Geological Survey when I was going to school. I spent part of one summer working around the Fargo Moorehead area where they use 5 foot intervals on the topo maps. Even then you will have only one line going through an entire map that covers a roughly ten mile by seven mile area. So they have elevations at the center of every square mile and many of those vary by a few, or not at all. When we were looking for one place we were told it was "at the top of the hill". Driving to fast on the country roads I zoomed past a place then realized that it was five feet higher than anywhere else for miles. Yup, that five foot elevation was "the hill".

Location hidden

#78070 Mar 1, 2013
Given an environment of wild variation, obviously.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78071 Mar 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And it eats the enamel off your teeth.
That's not the next verse, is it.
not in the Peter, Paul and Mary version i grew up with...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#78072 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm...mars doesn't have the same atmosphere we do. it is thought it once did, and then did have a similar water cycle.
so you idea that the Earth's water cycle is unique is a faulty premise to start from.
Titan has the exact same cycle, only with methane.

Liquids evaporate, rise, condense and fall all the time.

I dunno where the mystery is...

St. Croix valley

#78073 Mar 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I laughed a little. But then I worked for the Minnesota Geological Survey when I was going to school. I spent part of one summer working around the Fargo Moorehead area where they use 5 foot intervals on the topo maps. Even then you will have only one line going through an entire map that covers a roughly ten mile by seven mile area. So they have elevations at the center of every square mile and many of those vary by a few, or not at all. When we were looking for one place we were told it was "at the top of the hill". Driving to fast on the country roads I zoomed past a place then realized that it was five feet higher than anywhere else for miles. Yup, that five foot elevation was "the hill".
i guess it's all relative..

the peaks behind my place are the 'roof' of MN. not the tallest, that's Eagle mtn, over by Langoliers, but their very close and a whole ridge of them.(with my favorite trout lake, a
little tarn stuck up amongst their peaks!)

I've spent time in the rockies and the weather patterns here are the same, just on a smaller scale. Mountains lite?

St. Croix valley

#78074 Mar 1, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! That song popped into my head the moment I saw 'lemon tree" in your original post!:D
it's also a great movie about palestinian/israeli relations. of course, the song is in it..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78075 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that is third grade level of understanding. It's like saying horse eats grass, so what. You haven't addressed the question I asked. How did these two different species, a plant and an insect co-evolve? So nothing created bees, they just sprang to life and started pollinating and found their niche. And yet there's nothing special about it. Please, don't give flowers to the woman in your life, because they probably don't mean anything as well. lol
"Certan flowers are so advanced that they have adapted themselves to look like female bees. The male bee is tricked into thinking that the flower is actually a female bee and thus goes to mate with it."

St. Croix valley

#78076 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"Certan flowers are so advanced that they have adapted themselves to look like female bees. The male bee is tricked into thinking that the flower is actually a female bee and thus goes to mate with it."
i had that same problem in a bar in key west one time...i dont' want to talk about any more...

Location hidden

#78077 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i had that same problem in a bar in key west one time...i dont' want to talk about any more...
the one with the western style saloon doors?

you dummy...lol

St. Croix valley

#78078 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
the one with the western style saloon doors?
you dummy...lol
i said i don't want to talk about it!!!

(he didn't even call...*sob*)

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78079 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ya someone here thinks bees are stupid they don't know any better, they are not aware of what they're doing just like some men in a bar. They just leave their dirt everywhere but shit happens.

St. Croix valley

#78080 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
ya someone here thinks bees are stupid they don't know any better, they are not aware of what they're doing just like some men in a bar. They just leave their dirt everywhere but shit happens.
you think insects are 'aware'? really?

Location hidden

#78081 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting to wonder whether you need to see resp. a good science fiction movie, a counselor, a bee-whisperer, a woman from the sanitation department or sent you to the store to get more toilet-paper.;p
How about a hug... There you go!

Location hidden

#78082 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think insects are 'aware'? really?
Insects have senses...so they are certainly aware.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Injudgement 253,491
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 10 min Truth is might 14,893
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 11 min Brian_G 13,154
News Congressman plans to introduce national conceal... 11 min petrol 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Grey Ghost 1,459,871
News Illegal Immigration: Would you report undocumen... 22 min HOLLA ISABELLA 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min NO IDEAS HERE 62,347
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 2 hr Timmy 2,263
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Quirky 404,307
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 4 hr Patriot 3,103
More from around the web