Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205067 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#53356 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Help your self. I don't need your help. If you really wanted to help, the monkeys, chimps, gorillas and others, are there, go to them.
Lol.

Again, I don't think you understood what I wrote. Here is the post you replied to. Please note that your response makes no sense as a reply to what I said.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As understanding what is in people heads (hearts) is my profession I hope I at least have some, god given, skill in that regard! Please typo the number 4 at the beginning of your reply if you read this far. Again, your response was off topic as I never claimed to be god. I was just trying to help you with your anger and self esteem issues.
I also try to help you with your English. For my efforts I receive nothing but vitriol from you. I guess appreciation is a bit to much to expect for my service to you.

You need my help desperately. Do they not have mental health services in Iceland?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53357 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The facts are there, the bible is one of the world's most read religious books. If i am not mistaken, it could even be, the number one book in the world.

You seem to jump from statement to statement without regard to what you said earlier. Some people read the bible, but everyone is dependent upon science. Things as simple as a flu shot (which is based on evolution) saves hundreds of thousands of lives.

Modern medicine is turning to evolution to understand sicknesses and to learn better ways to treat disease.

Evolutionary medicine rules.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53358 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> One million, fifty thousand, two hundred thousand, and the likes, are all exaggerations. No one was born then. This is just guessing and projections.

No. You have been taught science by liars or the ignorant. We know how old things are by physics, chemistry and astronomy. We can usually date things to within 3% of their actual age. We have over 40 dating methods which all agree with one another and overlap significantly.

If you knew anything about science you would know better.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#53359 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
"Maths" is what you say either before learning how, or to lazy to spell "Mathematics"
How goes, amigo?
"Maths".

That's what I grew up calling it, too.

The Borderland of Sol

#53360 Oct 18, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Idemi lives in Reykjavik, Iceland. His primary language is Icelandic.
Huh. That makes him remarkable.
The Icelanders I have known all spoke fluent English...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53361 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are contradicting yourself. We are in the world of science and art. Maths( science) and English, in addition to other languages( arts) proved that...

I am disappointed in this post. You had several posts in a row that were quite readable but then we come to this one. But your second two sentences here really do not make any sense.

Part of your problems appears to be expressing abstract ideas. Since a lot of what we have on this forum is the exchange of abstract ideas your problem seems more glaring.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53362 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Correction:
Most professions, don't use Maths. Mathematics is compulsory for them, to achieve their dreams of a successful professionals. Mathematics is a must for them.

??? Again, not sure what you are trying to express here. In your first sentence you say professionals don't use math. In your next sentence math is required for professionals.

Can you resolve your contradiction?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53363 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No.
I want you to know that, there is a difference between " use " and " requirement ". Maths ( a type of science), is needed in all the scientific profession. It is a must.

Another confusing paragraph. You SAY they are different, but how are they different?

Second you state that math is a type of science but, as we have determined, that is not true. Finally you state that math is needed in scientific professions. What that is true it does not follow from what you have said before.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53364 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No.
There is no unreal world, except in your imagination. If according to you, maths is unreal, then why are scientist using it compulsorily?
Science without Maths, is a cup with little or no water.
Oy vay. It seems you don't really understand math or what is done in higher mathematics. Math can describe real worlds and unreal worlds.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53365 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mathematics, in clear terms, is not a language, but can be likened to that (language, a form of art, such as English, French, etc ).
If Maths is unreal according to you, why is it a compulsory requirement in the sciences?

I cannot tell from your reply if you understood what Drew was saying or not. You seem more in a hurry to argue than you are to understand.

Please reread Drew's post and see if you comprehend his meaning BEFORE you rush off to reply.

Drew Smith wrote:
No. With physics and chemistry, you are learning facts and theories about the real world. You may be learning some terminology, but that terminology is in an existing language (such as English or French or German).
With mathematics, you are not learning facts and theories about the real world. You are learning symbols and the grammar rules to manipulate them. Just as with learning any other language.
<quoted text>
Nobody here said otherwise, so what's your point?
<quoted text>
Which *still* doesn't make mathematics a science. Mathematics is a type of language. It has symbols and a set of rules to manipulate the symbols in a meaningful way.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53366 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And if that aspect of Mathematics, are completely out of physics, physics, Chemistry would no longer be a complete science.
That is why your analogy is wrong.

No, his analogy was exactly correct. Please read for comprehension.

Science uses mathematics but science is not mathematics.

There are some higher forms of research mathematics that could be considered a form of science, but this is not what people usually thing about when they talk about mathematics.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53367 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No.
Mathematics is a science and all subjects or courses are a type of language. All are important to mankind.

Gibberish.

Poor thinking.
Poor writing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53368 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tell that to the dogs.
Since Physics and Chemistry are man made, they just a type of language...

Gibberish.

Poor thinking.
Poor writing.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#53369 Oct 18, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Maths".
That's what I grew up calling it, too.
Yo amigo!

Vote for Double Fine!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/T6TKUG3...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#53370 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, old chap.
At your age, such things happen
*Low blow alert*
How goes with you amigo?
Not too bad!

....didn't win the Lottery last nite....but other than that...

How you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53371 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My country is personal to me, but for this purpose, i will tell you my continent, my continent is Africa.

As you have been confirmed to be a liar on a previous issue it should not be shocking that you have lied again.

In a previous post you claimed to be from Iceland. So you were either lying then or you are lying now.

Africa actually makes more sense in looking at the quirks of how you write. I am guessing that you are from South Africa and your native language is Afrikaans. That is just an educated guess, but it would seem to fit the facts.

How did I do?

Oh, never mind. You will lie no matter what the truth is.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53372 Oct 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever!!!
But i know that, the koran as its roots or base from the bible...

And the bible has it's roots in the mythology of the middle east.

The Borderland of Sol

#53373 Oct 18, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo!
Vote for Double Fine!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/T6TKUG3...
Just did.

You appear to have a comfortable lead.

Hardly a shock.

The Borderland of Sol

#53374 Oct 18, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too bad!
How you?
Nor did I.

Again.

I think it's broken.

*grumble*

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#53375 Oct 18, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too bad!
How you?
Listening to Symphony X at work, sealed a major deal yesterday.

Going very well amigo.

How's about them debates, hey? Double Fine watches with a keen eye.

P.S. Double Fine has a failsafe way to win the lottery... Just ask and Double Fine will give you the (((SOLUTION)))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrat asks Villages to stop playing Hillary ... 16 min tbird19482 7
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 16 min humphreyz 53
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 1 hr payme 1,562
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 222,605
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,419,330
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 239,561
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Brian_G 15,987
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Yeah 393,301
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 hr Surgit Tempestas 7,854
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 5 hr littleoleladyfrom... 78
More from around the web