Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76668 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's going to be the debate between scientists.
I get the distinct feeling i have the read that science link again, since the obtuse thingies come wrapped and could therefore not be directly measured. So they had to invent an entire lattice based virtual environment to do measurements.

I'll gladly leave it to the scientist but the thing is that you have to read it later anyway. lol

Location hidden

#76669 Feb 19, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Anyone else ever been on the Religion and Spirituality category in Yahoo Answers?
Theists posing questions in that category tend to divide the entire world into Christians and atheists.
No, overhere in the line : what scientist actually think:...
we allready have this going on.
I recall one poster that took a comment on the wrong attributions people gave to the higgs-boson as my attack on evolutionst!
Both sides can go slightly over the top.
But i'ld say nothing beats the judaism forum. Every crank has a go.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76670 Feb 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I see that Langoliers is misreading the PEW poll. Yes, atheism does have a higher percentage that leave it than religions do. Yet it is growing faster than religions according to the PEW poll too. How could that be?
And the fact that Atheism is growing faster than religions is the critical number. One of the reason that atheism loses people is that many people do get tired when fighting the majority. Since atheism is growing faster than religion that will not always be a problem.
Hmmmm more BS from SZ?? Go figure!

"Since atheism is growing faster than religion that will not always be a problem."

Wikipedia:
"Nonreligious
Further information: Irreligion by country
See also: Demographics of atheism
Variously defined, irreligion appears to be increasing (along with secularizationgenerally), particularly in some Western countries. It is increasing in absolute numbers with overall population growth, but is DECREASING as a percentage of the world population"

Yup good old non believers percentage world wide is in FACT DECREASING!

Location hidden

#76671 Feb 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the education.
Any time buddy.

Location hidden

#76672 Feb 19, 2013
people i'm calling it a night.
have a good one.:)

Location hidden

#76673 Feb 19, 2013
MAAT wrote:
government or gemeente, as to the universe running on beer. Poster suggest the proper spelling is tax.
Now say WHAT! langoliers
What?

Location hidden

#76674 Feb 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Did you check out your Bible? No, you didn't. Do you need the whole chapter that describes how God carved this in stone and the modern day interpretation of that commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.

I know, it is crazy, but true. No wonder most Christians go to such lengths to avoid that embarrassment.
The importance of the Ten Words is seen in the facts that they are the first written material in Scripture specified as authoritatively binding (but note Gen 5:1and Exod 17:14) and that they are the only portion of the Bible that we are told was "written with the finger of God" (Exod 31:18, Deut 9:10; cf. Exod 24:12, 32:15-16; Deut 5:22). They are classified as "the words of the covenant" (Exod 34:27-28), which highlights how they and all the rest of Scripture that develops from them were not the decrees of a distant Dictator but the loving instructions of a covenant Father to his vassal children, all designed to sustain relationship in the context of freedom. The Ten Words are the only part of the Bible that was placed in the ark of the covenant (Exod 40:20-21, Deut 10:1-5), and they stand in a foundational position at the head of all other instructions in Exodus and Deuteronomy. They are also echoed throughout Scripture as a summary of what it means to love God and neighbor (see Hos 4:2; Jer 7:9; Pss 50:16-23,81:9; Matt 5:21, 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Rom 13:9). All these elements display the unique role the Ten Words played among those faithful to Yahweh.[1]

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/...

SZ getting tired of being wrong?
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#76675 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Experience. People don't understand the mind and why there are mental disorders and don't know how to deal with them. It's like being being born with an ability but don't know how to use it. Well I figured it out.
Probably not. The human in you will not allow such intelligence. Your best choices are God or bones.....manmade devices. Just one question, humans are discovering the universe is beyond comprehension......larger than life. Aliods(alien gods) need more studying and evaluating. Project Blue Book and SETI ....were not intended to find God after all.

Location hidden

#76676 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Most people that are free thinkers or nonbelievers don't call themselves atheist, much like I have been telling you for years.

i would never answer a poll saying i was an ateist because i am not one.
Bla Bla Bla. The number are posted all over the place survey after survey. You guys just aren't as popular as you think you are period.

Why does it pain you guys so much?
You want to be free thinkers why then do you feel the need to over state your numbers time and time again.

Location hidden

#76677 Feb 19, 2013
MAAT wrote:
people i'm calling it a night.
have a good one.:)
Pretty early isn't it?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76679 Feb 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The importance of the Ten Words is seen in the facts that they are the first written material in Scripture specified as authoritatively binding (but note Gen 5:1and Exod 17:14) and that they are the only portion of the Bible that we are told was "written with the finger of God" (Exod 31:18, Deut 9:10; cf. Exod 24:12, 32:15-16; Deut 5:22). They are classified as "the words of the covenant" (Exod 34:27-28), which highlights how they and all the rest of Scripture that develops from them were not the decrees of a distant Dictator but the loving instructions of a covenant Father to his vassal children, all designed to sustain relationship in the context of freedom. The Ten Words are the only part of the Bible that was placed in the ark of the covenant (Exod 40:20-21, Deut 10:1-5), and they stand in a foundational position at the head of all other instructions in Exodus and Deuteronomy. They are also echoed throughout Scripture as a summary of what it means to love God and neighbor (see Hos 4:2; Jer 7:9; Pss 50:16-23,81:9; Matt 5:21, 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Rom 13:9). All these elements display the unique role the Ten Words played among those faithful to Yahweh.[1]
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/...
SZ getting tired of being wrong?
Those weren't the Ten Commandments I asked about now were they. You claim the Ten Commandments were the first ten laws given orally by god. He continued on and on about some of his laws were just crazy. I specifically said mine were the Ten carved in stone by God.

So, which ones were the most important to him? The first ten of about one hundred or the Ten Carved in Stone.

Did you even check out the verses I linked, idiot?

I don't think so. Otherwise you would know that you are the one who was wrong.

No link this time. Though I could do it easily, I don't want to link to what you might call a biased sight. Go to any site that has all of e Exodus 34 and read it. Tell me what the Tenth and last commandment is that was carved in stone.

Everett, WA

#76680 Feb 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm more BS from SZ?? Go figure!
"Since atheism is growing faster than religion that will not always be a problem."
Wikipedia:
"Nonreligious
Variously defined, irreligion appears to be increasing (along with secularizationgenerally), particularly in some Western countries. It is increasing in absolute numbers with overall population growth, but is DECREASING as a percentage of the world population"
Yup good old non believers percentage world wide is in FACT DECREASING!
I would like to see a link to your claim Langy. The Wiki articles that I found and their links said atheism is increasing world wide, like this one:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/20...

I hope you don't mind that I used the totally biased Christian Science Monitor. Oh wait, that side if anything would be biased against atheists? Well excuuuuuuusssse ME!

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#76681 Feb 19, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Probably not. The human in you will not allow such intelligence. Your best choices are God or bones.....manmade devices. Just one question, humans are discovering the universe is beyond comprehension......larger than life. Aliods(alien gods) need more studying and evaluating. Project Blue Book and SETI ....were not intended to find God after all.
I know that you believe in other intelligent life or advanced species. And your defense is to dismiss both science and religion because you consider them to be primitive compared to the more advanced civilizations in another planet or universe. However, in our three dimensional world on this planet, we can only comprehend our reality as humans. But science and technology continue to progress and religions continue to evolve or maybe dissolve. lol.

If you look at history we started primitively, from stone age, bronze age, iron age, agricultural age, industrial age, to information age, then what's next? Our advancement is like our physical growth. Babies learn to crawl before they begin to walk. You don't expect them to run first.

While you are convinced that our next development will be close to those of advanced species, maybe we should first learn how we will get to that level. I know it's beyond our comprehension and yes it is. It is literally out of this world. But you are not giving us any clue how we can advance. Do you think that we should abandon our current technology, knowledge, beliefs and understanding of the universe and expect to become more advanced? You don't think that these advanced species are already meddling in human affairs to guide us toward some direction? How else do you think our ancient civilizations knew about astronomy for instance? Do you honestly believe that YOU are prepared? What if I told you everything about my experience? It might not make sense I'm afraid or maybe too overwhelming.

Location hidden

#76682 Feb 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to see a link to your claim Langy. The Wiki articles that I found and their links said atheism is increasing world wide, like this one:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/20...

I hope you don't mind that I used the totally biased Christian Science Monitor. Oh wait, that side if anything would be biased against atheists? Well excuuuuuuusssse ME!
Yup atheist numbers are up because and only because the world population is growing. Atheist world population percentage is going DOWN because people aren't buy your crap.

Nonreligious

Variously defined, irreligion appears to be increasing (along with secularizationgenerally), particularly in some Western countries. It is increasing in absolute numbers with overall population growth, but is DECREASING as a percentage of the world population!

SO you don't know how to look this kind of thing up on Wikipedia? OK here's the link you'll have to open the stat tab.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_t...

Everett, WA

#76684 Feb 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup atheist numbers are up because and only because the world population is growing. Atheist world population percentage is going DOWN because people aren't buy your crap.
Nonreligious
Variously defined, irreligion appears to be increasing (along with secularizationgenerally), particularly in some Western countries. It is increasing in absolute numbers with overall population growth, but is DECREASING as a percentage of the world population!
SO you don't know how to look this kind of thing up on Wikipedia? OK here's the link you'll have to open the stat tab.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_t...
Nope, atheism is growing as a percentage of total world population. You keep misreading the poll. Don't believe me? Here is a link to the actual poll where it shows that from 2005 to 2012 that atheism GREW by 3% of the World's Population. That is not a growth due to population, that is a growth as a percentage of population.

http://redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/201...

Who would a thunk it. A creatard is wrong again.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#76685 Feb 19, 2013
I just saw a show on the History channel today about the missing link. I only saw a little of it. I was never raised with religion but it left a lot of questions in my mind. I DO believe in God and I was wondering...where do Adam and Eve fit into this family tree thing they drew. Then it did show where they discovered that the DNA of cro magna man or what ever they called it is a whole different species and not related to humans.

Everett, WA

#76686 Feb 19, 2013
Grumpy68 wrote:
I just saw a show on the History channel today about the missing link. I only saw a little of it. I was never raised with religion but it left a lot of questions in my mind. I DO believe in God and I was wondering...where do Adam and Eve fit into this family tree thing they drew. Then it did show where they discovered that the DNA of cro magna man or what ever they called it is a whole different species and not related to humans.
Adam and Eve were a myth. A fairy tale. They never really existed. Nor was there a world wide flood.

Cro Magnon man is not a different species, you misunderstood that part for sure. He is the earliest "fully human" man.
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#76688 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you believe in other intelligent life or advanced species. And your defense is to dismiss both science and religion because you consider them to be primitive compared to the more advanced civilizations in another planet or universe. However, in our three dimensional world on this planet, we can only comprehend our reality as humans. But science and technology continue to progress and religions continue to evolve or maybe dissolve. lol.
If you look at history we started primitively, from stone age, bronze age, iron age, agricultural age, industrial age, to information age, then what's next? Our advancement is like our physical growth. Babies learn to crawl before they begin to walk. You don't expect them to run first.
While you are convinced that our next development will be close to those of advanced species, maybe we should first learn how we will get to that level. I know it's beyond our comprehension and yes it is. It is literally out of this world. But you are not giving us any clue how we can advance. Do you think that we should abandon our current technology, knowledge, beliefs and understanding of the universe and expect to become more advanced? You don't think that these advanced species are already meddling in human affairs to guide us toward some direction? How else do you think our ancient civilizations knew about astronomy for instance? Do you honestly believe that YOU are prepared? What if I told you everything about my experience? It might not make sense I'm afraid or maybe too overwhelming.
You are intelligent, this we know. Others on this sight regurgitate text to their delight. Chimney 1 knows. I said "Alien code" and he disappeared......smart move? Its obvious the fascination with human existence...the 4w and the why? But, until you actually experience their power you really question its authenticity. The first word out of the primitive pie hole whenever"alien" is mentioned is "crazy". That's out of fear and ignorance. The advanced alien can sense fear, with fear comes distrust. They control and manipulate the primitive with powers only dreamed of by today's humans. What we saw and experienced has changed us forever..........and, no we are not "crazy". On the contrary, they came to us. Deep space holds all the answers. They have been visiting earth for thousands of years...they know the human, because they made the human.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#76689 Feb 19, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>You are intelligent, this we know. Others on this sight regurgitate text to their delight. Chimney 1 knows. I said "Alien code" and he disappeared......smart move? Its obvious the fascination with human existence...the 4w and the why? But, until you actually experience their power you really question its authenticity. The first word out of the primitive pie hole whenever"alien" is mentioned is "crazy". That's out of fear and ignorance. The advanced alien can sense fear, with fear comes distrust. They control and manipulate the primitive with powers only dreamed of by today's humans. What we saw and experienced has changed us forever..........and, no we are not "crazy". On the contrary, they came to us. Deep space holds all the answers. They have been visiting earth for thousands of years...they know the human, because they made the human.
I was going to ask you about the alien code you're talking about. lol. Mine is more like the concept of gematria. When I came across an e-book about God's Quantum Code, I read it hoping to find some answers. But it's all bunch of formulas that no one understands. But the author mentioned the best description that I think best describes my code. Which in his own words is the The Quadric Duality [Super-Unification] Equation and describe it as a linear alphabet to the ascending and descending numerical description.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76690 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>All the facts would say otherwise. all the logical deductions from his actions and those of his followers would suggest otherwise.
there isn't one shred of evidence that jesus was anything but another human.
Then, i would say you have not read the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Obama Recently Cited Alleged Example o... 26 min Mark Winshel 2
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 35 min Save This Nation 2,210
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,060
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 47 min - Lady Liberty - 292,980
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Guru 181,708
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 1 hr woodtick57 244
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr R12 Freon 583
Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation 2 hr Hooogle It 4
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 2 hr OId Sailor 29
Released from Cuba, Alan Gross says freedom is ... 3 hr Hooogle It 2
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 4 hr Dr Wu 19
More from around the web