Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,608)

Showing posts 72,141 - 72,160 of105,890
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a deja vu experiences. And just like the last time you entered some thread leave scpid and Dude jumps in to answer.
It is by the way related to malware. You did not invent that yourself.
I was stuck in the other thread page 500:
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a mischaracterization. ATLAS did confirm the 126 GeV Higgs using the ZZ channel. There is a larger signal than expected in the diphoton channel. This *could* be a sign of supersymmtery, but let's wait until more data comes in. There is a discovery for the Higgs.
http://www.science20.com/quantum_diaries_surv ...
But they would only declare it a valid result at a higher Sigma value/chance.
I find that good science.
Another unexpected outcome connected with that, seems to be that we have lighter and heavier H-bosons.
And I understood that supersymmetry would not work <~200 GeV.
Though reading back i saw you stating ~100 GeV.
Was that under or precisely round that value?
So are there two limits for super-symmetry?
Never saw the answer to that one, by the way.
I could post a very complicated one i lifted from arvix.
Like, if we force it and skipp the fine-tuning, any ballpark number between 100 and 300 Gev and then up to any and at Tev scale.
But decided that this blog is friendlier, and wiki is ofcourse your best friend.
susy and higgs romance or drama.
About lore, flavor and exorcising.
http://resonaances.blogspot.nl/2012/01/susy-a...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Zackly wrote:
<quoted text>Was 'SYSTEMS, CYCLES and PATTERNS' theory in there somewhere?
Had us going in and through loops for ever.;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

But the computer crowd had quite a ball before it was overtaken by fundamentalists, so your question could have more then one answer.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>If a human baby is raised by monkeys, the human will act like a monkey....correct? If a child is raised by wolves, the child will act like a wolf.....agreed? A child learns a religion, it will live that religion......so true? See, monkey see, monkey do. A human is a product of its environment. It adapts to survive or it dies. Religion warps reality....its a survival mechanism, formed out of fear..........they are out there.
Wolves aren't religious. A child will learn the native culture which it is raised in. And applying the term culture to wolves is certainly being rather broad.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to God the second set is the same as the first, that is if the Bible is true. So the tenth commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers. At least if you go by the Ten Commandments that were carved into stone.
SCREW the tenth commandment!!!

>:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is forcing you to practice a religion? Do you have a problem with people doing what their own cultures dictates too?
Creationists are trying to force people to practice their religion. Hence the massive political push to get religious apologetics taught in public school science classes.

Which is not only monumentally stupid, but also illegal.

Otherwise half us mean old evo's wouldn't bother being here and we'd let the fundies wallow in their own sillyness.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not dragging any thing with you.
My position is that, no one can disprove the existence of God.
And I've agreed with that. Numerous times. For me it's not really a big deal since there's lots of unscientific non-falsifiable concepts.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, God almighty is the creator of the universe.
Maybe, maybe not.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You can eat your science, that is your business.
And I am grateful for the fruits that science provides us.

Fundies aren't, but they couldn't live without it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
Hey the theories are still mocking you! Its YOU who can't handle the creation mode.
Nobody can handle it.(shrug)

That's why there's no scientific theory of creationism.
bohart wrote:
lying fueled by denial
Nope. Woodtick was correct. You are a dishonest liar. Like the vast majority of fundies.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple response, you don't believe. But most people do believe the written stories.
Jesus stories must have been written many years after his death, that does not mean, he never existed.
His existence is too clear to deny.
Actually it would only be clear if there were clear contemporary accounts.

Since there isn't then it is also possible that he was made up, just like every other religion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you a kidnapper with scissors at some point in your life?
I appreciate your admission of inability to form a coherent argument.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If to you your creator is a FSM, i really think that is your headache. But God almighty, the creator, is the creator of the brain.
You just admitted that science has some limitations, thanks for that admission.
No, the FSM is the creator of the brain.

Sure, science has its limitations, but how many computers have you seen magically poofed into existence? Religion ergo has more.
Charles Idemi wrote:
If you don't know, Dude, there is nothing impossible before God.
You don't understand the bible, you lack the spiritual understanding of it.
Isa. 40 vs 22, will tell you more.
I don't lack spiritual understanding, you lack rational skepticism. Since nothing is impossible for God it's quite easily possible that the uneducated douches he got to write the Bible for Him got some stuff wrong. Especially in light of the fact He did things differently.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

bohart wrote:
All right Dude, here's your big chance, tell the world..........How did chemistry create the first lifeform?
Unknown at this point. It is however currently under research by a number of scientific organisations.

This has been explained numerous times, so one can only presume dishonesty for your constant repetition. Plus the fact it has zero bearing on the validity of evolution.

Also the point that any unknowns does not make valid justification for your god of the gaps argument to win by default.
bohart wrote:
Because your damn lies about chemistry creating life through natural means is sickening.
Existing life creates life ! you damn liar!
A liar for the goo!
No, you are a liar for Jesus. I on the other hand have not lied. The problem you are unable to recognise is that life IS chemistry. Something which you would know if you had the slightest bit of scientific knowledge.

And your other problem is that your position requires you to break your own rule. Twice.
bohart wrote:
Existing life creates life!
God was not created. Ergo existing life did NOT create life. You require special exemption.

Adam and Eve were NOT produced by natural reproductive means, but rather by artificial means. You forgot that when life creates other forms of life they do so via naturally occurring biological processes. God did not do it that way. You require special exemption.

Of course all this is moot since your position rests on a grand total of zero evidence.

You are a liar for Jesus.

I should think God would be disappointed.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one would really want to accept a stinking defeat, it is a shame on the part of the mighty Egyptian to be defeated by their own slaves, no one would want to put down such a story.
The whole slave thing is a myth. Sure the Egyptians had some, and from many different cultures. Just like most large societies. But the whole slaves building the pyramids BS like in Hollywood movies is BS.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stinking defeat and defeat, are truly not really the same. The defeat were really beyond their imaginations, to avoid that, they decided not to put down the story.
Think, why the Egyptians and not any other nations?
They were next door?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Zackly wrote:
<quoted text>Was 'SYSTEMS, CYCLES and PATTERNS' theory in there somewhere?
No.

Still don't care Mikey.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
http://www.extremetech.com/ext reme/143497-cern-now-99-999999 999-sure-it-has-found-the-higg s-boson
13 dec 2012 but they confirmed to sigma 7.
In 2015 the LHC in CERN starts up again, than actual confirmation should follow.
And Cybele the site links to an explanation as to what what a higgs-boson actually is.
CYBELE with hindsight and taking a look at the page, i urgently suggest you take a look at wiki for a better explanation of the higgs-boson.(shock and all that god-particles brrr)

I still go for Geons.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Try once more. In English this time please. I don't speak gibberish.
The problem with that is, when he translates his 'gibberish' it comes back as 'gobbledygook'

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You or any one else can not right off the Exodus accounts of Moses and the Israelites from the land of Egypt, i think, there were some truth there, they can not just fabricate such a story.
Remember, this is a story between two existing nations.
Yet a fabrication is appears to be. Based on the, you know, evidence. Or lack there of.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stinking defeat and defeat, are truly not really the same. The defeat were really beyond their imaginations, to avoid that, they decided not to put down the story.
Think, why the Egyptians and not any other nations?
What???

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
SCREW the tenth commandment!!!
>:-(
I can haz Cheezburger?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,141 - 72,160 of105,890
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••