Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#75367 Feb 11, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
The truth is...is if it didn't work, it would have been given up along long time ago...
Nice try. Human beings are very good at deluding themselves and backward rationalizing when there wrong. Fact is prayer like god is indistinguishable from when it works and from when it doesn't. Sorry but be don't see massive documentation for when it works.

When it supposably does work its usually either laziness on the persons part, like when someones cancer goes away for no known reason, there to lazy to look for a more plausible alternate explanation, or *any* other explanation. But seeing as they have a vested interest towards there wishful thing that's understandable.

Or its the payer got answered, but in a very round about sort of way. Ie: backward rationalizing. "well I wanted A, but I got c.5...it works!!!"

But the greatest part,(and you demonstrated this in your post) the fail safe you install yourselves for when it doesn't work is...
xxxooxxx wrote:
Is every prayer answered?...no...why? Because if every prayer was answered it would become mundane, deteriorating into mere wishes for such things as money and power.
Oh the convenience!!
See this way yall can keep lying to your selves and never be the wiser.

"did your payer work??.

Naw, Shiva works when she wants to."

See if payer worked, or er didn't, at least the god in question could have his Secretary send a "denial of application" paper in the mail to show when it didn't work. Plus it would give us metric to gauge prayer from when it works and when it doesn't.

Sorry but payer is nothing more then "mere wishes".

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#75368 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this because God encoded DNA for all intelligent life in his lab, the planets in the universe, where elements were also created. He's not only a Scientist but also a Mathematician, Artist, Architect, and all that.
You are right, atheistic evolution hinders the progress of real science because life could not have started by natural processes on its own. They believe in MUTATION. I believe in PERMUTATION.
I also think there is intelligent life in other planets or galaxies.
Um, most of the elements in the universe are the result, not "created" at all, of the massive chemical reactions we call stars.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#75369 Feb 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your rants will never change what/ who God almighty. You are going to end up like others as manure in the soil.
Just because what I say causes you some deep concern does not make it a rant, it just means it shakes your foundations

Nope I’m going to get burnt, I will be dust and ash, still I will fertilise the next life and the next and the next until there is no more life to fertilise.

Tell me, what do you think soil is made of? FYI, the organic component is old life, which includes almost 2000 years of dead christians.

Tell me to you think those above you in the religious hierarchy know something that you don’t. After all during the burial ceremony the minister quotes “ashes to ashes, dust to dust”

#75370 Feb 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The difference is clear.
Find out the difference between "god", and , " God".
The difference is not clear, the difference is that you choose a particular delusion

No difference other than the English convention of capitalising nouns – aww come on you claim so much for the English language. If one god deserves a capital letter then they all do but if you claim no god but your own god deserves a capital then you are discrediting the English language. Personally I believe that no god deserves a capital, it’s a made up concept, your particular god belief was made up in the bronze age, probably from the beliefs of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten worship of the sun.

FYI the word god was not even invented until the 6th century Christian Codex Argenteus was written it stems from the proto German root gudan.

#75371 Feb 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Humans are nothing before the creator or the almighty.
Get that!
In the vastness of the universe the entire milky way galaxy hardly registers among the billions of galaxies so one lump of rock circling one of the billions of stars in that mote of a galaxy is nothing. On the universal scale humans are smaller than atoms compared to earth.

Let me put it into proportion for you.

On this lump of rock we call earth humans are the (allegedly) most intelligent of around 8,7 million animal species - nothing
Or
There are myriad more suns in the billions of galaxies in this universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on earth - nothing
Or
Take all the space out of all the atoms of all the 7 billion people on earth and you wind up with an ultra dense object about the size of a sugar cube - nothing

So you are correct, albeit for the wrong reason, humans are nothing - Get that?

#75372 Feb 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a law it's a theory and a failed theory at that. GR has been a proven failure in regards to Singularity's.
A theory that does not work everywhere in the universe needs to be modified.
E=MC^2 is NOT a failed theory, nor a law, it’s an equation that has NEVER been disproven. Even the recent jubilation at CERN in which it was thought the equation did not account for neutrino loopholes was proven to be a technical error.

It was never designed to encompass the infinities of singularities, it is an equation for the atomic domain, the domain the atomic universe exists in.

There are similar equations for the quantum domain and until recently the two could never meet because of the infinities of those singularities

The mathematics of Dr Param Singh handles the infinities of both the atomic and quantum realms and ties them together in a way that allows scientists to think and work path those infinities to places they were unable to comprehend 2 years ago.

Please keep up if you want to attempt to discredit evidence.

But it appears that what you want is a piece of magic that works everywhere and every when and you believe no such magic exists so come to the obvious conclusion of the bronze age the hard of thinking and shout “GODDIDIT”

Let me assure you, science is working on such a unified theory and if/when there is a breakthrough the whole world will hear.

#75373 Feb 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, answer the question, what brought the universe into form?
You answer it

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#75374 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you approve of satanists, but disapprove of christianity.
Interesting.
The day they start trying to fashion laws that govern everybody based on their beliefs... or attempt to have their dogma taught as fact in public school science classes... or persecute certain members of the population because they see them as abominations, why should we care what they do?

Location hidden

#75375 Feb 12, 2013
tonymount wrote:
The word "evolution" was used in the primary theory because as the meaning of this word implies, it was the BELIEF that the current species raised from former species that were inferior, worst, and simpler. Even Darwin's conclusions stated that Natural Selection works solely "with slow and short favorable changes", something that we know was a complete and infantile error.
When evolutionists found out that their theory was false as a seven dollar bill, they transformed the word "evolution" into a technical term, with a different meaning in Biology as simply "change" regardless of the direction.
Still, they talk jargon when the say that species do "evolve" because such new technical term "evolution" cannot by any means be used as a regular verb.
Then, we can find evolutionists as deceivers of the truth with respect to their own theory, its origins, its failures, and today its confusion by using jargon to survive between the ignorant.
In reality, by applying the laws of physics, because we are formed by elements, the only tendency of the species is to degenerate or decay.
There wasn't, there isn't, there will not be any evolution at all but simple degenerate steps in the species. To say different is complete nonsense.
For future reference: When you attempt to argue against something, it's always a good idea to at LEAST have some knowledge of what you are talking about. Your post shows that you to be completely ignorant of that which you rant against. But hey... feel free to let that ignorance flow!
ZACKLY

Pass Christian, MS

#75376 Feb 12, 2013
Evolution claims new kinds of species arise and everything evolves on earth. The Bible teaches that there is nothing new under the sun. The book of Solomon chapter 1:6&7&8&9 teaches that everything comes again on its circuit.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#75377 Feb 12, 2013
Terry (and other RATIONAL people): Is it me, or did you have a tough time trying to decipher what 'tonymount' was trying to say?

Other than that he disapproves of the Theory of Evolution due to his misinformed opinion?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#75378 Feb 12, 2013
Thats The Book of Ecclesiastes and SCP theory is based on this cycling concept.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75379 Feb 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is not clear, the difference is that you choose a particular delusion
No difference other than the English convention of capitalising nouns – aww come on you claim so much for the English language. If one god deserves a capital letter then they all do but if you claim no god but your own god deserves a capital then you are discrediting the English language. Personally I believe that no god deserves a capital, it’s a made up concept, your particular god belief was made up in the bronze age, probably from the beliefs of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten worship of the sun.
FYI the word god was not even invented until the 6th century Christian Codex Argenteus was written it stems from the proto German root gudan.
As a simple by the way!
You have no idea of the number of texts i plowed through to find the first menyion. Even finding Jesus in any shape or form i still can't correctly pin-point.
Western church-history makes it all look as if they actually kept check.
They did not.
All i know is that a russian bible is the only one that can be dated properly.
I took it that god came from:
A version of Gawd (old english first attestation in a Welsh copy) the syrian god of chance and enemy of YHWH.
Or from Goth since they spread a rule of terror and destruction to enforce christianity.
Gudean i would read as a form of 'good' or pointing to Judea. The man from Gudea.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75380 Feb 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is...is if it didn't work, it would have been given up along long time ago...
Is every prayer answered?...no...why? Because if every prayer was answered it would become mundane, deteriorating into mere wishes for such things as money and power.
Again, if it DID work it would be used in medicine today. of course it doesn't work...proven.

Location hidden

#75381 Feb 12, 2013
ZACKLY wrote:
Evolution claims new kinds of species arise and everything evolves on earth. The Bible teaches that there is nothing new under the sun. The book of Solomon chapter 1:6&7&8&9 teaches that everything comes again on its circuit.
I would put it even stronger: life started at least twice.
Anaerobic and aerobic life.

May i suggest you read Solomon in context.
And leave it there.

Location hidden

#75382 Feb 12, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Terry (and other RATIONAL people): Is it me, or did you have a tough time trying to decipher what 'tonymount' was trying to say?
Other than that he disapproves of the Theory of Evolution due to his misinformed opinion?
I just figured it was a combination of a science-denier's thought process and a random word generator. I could be wrong though

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75383 Feb 12, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I just figured it was a combination of a science-denier's thought process and a random word generator. I could be wrong though
'thought process'...funny!

Location hidden

#75385 Feb 12, 2013
As a simple by the way!
You have no idea of the number of texts i plowed through to find the first menyion. Even finding Jesus in any shape or form i still can't correctly pin-point.
Western church-history makes it all look as if they actually kept check.
They did not.
All i know is that a russian bible is the only one that can be dated properly.
I took it that god came from:
A version of Gawd (old english first attestation in a Welsh copy) the syrian god of chance and enemy of YHWH.
Or from Goth since they spread a rule of terror and destruction to enforce christianity.
Gudean i would read as a form of 'good' or pointing to Judea. The man from Gudea.
---
The gothic or rhunic swedish 'goth' is not related to the greek agathos-good.(fhutark, is a limited alphabet but that is want the Goths based their alphabet on.)
But in it's most original meaning it would be intertwined, fitting in it's circle of things belonging and part of the environment(a garden weed f.i.)
I got too Gu da an.
Gu-intertwined
da-god
an-one, only

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75386 Feb 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, most of the elements in the universe are the result, not "created" at all, of the massive chemical reactions we call stars.
and you assume nothing created or caused the stars to have nuclear reaction

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75387 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, if it DID work it would be used in medicine today. of course it doesn't work...proven.
You want doctors to be faith healers or witch doctors? eww..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 2 min neveratfault 387
News Look who's speaking Spanish: It's the 2016 Repu... 3 min Go Blue Forever 41
News Republicans are not compassionate 4 min Earl 64
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 min untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Sending weapons to Ukraine will soon be irrelevant 4 min Oliver Cromwell 251
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Ari son of Anarchy 180,092
News 2014 in review: An unsettling year, with religi... 5 min untilthelighttak ... 2
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 6 min PolakPotrafi 990
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min sonicfilter 1,223,233
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 40 min Brian_G 325,954
More from around the web