Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221446 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65396 Dec 14, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Remind them to also read Darwin's own disclaimer in his book of Evolutionary Theory.
You mean the bit where he said he MIGHT be wrong? Don't worry, he's since been vindicated for the most part:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
STEPHMAR wrote:
There are very good reasons why we all contain "junk" DNA. Unfortunately, many people refuse to read The Holy Texts;perhaps, because they fear they might just learn the truth instead of the B.S.
Whoa! Don't tell that to Maz! ALL DNA is supposed to be "100% functional!"

Well, except for these little bits here and there which have gone through a radiation poisoning-like mutation rate. Me, I thought radiation poisoning could be pretty serious.(shrug)

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#65397 Dec 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
Yes.
Natural selection.
LOL! Very funny.

above and beyond

#65398 Dec 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I figured she was talking about the Jim Jones wannabees.
No. It's the same people who made the crop circles

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#65399 Dec 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I figured she was talking about the Jim Jones wannabees.
I haven't heard of them. I Google searched "Upside down mountain" and found a reference to a mountain where the strata on top are younger than strata on the bottom. Many many years ago when mapping for a summer undergraduate geology course we found a thrust fault in the section that the team that I was in with three others found thrust fault. It was pretty cool. The area had not been mapped yet and even our instructors were all over it after we found it.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65400 Dec 14, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know genes were created by God, Rose Tyler?
Are you trying to say the fossil record was created by Satan? Care to pull up the evidence for that?
Are you trying to say it's impossible for God to send a flood and thereby create a few fossils to make a record that Satan wants to twist?

above and beyond

#65401 Dec 14, 2012
How do geologists explain this?

http://beyondthebrook.files.wordpress.com/201...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65402 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard of them. I Google searched "Upside down mountain" and found a reference to a mountain where the strata on top are younger than strata on the bottom. Many many years ago when mapping for a summer undergraduate geology course we found a thrust fault in the section that the team that I was in with three others found thrust fault. It was pretty cool. The area had not been mapped yet and even our instructors were all over it after we found it.
Cool. I looked up her mountain and apparently some Mayan nuts think it's groovy for different reasons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugarach#Cult_se...

Everett, WA

#65403 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
What? That is not a geology question. Those rocks were set that way by man. Luckily for you I am almost all-knowing (wink):

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65404 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say it's impossible for God to send a flood and thereby create a few fossils to make a record that Satan wants to twist?
It's not impossible for God to do anything.

That's why it's not scientific.

Well, I'm not sure if it can create a rock it can't lift though. But that's the fundie's problem.

Everett, WA

#65405 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record could not have been made by a global flood.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#65406 Dec 14, 2012
Cybele wrote:
People.

With too much time on their hands.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#65407 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying it's impossible for God to have left evidence for Man (including fossils, genetics, and other science) that show the record for life on earth as it really DID happen?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#65408 Dec 14, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Remind them to also read Darwin's own disclaimer in his book of Evolutionary Theory. There are very good reasons why we all contain "junk" DNA. Unfortunately, many people refuse to read The Holy Texts;perhaps, because they fear they might just learn the truth instead of the B.S.
Thanks again for that. I will be sure and let them know. We are rushing down to our corner bookstore now. Darwin you say. I will remember that.

Everett, WA

#65409 Dec 14, 2012
I love Wally Wallington. He developed his own method of moving huge blocks of stone by himself. He has shown that since one man can move a block weighing 20,000 pounds or more by himself then the Egyptians with crews of at least thousands would have had no problem moving the blocks that make up the pyramids.

He did not do any research into how the Egyptians actually did their work, he merely points out that the Egyptians could have used the same techniques that he did to move their blocks.

#65410 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I know God could flood the universe with pretzels leaving behind fossilized beef stew and real estate signs. If you you are talking about an omniscient being, he could do pretty much whatever he wanted. Fossilize the cast of Star Trek and put them in a sea full of pudding far all I know.

What I will say is that there is no evidence to indicate that a flood such as described by the Bible ever occurred. There is every indication that the Biblicl flood story is descended from similar flood stories of previous cultures.

Are you saying that God is some sort of lying trixter that has to resort to fraud in his relationship with man. I don't like your god.

#65411 Dec 14, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you maybe stop avoiding my questions and answer them for a change. Give it go. What do ya say.

#65412 Dec 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? That is not a geology question. Those rocks were set that way by man. Luckily for you I am almost all-knowing (wink):
http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/
I knew it.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#65413 Dec 14, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying it's impossible for God to have left evidence for Man (including fossils, genetics, and other science) that show the record for life on earth as it really DID happen?
No, I was saying that Nothing is impossible for God.(which dude got) and explanations for fossils aren't owned by everyone but fundies, and a global flood is credible for way more than it receives credit for on this forum...and that's always been super frustrating to me...if you wanna know how I really feel...

above and beyond

#65414 Dec 14, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
People.
With too much time on their hands.
Wow you really don't have respect for the ancient peoples. And who's ignorant now?

#65415 Dec 14, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently God is now a trixter, that leaves things behind for Satan to come along an monkey with. You know, the Satan, that is a prisoner in Hell, yet seems to have a free run of everything he wants.

It is simple logic. Use one invisible, all powerful, unseen, unheard being to explain another invisible, all powerful, unseen, unheard being. It is the capstone of logic. I think they have cracked the code.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rahm Emanuel on Democratic problems: - You're n... 2 min UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Jay 270,786
News Senate Intelligence Committee requests Trump ca... 14 min Christsharia sLaw 10
News How President Trump consumes - or does not cons... 21 min Christsharia sLaw 1
News Snubs and slights are part of the job in Trump'... 26 min Christsharia sLaw 2
News As White House defends Jared Kushner, experts q... 30 min Christsharia sLaw 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Into The Night 63,626
News Every GI Who Invaded Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Was a ... 2 hr davy 33
News Flynn invokes 5th Amendment, refuses to comply ... 2 hr WelbyMD 96
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,970
News James Comey fired as FBI director 4 hr Erl 3,057
More from around the web