Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
59,741 - 59,760 of 114,371 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be because despite all the rhetoric and similarity many non closely related species share, only mankind, a furless, obligate bipedal primate, can make meaning of the world and conceive the concept of a God and afterlife. Despite sign language a fur laiden ape will never conceive of a God, no matter how many generations of signing you evoke.
The mind of God is where we refect the likeness of God, not in the limbs tetrapods and whales are supposed to share which is ridiculous, nor the neural spindles primates share with whales and nothing in between.
Yet, you demonstrate a clear inability to utilize these concepts you claim make us stand out. Sadly, you are so wrong on your assertion it's almost humorous. Delusion is also as common in other animals as well, so is drug addiction. Other animals also demonstrate very basic scientific understanding in many cases, no theory or gravity equations but understanding none-the-less.

We are also not the only bipeds, also we do have fur, it's just not thick fur in all areas. Have you ever seen a chimp's hand? It's hairless on the palms like ours, and the patches of hair on the back of the hands match ours as well. You feel so small, probably because you really don't know anything, that you have to make up this magical and all-powerful thing to be "a mirror" of in order to feel significant. I feel sorry for people with self esteems as low as yours, clinging to fairy tales in order to quell that small voice in your head telling you that you are useless, worthless, that you cannot do anything at all, so you make up an imaginary friend to fight that small voice. The problem is that you cannot admit that this friend is imaginary, that is why it's a delusion.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you thik abiogenesis should be classified as PHYSICS?
I do.
Depends on which abiogenesis hypothesis holds water, or which one you are talking about. The primary one that's strong and showing demonstrable results is chemistry, which is fitting since chemistry is pretty much a precursor to all biological functions.

Now if you're talking about the abiogenesis assertion of the bible, that dirt was magically poofed into life, that's just fairy tales.

Such matters you should be a little more precise on.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
So how does the genome know what is or is not a beneficial mutation?
You just won the golden qqoq award!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Arch has not gained any bird traits nor loose any dino traits, that appears to be what you refuse to suck up.
Arch has a wishbone just like a theropod, feathers like a theropod, three digits like a theropod, has a moveable thighbone like a dinosaur and a beak like a dino and a plethora of other species.
Arch does not have a reversed hallux like a bird, hollow bones like a bird, a moveable thighbone like a bird, a wishbone like a modern bird, nor a beak like a modern bird.
So I will ask again seeing as you evos have bombed out with every try,eg hollow bones what traits are intermedicate or a mix that suggests arch is anything more than a variety of dinosaur?
Evos are you still wiping egg off their faces around their hollow boned dinosaurs?
Here is what I don't get. Maz doesn't understand what Archaeopteryx is, but somehow recent findings by scientists regarding Archaeopteryx place in the lineage between dinosaurs somehow shatters the theory of evolution? Not even remotely correct. All this is is an argument in science over the placement of Archaeopteryx. Whether it will retain its position as an intermediate species sharing traits between dinosaurs and birds (including a wishbone) or as a member of a related clade will be a matter of further research, debate and further evidence.

Which ever evidence best supports the future classification of this animal, it still clearly possesses features transitional between dinosaurs and modern birds.

Only someone completely outside their intellectual element would consider this to be evidence to break down the theory of evolution.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
I would never be so ignorant (as you have just shown to be, because you have NO IDEA, WHAT I believe in) to imply ANY such thing for I did not personally KNOW the man, and therefore, can only base MY OPINION on what I've READ of the mans writings.
SOME of interviews WITH Eistien however, can be read BELOW--
----------
The following comes from "What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester Viereck,"The Saturday Evening Post, Oct. 26, 1929, p. 17. The questions are posed by Viereck; the reply to each is by Einstein.
On Jesus-
"To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"
"As a child, I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."
"Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?
"Emil Ludwig's Jesus," replied Einstein, "is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."
"You accept the historical existence of Jesus?"
"Unquestionably. No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. How different, for instance, is the impression which we receive from an account of legendary heroes of antiquity like Theseus. Theseus and other heroes of his type lack the authentic vitality of Jesus."
"Ludwig Lewisohn, in one of his recent books, claims that many of the sayings of Jesus paraphrase the sayings of other prophets."
"No man," Einstein replied, "can deny the fact that Jesus existed, nor that his sayings are beautiful. Even if some them have been said before, no one has expressed them so divinely as he."
None of these quotes debunk what I said about Einstein's views.

Didn't you do at least a little investigation before you showed that you were the ignorant one?

I tell you what, I am feeling generous. Look up what Einstein seriously thought about Christianity and Judaism. Here is a hint, more than once he called them childish beliefs.

Admit you were wrong, and I will forget this incident.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

<quoted text>
They're not though, or they would be called Grimms Gospels.
Stop trying to distort the archivial reference subjectors.
Hey genius, he was not talking about the Gospels, they are only 2,000 years old. But you do have a good point. There are some obvious fairy tales in the gospels too.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey genius, he was not talking about the Gospels, they are only 2,000 years old. But you do have a good point. There are some obvious fairy tales in the gospels too.
No, they're all obviously fairy tales.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they're all obviously fairy tales.
Shh, we have to break it to them gently.

There probably was a person named Jesus and he may even have been killed by the Romans for his activities. No miracles of course, people don't need miracles. Look at some of the preachers out there today.

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, typical creotard...much much more evil than any atheist ever thought of being.
Hitler was an atheist. He was also a self loathing half Jew

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. First off the idea of being "half Jew" is false. Second he believed in his own version of Christianity. If you asked him what religion he was he would have said Christian or Catholic.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was a confessed Christian and he caused books about evolution and anti-religion to be banned and burned...look it up.

Hitler was a megalomaniac of the first order. He was also a speed (amphetamines) addict and certifiably crazy.

http://speccoll.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/...

Go to the above website for proof of what kind of books were black-listed by the regime.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was a confessed Christian and he caused books about evolution and anti-religion to be banned and burned...look it up.
Hitler was a megalomaniac of the first order. He was also a speed (amphetamines) addict and certifiably crazy.
Go to the above website for proof of what kind of books were black-listed by the regime.
Hit-ler was Catholic.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Arch has not gained any bird traits nor loose any dino traits, that appears to be what you refuse to suck up.
Arch has a wishbone just like a theropod, feathers like a theropod, three digits like a theropod, has a moveable thighbone like a dinosaur and a beak like a dino and a plethora of other species.
Arch does not have a reversed hallux like a bird, hollow bones like a bird, a moveable thighbone like a bird, a wishbone like a modern bird, nor a beak like a modern bird.
So I will ask again seeing as you evos have bombed out with every try,eg hollow bones what traits are intermedicate or a mix that suggests arch is anything more than a variety of dinosaur?
Evos are you still wiping egg off their faces around their hollow boned dinosaurs?
You have to be a poe.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be a poe.
Aah yes. That rant of Maz. I was trying to lead her up to the question about whether Archaeopteryx had hollow bones, it did by the way< and she went off on one of her Fruit Loops rants.

Of course she denied Archaeopteryx having hollow bones since according to her it is a dinosaur, and that's all.

Transitional species make for fun debates with creatards. Just let them pick which species that the animal "definitely" is and let the fun begin.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was a confessed Christian and he caused books about evolution and anti-religion to be banned and burned...look it up.

I was wrong I was using second hand info from something I heard years ago I'm sorry.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrong I was using second hand info from something I heard years ago I'm sorry.
Rats! Bat Foy is not a creatard. A creatard believes he is right no matter what evidence is given to him.

I am so disappointed. Now we can't tease him mercilessly.

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hit-ler was Catholic.
So Catholicism is not Christian??

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Rats! Bat Foy is not a creatard. A creatard believes he is right no matter what evidence is given to him.

I am so disappointed. Now we can't tease him mercilessly.
I still believe in the bible and God so tease at will.

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries my friend

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a different guy from the real Einstein only for those who can't see through a typo or two....:-)
Gee, I never make typos...:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••