Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75351 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny but true. look at all the whackjobs your cult contains!
PAA

Location hidden

#75352 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>good for your pinky. there is no hereafter. it is a ruse used by your cult to play on your greatest fear.

seems to have worked. i truly think PT Barnum really started you cult...
The word is "your" not "you".

Your pinky must be sore from all that capitalizing of FSM.

And Barnum had you pegged when he hung up the first Exit sign.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75353 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Your type of atheism is a religion.
You are most definitely a positive assertion atheist. "PAA"
you didn't capitalize atheist, hypocrit.

i have never considered myself an atheist. if you need to label people, then it is up to you and only for your use so it doesn't matter to me what term you use.

freethinker works better for the non-cult members, though.

Location hidden

#75354 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet Charles has been shown to be lying often. I have not lied here once.

truly funny since your whole cult is based on proven lies and you have repeated them many times, nowing full well they are lies.

seems it is the cult members here that do all the lying.

proven fact.
" I have not lied here once. "

LOL

How's your pinky doing? LOL

St. Croix valley

#75355 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
PAA
your down to name calling this early in the evening? so sad..

St. Croix valley

#75356 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" I have not lied here once. "
LOL
How's your pinky doing? LOL
just fine. give an example of me lying.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#75357 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are narrow minded. If that according to you is true, people would have lost/ lose interest in the faith, but to no avail.
There are miracles performed daily in the name of God and i am a testimony to that, amen.
Sorry Charlie, but there is no truth to prayer. You, and all the Christians in the world are just deluding yourselves. If prayer actually worked, every person in the world would be Christian and our world would be totally different.

You are living in a dream world if you actually believe a God answers your (or anyone's) prayer.

St. Croix valley

#75358 Feb 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charlie, but there is no truth to prayer. You, and all the Christians in the world are just deluding yourselves. If prayer actually worked, every person in the world would be Christian and our world would be totally different.
You are living in a dream world if you actually believe a God answers your (or anyone's) prayer.
don't know if you saw this earlier...

http://xkcd.com/808/

if religion did what it said it does, it would be the hit you described. yet it still has to compete with all the other cults. it has to change the word of its god to remain relevant to society lest it be overtaken by the other cults.

funny stuff!

““You must not lose faith ”

Location hidden

#75359 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on your proof of no God.
You can't proof a negative.
Bt the way you phrase it.
No god=no god.
Now the onus is on you to proof that this is true or false.

Iquique

#75360 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on your proof of no God.
Still waiting for ANY real evidence FOR a God.

Been looking for over 50 years now....

Iquique

#75361 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't know if you saw this earlier...
if religion did what it said it does, it would be the hit you described. yet it still has to compete with all the other cults. it has to change the word of its god to remain relevant to society lest it be overtaken by the other cults.
funny stuff!
Hello woodtick57. Yes I did see the cartoon and as usual it was right on. It always amazes me how the author of xkcd is able to boil down to just a few words something I have been trying to vocalize for months.

Yes, the apologists for Christianity are constantly reviewing and changing their understanding of the Bible so they can keep themselves and their dogma currant.

I am anxiously awaiting their apologia of the loss of the Adam and Eve story and not having someone to pin 'Original Sin' on. Whatever will Jesus do now??.:-)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75362 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't know if you saw this earlier...
funny stuff!
The truth is...is if it didn't work, it would have been given up along long time ago...

Is every prayer answered?...no...why? Because if every prayer was answered it would become mundane, deteriorating into mere wishes for such things as money and power.

Iquique

#75363 Feb 11, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
There are probably more gods in Christianity than in Hinduism.
Its a good thing they are ALL phony.

Taizhou, China

#75364 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers, who appointed you as editor and proofreader on this thread?
bohart

Newport, TN

#75365 Feb 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for ANY real evidence FOR a God.
Been looking for over 50 years now....
Some people can read War and Peace and come away with nothing, others can read a gum wrapper and unlock the secret of the universe.

Lex Luthor

you seem to be the first

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#75366 Feb 11, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people can read War and Peace and come away with nothing, others can read a gum wrapper and unlock the secret of the universe.
Lex Luthor
you seem to be the first
bohart, it is always up to the person making the positive claim to provide evidence for their claim.

So it is up to you to provide evidence for the existence of god if you want to claim that.

To be fair we have to provide evidence for evolution if challenged. Of course that does not mean that you can deny our evidence. There is a definition of scientific definition which is used for scientific debates. Using that definition there are mountains of evidence that support evolution.

I don't know what type of evidence you would use to support the existence of god.

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#75367 Feb 11, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
The truth is...is if it didn't work, it would have been given up along long time ago...
Nice try. Human beings are very good at deluding themselves and backward rationalizing when there wrong. Fact is prayer like god is indistinguishable from when it works and from when it doesn't. Sorry but be don't see massive documentation for when it works.

When it supposably does work its usually either laziness on the persons part, like when someones cancer goes away for no known reason, there to lazy to look for a more plausible alternate explanation, or *any* other explanation. But seeing as they have a vested interest towards there wishful thing that's understandable.

Or its the payer got answered, but in a very round about sort of way. Ie: backward rationalizing. "well I wanted A, but I got c.5...it works!!!"

But the greatest part,(and you demonstrated this in your post) the fail safe you install yourselves for when it doesn't work is...
xxxooxxx wrote:
Is every prayer answered?...no...why? Because if every prayer was answered it would become mundane, deteriorating into mere wishes for such things as money and power.
Oh the convenience!!
See this way yall can keep lying to your selves and never be the wiser.

"did your payer work??.

Naw, Shiva works when she wants to."

See if payer worked, or er didn't, at least the god in question could have his Secretary send a "denial of application" paper in the mail to show when it didn't work. Plus it would give us metric to gauge prayer from when it works and when it doesn't.

Sorry but payer is nothing more then "mere wishes".

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#75368 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this because God encoded DNA for all intelligent life in his lab, the planets in the universe, where elements were also created. He's not only a Scientist but also a Mathematician, Artist, Architect, and all that.
You are right, atheistic evolution hinders the progress of real science because life could not have started by natural processes on its own. They believe in MUTATION. I believe in PERMUTATION.
I also think there is intelligent life in other planets or galaxies.
Um, most of the elements in the universe are the result, not "created" at all, of the massive chemical reactions we call stars.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#75369 Feb 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your rants will never change what/ who God almighty. You are going to end up like others as manure in the soil.
Just because what I say causes you some deep concern does not make it a rant, it just means it shakes your foundations

Nope Im going to get burnt, I will be dust and ash, still I will fertilise the next life and the next and the next until there is no more life to fertilise.

Tell me, what do you think soil is made of? FYI, the organic component is old life, which includes almost 2000 years of dead christians.

Tell me to you think those above you in the religious hierarchy know something that you dont. After all during the burial ceremony the minister quotes ashes to ashes, dust to dust

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#75370 Feb 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The difference is clear.
Find out the difference between "god", and , " God".
The difference is not clear, the difference is that you choose a particular delusion

No difference other than the English convention of capitalising nouns aww come on you claim so much for the English language. If one god deserves a capital letter then they all do but if you claim no god but your own god deserves a capital then you are discrediting the English language. Personally I believe that no god deserves a capital, its a made up concept, your particular god belief was made up in the bronze age, probably from the beliefs of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten worship of the sun.

FYI the word god was not even invented until the 6th century Christian Codex Argenteus was written it stems from the proto German root gudan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min harmonious 262,862
West Plains billboard depicts Obama wearing a t... (Oct '08) 4 min Ozark Tugger 1,014
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 4 min Blacktigershark 4,290
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,083
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DITCH MITCH 153,859
Ukraine rebels watch Scotland vote with envy 6 min George 33
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 7 min Here Is One 2,825
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Yeah 1,110,179
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 51 min KiMare 55,979
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••